• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

7/25/09 Gathering Place Games - GP Brawl 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I'll have to see if I'm even going. My friend's having a graduation party one of the saturdays this month, and in jacksonville (geez!)

-Spike-

Smash Ace
im gonna see if i can go... but if gindler is teaming with someone else, i need a partner D: ...

plus i feel the need to redeem myself..
LOL... just make sure no bombs are thrown XD

Well if retro and I do poorly at gamezone mayb we can team for this.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Just to clear some things up. Gamezone has moved their tourney date to 4/11 so the turnout here should be great. Everyone come!

Quick question:
Are you guys capping the number of entrants off?
At this point in time, there is no cap on the number of entrants. Seeing as this will be Gathering Place Games' first tournament, I don't think it will be necessary. If people bring setups then I don't see any problem with not having an entrant cap anyway. It's kinda like what I said before about the making of a friendly environment. The smashers not only determine the quality of the atmosphere, they also play a big part in the success of a tournament. Just look at what happened at the last gigs, messes like that only occur when not enough smasher care enough to bring setups and when the tourney organizers are not prepared for the size of their tourney.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait to see theseepic doubles matches. It just seems like that's what everyone's gonna be doing.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
this thread kinda dead...
Yeah people, say stuff!

By the way, I normally play brawl at gathering place games from 5p.m. till whenever so if anyone's interested in a place to play people, they should check it out. As of right now there are four tv's there and we only use two of them for brawl when me and my friend bring our wii's.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
so if 1st place shows to the next tourney and doesnt win, the winner of the next tourney gets more money fvcked

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
so if 1st place shows to the next tourney and doesnt win, the winner of the next tourney gets more money fvcked
Nobody's getting money fcked. Even in this scenario, 1st place will pocket plenty of cash no matter how you look at it, and the whole $4.50 that the 1st place winner wasn't getting in the first place should not be looked at as though $4.50 was taken from them because it was not part of the prize pot so once again, they weren't getting it in the first place. How is anyone getting money fcked anyway? You make it sound like it's a bad thing to win 1st place or any other place.

Gindler

Smash Champion
this thread kinda dead...
It doesn't have the word orlando in the first post, to look at the tourney threads i want to go to i just search for ucf orlando soooooooo yeahhhhhhh

WHAT!?......must've been drunk because I don't understand that

update: now that i put orlando in here I can find it when i search it

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Guys this is the next tourney coming up! After having to leave early at game zone Ima whoop *** at this one! Lets hype this up!!!

Make sure to bring set ups!!! I can bring my wii probably!

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Man, I want to come to this, but I completely forgot that the FX-International Convention is that same day, and I told my friends I'd go with them to that. Looks like I have a decision to make....

Zip.

Smash Lord
wow i just realized how(sort of) close this is...(hope i can find a ride to this..)

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Man, I want to come to this, but I completely forgot that the FX-International Convention is that same day, and I told my friends I'd go with them to that. Looks like I have a decision to make....
Great! Glad to hear that you're coming to this tourney instead of FX International Con.
I want to see some more big names in the community on this thread and at this tournament.
Come on people, now that the gamezone tourney is over, this tourney is the next CFL tourney. Let the real hype begin!!!!

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Hype who is partnering with me... tony? (since retro aint going)

or any better offers XD? if not i wont be doing teams for this...

Registration - 12:00 PM

Doubles Starts: 1:30 PM (it may start later than 1:30 PM depending on how many people show up late).
Lets try to start it at 1:30 if possible so we dont get stuck there too late. The sooner doubles ends the sooner singles starts, and the turnout for singles is normally better than doubles anyways!

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Lets try to start it at 1:30 if possible so we dont get stuck there too late. The sooner doubles ends the sooner singles starts, and the turnout for singles is normally better than doubles anyways!
what you are saying makes perfect sense. the main problem is when a lot of people don't show up on time. I know I sound like some music track on repeat, but this is another example of how much the quality of a tourney depends on the people who come. on that note, everyone please try to come on time and bring setups.

CO18

Smash Hero
Actually they did some testing and shiz or some crap and in the end

Lvl 9 Luigi and Lvl 9 Peach are the best.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
pika + pit???? meta + snake???? meta + pika?????? pit + snake????
im thinkin so, but ill let you know for sure as it gets closer. Ima wait it out a lil before i settle down with a partner so I dont pull a " retro" XD, but we did do really well so its definitely a possibility but ill get back to you soon!

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
1st place doesnt pay if he shows to the next tourney.

if he doesnt win 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, then all three money placers lose out on the entry fee from him.

not that it really matters, just kinda gay.

Gindler

Smash Champion
hey gindler...ill team with you. pika and ness/yoshi. lets do it.
Not teaming with me anymore? :ohwell:

Ha, nah I'm kidding that's fine I know how teammate shenanigans can happen. 20 bucks a team is rather steep for a small tourney :chuckle:

1st place doesnt pay if he shows to the next tourney.

if he doesnt win 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, then all three money placers lose out on the entry fee from him.

not that it really matters, just kinda gay.
I assume the venue will pay his way in...

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
I've made up my mind, and I'm definitely going to this. Get ready to see more 'Sensei Combo!!!' Plus, I'm working on yet another character to add to my arsenal. People will be surprised.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
gindler and galax can team if yall want. Im not sure if im going yet. Plus i might just pick a randomn team mate there idk. ill keep everyone posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom