• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMURF, NASTY, & FURY PRESENT: BATTLE ROYALE EASTER SMASH!! W. READING, PA. APRIL 11th

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
The King's Court Presents: Battle Royale Easter Smash!!!

West Reading, PA 19611

Date: April 11, 2009

Contact info: Franco aka Fury: (570) 236-2915 AIM: FuryofI000suns
Dexta aka $murf: (646) 326-4753 AIM: Dextasmurf
Adam aka Nasty: (484) 515-9140 AIM: Takerfan619

Starts at 11:30am
Doubles start at 12:30pm

Starts at 2:00pm
Singles start between 2:30-3:00pm

Entry Fees:
Venue: $10
Doubles: $10 per team
Singles: $10
Discount: $3 off venue fee if you bring a tv and wii

Rules:
- 3 Stock
- 8 min. time limit
- No Items
- Double Elimination
- DDD's standing chaingrabs are banned. DDD MUST do a dash inbetween chaingrabs
- Mk's Infinite cape is BANNED
- First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. (Disputes settled by Rock-Paper-Scissors). The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
- If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
- If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD, the person who initiated the attack wins. IF the victory is shown that the person who was swallowed won, then the win goes to them bc they broke out of the swallow.
- IC's Infinite is banned
- Marth's infinite on Lucas and Ness is banned
- If there is a dispute over controller ports then the two will rock paper scissors (best of 3) to determine who will be in which port.
- Best of 3. Losers and winners finals of both, doubles and singles, will be best of 5.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- Stalling is banned. Call a TO over if there is a dispute (Smurf, Nasty, or Fury)

Payout

Singles

1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd- 10%

Doubles

1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd- 10%

Stages:

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Lylat

Counter Picks:
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise
Luigi's Mansion (Teams only)

Pictures of the Venue
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u94/takerfan619/Battle%20Royale/

TV list~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Wii List
Smurf~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Smurf
Nasty (2)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Phil
Fury (3)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Fury
Edge~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Edge
Dak~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Def
Planeterium(3)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ HiME
Patt~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Eway
Camalange ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Al-B
Grape **** ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Grape ****
Sick(2)(?)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sick(?)
Javi(?)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mike
Keen~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Keen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Evan(?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Xzax(?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rogue Pit(?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Camalange

Attendees (give or take a few)
So far: 56

Fury
Nasty
Smurf
Rogue Pit
Truth
Umbra
Pav
Slim
Mav
Rush
.Com
Vex Kasrani
Camalange
Plank
Bryan
Waffles (Fishy)
Phase
Rev
Wrek
Javier
Edge
Uncle gene
Kadiev
Grape ****
Phillyrider
Lawz
Tantalus
B.E.B
Allin
4nace
Squall
MIB
Xzax (Sgt. Pit??? lolz)
Famous
Colaya
TGPAdmin
BScrage3
T1M
TUSM
L3xisvex
PLK
Duckypwns
Matt L
Starz
Halo
Link?
Dak
HiME
Ak
Skunk
Shane
AndyG
Keen
G-Regulate
Damon
Erney

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
whats this!? a tourney halfway between philly and north pa? could it be true? do i want to go? hell yes.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'd show up if the guys who posted the tournament knew how to spell... Since they don't, I probably won't be there. SCRUBS!

J/K, I will be there!!! (I'm going to be the literate host handling the money so don't worry guys, it's a legit tourney... lol)

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
haha fury, all of the mistakes and mispellings are fixed.. that was all smurf btw. :-P

chibo, can't wait to see you here. same for you pav and umbra and everyone else... ahhh i'm so excited!

edit: lol umbra.. too funny

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I might be able to come to this :D

:093:

12 Pack

Smash Apprentice
I will probably drive to this. but the counter picks should get revised. According to Chibo, Norfair and japes are banned by the smash back room.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Dude I am going to this either way. But like Japes, and Norfair need to be taken off. No I am not biased because actually Olimar ***** on Norfair, theyr'e just bad stages.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
umbra, let's see if we can get Kruton to drive to this lol. if i make it, who wants to team with a crazy Diddy/Olimar/Snake/Falco/Luigi/Falcon/Wario/Toon Link/random button player?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
as of now both stages are still allowed by the sbr. i think we might be revoting on norfair. im personally taking off norfair at my tourneys from here on out (brawl, not brawl+) but im leaving japes on.

12 Pack

Smash Apprentice
Yah jungle japes isn't terrible except for random deaths by the clap trap. But Norfair is an abomination of a stage. Whoever designed that stage is ******** imo lol.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how norfair or jungle japes are any gayer than rainbow cruise for some characters... That's the whole point of a counterpick... But whatever, I don't care - they're not my counterpicks lol

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Ok so you start off at 0 on Japes against a falco. He chain grabs to spike, you hit a klap trap, and you're down a stock. Sound fair to you? It's a completely horrible stage, with the highest celing in the game, and a automatic KO machine that comes around in the water every ten seconds on the seven.

on Norfair play Chibo or something. I shouldn't have to do too much convincing to get Norfair taken off it's a gay stage that: a) makes tournaments run longer(something you guys should keep in mind) because it promotes camping.
b) has taken more stocks than M2K (probably) because of the lava pillars that have wierd hitboxes and delpete shields faster than Marth.

Neither are good stages, and should be taken off all stage lists from hence forth. I dare someone to try to debate this against me. :D

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
norfair is bad for camping and MK downBing between the ledges. thats it. the lava flow isnt bad. but norfair favors campy characters like MK to an unfair advantage and obliterates some characters bad with ledges like peach and ike to where they are unusable.

i still havnt been convinced about japes. that stages is still fine to me. dont complain about the high ceiling. thats a legitimate part of a CP stage. as for the klap trap, compare it to melee. melee's trap kills earlier than brawl (melee it kills at 0, it wont kill till like 25-30 in brawl). in melee it comes at random times (could be 15 sec, could be 4 sec). in brawl it always comes every 10 seconds. the stage was fine in melee and no one complained. as for CG'ing, it doesnt happen too often. you have to time it perfectly to get to the edge at the right time. its not destructive and it wont (and shoudlnt) happen too often. or you can chill on the side platforms till ur at 40 or so percent, then u dont have to deal with it anymore. iv used japes at a ton of my tourneys lately and have yet to see a set determined by it.

take out norfair, keep japes.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
Ok, Smurf, Nasty, and I deliberated and we decided that Norfair is gone and Japes stays. It will be updated shortly.

Phase

Smash Apprentice
You guys should put the location in the thread title, it might catch a few more eyes. Id like to try and come to this... i need to find out how far it is.

BryanTheEdgeHog

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm Bryan (The King of Penn State Berks Smash Ladder), and I'm just posting a quick message welcoming all newcomers to our Tournament. I'll be teaming with Smurf so good luck to all of you in doubles.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
*points above* johns. You play a falco ban it.
With Norfair, the lava doesn't even deplete the shield that much, you just hold it too long because your unaware when it's going to hit. Grab the ledge, there are 6. But whatever what's done is done. I have no idea how I'm going to get there. Also isn't this on another tourney's day? When is Hobo and Apex?

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Well i hope HOBO isn't April 11th.

I also updated the stage list. Chibo has a good point and we did take a vote. The vote went 2 to 1 to ban norfair and keep japes. We also disputed keeping norfair on for doubles bc you can't really camp too badly in doulbes but again, norfair lost. I know we can't please everyone but i feel that this will please the majority of people.

~Nasty~

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
April is such a bad month for me :(.

I'll see if people from my school can make an appearance.
sweet.. the more the better.

on another note- I don't see us changing the date of this tourney. HOBO is in TX and from April 10th-13th. We feel that it's still good to host this tourney because whoever can't make it to HOBO can make it to ours :)

Dotcom

Smash Lord
The only people who are going to HOBO aern't from PA.
Well It doesn't really matter about Japes, just gonna end up ****** someone there anyway :/

Since Olimar's Luigi's is legal in teams, who wants to team with an Olimar?

Top Bottom