• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar glitchhhhhh

Kaos_Olimar

Smash Cadet
ok....so i finally got the vdeo up....of the upsmash glitch...terrible quality with my camera...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3dlC7kr0xIo
heres the url.... = [ i hope someone can explain it...better video comming up when i get the camera...and i hope it is up by next weekend....im trying really hard to prove this bcz its true. the pikmin flies high hitting wtv is in its way like an ordinary upsmash...just super high...k? well thnx...and hopefully have it up soon...

Fino

Smash Master
ok....so i finally got the vdeo up....of the upsmash glitch...terrible quality with my camera...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3dlC7kr0xIo
heres the url.... = [ i hope someone can explain it...better video comming up when i get the camera...and i hope it is up by next weekend....im trying really hard to prove this bcz its true. the pikmin flies high hitting wtv is in its way like an ordinary upsmash...just super high...k? well thnx...and hopefully have it up soon...
O.o I don't see what you're talking about...
Perhaps a time reference?
Toon link is gay

~Fino

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
Looks like lucario took fire damage. Olimar can deal fire damage, falco can't, thus a hitbox glitch. Maybe the attack did some sort of "Chain-hit" from falco to lucario?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Kaos, you could send the replay to me
._.

i have a capture card so i could upload it with much better quality

Fino

Smash Master
it's like in the last 3 seconds

looks like you just usmash falco and falco flies up and hits lucario...
That's what I thought it might be... but I wasn't sure if it was something else.

Looks like lucario took fire damage. Olimar can deal fire damage, falco can't, thus a hitbox glitch. Maybe the attack did some sort of "Chain-hit" from falco to lucario?
No, lucario does a fair... there's no fire.
toon link is gay

~Fino

Kaos_Olimar

Smash Cadet
YESSSSSSSS
hilt is making the videos right nowww. i thank him alot for doing it........It might be a new olimar AT if we can figure it out guys =]]
OLI FOR GOD TIER!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
okay, it's up :D
also i'd like to apologize for the lack of sound. capture card's been messing up lately >.>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uH3k8IhcNg

what it looks like is that when the pikmin is attacked and knocked from olimar, but olimar is unharmed, when olimar releases the smash it's for some reason sent at a different trajectory since the pikmin is still locked as the pikmin that will be used for the attack. in the second clip it's hard to see what happens, but the pikmin is actually launched up in the air like a rocket, almost higher than wario is sent flying. I have... no idea why the pikmin would be boosted to go this high or fast, but i plan to do a lot of tests on the matter, since i'm pretty much done with my pluck chart. Right now it looks like something that's only situational. But we'll never know if it's something that can be applied or not until we figure out the pikmin mechanics as much as possible.

edit: i just tested it with FSmashes and i was right. TL's boomerang knocks the pikmin back and the pikmin is sent horizontally above olimar. also works with his bow hitting the USmash.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
edit: i just tested it with FSmashes and i was right. TL's boomerang knocks the pikmin back and the pikmin is sent horizontally above olimar. also works with his bow hitting the USmash.
double possssstttt

does that mean we can use this against people who camp? like wolf, falco with lasers and mario/luigi with fireballs?

Sudai

Stuff here
I don't really see why using it would be too effective versus campers unless Olimar somehow gains free motion during this. From what I can tell, the pikmen would move back with all of the mentioned projectiles and thus actually have less reach than normal. :/

IcyLight

Smash Lord
I don't really see why using it would be too effective versus campers unless Olimar somehow gains free motion during this. From what I can tell, the pikmen would move back with all of the mentioned projectiles and thus actually have less reach than normal. :/
i was sort of imagining it being a super f-smash and flying far forwards like the u-smash goes up

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
I've seen a similar thing like that, its pretty interesting because it happened to me a few times. Its like the Pikmin acted on their own even though they got hit, Pikmin seem to have an auto attacking feature if one would say. Or that its a glitch...

Sudai

Stuff here
i was sort of imagining it being a super f-smash and flying far forwards like the u-smash goes up
Falco + Lucario Super USmash: Falco hits the Pikmen with a Sour Spotted DAir which would send a normal character up and to the left, which is what the pikmen did.

Wario Super USmash: Wario's DAir pulls a character upwards before the final hit and if Wario gets interrupted, the character caught in the DAir would be pulled at a similar trajectory that the pikmen followed.

TLink + Wario Super USmash: Once again, the pikmen followed the expected path that would happen when hit by TLink's boomerang.

From what I can tell, it doesn't increase the distance the pikmen will go, only change its starting location based on the trajectory a normal character would follow for each hitbox. :/

I could be (and am really hoping) that I'm wrong. Don't have a way to test it right now though..someone thought it'd be fun to steal my brawl disc. :(

Olimarman

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure this is has the same reasoning of that of the recently posted fsmash glitch and the ever popular usmash glitch. When Olimar's pokemons get hit at the right spot in the right frames, it just causes it to move. In reality, it seems useless since its out of your control, but who knows.

With all these glitches happening though, I feel that one day, we will be able to control pixmans just like the ice climbers, just x3.5. Imagine that haha.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
so far from what I've tested, Sudai is mostly correct. With the FSmash the pikmin will be knocked back a bit and above olimar. So unless the opponent hits the pikmin and then keeps rushing forward (or jumps?) the pikmin likely wont hit him. The USmash is even less often to happen, as the pikmin isnt even sent toward the direction of the opponent, but is still launched FROM behind olimar, upwards. I havent had a chance to test whether the pikmin is 'boosted' for the USmash or not, but i would imagine that it would only be launched as an original USmash from wherever the pikmin is, in the air, when the smash is released. Sorta like the Piranha Plant Glitch at Picto Chat.

Kaos_Olimar

Smash Cadet
icic,......welll im happy to provide more vids f i can make it happen again....maybe this weekend
well....i hope it becomes a good AT for something...like Doubles...

Kaos_Olimar

Smash Cadet
hold on Sudai....so your saying that for the few frames that it happens, the pikmin acts as almost a human character? but just using the upsmash? hmmm...i needa make it happen more to get more evidence so u guyscan break itdown....manipulate it =]]

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm not saying it acts as a human controlled character because from what I can tell, it's already locked into the smash, but it does seem to have similar knock back trajectories that a character would take

Thanks for confirming my other theories Hilt. : )

Kaos_Olimar

Smash Cadet
mhmmmm....welll ik but the prpose isnt to show how i play olimar...its to show theglitch....and yea ima try to find out more oddities about olimar this weekend...i find these things happen to me all the time so might as well make use of it for studying..i sill have my hopes up tho about this becoming a new AT...

asob4

Smash Champion
olimar doesn't have AT's
the closest thing to an AT is the tether stuff

AT implies you need tech skill to do it >.>

Kaos_Olimar

Smash Cadet
yea i guess....then what would it be then skank? and maybe u should practice this...maybe could come in handy in doubles...

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Lol at Toon Link being gay. Olimar is one of his hardest matchups, so you shouldn't mind that much. Anyway, LINK is gay and TL is not. He has had girlfriends, while Link always rescues the princess and makes no move at all. He doesn't even talk to her...

Dyyne

Smash Ace
olimar doesn't have AT's
the closest thing to an AT is the tether stuff

AT implies you need tech skill to do it >.>
That depends on your definition of tech skill. All of these terms are so loosely defined, it's hard to say what is countable as a "tech" or "glitch" or anything of the sorts.

asob4

Smash Champion
how do you practice getting your pikmin hit for something random that might not even happen?

it implies you can do it freely whenever you want and isn't dependent on your opponent/other person

this is a glitch that could be interesting if you somehow figure out how to replicate it with a partner
i don't play oli in doubles unless i team with meow lol

Dyyne

Smash Ace
By the way hilt is posting, it seems like he is able to replicate it with relative ease, it is actually getting the pikmin to hit others that is difficult. I may be misreading his posts, however.
If it is replicatable, then one could practice it by just improving reactions and timing. I mean, how do you practice applying wavedashing for simply dodging an attack that is random and may not even happen? You watch for startup frames, and you predict it while applying proper spacing. Just like this, assuming it is replicatable.....that said, I actually feel it's pretty friggin useless lmao

Kaos_Olimar

Smash Cadet
lol...well no i dont practice it. haha it just happens...but if i did start...maybe we could apply it for doubles....

Sudai

Stuff here
The only real use I could see for this, even in doubles, is when teaming with a Game And Watch. USmash on a platform and the GnW UAirs the pikmen as it rises means super high USmash. Same for FSmash potentially.

Any other attacks that could propel your pikmen forward would hit Olimar and cause him to be interrupted.

I guess it could be used as a surprise back attack though. Charge FSmash > Teammate hits it behind you > BAM!

Top Bottom