• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fiction's Trixies (3/1/09 UPDATE: THE NEW WAVESHINE MUST READ)

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
UPDATE: 3/1/09

I have just discovered an extremely technical, perhaps wario-breaking technique. Its about the equivalent of waveshining in melee. You need the big tire to do this. It combines the tire combos along with an airdodge cancelled tire throw (cancel the first few frames of an airdodge with a c sticked tire throw). SH above an opponent and c stick a down throw, QUICKLY airdodge and cancel it with another dthrow while fast falling. This puts the opponent in a comboed position in front of you with the tire on the ground right next to you. Quickly perform another SH airdodge while moving forward and dthrow another tire. This takes a large amount of practice, but it can be followed up into pretty much anything, and I believe it will be a huge addition to wario's game (SH dthrow, airdodge dthrow f smash is around 39 percent :D)

1. Wall "infinites"
-Against larger characters, such as DDD, dthrow in cramped areas (try it in the middle area of the fire area of Pokestadium 1, the campy area lol) and he'll appear back in front of you, allowing you to chaingrab him against the wall. I haven't looked into all locations or percents, but I know it also works in the tree on the one stage....

-This is actually an infinite, but I don't know which characters it works on. It is garunteed on Falco, but as of now, that is it. Break your bike, get falco up against a wall, and grab a tire (i like the big one). Walk up to him and press down c stick, bouncing the wheel off of him. quickly tap A to regrab the tire and then dthrow it again. Like I said, it works, but it needs testing

2. Drowning
-A just-recently-discovered phenomenon of mine. It would seem that wario can actually drown other characters when they hit the water. When someone is in the water/you bite them and fall into water, they will usually break on the surface of the water, HOWEVER, for reasons I have not yet figured out, sometimes they break UNDER the water(think grab release from the edge where they just fall) and float back up, right into another bite. Since technically you can jump out of the water for short periods of time while they are under the water, your opponent would drown in the water first. This could evolve into an extremely useful technique on stages like DELFINO where knocking someone into the water would mean death, or JUNGLE JAPES where you could carry someone across the entire stage in the water only to hop out at the end and save yourself.

Coming next time: Edge cancelled bike dropping into self techchase, bike edgehog, bike airwalk!

I would also appreciate it VERY MUCH if someone could tell me how you wipe out a bike every time. I've practice it a ton and it almost seems random (yes I can flick the control stick hard, and I've even tried using c stick back)

bassem6

Smash Lord
Hmm, the wheel infinite seems to only work with the big wheel and its worked against all the characters i have tried it against so far...

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
I would also appreciate it VERY MUCH if someone could tell me how you wipe out a bike every time. I've practice it a ton and it almost seems random (yes I can flick the control stick hard, and I've even tried using c stick back)
I think the consensus is that it's completely random. There's no reliable way of getting off the bike other than jumping.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Maybe you should mention something about bike bouncing. How offstage, a bike can bounce multiple times, and push a character straight down.

Interesting stuff, Fiction.
This could actually become a good means of stalling on Pirate Ship, you could bite someone every time they tried to get out of the water, and they could actually either drown, or hit the end of the ship and get stage spiked. Test it.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Maybe you should mention something about bike bouncing. How offstage, a bike can bounce multiple times, and push a character straight down.

Interesting stuff, Fiction.
This could actually become a good means of stalling on Pirate Ship, you could bite someone every time they tried to get out of the water, and they could actually either drown, or hit the end of the ship and get stage spiked. Test it.
The thing is they usually break on top of the water, but there are times where they break BELOW you into the water and have to swim up. I need to figure out WHY

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The thing is they usually break on top of the water, but there are times where they break BELOW you into the water and have to swim up. I need to figure out WHY
Sweet, keep us posted if you discover anything more on the subject.

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
I'm posting it so u guys can help me test it loool.
I messed around with some of the stuff you said.

IMO, the best way to get off the bike is build a little speed then flick the control stick backwards/down. When i flicked it diagonally backwards, it seemed to be the most effective. Even then, it was kind of random.

As for the bite in water, I'm thinking it's dependent on either the other person's mashing to get out or the exact moment you fall in the water during the biting animation. It could be that when Wario chomps, you fall under the water while if he's not chomping and you're just in the mouth, then you release onto the surface.

I did test the "infinites" but it's not really an infinite because you get pushed back everytime you throw and catch the tire. Still, I was able to get like 70% just from the tire before he bounced out. I should have a video uploaded soon.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I messed around with some of the stuff you said.

IMO, the best way to get off the bike is build a little speed then flick the control stick backwards/down. When i flicked it diagonally backwards, it seemed to be the most effective. Even then, it was kind of random.

As for the bite in water, I'm thinking it's dependent on either the other person's mashing to get out or the exact moment you fall in the water during the biting animation. It could be that when Wario chomps, you fall under the water while if he's not chomping and you're just in the mouth, then you release onto the surface.

I did test the "infinites" but it's not really an infinite because you get pushed back everytime you throw and catch the tire. Still, I was able to get like 70% just from the tire before he bounced out. I should have a video uploaded soon.
Its an auto-getup on all the chars so on some characters you can walk forward and do it again. For some reason, on the wall on the fin of corneria, people are simply stuck there like a normal wall infinite 0_o)

You might be right on the chomp thing, about when hes chomping during it.....but I know theres a way to do it before they leave the water, I've done it multiple times (with witnesses lol)

drunk3ng0ldfish

Smash Cadet
...i thought i would point out that this year has no 29th.
its the first of march today.

so you have to airdodge when the tire is bouncing back up right?
since its the airdodge which picks the tire up again?

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
You can press Z to pick up tires and items without any lengthy animations.
If you can do this with z ur freaking technical lol. If you hold z for 2 long u will drop the tire again. Its easier to just press R.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
The wario shine looks like it could be very very awesome. Im going to implement this into my wario game as soon as I get to my wii lol
also maybe we should get a video of this to show how it works.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If you can do this with z ur freaking technical lol. If you hold z for 2 long u will drop the tire again. Its easier to just press R.
I don't know if I could do it for this waveshine thingy, but I use Z for my banana game as Wario, as long as they're not being thrown at me, lol.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Fft, Fiction's Trixies my ***. :p
Not if we need to test it, lolol. But I'll probably test it for the heck of it. A Wario stall could be good for DMG. ;D

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
39% seems rather meeger for the skill involved to do this tech, though. :(
No no thats an easy combo you can do that every time. The 80-90 damage combo from carrying the opponent across the stage is the hard part.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Hey, does anyone remember Wario's Dthrow infinite on MK? A good MK can sidestep the regrab, but for your average MK, you can use it to do 120 damage, then Fsmash or DACUS them, then a clap is all it takes.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Hey, does anyone remember Wario's Dthrow infinite on MK? A good MK can sidestep the regrab, but for your average MK, you can use it to do 120 damage, then Fsmash or DACUS them, then a clap is all it takes.
I think MK can just d smash you lol.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Does Meta Knight not have EIDI?
Because that could put him out of Wario's grab range. He'd probably be broken if you didn't have to turn around after a dthrow.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Wario has never had any chain throw (infinite or finite) on Meta Knight. It's a myth that started a while back, but it's extremely easy for Meta Knight to spot dodge or roll out of harm's way.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Who can he chain grab? DK, Boozer and Ganon right? I thought I saw a list somewhere =/

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Just DK ang Ganon, really. Fiction says we have a CG on Wolf and Falco, as well, but they have to be started at like 50% and buffered perfectly or something. He can't do it consistently, though XD

MrEh

Smash Hero
Who can he chain grab? DK, Boozer and Ganon right? I thought I saw a list somewhere =/
Bowser's Fortress comes out on frame 1, and it has invincibility frames. It will **** Wario if he tries to regrab him.

HOWEVER, you can use this to your advantage. Bait Bowser into using the Fortress after you Dthrow him. After you Dthrow him, jump over him and use your Waft. It works, I swear it does.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Bowser's Fortress comes out on frame 1, and it has invincibility frames. It will **** Wario if he tries to regrab him.

HOWEVER, you can use this to your advantage. Bait Bowser into using the Fortress after you Dthrow him. After you Dthrow him, jump over him and use your Waft. It works, I swear it does.
Actually our cg on bowser is the easiest chase in the whole game. Either we reach over and grab him, or we wait for the fortress and then grab.

I usually buffer a turnaround shield and then if he doesnt immediately up b i grab.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Actually our cg on bowser is the easiest chase in the whole game. Either we reach over and grab him, or we wait for the fortress and then grab.

I usually buffer a turnaround shield and then if he doesnt immediately up b i grab.
That's why I said it's easy to bait him.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You're gonna tell the bowser main that tests frames and grab releases on everything when his move's invincibility is? :p

MrEh

Smash Hero
You're gonna tell the bowser main that tests frames and grab releases on everything when his move's invincibility is? :p
I lol'ed. ^^

But yeah, the Fortress's invincibility frames comes out on frame 1-5. Hitbox comes out on frame 6. Regrab attempts will be stopped by the invincibility frames, since Wario's grab will start up faster then the Fortress. Of course, it is still possible to grab Bowser, but only if you delay your grab slightly.

Like I said previously though, the Fortress is easy to bait. If you have a Waft, then use it. ^^

d4bA

Smash Cadet
Yeah umm, you do realize that if your opponent shields the tire...that it disappears right? Kinda pointless "tech" imo.

Top Bottom