• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fiction's Trixies (3/1/09 UPDATE: THE NEW WAVESHINE MUST READ)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Lol. It's not something you would use in competitive play. Just a cool TRICKSY.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
From what I've seen. The SHDDTOSS, which is the single part of the combo, is actually a very impressive new part of the tire metagame. If you guys r too lazy to do it for yourselves....then I'll make a video sometime. Its more useful to just do Sh tire tire f smash or waft. I've figured out some pretty cool tire stuff lately so ill let u guys know...

EDIT: Carrying your opponent across the stage with this is extremely technical and is easy to messup as well as SDIable. Its not really worth it, though its pretty cool if you are ever bored to practice something.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I've recently started to use Wario. A few of these things can become useful.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I'll try to post a vid of this, but only if I can get it down semi-consistently. I would rather have some other actual wario main try this though, seeing as I'm a melee player lol

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I'll try to post a vid of this, but only if I can get it down semi-consistently. I would rather have some other actual wario main try this though, seeing as I'm a melee player lol
lol this is more technical than melee XD

Quik17

Smash Ace
The tire tire Fsmash combo is actually really good. It's been working great in friendlies. I'll be sure to try it out next tourney I go to.

I'm not really sure about the Tire waveshine though. Seems like too much work for something you can just SDI out of.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Fiction, from what I see, you can't wipe out a bike every time, the more axel turns you do in rapid succession make it more likely, but the game isn't programmed to do instant wipeouts from what I can tell.

(It might be able to instantly wipe-out, dunno.)

drunk3ng0ldfish

Smash Cadet
I havn't actually tried it yet, so i don't know.
but after you do one round of d-throw, airdodge, d-throw; is the tire behind you after landing?
i would imagine so, but i might be completely wrong.

Wylde

Smash Cadet
yoshi diddy did you even completely read his post?

Glide toss =/= tire lock

drunk3ng0ldfish

Smash Cadet
wow. its really hard to hit with the second tire let along link in into another short hop air dodge dthrow tire.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
(SH dthrow, airdodge dthrow f smash
short hop down thro i get, when u air dodge, do u naturally pick up the big wheel again? then dthrow.. meaning u have to jump again to do it?

and the wheel really has that much hit stun?

and this is my wario back in the days when i first picked him up... 2:09 this kinda what ur talking bout? without the tire follow up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JenBw1sDoQI&feature=channel_page

who is the easiest and hardest chars to get this on, ill start form easy and work my way up. or are they all the same?

btw GREAT FIND! will be the first thing i try when i get back from school today!

BentoBox

Smash Master
yoshi diddy did you even completely read his post?

Glide toss =/= tire lock
Did you even check the video? The single naner lock doesn't use glidetossing >_>"

And I don't see how it isn't the same thing fundamentally than the naner lock in which case you SH d-throw over your opponent's head (down z), recatch and throw down again (z down z), so on and so forth. How is the tire-lock different?

^ The bigger the opponent, the more room you have for mistakes imo~ Try DDD 1rst

And yeah, for somewhat reason R catches it automatically while Z makes it drop as soon as you grab it on its way up~

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Did you even check the video? The single naner lock doesn't use glidetossing >_>"

And I don't see how it isn't the same thing fundamentally than the naner lock in which case you SH d-throw over your opponent's head (down z), recatch and throw down again (z down z), so on and so forth. How is the tire-lock different?

^ The bigger the opponent, the more room you have for mistakes imo~ Try DDD 1rst

And yeah, for somewhat reason R catches it automatically while Z makes it drop as soon as you grab it on its way up~
Using this you throw the tire twice in one shorthop as opposed to once. Thats why it is so much more technical...

@dynomite- No, you don't jump again. I'll make a video for you guys today if possible. You can cancel the airdodge's first few frames after you catch with another throw.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
dang, getting the 2nd tire to hit is hard, u have to di forward and throw down right?

and whats the best thing uve done with it?

drunk3ng0ldfish

Smash Cadet
short hop down thro i get, when u air dodge, do u naturally pick up the big wheel again? then dthrow.. meaning u have to jump again to do it?
no. you cancel the airdodge with the throw.
its timing is sort like diddy's glide toss timing it isn't that hard actually.
assuming your not trying it on anyone smaller than DK.
Pikachu is insane hard to hit with the second tire.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I would also appreciate it VERY MUCH if someone could tell me how you wipe out a bike every time. I've practice it a ton and it almost seems random (yes I can flick the control stick hard, and I've even tried using c stick back)

Does this mean the bike falling on the ground?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I would also appreciate it VERY MUCH if someone could tell me how you wipe out a bike every time. I've practice it a ton and it almost seems random (yes I can flick the control stick hard, and I've even tried using c stick back)

Does this mean the bike falling on the ground?
Do it at the edge or jump off, those are the only guaranteed ways.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
To get it out as fast as I can onstage, I take it out and instantly turn around and mash jump. If it wipes out then great. If not, it falls stationary and i can FF back to the ground.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Big tire waveshine is teh lulz. It only actually combos once, right?

To Jupz: I think (I may not be doing it right) but I think it's

1. Jump with big tire in hand.
2. Immediately dthrow
3. Airdodge to catch tire
4. Dthrow again while fastfalling
5. Follow up with something else (like Fiction, I like fsmash)
6. ????
7. Profit.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I really like that new waveshine thing.. I'll be tryin that when I get my wii back for sure.

A vid would be awesome.

Top Bottom