• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
So with this, we'll be able to use the method on making custom music files in conjuncture with this amazing code and the new Gecko OS?

What a MARVELOUS DAY. SUCH A GLORIOUS DAY.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Yay, awesome! I love everyone on this board O___O.

BTW, I take it the music codes are listed in another thread?

Revven

FrankerZ
Yay, awesome! I love everyone on this board O___O.

BTW, I take it the music codes are listed in another thread?
You don't need music codes, just the names, which I supplied at the end of my post. You also need to convert it to a .brstm so Brawl can recognize it. The codes at the top of the page can be used to load anything off of the SD Card as long as it is in the proper directory and it will replace the proper file.

bobson

Smash Lord
I wasn't able to replace Final Destination's default theme with this.
First I tried with title.brstm I ripped from Animal Crossing, then I tried with a different song ripped from Brawl. Renamed each X05.brstm and placed them at first in /private/wii/app/RSBE/sound/strm/ and afterward in /private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/strm/ and neither worked.

I also get a "Receiving vault data" window upon boot and load times for replay/custom stage/album data increased significantly.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Any possibility for a PAL version?
I'd like to test it out as well.

Revven

FrankerZ
I wasn't able to replace Final Destination's default theme with this.
First I tried with title.brstm I ripped from Animal Crossing, then I tried with a different song ripped from Brawl. Renamed each X05.brstm and placed them at first in /private/wii/app/RSBE/sound/strm/ and afterward in /private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/strm/ and neither worked.

I also get a "Receiving vault data" window upon boot and load times for replay/custom stage/album data increased significantly.

Also, PW already said that you should expect loading times to become different.

Edit: Oh, I see, nevermind. Well, let me go ask about it then.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Well, I remember I ripped the file list when Brawl first came out. Let me post the file list

Here it is:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=137696

It looks like this

\RSBJ01\sound\strm\U10.brstm
\RSBJ01\sound\strm\U11.brstm
\RSBJ01\sound\strm\U12.brstm
\RSBJ01\sound\strm\U13.brstm
\RSBJ01\sound\strm\W01.brstm
\RSBJ01\sound\strm\W02.brstm
\RSBJ01\sound\strm\W03.brstm

bobson

Smash Lord
Texture replacements, on the other hand, are working swimmingly.

jokey665

Smash Ace
Just got done setting up a bunch of textures and trying it out. I had some issues. Namely, certain characters weren't working. I don't know if it was due to the textures I was using or what. Here's the character I got textures to work for: Lucas, Fox, Wolf. I tried, but did not achieve success with: ROB, Toon Link, Kirby. I would have tried more but it froze about 15 seconds into the match with Wolf, so I figured I would come here and complain about it.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I tried 3 texture hacks i downloaded from stack smash and only one worked. The other 2 froze when i picked said char.

I asumme you have to rename the files exactly as they are on the disk right?

So i named the 2 texture filed
FitPeach00.pcs
FitPeach00.pac

I used lz77ex to create the pac file from the pcs i downloaded from text smash

Only the nes peach texture worked. Am i doing something wrong?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
When do you know it worked? Do the pictures change or only the in game model?

Also, is the first path supposed to be apps and not app? I can't get falconchu to work

Revven

FrankerZ
When do you know it worked? Do the pictures change or only the in game model?

Also, is the first path supposed to be apps and not app? I can't get falconchu to work
It has to be app and you know it worked if it loads the texture you chose it to replace (in-game in other words).

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Thanks, time to test it out the right way.

Edit: I tested out Darkrai Lucario, Sigma Ganon, Trainer Ness , and FalconChu from stack smash, and all worked except Pikachu. Do we know how to do stages yet?

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
This basically makes the My Music Hack pointless now.
Why? The music hacks will allow you to easily swap any songs which will remain there even if you turn those codes off (the Wii remembers your choices for some reason). With the music hacking program, music hacks are simpler.

Revven

FrankerZ
Thanks, time to test it out the right way.

Edit: I tested out Darkrai Lucario, Sigma Ganon, Trainer Ness , and FalconChu from stack smash, and all worked except Pikachu. Do we know how to do stages yet?
PW said you can't do stages yet. PW ALSO said he tested all the characters to make sure they work, and he said if you're having problems it's the texture itself. Also, when you select the color of the texture you replaced, make sure to wait for the game to be done loading the color (when the beeping stops).

Dan_X

Smash Lord
This is really awesome! I've yet to try this yet.. but, does any1 know where to get textures? Has Syntax Error released those textures they made? I recall there being a picture of tons of characters with different textures. Are those available?

How does the hack work? If I put a texture on for Falco (which I'd be looking for because I main Falco) can I still choose from his other textures while in game? Or am I stuck with the hacked texture? Does the hacked texture simply become another selectable costume? Can to people play the same character at the same time, and only one with the texture hacked costume?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
HOLY COW.

This is amazing...can't wait to try some of these.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
For textures, do I make a new folder in private/wii/APP/RSBE and call it pf?
Then I put the .pcs files, mainly the ones from Stack Smash, into that folder?
Then I turn on the File Replacement, Dynamic SD Loader, and SD Files codes on, and turn on the game with Gecko OS, and the textures will be stored, right?

Right now I'm just trying to do character textures...
And huge thumbs up to Phantom Wings! We love you!! ^_^

Revven

FrankerZ
This is really awesome! I've yet to try this yet.. but, does any1 know where to get textures? Has Syntax Error released those textures they made? I recall there being a picture of tons of characters with different textures. Are those available?

How does the hack work? If I put a texture on for Falco (which I'd be looking for because I main Falco) can I still choose from his other textures while in game? Or am I stuck with the hacked texture? Does the hacked texture simply become another selectable costume? Can to people play the same character at the same time, and only one with the texture hacked costume?
1. Stack Smash has textures, search them up on Google.
2. Yes you can still choose from his other colors.
3. It becomes a selectable costume based on which color you chose for it to replace.
4. I do not know about the same texture hack, I would assume it would create a ghost color just like any normal color would.
5. The codes work like this: you create the following directory for textures

private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/[insert character here]/[insert character texture here]

The Wii will then read the texture off of the SD Card and load it when you choose the color it replaces (make sure to wait until it is done beeping/loading when you pick the color) and then start game and WA LA! Texture.

@FireKirby7: Yes. Except, you need it to be in the following folder directory above ^.

Adetque

Smash Apprentice
I tried this with 2 different texture hacks on stack smash (the Diddy one and Citrus Kirby), and neither of them worked. All the codes did was increase the loading time. I did everything exactly as you said to. Help?

jokey665

Smash Ace
I played around with it a bunch more, and got all the textures I couldn't get working before to work. You HAVE to let it finish loading before you leave the character select screen or else it just gives you the regular color. Oh, and the texture I was using for wolf still froze the Wii every time I tried it, and once when the computer random'd it. -_-

Revven

FrankerZ
I tried this with 2 different texture hacks on stack smash (the Diddy one and Citrus Kirby), and neither of them worked. All the codes did was increase the loading time. I did everything exactly as you said to. Help?
Are you letting the color load? PW specifically says to let it load before pressing start.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
1. Stack Smash has textures, search them up on Google.
2. Yes you can still choose from his other colors.
3. It becomes a selectable costume based on which color you chose for it to replace.
4. I do not know about the same texture hack, I would assume it would create a ghost color just like any normal color would.
5. The codes work like this: you create the following directory for textures

private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/[insert character here]/[insert character texture here]

The Wii will then read the texture off of the SD Card and load it when you choose the color it replaces (make sure to wait until it is done beeping/loading when you pick the color) and then start game and WA LA! Texture.

@FireKirby7: Yes. Except, you need it to be in the following folder directory above ^.
Alright, that sounds easy enough. :)
So after I get a texture inside the game using the codes, will the texture permenantly stay in there?
Also is it safe if I put more than one .pcs file in the private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/insert character here folder at once? I want to do this now. XD

Revven

FrankerZ
Alright, that sounds easy enough. :)
So after I get a texture inside the game using the codes, will the texture permenantly stay in there?
Also is it safe if I put more than one .pcs file in the private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/insert character here folder at once? I want to do this now. XD
They are not permanent, only when you load them through Gecko OS as the Wii reads them from the SD Card. It should be safe to put more than one texture, just make sure it is for a different color of the character.

How long until it loads?
Until you hear it stop beeping/loading sounds. PW is planning on fixing this issue though.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
They are not permanent, only when you load them through Gecko OS as the Wii reads them from the SD Card. It should be safe to put more than one texture, just make sure it is for a different color of the character.
At the bolded. How can I ensure that? Like how can I tell if texture 1 goes in original texure 1 and if texture 2 goes in original texture 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom