• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GAMEZONE Orlando, FLORIDA ( GONNA BE MELEE! )

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
We are figuring out a date as of now.
Tambien
And what do you guys think about a PKMN Tournament? (DP&P)
and BLAZBLU
but right not,
it's melee
just in discussion..

-Adrock
321-202-0169

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Ya guys..this is my stores first tournament
we need this so we can buy more tv's because we are thinking about becoming something like gigabits
yah its totally noob tournament but yeah we hope after this tournament we can start having monthlies
its pretty much a trial tournament so that if this goes well we will start having singles and doubles and a bunch of other stuff.
if any questions just call my cell at 321-202-0169
or game zone at the number listed above
feel free to call anytime

Toneh

Smash Lord
10%? i dont think alot are going to go who live far, if any. But i live pretty close and its only $5 so i prolly will lol.
If you guys have LCD TV's then plzzz use the hi-def component cables or else its really hard to play smash on them with all the lag. Play n trade didnt use em =/

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
i play smash on the tvs and they have np lag they work just fine so no worries
thanks for the tip though dude
if you are going
call the store and tell them and ask them if they want the 5 bucks now or at the door the day of the tournament

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
huh?

did all of you people forget this is the same day as florida gaming's 2nd brawl/melee tourney? And it says registration is from 12-7pm? does that mean it starts at 7pm or something?

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
well honestly we can change the date if you guys want us to
who votes for a changed date?
and isn't gigabits the week after that?
so yeah we could change it if you guys want us to

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
huh?

did all of you people forget this is the same day as florida gaming's 2nd brawl/melee tourney? And it says registration is from 12-7pm? does that mean it starts at 7pm or something?
yeah pretty much lol
want us to change the date?

I really need suggestions so i can tell my manager if you guys want us to switch it up or have a huge all day thing
but then we'd need more wii's and tvs
could someone bring in more tvs

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
well, if it starts at 7, its still possible some people could go after the florida gaming tourney.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
haha yeah
its jsut a little short tournament pretty much
were trying to see how one goes so we can buy more tv's and equipment to become something more like gigs

Toneh

Smash Lord
lol can you tell me what you mean by that?
south florida.

If you want to do it soon then next weekend could work (14th). Smash melee is that weekend at gigs but its not brawl.

or just keep the same date, since the other tourny is farther away in kissimmee and cost more ($20)

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
yeah
we're looking for people in the Orlando area
hopefully conway
we want a local thing not a huge florida thing
at least yet
and yeah this is our first tournament
if it goes well my boss is going to buy more tv's so we can host huge ones with giving 50% of the pot to the winner
and become something like gigs except not as good yet lol

Finch

Smash Lord
I would go to this just to support a new business if Florida Gaming wasn't the same day, but there's no other open dates for this month so you're kind of screwed for now.

Are normal bracket matches best of 1 or 3? because it says out of 3 for semifinals and out of 5 for finals. You should make it best of 3 for all matches except the finals.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Yeah thats the rules my bad
yeah were not trying to have this one be too big because my boss is trying to get equipment (chairs, tables, TVs, remodeling,etc.) so yeah

Moolish

Smash Rookie
I might go; this is the first tourney I've been considering in a long while.
I miiiiight be late for registration if it starts at like.. 12pm. >_>;
Maybe.
Plus, it's cheap. xD I'll definately try to go.

Noa.

Smash Master
Does the tournament start at 7? Don't you think that's a little late? People don't need THAT long of a time to sign up. Do you have a reason for starting so late?

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
I might go; this is the first tourney I've been considering in a long while.
I miiiiight be late for registration if it starts at like.. 12pm. >_>;
Maybe.
Plus, it's cheap. xD I'll definately try to go.
yeah man you should go it'll be fun
do you live around there?

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Does the tournament start at 7? Don't you think that's a little late? People don't need THAT long of a time to sign up. Do you have a reason for starting so late?
because we don't want it to last too long
and apparantly there is a huge tourney in Kissime or something that costs like 20 bucks to enter im not sure
so were just having something small that will be quick and fun
when i say 12 i mean when the store opens lol
were a video game store and were open on sat from 12 to 830
but were gonna close at 7 to have the tourney at 7
you get me?
any questions call 321-202-0169 or text
its my cell phone number

Noa.

Smash Master
because we don't want it to last too long
and apparantly there is a huge tourney in Kissime or something that costs like 20 bucks to enter im not sure
so were just having something small that will be quick and fun
when i say 12 i mean when the store opens lol
were a video game store and were open on sat from 12 to 830
but were gonna close at 7 to have the tourney at 7
you get me?
any questions call 321-202-0169 or text
its my cell phone number
Ok, makes sense. The tourney will last only two hours or less, right?

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
guess i'll go. i got nothin to do that day and i'm not going to the kissimee tourney since i don't have a partner. plus jake wants me to go. time to show you guys at gamezone my smash skills, lol.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
guess i'll go. i got nothin to do that day and i'm not going to the kissimee tourney since i don't have a partner. plus jake wants me to go. time to show you guys at gamezone my smash skills, lol.
haha RETRO!
lo, yeah bro you should go!
have anyfriends you know that would like to go?

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Adrock, you definately NEED to tell your boss that the attendance might be low because of Florida Gaming.

If he uses this attendance to judge whether or not it's worth it to hold tournaments, he is going to be disappointed.

With that being said, you should also tell him not to promise a $50 prize, because that would mean that if only 10 people showed up, he wouldn't make any money at all. Suggest that he make the prize a percent of the pot, even if it's a low percent. It will help to guarantee that he makes money.

Also, tell your boss that it's important to allow finals matches to be played on whichever TV the players want to use.

The play'n'trade tournaments don't allow people to bring CRT (tube) tv's, which makes some people mad.

He doesn't need to supply tube tv's, he just needs to allow people who brought them to use them if desired.

Other than that, good luck with your event!

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Adrock, you definately NEED to tell your boss that the attendance might be low because of Florida Gaming.

If he uses this attendance to judge whether or not it's worth it to hold tournaments, he is going to be disappointed.

With that being said, you should also tell him not to promise a $50 prize, because that would mean that if only 10 people showed up, he wouldn't make any money at all. Suggest that he make the prize a percent of the pot, even if it's a low percent. It will help to guarantee that he makes money.

Also, tell your boss that it's important to allow finals matches to be played on whichever TV the players want to use.

The play'n'trade tournaments don't allow people to bring CRT (tube) tv's, which makes some people mad.

He doesn't need to supply tube tv's, he just needs to allow people who brought them to use them if desired.

Other than that, good luck with your event!
yeah we changed it to 20% of the pot for the winner
yeah SHE isn't hopeing for too many to come
she wants it small for her to be able to buy equipment
thanks for the advice

i remember you though you had won first place in OCTRONICON's Brawl Tourney
lol you beat Zoro
but it was a good match
,aybe another time you could come to our tourneys

Top Bottom