• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory is My Destiny - MK Video and Critique Thread

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
The MK Video​

Critique Thread

Post videos of your MK here and get critiques. Simple as that.

Rules:

1) Stay on topic.

Don't break off into a random tangent, like Magic the Gathering or something. Just stick to critiquing.​

2) Try to keep the number of videos you post less than 3 at a time.

More than 3 will probably be more than most people will be willing to watch.​
Don't overwhelm us. :)
If you just want to post lots of your videos and aren't looking for critiques, please post them in the MK Video Thread instead of here.​

3) Make who's MK you're critiquing clear.

To avoid confusion, please note who you are critiquing at the beginning of your critique post. With lots of videos being posted in here, this is very necessary. Don't forget!!​

4) Avoid posting videos of Wifi matches.

Input delay and lag makes judging people off Wifi matches a bad idea. Offline videos only please.​

5) Avoid posting videos of matches against CPUs.

CPUs don't play like humans, which makes critiquing you difficult. Stick to posting matches against other people.​

6) Do not post vids here that are more than 1 month old.

Critiquing old vids is pointless. Post recent vids so we can see what you currently need work on.​

Have Fun!
:)

Last edited:

Babar-Thorbald

Smash Apprentice
Then, I'll start with my mk. I know I already posted these videos, but since nobody criticised me, and since it wasn't in a critique thread, I'll post them again:

vs. Marth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4NWokRMG-M&feature=related

vs. ZSS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sJi-YigJ70&feature=related

Since I made a bunch of mistakes, and I'm sure I made things wrong, but I don't exactly know what, I'd like to be told is what you guys think I screwed at.
(I knew I was way too predictible against zss, but I didn't, and I do not know yet the matchup well, I played campy as hell... Without good results :s).

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
@Babar

Don't roll as much. It's hella easy to predict (the Marth was punishing you with fair out of your roll a lot). Also, I don't know if you just don't like the move, but I didn't see you use nair much at all. It has high priority, hits multiple times and has pretty decent knock-back. It's a nice alternative if you're trying to save your other "GTFO" moves (ie. d-smash).

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
babar you need to cover your meta knight's body better with his sword and learn to press the advantage. you let the marth take control too easily by just running away even though you have a much better aggro game. you also used like 0 ftilt.

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
My vids

Ok this is perfect thanks for making this Affinity.

I didn't really get my MK critiqued only got like 2 comments and most of them were common things so here we go again:

PowaStar (Dark MetaKnight) v.s. Typ Ex (Blue MetaKnight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruk7XYecm2s

PowaStar(MetaKnight) v.s. Blueboy(Kirby)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXTn5q8xsqw

Also can these be added onto the video thread I would appreciate it if you can thank you.

I dont know what I am doing wrong been asking for help alot but keep getting bashed for using MK:ohwell:....

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Then, I'll start with my mk. I know I already posted these videos, but since nobody criticised me, and since it wasn't in a critique thread, I'll post them again:

vs. Marth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4NWokRMG-M&feature=related

vs. ZSS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sJi-YigJ70&feature=related

Since I made a bunch of mistakes, and I'm sure I made things wrong, but I don't exactly know what, I'd like to be told is what you guys think I screwed at.
(I knew I was way too predictable against zss, but I didn't, and I do not know yet the matchup well, I played campy as hell... Without good results :s).
LOL. that was the most spamming i have ever seen from zss. take advantage of that. just throwing out forward bs and d smashes will not win her matches. just running power shield the forward b then run in for a punish while she is vulnerable.
you did say you didn't know how to fight her though, so it's alright... just know that camping isn't as effective as being aggro in that matchup actually. she cannot fight you well when you are right in her face. run in at her, avoiding forward bs.. then just use your tilts and grabs. you can edgeguard her effectively once you realize patterns in her recovery. when she does the down b you can nair her right before her down b attack comes out. it's dangerous though cuz you can get spiked if you don't do it perfectly. also. when she does dash attack to jab combo... you can shield grab in between the 2nd and 3rd jabs reallllyyy easily. so just shield grab b throw to get her out of your face when she is pressuring you like that lol.

Babar-Thorbald

Smash Apprentice
Thanks guys for pointing out my mistakes, and special thanks to shadow, for your matchups advices.
I've watched my vids against him for a few times, and I already noticed that dash+shield worked well when I used, but I didn't know about the other advices you gave me. I hope I'll fight him at my next tournament, in order to try this in an actual fight.

Babar-Thorbald

Smash Apprentice
Please critique me. This was my first time I used him competitively. I was also playing defensively.:

vs. Ganondorf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ6Y4nHQckk
Excuse me to ask you that, but have you got some offline vids?

Powastar (only watched the ditto)==> WAY TOO MUCH GLIDING!!!
Luckily, it seems that your oponnent didn't know how to punish it well, but you should have been punished more than 10 times only for gliding.
And don't alway use upB when trying to go back to stage, you were really predictible.
(try the dimensional cape as a recovery too).

meta--knight

Smash Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqIK0yOddrc

There is the most epic match bwetween the two top tiers meta knight and snake :D Who will win?

Please note this video is not mine....wait a sec does the video have to be yours?Sorry im new to this thread.

Please critique me,thank you this is offline dont worry.

Aiko

Smash Champion
wait... how are we supposed to critique you if its not you playing? The point of the thread is to post up your own videos so people can help you improve. Whilst there's nothing wrong with going through analysis of games, it contradicts the point of this thread.

meta--knight

Smash Rookie
wait... how are we supposed to critique you if its not you playing? The point of the thread is to post up your own videos so people can help you improve. Whilst there's nothing wrong with going through analysis of games, it contradicts the point of this thread.

.....WATEVER WATEVER!!!

LOL,well I cant record the matches or anything so yeah...I dont have a capture card.....I was bored......GET OFF MY BACK :chuckle:

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Ok ill post mine as well, i always knew i wasnt a great metaknight but i could always rely on metaknights brokeness to help me win some games, but lately i have been winning less and less with metaknight so please help me out.

vs Snake
vs Marth

Browny

Smash Hater
I spose i could put this here then...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEWlHYicUsQ
Me vs my brothers DK/Snake (had to SD to keep below 3 mins)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbsi-RX_eaA#t=2m21s
vs his olimar (2nd match, link will automatcially take you to 2:21)

Besides the obvious mistakes (like not finishing the dair chain offstage on snake and screwing up the edgehog on olimar) I know some things I should work on are recovering with side-b a lot more often and more nairs.

However i do have a question about dtilt. at 0:45 in the first match vs his DK I did a dtilt and went for a grab (although slightly delayed) there was no way I could have been able to do anything to beat DK's downtilt since DK didnt trip. How should you use dtilt vs characters that outrange you when there is the risk of them not tripping and theyre packing something like a snake utilt? Is there a range the dtilt must hit from to be able to follow up with an attack? in the olimar vid youll see i was quite confident with dtilt to grab since i didnt hit with the max range of dtilt, but vs snake, my second death was due to me being hesitant about following up on the dtilt. I thought snake was too far away that if i chased him straight away i would just get utilted. Obviously this wouldnt have happened since snake tripped, but dtilt doesnt always trip >_>

lol i hope thats not too confusing for someone to answer.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I need help with the ICs matchup. I play with the two best IC players out there IMO, lain and Ambrose, quite often. I finally got some vids up of Ambrose vs. myself. Super awesome custom textures included.

Anth0ny (MK) vs. Ambrose (ICs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yEoWfgzlsE&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtVRqKfi5b8&feature=channel

Also, MK dittos!

Anthony (MK-ANTH) vs. Ambrose (MK-BROSE)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUTtm86JOaI&feature=channel lolz ensue at the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNOLw-7XojQ&feature=channel ouch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX_0T7gjL88&feature=channel way too close

Help is appreciated.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Hello. I'm a long, long time Jigglypuff main (since SSB64) but I can't stand how she is at such a disadvantage for some stages and matchups so I picked up Metaknight because of his similar playstyle.

I still have the Jigglypuff mentality when playing as Metaknight, and I forget that d-tilt and f-tilt are very viable. Maybe I should switch my color to remind me I'm not playing as her anymore lol. (But I love pink, and yea I'm a girl so it's cool. xD)

against Lucas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzUY2F7GnPY&feature=channel_page

^ I didn't know d-smash can hit me while planking, and I made some really sloppy mistakes. I did awful with the nado. Be sure to read the vid description.

against Ganondorf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR7vrtJ_2vI&feature=channel_page

I wanted to give Ganondorf a head start because I know how badly MK wrecks him, but then he footstooled me... :(

thanks please tell me what im doing right and wrong.

EDIT: These were wifi matches, I overlooked the rules and posting wifi matches is just as bad as posting pr0n. I apologize and please disregard this post.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
SNO: Please read the rules in the OP before posting vids.
D: what did I do wrong? Christ everytime I post in this forum my topic either gets locked or I get ****** at.:urg:

EDIT: Oh, wifi matches are a no no.

My bad. :/

nevershootme

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLNkb2BkIfc (vs Snake)

This match of mine shows how much i've stepped up my techniques in using MK, but I feel like I'm missing something that I can't find in honing my techniques into **** level (not to mention scouting new talent in the Miami, FL smash scene, but the player i faced had major potential in future tournaments)

critiques and other methods to win?

edit: i guess this thread seems to just die so fast

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I'm just wondering if I can get my MK critiqued. I would've provided more videos, but the disc reader on my Wii isn't working and I only managed to tape 1 replay before it stopped working...:( It was also the reason why I had to mute the video because I couldn't redo the replay again due to technical issues with my Wii... >_>

Anyway, here's my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTvhsUCa9Jg

I don't care how harsh your opinions/suggestions are, I know that I'm not playing MK right and I would like some help on how I can improve my game with him. So any suggestions on how I could use him better are greatly appreciated! :)

My overall review of my play style (IMO): I know I'm supposed to use the Uair to cancel air momentum, however, my fingers haven't adjusted to MK's method yet as most of the character's I use require Fair to do so. I'll get this eventually. I also think I spam rolls too much. However, I'm still trying to get over that habit too. Also, once I get knocked off the stage or if my damage % is high, I feel the need to stay at the center of the stage at all times. So, I completely disregard my opponent and do anything I can to get around them. That often results me with a stock loss or getting knocked back out again. However, I'm not quite too sure how I should deal with that...:ohwell:

Thanks for any replies/suggestions. Again, any kind of help I can get is greatly appreciated! :)

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I'm kinda suprised about the lack of MK critiques there are in this thread! O_O I'm not much of a critique, but I'll assess you to the best of my ability by dissecting small errors in that match...

@Nevershootme

0:43 - Did a ^B from the ground in order to continue putting damage on Snake. Missed and got punished for it.

IDK if you got carried away or not, but I think continuing to pursuit him with aerials would've been a better choice here. I'm not too much of a fan using ^B from the ground to attack someone above me because if I miss, I've got to cancel that glide and most of the time, my opponent manages to punish me or they are closer to me than they should be because I can't fight them off as I'm gliding away from them. Because of that, I have to reset my spacing again which can get annoying depending on who my opponent's character is.

0:46 - Got hit by Snake's Nair for no good reason and he successfully recovers.

??? What happened here? You were approaching Snake, but you didn't attack him or airdodge his Nair. Therefore, you got nailed by the attack and he recovers.

1:07- 1:11 - You approach snake off stage and successfully edge gaurd him.

Good job here! :) However, I can't help but think, did you reverse your ^B when you initiated it? If you didn't, you got lucky there. Be careful and make sure you do reverse it if you choose to ^B off stage as an edge gaurd attack.

1:16 - You did an unecessary spot dodge.

You must of flinched and thought that his Fsmash got you. However, there was no need to spot dodge. Since you spot dodged for no reason, Snake punishes you with F-tilt.

1:30 - You toss one of Snake's grenades back at him and it blows up in his face.

Lol, nice job there. That's not an easy thing to do. Luckily you had a wall to help you with that though! :p I definitely wouldn't have done that though because that log or whatever it is can obstruct some grenades from view I believe.

1:32 - You got blown up by a C4 mine resulting you getting Star KO'd... :(

I can see that you tried to shield here, but I would've at least try to spot dodge or roll backwards from the explosion. I don't rely on my shield a lot when it comes to blocking attacks (Unless if I'm power shielding that is) because they can deplete over time leaving certain parts of you vulnerable to attack like that C4 explosion which got you from above which sucks.

1:38 - You attack Snake as he shields.

I don't think that was a smart choice there, you would've been better off trying to grab him as he was just standing there with his shield out. I think you got a bit aggro here trying to land some attacks on him. Especially for the fact that you had invincibility frames at the time so you thought that you could throw out any attack you liked hoping that you would hit him.

1:41 - You power shielded a mine and roll towards your opponent.

That backwards roll wasn't necessary as you successfully shielded that mine. Although, I'm pretty sure that you may have flinched causing you to do that. If you do roll towards your enemy by accident however, I suggest that you should walk away or roll in the opposite direction away from your opponent to regain your spacing again instead of spot dodging. As you can clearly see, since you spot dodged instead of simply moving away, the Snake player got 1 small free hit on you.

1:57 - You attempted to hit Snake with Nair, he shields it and hits you with an F-tilt.

I think you were expecting a hit here. However, if an attack doesn't harm your opponent, I'd suggest retreating away from them. (Move backwards a little) Next time instead of just sitting there thinking that move should've got him, if you hit a shield or if they dodge it, retreat so there's a decreased chance that your opponent can retaliate on the spot or attack you OoS.

2:01 - You attempt to do a glide attack on stage.

I wouldn't do this, this move is easy to see coming for most players. They can just shield it and grab you. Luckily, your opponent missed the chance to do so.

2:04 - Your opponents misses trying to attack you with Nair. You miss your opportunity to punish him by doing a dash-grab, and Snake punishes you with F-tilt.

I think just a standing grab, F-tilt or even a D-tilt would've been a better choice here. There was no need to dash grab him because your opponent landed right in front of you. Since you dash-grabbed, you got punished for it.

2:17 - You successfully edge guard your opponent once again.

Again, excellent job achieving this, keep up the work! :)

2:23 - You successfully get back up on stage again.

At around 2:22, your choice of ledge attacks here were good. Obviously, the Snake player didn't know that MK is a hard character to keep off the stage. He would've been better off keeping a safe distance instead of moving right up to the edge of the stage. You capitilized on this strength of MK's and got a good amount of % on him.

2:28 - You spot dodge and Snake punishes you with an F-tilt.

Not too sure why you wanted to spot dodge here, all Snake did was roll into you. You could've punished him with any move of your choice once his invincibility frames wore off! Instead, you decided to spot dodge and instead, Snake punishes you because you dodged for no reason at all.

2:34 - A grenade blew up in your face.

Couldn't see what attack your were trying to perform, but why did you let that grenade get you in the first place? You could've just jump over it, AD or let it be.

2:38 - Snake hits you off the stage with F-tilt.

Why did you AD as you were falling? Again, all Snake did was roll into you where again, you could've punished with a Dair. BUT since you dodged again for no apparent reason, again, he nails you with an F-tilt once again!

2:46 - You rolled toward your opponent twice.

DON'T ROLL TOWARD YOUR OPPONENT! I can't stress enough how bad that is doing so. Luckily, your opponent didn't punish you for it. If Snake waited where he originally was, he could've punished you with another F-tilt!

2:57 - You respawned and got aggro + predictable with your attacks again.

Once again, you go beserk trying to attack Snake when you had invincibility frames. Snake successfully predicts this by shielding (Because you did this last time) and nails you with another F-tilt. Again, you could've gone for a grab.

3:12 - You try to catch Snake with the MT while in the air. You miss and got punished for it.

Don't use MT in the air to catch falling opponents. If you miss, you'll be helpless and the opponent can land any attack of their choice on you which is bad.

3:17 - You go for another glide attack and it gets blocked.

Again, the glide attack is not good to use on stage as it is easily predicted by your opponent. This time, it got blocked. You were lucky that he didn't punish you however.

3:18 - When Snake has his shield up, you decide to use ^B to attack him and once again, you attempt to glide attack which missed again.

...Why did you use ^B when Snake clearly had his shield up? You could've grabbed him! What also got me was that you used the glide attack again! THIS MOVE IS PREDICTABLE! Snake dodged it as he saw it coming from miles away and you got a U-tilt to the face.

3:24 - Again, you roll towards your opponent.

If Snake wasn't setting up a mine at that time, you could've got punished for it.

3:31 - You use another MT while in the air to try and catch your opponent in the air which missed again.

Don't use MT to catch opponents in the while you are in the air, if you miss you'll be helpless and they can use any attack they like. This time, you ate an F-tilt. Ouch.

3:40 - A grenade you picked up blows up in your face.

Why didn't you throw it before it went off?

3:48 - You got hit by Dair.

You could've Air dodged this one.

4:01 - Got hit by U-tilt which star KO'd you.

By 4:00 you tried to attack Snake with a Uair which missed. Now why did you move toward him while you were vulnerable? You should've retreated! Maybe you could've avoided the U-tilt if you did so.

My Conclusion

The Good
- Your off stage abilities plus Ko'ing people who are off stage.
- Choice of ledge attacks.
- You space your moves well.
- You use a great variety of attacks.
- You obviously have the basics down.
- You have good control over D-tilt. (I never saw you use it more than once in a row)

The Bad
- Stop using the glide attack so much.
- Don't use MT to catch falling opponents while in the air.
- You are predictable when you respawn.
- Don't roll toward your opponent.
- You don't retreat if you miss or hit a shield with an aerial attack.
- Unecessary spot dodging.
- You don't use enough grabs.

If there's anything else that you want me to explain to you or if I didn't make sense with one of my comments, then please ask. I'll answer any questions you have when I have time to do so.

Sorry for the double post, but I believe that this thread needs to live on and not die.

nevershootme

Smash Master
thanks for the critique, but i think your comments after u sent a pm saying you don't have enough mk play experience is more of a throwoff... keep in mind not every mk is gonna be m2k mk anyways... and your analysis is too much anyways... I have a ton of other videos of my mk anyways that are better than this. and rarely i use my mk vs snake as i did it for the hell of it (I usually do snake dittos)

some of the errors were mostly caused from my controls and how the game buffers stupid stuff. I use my mk differently from others which is less grabs, cuz barely i get a chance to grab since i don't judge myself on when to do so but punish. I also rarely use d-smash but to kill despite, it is kinda frowned upon spamming it over and over just to piss people off, but if that's so...

using tornado above, when catching the person above, it results in star KO when done right, when i did it, i mis-timed it...

as far as rolling towards opponent, that's from control error...

and as far as gliding towards edge while edge-guarding, that was control error...

and as far as getting hit by n-air as he was recovering, i tried u-air since up-b also gives the chance to get hit from it... that was due to an error in aiming the attack

Disaster-sama

Smash Cadet
NNID
El_huracan
I'm gonna regret this later. Oh, what the hell maybe hearing my mistakes many many times will make em stuck in my head while playing, i hope for good.

Disaster (Mk) vs Trap (Snake).

This is a friendly battle. I would like to know your opinions about "you should play like this, when he camp do this" instead of "don't upb to your doom, don't spam dairs"... but if you can't help it i'll try to understand.
I've watched most m2k videos so i know basically how to attack, how to out camp, but i just can't quiet pull the strategy off. I'll appreciate tips and strategies of how to do them.
Thank you.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
My Attempt to Revive this Thread

Ok ill post mine as well, i always knew i wasnt a great metaknight but i could always rely on metaknights brokeness to help me win some games, but lately i have been winning less and less with metaknight so please help me out.

vs Snake
vs Marth
vs. Snake:

-You need to more aggressive against Snake. Stop trying so hard to just build up damage and work on just getting him off the stage.

-You missed a lot of Shuttle Loop opportunities off the stage. If you didn't know, you can Shuttle Loop Snake out of his cypher almost anywhere off the stage and survive; you'll hit the cypher and won't go into freefall. Take advantage of this.

vs. Marth:

-Too much Tornado spam. I was surprised Broly never tried to Up-B out of it.

I spose i could put this here then...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEWlHYicUsQ
Me vs my brothers DK/Snake (had to SD to keep below 3 mins)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbsi-RX_eaA#t=2m21s
vs his olimar (2nd match, link will automatcially take you to 2:21)

Besides the obvious mistakes (like not finishing the dair chain offstage on snake and screwing up the edgehog on olimar) I know some things I should work on are recovering with side-b a lot more often and more nairs.

However i do have a question about dtilt. at 0:45 in the first match vs his DK I did a dtilt and went for a grab (although slightly delayed) there was no way I could have been able to do anything to beat DK's downtilt since DK didnt trip. How should you use dtilt vs characters that outrange you when there is the risk of them not tripping and theyre packing something like a snake utilt? Is there a range the dtilt must hit from to be able to follow up with an attack? in the olimar vid youll see i was quite confident with dtilt to grab since i didnt hit with the max range of dtilt, but vs snake, my second death was due to me being hesitant about following up on the dtilt. I thought snake was too far away that if i chased him straight away i would just get utilted. Obviously this wouldnt have happened since snake tripped, but dtilt doesnt always trip >_>

lol i hope thats not too confusing for someone to answer.
-Watch your spacing. You were getting hit by a lot of stuff just by getting in too close.

-I doubt you would've even been able to knock Snake out of his cypher after the last one you connected. It stales quickly and probably wouldn't have dealt enough damage to have done so. Stick to Shuttle Loops.

-( D-tilt RE: ) After playing MK for a while, you'll start being able to react to your opponents trip from D-tilt faster. If they trip, dash-grab. If they don't trip, don't.

From what I saw you're good at the ditto. Just a few things I noticed:

-F-tilt more. Space with it like crazy.

-Try creating up D-tilt -> Trip -> Grab setups. This can lead to many different follow-ups.

My MK is really bad. Here's a set that i played today that got saved on replay.

SCOTU (red MK) vs Epic (Blue MK) 1
SCOTU (red MK) vs Epic (Blue MK) 2
SCOTU (red MK) vs Epic (Blue MK) 3

Suggestions?
Srsly?

HolyChef(MK) vs Sudai (R.O.B.) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gJTc45lcvc

HolyChef(MK) vs Sudai 2(R.O.B.) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-blLC3AcdaU
-Watch your spacing, especially with your Glide Attack.

-WAY too much tornado; it started to get really predictable after a while. Mix up your approaches with tilts, grabs, dash-attack, etc.

I need help with the ICs matchup. I play with the two best IC players out there IMO, lain and Ambrose, quite often. I finally got some vids up of Ambrose vs. myself. Super awesome custom textures included.

Anth0ny (MK) vs. Ambrose (ICs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yEoWfgzlsE&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtVRqKfi5b8&feature=channel

Also, MK dittos!

Anthony (MK-ANTH) vs. Ambrose (MK-BROSE)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUTtm86JOaI&feature=channel lolz ensue at the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNOLw-7XojQ&feature=channel ouch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX_0T7gjL88&feature=channel way too close

Help is appreciated.
vs. Ice Climbers:

-D-air camp more. I can't really think of anything ICs can do about D-air camp -> Tornado. Stay in the air as much as you can.

vs. MK

-Try not to always recover with Drill Rush. Mix up your recoveries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLNkb2BkIfc (vs Snake)

This match of mine shows how much i've stepped up my techniques in using MK, but I feel like I'm missing something that I can't find in honing my techniques into **** level (not to mention scouting new talent in the Miami, FL smash scene, but the player i faced had major potential in future tournaments)

critiques and other methods to win?
-From what I saw, your MK is pretty ****. You really made it hard for me to point out anything. It seemed like you toned down your aggression at the end, which I think is the only reason you lost. Good **** overall.

Hey guys. I'm just wondering if I can get my MK critiqued. I would've provided more videos, but the disc reader on my Wii isn't working and I only managed to tape 1 replay before it stopped working...:( It was also the reason why I had to mute the video because I couldn't redo the replay again due to technical issues with my Wii... >_>

Anyway, here's my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTvhsUCa9Jg

I don't care how harsh your opinions/suggestions are, I know that I'm not playing MK right and I would like some help on how I can improve my game with him. So any suggestions on how I could use him better are greatly appreciated! :)

My overall review of my play style (IMO): I know I'm supposed to use the Uair to cancel air momentum, however, my fingers haven't adjusted to MK's method yet as most of the character's I use require Fair to do so. I'll get this eventually. I also think I spam rolls too much. However, I'm still trying to get over that habit too. Also, once I get knocked off the stage or if my damage % is high, I feel the need to stay at the center of the stage at all times. So, I completely disregard my opponent and do anything I can to get around them. That often results me with a stock loss or getting knocked back out again. However, I'm not quite too sure how I should deal with that...:ohwell:

Thanks for any replies/suggestions. Again, any kind of help I can get is greatly appreciated! :)
Don't take this the wrong way if I'm incorrect, but from watching your vid it looks like you've just started playing MK. It seemed like you didn't know what you were doing most of the time:

-Be aggressive! You really need to work on your pressure game.

-Work on your edgeguarding. Learn what moves you should use if different situations when you opponent it off the stage.

-Try not to roll to much. It becomes predictable.

-Use more F-tilt/D-tilt.

-Watch your spacing. Don't just keep running into things.

-Practice short-hopping.

-Play smarter and work on efficiency. Work on reading your opponent and capitalizing on mistakes.

I'm gonna regret this later. Oh, what the hell maybe hearing my mistakes many many times will make em stuck in my head while playing, i hope for good.

Disaster (Mk) vs Trap (Snake).

This is a friendly battle. I would like to know your opinions about "you should play like this, when he camp do this" instead of "don't upb to your doom, don't spam dairs"... but if you can't help it i'll try to understand.
I've watched most m2k videos so i know basically how to attack, how to out camp, but i just can't quiet pull the strategy off. I'll appreciate tips and strategies of how to do them.
Thank you.
-Work on your spacing. You took a lot of damage you could've avoided by zoning and not being in your opponents face all the time.

-Practice baiting airdodges. Punish him with a N-air, U-air, Shuttle Loop, etc.

FIN!

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Just watched your vid Disater-sama. I'll add on to what affinity already told you:

- Work on your ledge options. (You used your ledge attack most of the time where MK has better options to use.)

- Use more F-tilt/D-tilt

- Control your F-tilt better. If your opponent dodges the first swipe, stop and move away, don't continue or you'll get punished.

Don't take this the wrong way if I'm incorrect, but from watching your vid it looks like you've just started playing MK. It seemed like you didn't know what you were doing most of the time:

-Be aggressive! You really need to work on your pressure game.

-Work on your edgeguarding. Learn what moves you should use if different situations when you opponent it off the stage.

-Try not to roll to much. It becomes predictable.

-Use more F-tilt/D-tilt.

-Watch your spacing. Don't just keep running into things.

-Practice short-hopping.

-Play smarter and work on efficiency. Work on reading your opponent and capitalizing on mistakes.
I've used MK for a while now, however, I'm not normally aggressive against my opponent's Snake because they always pull out a grenade whenever they are far away from me so I can't go 100% aggro on them. I also normally use more D-tilt and F-tilt against his other characters though. Like I said, I would've provided more videos, but the disc reader on my Wii stopped working...:(

Top Bottom