• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar glitchhhhhh

Dyyne

Smash Ace
The only real use I could see for this, even in doubles, is when teaming with a Game And Watch. USmash on a platform and the GnW UAirs the pikmen as it rises means super high USmash. Same for FSmash potentially.
That actually sounds very interesting. Could someone verify this, and check if it does work, and it keeps the hitbox?

Oreo/JetX smash bros.

Smash Apprentice
its kinda funny that I'm the one getting hit all the time LOL I'm the Faldo/wario player and when the glitch happens I have no clue of what just happened but I'm willing to help Kaos out even though I don't play olimar haha :)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
replicating it is extremely easy. Applying it in a 1v1 fight is what i'm trying to figure out how to do.

Here's the thing. The pikmin doesnt work as a sheild. The pikmin is BARELY in front of olimar, and if it's not spaced right, olimar will be hit as well. So for one, it's entirely difficult to space. Also, if the attack isnt going to hit you anyways, it'd be better to just take advantage of your opponent getting outspaced.

So I tried a few thing. These WOULD be the most practical ways to apply this. Pikachu's skull bash stops when hitting anything, including pikmin, so charging a FSmash WILL sheild olimar. However, unless the pikachu DOESNT charge the skull bash it'll kill the pikmin. And an uncharged skull bash will kill everything but a purple pikmin. however, testing it more, I couldnt get the pikmin to land right to be released from the right position to hit pikachu after his lag. Ike and Luigi both have an attack that work the same way, but they both will hit olimar as well as the pikmin (Luigi's actually doesnt hit the pikmin lol).

Here's what I want to do, but i'm gonna need a second player that knows how to play peach well. I'll be at a smashfest this weekend so i'll have rowan help me out. I want to see if Peach's Dair can be made to hit a charged pikmin before it hits olimar. This will cause the pikmin to be boosted into the air, come back and hit peach. However, olimar WILL get hit by the DAir most likely, so it'll probably be a trade but this would still be interesting.

i cant think of anywhere else to apply this. And about whether this is a Glitch or AT or whatever... it's not either. It's not an AT until we can apply it. It's a part of the physics of pikmin mechanics. Until we figure out something dramatic, it wont be more than that.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
If attacks such as Falco's Dair, Wario's Dair, and Tink's boomerang trigger the Pikmin Rocket, couldn't it be used as some sort of psuedo-counter? Imagine doing this to a Ganondorf spamming autocancled Dair's, or a Wario that keeps poking in and out with attacks. And don't forget the MMGS potential of reverse Pikmin Rockets (You performed an incredibly, fast, ranged, glitched and powerful attack and missed!? Hmmm. There's treachery afoot!)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
As i said in my last post there's two things that are needed for it to work.

1: The attack CANT kill the pikmin. Obviously. So ganon's DAir is out of the question.

2: Olimar cant get hit from the attack. So the olimar player has to be amazing at spacing himself and know the exact range of an attack that his opponent hasnt done yet, from an exact position that they may or may not be in.

And even if these criteria are met, it's still extremely hard to hit the opponent with the pikmin afterwards. Unless my idea with peach's dair works, i dont think THIS will be applied in 1v1, HOWEVER, it may bring us one step closer to figuring out some game breakig AT for olimar.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Huh, well we gathered all of this besides the alternate trajectory.
Great job. I thought it would only go on a solid up-down left-right path. I had no idea about the diagonal momentum boosts minus stuff moving it.

It's ground breaking, but eh... We need to find more into it. o.o
Great job gathering replays too. :3

Now if only we found out how to jerk this about for 1v1.
Ah.. minus air boxes.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i think it goes in a diagonal trajectory only because it still has the momentum from being hit by the attack. Sort of like how when a character at high percentages gets attacked. They can still jump, but while jumping they're still flying to the side.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
i think it goes in a diagonal trajectory only because it still has the momentum from being hit by the attack. Sort of like how when a character at high percentages gets attacked. They can still jump, but while jumping they're still flying to the side.
That looks obvious, same with wind boxes and anything that doesn't kill.
It's like how Zelda can do a rising nair to carry Olimar. :U

Of course, the diagonal part is NOT something I knew and in that way, a bunch of people probably didn't know. :D

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
actually, olimar CAN be hit and still do the weird smash, no joke, i got an old replay of getting hit by a sheik dash while in middle of upsmash sending the upsmash at weird trajectory while i got hit( took the damage but no knockback...i believe thats how it happened anyway, its hard to explain)

edit: also, there are a few tests we should really do to see more about this desynch and how we can exploit it

test one: have olimar throw a pikmin across a stage then have an mk dsmash the seperate pikmin(make sure the line only has that one) without hitting then try upsmashing immediately, see if you can tele-smash

test two: (requires ninja spacing) have oli charge and fsmash and mk hits just the pikmin while charging the fsmash then release and see if that does something

test three: latch an mk with a pikmin, have him do one jab then quickly try to see if you can upsmash, if this works btw try doing it with two and seeing what happens

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
actually, olimar CAN be hit and still do the weird smash, no joke, i got an old replay of getting hit by a sheik dash while in middle of upsmash sending the upsmash at weird trajectory while i got hit( took the damage but no knockback...i believe thats how it happened anyway, its hard to explain)

You need to release the smash before being hit.
Otherwise, it interupts YOUR attack.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I meant recreating what happened there, examining the frames and the hitboxes, then test it out with different characters, pikmin, etc.
recreating it with different characters/pikmin is extremely easy. I'm currently trying it out with different opponents/attacks, but havent found a way to apply it yet in a 1v1 battle.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Alright, tested it with the only attack left that could possibly work with an FSmash, Peach's DAir, while floating. If it's a purple pikmin, the pikmin doesnt get knocked high enough to return the hit to peach. If it's any other color, it gets knocked far too high upwards.

So as a final verdict, there is NO way to apply Pikmin Rocketing, from the FSmash, and ESPECIALLY not the USmash (unless for some flashing 2v2 combo). So i'm going to drop trying to draw anything from this. It's a part of Pikmin Physics that we still dont entirely understand. Nothing else is going to come from this, sadly.

well i'm disappointed lol

Llumys

Smash Champion
:(

I have a quick question that could effect Pikmin rocketing in Brawl+. Although I don't play Brawl+, wouldn't the Pikmin physics be heavier too? I'm wondering if this would effect their trajectory.

Top Bottom