• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duy's Awesome Basement Tournaments (Mississauga, ON)

abcduy

Smash Cadet
Duy's Awesome Basement Tournaments

Results
DABT #01
DABT #02

What?
-Play Super Smash Brothers @ Duy's Basement.
-Friendlies + $10 Tourney ($7 Entry, $3 Venue Fee)

Plan

Where?
Duy's Basement
1051 Dream Crest Road
Mississauga, Ontario, L5V1N5

Major Intersection Terry Fox/Eglington
Google MAP

Bus Direction
-From Square One, Take bus 68, that will take you to Terryfox/Dream Crest and just walk for 1 min.

Who?
-Reply to this post or talk to me on msn.
-Duy (5 TV) + maybe 1 tv (Joe)
-5 wiis, more setups

My msn: duy_luong@hotmail.com

List
1. Duy (5 tvs + 1 wii)
2. Dimmy
3. Mikey
4. Anth0ny
5. Hype (1 wii)
6. Nickcam
7. Wendel
8. Carter
9. Toronto Joe (1 wii + maybe TV)
10. Zeph
11. Danny (Maybe)
12. Ambrose (1 wii)
13. Ryan_Fw
14. Yuki (Maybe)
15. Dan
16. Yuki (Maybe)
17. 5iv3 (Maybe)
18. MarikYoshi (1 wii)
19. lkp4 (Maybe)
20. PoisonMist (Maybe)
21. Shifu
22. Bug (Maybe)
23. JvaN (Possibly a wii)
24. JvaN's Friend
25. Fool (Maybe a wii)

Rules

* 3 Stock
* 8 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* STANDING INFINITES ARE BANNED
This includes DDD's standing CG on the 5 characters (Mario/Luigi/Samus/DK/Bowser) and Marth's CG on Ness/Lucas.
Out of sportsmanship, we encourage you not to use DDD's "walking infinites" on Bowser or DK
You can still:
-CG regularly, any CG where you move forward actually, except the one I mentionned above.
-Hit someone out of a grab release, such as Marth's grab > fsmash on Ness/Lucas
-Use IC chaingrabs, since you actually can mess those up, they're harder to regulate, etc.
-Yoshi's CG on Wario. Yoshi needs to move, you can't just spam gram, and it doesn't work if there's a platform above, so wario just needs use stage striking for Yoshi's or Smashville or anything that's not final D. Also, the matchup is still closer to even than, say, Marth VS Ness. Still winnable for wario.
-Standing CGs that are escapable eventually, ie. Pika on Fox.
-Wall infinite. None of the stages I'm allowing have permanent walls in them.
-Anything really just not the ones I specified

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Neutral Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

WE ARE USING THE STAGE STRIKE SYSTEM

Neutral
Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Yoshi's Island

Counter
Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon
Halberd, Jungle Japes, Pokémon Stadium 1, Rainbow Cruise

abcduy

Smash Cadet
im waiting on the crew battle videos.
it was the best come back ever in history. lol

oh, also i need more wii.
who can bring one?

nickcam

Smash Ace
Im probably bringing one more person along with me. Just confirm him as nickcam's friend lol

KingAce

Smash Ace
nvm unconfirm me i cant come anymore gotta get money b4 i go to montreal for a week :p

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol im gonna goto pownz on saturday ;)
i got too much stuff to do this friday lmao

Carbonated

Smash Cadet
And where would "your basement" be. I can't make it if its more than a half hour drive >_<

Not getting any tourney experiment, wish I had a drivers license.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
for everyone asking Duy's place is near eglington and mavis which is prolly about a 40-50 minute drive for you if your from vaughn sorry carbonated.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
lol I just noticed that the address isn't in the first post.

Does anyone know what it is? Someone at least PM me it.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
imo if this works out well we should turn this into bi-weeklies

nickcam

Smash Ace
DUY what time does this thing actually start because me and my friend wont be able til get there til like 6:00 =(

nickcam

Smash Ace
Need more wiis people. Theres a good chance that there will be only 3 wiis because one of the people who said they'd bring a wii (not me) probably cant make it. Anybody who is already coming and can bring a wii plz do so because there no way this can run with 3 wiis

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Need more wiis people. Theres a good chance that there will be only 3 wiis because one of the people who said they'd bring a wii (not me) probably cant make it. Anybody who is already coming and can bring a wii plz do so because there no way this can run with 3 wiis
How many tvs are there? I can't imagine there being more tvs then Wii+brawl setups.

I'd bring mine, but it has laser problems and would be a hassle at a tournament.

nickcam

Smash Ace
How many tvs are there? I can't imagine there being more tvs then Wii+brawl setups.

I'd bring mine, but it has laser problems and would be a hassle at a tournament.
There are more tv's then wiis right now. 6 TV's and only 3 wiis. If anyone wants this to run smoothly people are gonna have to bring wii's. If ur coming you most likely have a wii so please we need atleast 2 more

abcduy

Smash Cadet
cool, hype that will be great.

anthony, we can use your wii for friendlies if its that bad.
more setup, more fun, and more practice we get.

Top Bottom