• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

7/25/09 Gathering Place Games - GP Brawl 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Gathering Place Games Presents its 4th Brawl Tournament!!!:estatic:

Gathering Place Games is a self owned establishment that has been serving the central Florida area's card gaming needs, and has decided to serve the video gaming community as well by hosting tournaments for Street Fighter 4, Pokemon Platinum, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl just to name a few...

Date: July 25th 2009

Format: Doubles & Singles

Time:

Registration - 12:00 PM

Doubles Starts: 1:30 PM (it may start later than 1:30 PM depending on how many people show up late).

Singles will Start as soon as doubles is over.
Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the finals best 3 out of 5.

Gamer Fees:

Doubles: $10 admission per player ($20 per team)
Singles: $10 admission per player

Rules:

Time Limit= 8 Minutes
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1
Jungle japes

All other stages are banned

Prizes:

Doubles
First Place team will receive 45% of doubles admission.
Second Place team will receive 20% of doubles admission
Third Place team will receive 10% of doubles admission

Singles
1st Place 45% of Singles Admission.
2nd Place 20%
3rd Place 10%

Snacks and Food Available for Purchase inside the store.

- Pepsi Products (Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Teas, Juices, and more)
- Chips (Lays Products)
- Blue Bunny ice cream products

China One is also located in our plaza if you would like some Chinese food.
You are allowed to bring outside food and drink into the store.

Store Address:

Gathering Place Games
953 E. Semoran Blvd.
Casselberry, FL, 32707
(407) 830-4390

Look for the big Yugioh and Pokemon sign. Our plaza is located across the street from the Citgo gas station. If you have any questions please feel free to call the number listed above.

*NOTE* Gathering Place Games will provide some TVs and WII systems but we will need more so we can hold friendlies and make the tournament run smoothly.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
That's good to hear, please be sure to tell your friends as well. Just so everyone knows, GP is only holding a brawl tourney on the 11th other game tourneys will be held at later dates. Just wanted to make that clear.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Oh hell yea! Its pretty close for me too. I just asked for Saturdays off so I should be all set. Now just to find a partner? Any canidates... Tony?

CO18

Smash Hero
Thats too much Pot ****. 40% of the pot? Thats even worse than gigs.

Also this should be a week later probably there are like 3 other tourneys just in this state that day as well as whobo a big national one so not many people would probably come. If it was on the 18th though it would be good.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Thats too much Pot ****. 40% of the pot? Thats even worse than gigs.

Also this should be a week later probably there are like 3 other tourneys just in this state that day as well as whobo a big national one so not many people would probably come. If it was on the 18th though it would be good.
RX was right, you are greedy lol, however I must respect the fact that you are good smash player and I assume you are showing concern for the amount of money you could very well win.

1.) I am aware that gigs takes 30%.
2.)The singles admission is cheaper than gigs, this reason alone has attracted friends of mine in the area to play.
3.)Keep in mind that if you are really good at this game, you could continuously, on a monthly basis, win money in this tournament without having to pay. I hear that's pretty sweet.

As for the pot adjustment, I will have to run it by the store owner, this whole brawl tournament was his idea, but he normally lets me do whatever I think is best. As of right now, I may change the admission & prizes to be the same as gigs, it seems to work for them. Please know that all of the money kept by the store will be used to purchase new setups for future tournaments.

As for the date of the tourney, conflicting with WHOBO (April 10-12) is not what I want to do, but not everyone can go to Texas. I don't see any other tourneys that conflict though. I would appreciate it if you or someone else could post a link of the other brawl tourneys you would want to go to that would conflict with this one.

This first tournament is not supposed to be a regional size event, a good sized group from CFL will be fine this time around. Plus, this may give some people the opportunity to win a tourney since some of the pros will no doubt be going to whobo.

And for the love of god, there will only be tube TV's for the tournament so no worries about lag!!!

CO18

Smash Hero
There's the Tally tournament that most of Florida is going to http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224592

And theres also a Play N trade tourney in naples but most people are going to the tally tourney.
The only tourney on the 18th would've been Florida gaming but they canceled it for this month which is why I said it would be better for that date.

lol Im not greedy. I just meant in general lol, Even gigs is considered to pot **** in general at 30%. Most tourneys I believe have like a 5$ door fee and a 60/30/10 or some other distribution with full pot or very minimal pot cut.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
I'm so dumb, I saw all of those but it never clicked in my head, and HCBSpike told me about florida gaming's cancellation. Guess I'll have to talk to the owner about rescheduling the date to the 18th as well, which would probably happen but I have to run this stuff by him first. Thanks CO18 for the quick response, I appreciate your help.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
N3XUS said:
This first tournament is not supposed to be a regional size event, a good sized group from CFL will be fine this time around. Plus, this may give some people the opportunity to win a tourney since some of the pros will no doubt be going to whobo.
Well im not sure how many people actually travel to tourneys, but I know i dont like to drive further than 45 min for a tourney. Im sure there are also other people in CFL who would attend this tourney because its closer and they dont wish to travel to tallahassee.

Just recently there was a huge Florida Gaming tourney and a smaller new Gamezone tourney held on the same day. Everyone was saying that the Gamezone attendance was going to flop becuz of the Hugeness of Florida gaming and there were about 31 entrants at Gamezone. So if you wanted to leave the date you probably could, but changing the date is up to you.

Plus, just as you said this would give others a chance to win, thus maybe increasing your attendance. Regardless of the date Im going to come to this tourney because its closer to where I live. Maybe other central florida look at it the same way i do, but idk.

So if you decide to leave the date or change it just let me know.

Gindler

Smash Champion
There's the Tally tournament that most of Florida is going to http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224592

And theres also a Play N trade tourney in naples but most people are going to the tally tourney.
The only tourney on the 18th would've been Florida gaming but they canceled it for this month which is why I said it would be better for that date.

lol Im not greedy. I just meant in general lol, Even gigs is considered to pot **** in general at 30%. Most tourneys I believe have like a 5$ door fee and a 60/30/10 or some other distribution with full pot or very minimal pot cut.
Or just do what gigs does 40/15/10/5
Oh, and I always thought of door fees as really stupid. First i have to pay to get in then pay for a tourney, geeeeezzzz.

Well im not sure how many people actually travel to tourneys, but I know i dont like to drive further than 45 min for a tourney. Im sure there are also other people in CFL who would attend this tourney because its closer and they dont wish to travel to tallahassee.

Just recently there was a huge Florida Gaming tourney and a smaller new Gamezone tourney held on the same day. Everyone was saying that the Gamezone attendance was going to flop becuz of the Hugeness of Florida gaming and there were about 31 entrants at Gamezone. So if you wanted to leave the date you probably could, but changing the date is up to you.

Plus, just as you said this would give others a chance to win, thus maybe increasing your attendance. Regardless of the date Im going to come to this tourney because its closer to where I live. Maybe other central florida look at it the same way i do, but idk.

So if you decide to leave the date or change it just let me know.
I know right? anything more than 1 gallon of gas away already lost my interest unless it's going to be super duper amazingly amazing awesome

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Well, I had a talk with GP's owner like I said, and I realized some things. It seems like there are people who want to come to this even but won't because of the tally tourney(say that 3 times fast), and I don't think game zone's gonna have a lot of money to get what they wanted from keeping so much of the pot so I'll try a different route. So after sorting things out with the store owner, this is what has changed:

1.) The tournament will now be held on the 18th
2.) Doubles Prizes= 45/20/5
3.) Singles Prizes= 45/20/5
4.) Doubles will start after 1:30 pm

all of these changes can be found in my original post at the top of the first page as well.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Well, I had a talk with GP's owner like I said, and I realized some things. It seems like there are people who want to come to this even but won't because of the tally tourney(say that 3 times fast), and I don't think game zone's gonna have a lot of money to get what they wanted from keeping so much of the pot so I'll try a different route. So after sorting things out with the store owner, this is what has changed:

1.) The tournament will now be held on the 18th
2.) Doubles Prizes= 45/20/5
3.) Singles Prizes= 45/20/5
4.) Doubles will start after 1:30 pm

all of these changes can be found in my original post at the top of the first page as well.
sounds good!

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Yeah so am I, but I still gotta get a lot of practice in before then.
Hopefully the turnout isn't affected too much by the Gamezone tourney on the same day. This one is closer to me so I probably will attend this one. But its still up in the air because of school & work. Plus, it also depends if all my friends go to gamezone. If so, i might have to follow em XD

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully the turnout isn't affected too much by the Gamezone tourney on the same day. This one is closer to me so I probably will attend this one. But its still up in the air because of school & work. Plus, it also depends if all my friends go to gamezone. If so, i might have to follow em XD
Yeah I hope the attendance isn't affected too much cuz I'm still going to this tourney. I still like the idea of possibly winning a tournament and then not having to pay for the next one. Also like you said before, this one is closer to a lot of people in cfl so I think they would come to this so they can play brawl and save gas if nothing else. Does game zone have their prize payout posted yet?

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Im here dude i wanna see you again bro good times man.

Tampa will be here
Great,get some people to bring a setup or two if you can. When you come we definitely gotta do some friendlies man. I want to see what your "sick" Luigi is like first hand.

idk why it made me double post...

-Spike-

Smash Ace
From what it seems like alot of people are going to the Gamezone Tourney. So what is the expected turnout for this tourney? I really enjoyed myself last time @ gamezone, but this is closer. So if the turnout is going to be good then I will attend, but if Gamezone is gonna have more people I will probably suck it up and drive the extra distance.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
From what it seems like alot of people are going to the Gamezone Tourney. So what is the expected turnout for this tourney? I really enjoyed myself last time @ gamezone, but this is closer. So if the turnout is going to be good then I will attend, but if Gamezone is gonna have more people I will probably suck it up and drive the extra distance.
I feel the same as you do about the distance of the two tourneys, Gathering Place Games is way closer than Game Zone for me too. They are expecting 40 people or more for the GP tourney and I still plan on going. If people want to spend more gas to go to a tourney farther away than be my guest I just don't see the reason to. People said that they loved the environment at game zone and friendly it was, and since I was there I can agree it was very nice, but it doesn't seem like people realize its the people that made the good atmosphere not the place. So if all the people who whet to game zone were to go somewhere else, wouldn't the great friendly environment be there as well? I'm sorry it just doesn't make sense for me to drive farther than I have to for anything when I can get the same thing at the closer location. And to top it all off, if you win in doubles or singles, you make money and save even more money at the next tournament.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
I feel the same as you do about the distance of the two tourneys, Gathering Place Games is way closer than Game Zone for me too. They are expecting 40 people or more for the GP tourney and I still plan on going. If people want to spend more gas to go to a tourney farther away than be my guest I just don't see the reason to. People said that they loved the environment at game zone and friendly it was, and since I was there I can agree it was very nice, but it doesn't seem like people realize its the people that made the good atmosphere not the place. So if all the people who whet to game zone were to go somewhere else, wouldn't the great friendly environment be there as well? I'm sorry it just doesn't make sense for me to drive farther than I have to for anything when I can get the same thing at the closer location. And to top it all off, if you win in doubles or singles, you make money and save even more money at the next tournament.
Good call! If 40 people are going to show up then I dont see any reason to drive the extra distance. XD But are you sure 40? That seems like alot!

On a side note:
If i go to this, which it seems like i am going to, Ima need a partner...anyone interested?
(oh i use pit, rob, and mk on doubles...plus a few new char ill have ready for this tourney XD)

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the help CO18, I really appreciate it. I recently made an account and was gonna post a thread on all is brawl but you beat me to it. Seriously, the smash community needs more people like you who are willing to help out.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Good call! If 40 people are going to show up then I dont see any reason to drive the extra distance. XD But are you sure 40? That seems like alot!

On a side note:
If i go to this, which it seems like i am going to, Ima need a partner...anyone interested?
(oh i use pit, rob, and mk on doubles...plus a few new char ill have ready for this tourney XD)
Well whoever teams with me gets a guaranteed win (but keep that under your hat)

Edit: just noticed that polmex is going to, so it's not longer a guarantee

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Just to clear some things up. Gamezone has moved their tourney date to 4/11 so the turnout here should be great. Everyone come!

Quick question:
Are you guys capping the number of entrants off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom