• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
At the bolded. How can I ensure that? Like how can I tell if texture 1 goes in original texure 1 and if texture 2 goes in original texture 2.
They should be labeled like with 00, 01, 02, and etc. Like PW's example: \private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\Link\FitLink01. pcs (for Link's first color) 01 = his first color.

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
the metal sonic texture from SS seems doesn't seem to work. It throws Rob's model into the air above Sonic and make Sonic invisible. Other than that this is working great.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
They should be labeled like with 00, 01, 02, and etc. Like PW's example: \private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\Link\FitLink01. pcs (for Link's first color) 01 = his first color.
So I make a folder for each color?
Inside the Link folder, will be 01, 02, etc.
Inside the 01 folder, I put a Link texture inside there, and in the game, if I choose that particular color, it'll load that texture right?

I'm going by this list:
http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/STUFFZ/PAC%20LIST.txt

Will this code work for textures too?

Pick Any Color You Want
0469A2B4 60000000
0469A3C4 60000000
04696FD4 60000000
04684E84 60000000

It can make all players choose the same character and the same color.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
can't wait for the song list and song swap code to be fixed...

It'll be AMAZING.

jokey665

Smash Ace
So I make a folder for each color?
Inside the Link folder, will be 01, 02, etc.
Inside the 01 folder, I put a Link texture inside there, and in the game, if I choose that particular color, it'll load that texture right?

I'm going by this list:
http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/STUFFZ/PAC%20LIST.txt
No. Inside the link folder just have each file, so /link/ would contain:

FitLink00.pcs
FitLink00.pac
FitLink01.pcs
FitLink01.pac
etc

with no folders.

Will this code work for textures too?

Pick Any Color You Want
0469A2B4 60000000
0469A3C4 60000000
04696FD4 60000000
04684E84 60000000

It can make all players choose the same character and the same color.
I assume that code would work just fine with textures.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Sweet, the thing works!!
I got textures uploaded, and they look pretty nice!

Thanks for the help Falco400 and jokey665!
And again, huge props to Phantom Wings for the codes!! :chuckle:

Revven

FrankerZ
PW has just announced that these codes will not work with custom music simply because the music is streamed and not loaded directly from the disc (that's how textures are handled) so, he says he'll need to do a completely different code for it.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Loving the effort here, but there are still a few kinks to be worked out. The game will freeze at strange points, whether mid-game or trying to start up a versus match. One of these instances especially involves Pokémon Trainer - you can't switch your Pokémon mid-game without everything freezing.

However, for an initial effort, Phantom Wings must certainly be commended. Well done!!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yes, I am. Although I loaded maybe like 75 different textures on the SD card, so it's possible I mindlessly slipped up and made a couple mistakes here and there.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
Haven't tried this yet, but plan to I think we need a link thread or section to all places with textures, also maybe a request thread if anyones up to the challenge. Props to PW for the hardwork. This also should be stickied as some of the post have small guide instructions that people can use to set it up.

Revven

FrankerZ
Loving the effort here, but there are still a few kinks to be worked out. The game will freeze at strange points, whether mid-game or trying to start up a versus match. One of these instances especially involves Pokémon Trainer - you can't switch your Pokémon mid-game without everything freezing.

However, for an initial effort, Phantom Wings must certainly be commended. Well done!!
Youko, everytime you choose a texture you absolutely HAVE to wait for the Wii to stop loading it, even if it's already been loaded once. PW said that everytime he's done that, he hasn't had a freeze once in over 5+ hours of playtime.

Also, Pokemon Trainer needs its .pac files in order to function properly. As do a few other characters and they are below:

Zelda/Sheik
Samus/SZeroSuit
Pokemon Trainer & company
Bowser
Wario

Captain Donkey

Smash Rookie
alright im sorry but i need help and im gettin mad that its not working.
i made a folder called "pf" where it says al, st, and rp.
I made another folder called "Fighter"
made a folder in that folder called "sonic"
and i put this in there "FitSonic00.pac"
i walk 2 my wii and i press 4 sonics to c if it works...
AND IT DOESNT WORK... IDK WHAT IM DOING WRONG SOME1 PLZ HELPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revven

FrankerZ
alright im sorry but i need help and im gettin mad that its not working.
i made a folder called "pf" where it says al, st, and rp.
I made another folder called "Fighter"
made a folder in that folder called "sonic"
and i put this in there "FitSonic00.pac"
i walk 2 my wii and i press 4 sonics to c if it works...
AND IT DOESNT WORK... IDK WHAT IM DOING WRONG SOME1 PLZ HELPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The problem is you're using the wrong file, it needs to be .pcs file, .pac is only needed for the characters I listed as WELL as for the other modes. .pcs is for versus and training mode. Get the .pcs version of the texture and then come back to me.

Captain Donkey

Smash Rookie
The problem is you're using the wrong file, it needs to be .pcs file, .pac is only needed for the characters I listed as WELL as for the other modes. .pcs is for versus and training mode. Get the .pcs version of the texture and then come back to me.
Well i did what u said and it's still not working... I'll say what i said in better detail. I click the folder RSBE and i make a folder in there called "pf" i make another folder in pf called "fighter" i make another folder in fighter called "sonic" and i did what u said and got a pcs file called FitSonic00.pcs and put it in the "sonic" folder. i walked to my wii and nothing happened... anything else im doin wrong?? btw i really apprechiate u helping me!

Revven

FrankerZ
Well i did what u said and it's still not working... I'll say what i said in better detail. I click the folder RSBE and i make a folder in there called "pf" i make another folder in pf called "fighter" i make another folder in fighter called "sonic" and i did what u said and got a pcs file called FitSonic00.pcs and put it in the "sonic" folder. i walked to my wii and nothing happened... anything else im doin wrong?? btw i really apprechiate u helping me!
Hmm okay, did you try waiting for the Wii to stop loading when you clicked the color you replaced the texture with? (In this case, default Sonic).

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
Well for one, did you install PW's SD loader codes correctly?

and recheck your directory, read up on Falco's instructions a few pages back, it really helped me out.

and wait till your wii stops beeping, you might be clicking start too quickly.

GreenGhost21

Smash Cadet
Hm. I'm having the same problem, with the textures not loading. WTF?
BTW, you replied while i was typing. LOL!

EDIT: Nvm, I got it to work. And when it did, my wii's disk area lit up! LOL! A perfect representation of what I'm feeling right now! :D

Revven

FrankerZ
It could be that the textures are duds and aren't working with the codes (for whatever reason) because all of my textures that I put in worked for me.

Captain Donkey

Smash Rookie
Hmm okay, did you try waiting for the Wii to stop loading when you clicked the color you replaced the texture with? (In this case, default Sonic).
i did everythin u said and still not working... any other advice? im like really sad right now lol

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
I've been using SmashStack textures and out of like ten all of them have all worked.

Are you putting just the .pcs file into the sonic folder? Make sure you DONT put the folder into the folder? :S

Not sure what else to suggest.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
So, for Pokemon Trainer, the first Pokemon called out is texture-swapped, but when I change pokemon, they're their normal colors. And when I go back to the first pokemon, it's back to its original texture as well. And when I return to the character select screen afterward, the whole thing freezes. Will installing the PAC fix this, and if so, do I need to install it into PT's, Charizard's, Squirtle's, and Ivysaur's folders, or just PT's? (Keep in mind that the only PAC that came with the hack was for the Final Smash...)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
PW has just announced that these codes will not work with custom music simply because the music is streamed and not loaded directly from the disc (that's how textures are handled) so, he says he'll need to do a completely different code for it.
You might wanna change the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom