• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Snake's to ask for advice / listen to

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
This isn't a bad list of people. I'm guessing Ally didn't make the list because he never posts here? lol

If I don't make the list, I really don't care. Neither should anyone else really, just try to be a bigger contributor to the forums, than you'll make the list =D. If I do make the list than I'll stay on it xD
Lol Ally doesn't answer peoples questions. I tried asking him for advice. No reply at all. I could care less though in the end.

And why are people getting all pissy over a list. It's a good idea in my opinion. People want to know who is good. People want advice. This thread pretty much tells you who is a good Snake and who will actually take the time out to help you if you have a question. What's not to like. It's not like these select people are the only good Snakes or the only one with great advice but people generally would want help from well known tourney goers than unknowns.

Speaking of I have a question that I need someone to answer. It's about a certain matchup that I just cant do with Snake. Someone mind helping? :)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Ask me anything.

I know every matchup except Falcon. (Seriously, except for 'only use ftilt, nades, and utilt' I have no advice for him.. but those 3 things >>> everything falcon has)

I can handle every matchup really well except for good Falcon's. They get me down to a stock, and once in a blue moon, actually win.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
This is a fairly common matchup that I just cant do: Diddy Kong. I have issues maintaining any kind of stage control on Diddy and he racks up the damage sooooo fast. I get juggled by Nanerz, faried off the stage and then spiked if I'm not careful I need to know how to avoid this kind of stuff. Diddys claim we have the advantage...I'd like to know how that is lol What kind of tactics do I need to be using for my ground game.

Lawlmahbawls

Smash Journeyman
This is a fairly common matchup that I just cant do: Diddy Kong. I have issues maintaining any kind of stage control on Diddy and he racks up the damage sooooo fast. I get juggled by Nanerz, faried off the stage and then spiked if I'm not careful I need to know how to avoid this kind of stuff. Diddys claim we have the advantage...I'd like to know how that is lol What kind of tactics do I need to be using for my ground game.
Try the Match-up thread or Q&A.

But be aggressive, you can't afford to camp and let the Diddy set up his nanners. Dash Attack helps ALOT, stay in his face so he can't pull a naner. Also grabbing right after he throws a banana really slows em down. /lazy

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
thats actually my best matchup b/c my brother mains diddy and i play him like every day haha

the matchup is in snakes favor GREATLY if you know what your doing
1st off....dont be scared of nanerz b/c snake can use them better than ditty....your dash attack and motar slide have massive range that pick up bananas...so use that to pick nanerz up or if they are going to throw them at you you can catch it with motarslide/dash attack...throw them back at him and then dash attack him or something...hitting him again and regrabbing the banana....also jump cancel throw bananas b/c its the equivalent to glide attack ( snakes glide attack sux so jump cancel throw is better for him lol)

ALOT of diddys always go for spikes........all you have to do is recover really high....when your falling just use B reversals so you dont get punished when you land

When you get diddy off the stage.....it is SOOOOOO easy to gimp him....when there recovering with the barrels....all you have to do is fall downwards to where they are and do a rising Dair....that way only the 1st part of the Dair hits and knocks him out of the barrels.....and they just fall to there death since they are too low by the time there able to try to recover

^^^^^ eh thats all i can think of from the top of my head......if u still need more help just let me know

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Interesting. I'll try jump canceling the throws because when I just throw them regularly it seems like they just land right in front on Diddy and then he's like "sweet I got my Naner back :D" I sometimes do this but I never thought that much about B-reversals to protect my recovery. I'll work on that. And I always wondered how to gimp Diddy out of his recovery. Sweet awesome tips I'll go and work on these and see if they help. Thanks for the tips guys.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
In addition to what Candy said, if he ever hits your shield with a banana, the banana will bounce upwards. You can jump out of shield and do an aerial/z/airdodge to grab the banana to take control of them. Also, you can spotdodge bananas thrown at you (the ones that don't land at your feet) and they'll either be thrown off the stage or behind you (where you can get them easily).

Oh yeah, pull a bunch of nades, too. And remember that Diddy players usually use dash attacks to pick up bananas from the ground, so you get a free hit on them if they go for their bananas while you're in range of them.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Thanks Panda. I'll keep that in mind too. All of this is stuff that I half-noticed but never bothered to try to take advantage of. I feel ********. Oh well time to redeem myself and get my revenge on a certain Diddy player. Oh and Panda I gotta play you sometime Ive seen you at some tournaments but never got the chance to play you :o

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I have a question for the Havokk guy:

When are we playing for the name?
I get my wii in 2 weeks time, and if not then I guess I can't warm up.

I don't get my liscence til after my b-day (May 3rd), and I -may- be able to ask my Dad and our 2 roommates about you coming by one day for a while to smash...

I moved to Huntington Beach, FYI.

We'll have it soon, but if I don't get my wii I do request at least 1 warmup game... you being able to play, and me playing twice in the past 2 months, it'd be a miracle if I even came close to winning.

So keep in touch, if you can text PM me and I can send you my phone #

smash64

Smash Champion
I got this idea from a site called UG (it's a guitar tab site). In a few of their forums (mostly ones that give advice) they have threads like this.

These threads are simple to maintain, rarely get updated (normally), and provide useful information for any 'newbie' who may get confused.

1. A person not mentioned does not mean don't listen to them, it just means take their advice/information with a grain of salt!

2. A person on this list may be wrong sometimes however they have proven to know what they are talking about, a majority of the time. Hence "listen to these people"

3. A person on the 'ignore' part of the list is normally wrong about everything. You have to really try to get on that list.

People to listen to
This is in no particular order, I'm simply going down the Snake Player Roster. So chances are it's Alphabetical

Havokk - "Tester Approved"
Ken Neth
NaPPy
Syx (Black Heretic)
Ultimate Razer - "Tourney Approved (HOBO)" < Seriously though, he uses wii-chuck
JesiahTEG - "Moderator Approved"
Candy - "Tourney Approved"
Tub - "Tester Approved"
Samurai Panda - "Moderator Approved"
Smash64
there you go fixed

Top Bottom