• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal SSB64 Chula Vista/San Diego Tounament (date,venue,time posted)

Skrlx

Smash Champion
SSB64 Tournament/sideevent

WHERE:
Havok's House: 1326 Whitaker Avenue
Chula Vista, CA, 91911

WHEN:
March 8 2009

TIME:
friendlies: 11:00AM TOURNAMENT starts: 1:00PM

RULES:
Smash 64 rules
Double Elimination

All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.

5 stock, 10 min Time limit

Team Attack On(if there is TEAMS)

No excessively STALLING a match! If caught doing so, you will be asked to stop with a warning. If you continue to do so, you will forfeit the match.
Items OFF

Stages/Characters:

Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Saffron City, Dreamland and Congo Jungle.

If a player plays Ness; he may demand a repick if Saffron City is selected as a random stage, however if the opponent is the loser he has the right it counter-pick Saffron City.

All other stages banned

First round stage is random unless players can agree upon a stage

Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go to random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters

2$ entry fee
Teams: If there are at least 4 teams, same rules apply

Tournament page in AiB: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5148

TheRealColtMaster

Smash Apprentice
With enough previous notice and if its a good set up im sure plenty of people will come. its a good location. ssb64 is getting alot more competative in AZ. i promise you that. if its a big enough tourny im sure at least 30 people just from AZ will show.

There will be another ssb64 tourny coming up soon in Tempe btw. keep ur eyes and ears open.

Lovage

Smash Hero
how to get attendance: host it along side Azn_Lep's ssbm melee triweekly at UCSD. Wait for him to announce the next date and ask him to host a ssb64 tournament concurrently. i would go

Skrlx

Smash Champion
With enough previous notice and if its a good set up im sure plenty of people will come. its a good location. ssb64 is getting alot more competative in AZ. i promise you that. if its a big enough tourny im sure at least 30 people just from AZ will show.

There will be another ssb64 tourny coming up soon in Tempe btw. keep ur eyes and ears open.
well i'm talking about SOCAL san diego.. but AZ is cool too

how to get attendance: host it along side Azn_Lep's ssbm melee triweekly at UCSD. Wait for him to announce the next date and ask him to host a ssb64 tournament concurrently. i would go
It would work but i don't want to.
i'm a bit young compared to azen and all his college people
it would feel weird :S

/yawn.... Trigger will beat u anyways!
..what? U coming or no?

b-rex

Smash Apprentice
i would definitely come from az if you get enough people/big enough pot. i'd come with a few others as well

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
I'd be down for a 64 tourney. I would have gone to the last tourney in Glendale, but i was visiting family.

D

Deleted member

if you live close to a metrolink and are willing to give me a ride or something I might go

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
It would work but i don't want to.
i'm a bit young compared to azen and all his college people
it would feel weird :S
Why would that matter? It's smash.
It's a good idea and not doing it because you "don't want to" is pretty limiting to yourself

Anyway, make sure matches are recorded at this tourney! Good luck with all the hosting business.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
if you live close to a metrolink and are willing to give me a ride or something I might go
are you talking to me? or someone else?

Why would that matter? It's smash.
It's a good idea and not doing it because you "don't want to" is pretty limiting to yourself

Anyway, make sure matches are recorded at this tourney! Good luck with all the hosting business.
yeah i guess you're right

Skrlx

Smash Champion
because its fun? Seeing as you started bashing me ages ago and i thought it was funny then...and its still funny now XP

ok sorry ):
Actually i never did bash on you..

all of this havoc started when you had a odd grudge on something as dumb as DI or something.

make up your mind are we friends or not? you act normal one day and then all of a sudden you act like an *******.. weren't you friends with mattnf after that talk about religion? last time i saw you guys talking you were fighting on kaillera ._.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
last time i saw you guys talking you were fighting on kaillera ._.
Yes, me and MattNF get along fine untill I have to mute him for something, then he becomes a big baby and tells ME to stop crying...i dun get him.

And what really starting stuff between me and you is the fact that you kept BSing that you where better then me...it used to bother me because i knew I was better btu now it doesn't matter even if you ARE better, I have stopped caring honestly xP

if you want to be friends then sure ^_^

b-rex

Smash Apprentice
i dont want to hear your relationship issues talk about the smash tournament, when do you think you'll have it i need to buy plane tickets

Skrlx

Smash Champion
lol u guys are so homo
Lol, i was thinking the same thing when i was typing that but meh.
only i have decision/word on my orientation and i say STRAIGHT :laugh:

@ b-rex yeah i'm looking for a venue

Signia

Smash Lord
I'm from Orange County and I'll definitely be there with a couple friends.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
who the hell put this tournament here.. people can barely see it.. PLEAE MOVE back to the main page

also who's goinggg!!

D

Deleted member

venue? date? time?

you'd get more people saying they will come if you put a definite time and place

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
There will be a possibility of this being hosted alongside a brawl tournament weekly. once i get a OK from the person hosting the brawl tournament i can give more details. (please note this will be in March 1st (tuesday))​
Chula vista? Is that weeklies with Havok?

March 1st is a Sunday, isn't it? Tuesday would suck for a tournament.

What bad timing. But we all know Bro's before smash before ho's. :ohwell:

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
CBJ you should go to this, and even if you dont meet in tourney, make sure you and Dair have like...a 5-10$ MM ...that way the silly things can stop :O

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Chula vista? Is that weeklies with Havok?

March 1st is a Sunday, isn't it? Tuesday would suck for a tournament.

What bad timing. But we all know Bro's before smash before ho's. :ohwell:
LOL yeah.. i got a ok and i might be going to his tournament tomorrow so we can talk more about the tournament. (date has been changed to march 8)

Top Bottom