• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Snake's to ask for advice / listen to

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I got this idea from a site called UG (it's a guitar tab site). In a few of their forums (mostly ones that give advice) they have threads like this.

These threads are simple to maintain, rarely get updated (normally), and provide useful information for any 'newbie' who may get confused.

1. A person not mentioned does not mean don't listen to them, it just means take their advice/information with a grain of salt!

2. A person on this list may be wrong sometimes however they have proven to know what they are talking about, a majority of the time. Hence "listen to these people"

3. A person on the 'ignore' part of the list is normally wrong about everything. You have to really try to get on that list.

People to listen to
This is in no particular order, I'm simply going down the Snake Player Roster. So chances are it's Alphabetical

Havokk - "Tester Approved"
Ken Neth
NaPPy
Syx (Black Heretic)
Ultimate Razer - "Tourney Approved (HOBO)" < Seriously though, he uses wii-chuck
JesiahTEG - "Moderator Approved"
Candy - "Tourney Approved"
Tub - "Tester Approved"
Samurai Panda - "Moderator Approved"
Afro_Thundah - "Tourney Approved"

"Tourney Approved" simply means - they win tourneys. I know they win tourneys. They win large tourneys, not just locals. They know how to use Snake.

(Anyone want to get me any majors that Candy has won? (or anyone else...)

"Tester Approved" simply means - they were a major tester in our "Metagame - Things We Need To Test" thread. They gave information, tested information, gave data, and know their things about Snake.

"Moderator Approved" simply means - they are our main moderator. He also happens to know what he's talking about 90% of the time. :p

What about people with no description you ask?

They are still important, just as important as everyone else on this list, they are all equals, no one of them is more important then another.

-Note-
This list is not the same as the Snake BRoom.

-Note 2-
Jesiah, if you see this as pointless let me know. It works very well at UG because of how much advice/information is given, and many (MANY) people giving poor/bad/wrong/misleading advice/information.

Sandst0rm

Smash Cadet
Eh. Anyone can give good advice. Lots of people on the Snake boards share the same knowledge. There's already a list of good snakes in a thread, so people can just look them up. It kind of seems like you don't like other Snakes that you don't think are good giving advice. Sorry if I'm wrong, but this thread is pointless.

Lawlmahbawls

Smash Journeyman
Eh. Anyone can give good advice. Lots of people on the Snake boards share the same knowledge. There's already a list of good snakes in a thread, so people can just look them up. It kind of seems like you don't like other Snakes that you don't think are good giving advice. Sorry if I'm wrong, but this thread is pointless.
Agreed, it's like you're saying "We're better so don't listen to anyone else" When you don't actually know if you are or not.
But this is what a forum is for, letting people voice their opinions and having a list judging which people are worth listening to and arn't is stupid.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
I don't think you need the extra O's in the title. Just saying.

About the thread though, it's really that you guys aren't actually around as much as you'd like to think, aside from Ken and Syx. I know you're easing yourself back in Havokk, but I think pointing people to the Q&A is just fine, any wrong information given there is usually corrected pretty quickly, which is really true about any other thread here.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
You shouldn't do these kinds of threads, they lead to unwarranted supremacy and the whole thread is usually people going 'HEY< WAHT ARE I ANOT DOIN ON DIAS LISKT'. People have a mental list of who they feel they should listen to and it does vary from person to person.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
You shouldn't do these kinds of threads, they lead to unwarranted supremacy and the whole thread is usually people going 'HEY< WAHT ARE I ANOT DOIN ON DIAS LISKT'. People have a mental list of who they feel they should listen to and it does vary from person to person.
Don't complain just because you're not on it =p

ok, sorry, bad joke

But really, I think that Havokk is just trying to have a list of intelligent posters compiled for new people to look at and possibly contact for help regarding anything Snake

And if somebody sees this and needs help, please feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help

SuSa

Don't complain just because you're not on it =p

ok, sorry, bad joke

But really, I think that Havokk is just trying to have a list of intelligent posters compiled for new people to look at and possibly contact for help regarding anything Snake
And if somebody sees this and needs help, please feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help
This.

/people missing point of thread

EDIT:

@Caliber....

And if you don't know anything.. how do you know who is right if you have 1 or 2 answers? What about 4 different answers and only 1 answer has 2 people, theres a chance they may be wrong....

SuSa

Okay. So the people who aren't on this list are not "intelligent posters." Lawl.
Because I obviously finished the entire list in one go. :roll:

It's a start, and these are names I know as being intelligent posters who provide correct information the majority of the time.

I didn't say it was a finished list, nor did I state to "not listen to anyone that isn't on the list".

I said take what they say with a grain of salt as they may very well be wrong.

EDIT:

Oh, it's an 09er. At least he/she has proper spelling.

tl;dr
I judge people by their post count and join dates until they have proven themselves to not be the stereotypical noob of the forum.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Oh, it's an 09er. At least he/she has proper spelling.

tl;dr
I judge people by their post count and join dates until they have proven themselves to not be the stereotypical noob of the forum.
lol join date animosity, nobody ever called me an 08'er XD

SuSa

lol join date animosity, nobody ever called me an 08'er XD
You got lucky :laugh:

However looking at a few of his posts (3-4) he seems to know what he's talking about.

People were against me for a long time because of my join date :p (LOL @ 08'er!) but I've changed that viewpoint for most.

However being a huge forum person (Staff for iPBFree, a ipb 1.3 forum host) and many other sites, and a huge forum person (UG forums, here, 2 of my own forums, etc.) the whole 'stereotype because their new' seems to hold for the majority, but there are a few who seem to shine from their join date.

And obviously the longer stayers generally know how things run.... (for the most part <_<)

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
*Looks at posts and Join Date*

Yaay, you like me =D

Really though, I hope to become a contributor here. After wandering the characters for about 2 months after Brawl's release, I found GaW. I did fairly well.. but then I found Reflex, and a wonderful thing called SDI, as well as the fact that MK's can stuff any approach I do and Snake can blow it up.

I feel like I can place well, and I hate being limited by character weakness.. so naturally I went to MK. Well, I feel like any approach in this game leaves me open, or at least it is more difficult to approach then camp. Camping with MK is kinda fun, but it can become a pain at neutrals. I have no problem bringing Rainbow cruise to the timer XD.

But, for neutrels, I wanted a campy character with few character flaws. I found Snake.

wassup guys. I get good practice as Snake, I have a friend who is decent and I have a little local tournament I do well at.. Milln is always there, I played theONEjanitor (not as snake, but experience is experience) and won in a tournament match, although he proceeded to romp me in snake ditto friendlys, as well as my MK again or something... it was late =O

So, here I am. I don't expect you to add me to the list off of this one post, nor do I expect to be known, but over time I think it will set in =D

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm sure if you people decide to contribute to the snake forum often and prove your awesum-ness this list will grow and your name can get on it, its not that big of a deal jesus christ

Oniboy

Smash Apprentice
Is it really that important, that someone's name is up there on this list.

Everyone can give good advice, just these people on the list are know to be right a lot more of the time.

napZzz

Smash Hero
LIke havokk is saying, he's just letting newer members know some of the people who can know what they're talking about and are avid posters

Havokk himself said its not that important, people are just taking the list too seriously

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I'm sure if you people decide to contribute to the snake forum often and prove your awesum-ness this list will grow and your name can get on it, its not that big of a deal jesus christ
I am sure when you said Jesus Christ you were referring to me, but please, I try and keep a low profile here on smashboards.

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself, and I also don't think this is a good way to run a board, but whatever...

Sandst0rm

Smash Cadet
xD, I'm actually an 06'er from when I took an interest in competitive melee but I can't remember my username. =[ I guess I understand your point Havokk. =P

SuSa

xD, I'm actually an 06'er from when I took an interest in competitive melee but I can't remember my username. =[ I guess I understand your point Havokk. =P
May explain why I haven't labeled you as an obnoxious noob.

Well, I did.

Then I read a few of your posts....

I will update this post in a few days, I realized I missed a few people... (importante people)

SuSa

YES. Why aren't I on the TOP of this list? F*ck!

im not kidding...

or am I?
You rarely post, but you know your stuff.

The reason you aren't on it is because I forgot you.

Because you rarely post.

(Most everyone in my Metagame Development thread that gave information and helped with testing will be on this list.... they obviously know their stuff =p)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
*shrug* I don't really contribute much anymore to the Snake boards. Mostly because I don't like giving away my secrets anymore.

And yes, this is real. People have started banning my favorite CPs, and I have played random people who know exactly how to get around my main strats, which, after I asked them, is because they apparently read a post of mine on the boards about it or something like that. So... yeah. Sorry I'm not much of a help at all ^_^''

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
lol @ someone figured out how to beat my apparently easily-countered strategy and I wasn't good enough to alter it so I'm never telling anyone any strats evar again

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
lol @ someone figured out how to beat my apparently easily-countered strategy and I wasn't good enough to alter it so I'm never telling anyone any strats evar again
I wasn't good enough to alter it?

...I've never lost to a person who learned my stuff just through my posts/videos. Ever. But it certainly makes it quite annoying to play against them.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
*shrug* I don't really contribute much anymore to the Snake boards. Mostly because I don't like giving away my secrets anymore.

And yes, this is real. People have started banning my favorite CPs, and I have played random people who know exactly how to get around my main strats, which, after I asked them, is because they apparently read a post of mine on the boards about it or something like that. So... yeah. Sorry I'm not much of a help at all ^_^''
Lol same here. Havokk seems to post the most intelligent posts here. I will help out with with general information and things that will help :p.

SuSa

Lol same here. Havokk seems to post the most intelligent posts here. I will help out with with general information and things that will help :p.
Not the most intelligent.

I take risks of being warned/banned/flamed/LMAO NOOB!'d at/epic failing.

I've made 2 threads of epic fail, a few threads I got partially flamed in, and a thread I got warned in. :p

Also, I hope you like your description:

Ultimate Razer - "Tourney Approved (HOBO)" < Seriously though, he uses wii-chuck

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
This isn't a bad list of people. I'm guessing Ally didn't make the list because he never posts here? lol

If I don't make the list, I really don't care. Neither should anyone else really, just try to be a bigger contributor to the forums, than you'll make the list =D. If I do make the list than I'll stay on it xD

Top Bottom