• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

7/25/09 Gathering Place Games - GP Brawl 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I forget who CO18 went against kei too, first was wolf, second was someone forgetable, third was D3. hmmmm

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
my shoutouts:

nexus: thanks for holding the tourney. im gonna bring by your wii-mote and grab neongenesis if you dont mind.

@EVERYONE: we are gonna beat south florida real soon. we need a really really good MK player though. any takers? we have the snakes and DDD's. a marth could do to...
You're welcome man. I have no problem letting you borrow Evangeleon series. Let me know when you can come by so I'll be home at that time.

Full Singles Results:

1: CO18 ($49.50)
2: HRNut ($22.00)
3: kei ($11.00)
4: <3
5: sensei
5: Mata
7: walnut
7: Spike
9: momgwort
9: Matt Mongiove
9: N3XUS

Fun tourney. I will post shoutouts later along with videos.
I'm glad you had fun today. I think my Falco has gotten a little better against your mario nut I'm still not satisfied with my performance in the match up. Needless to say, we gotta play more. Could you post here when you upload the vids please?

I would've taken this whole thing :D
You should have come man. Hope to see you in the future.

this was a fun tournement

nexus-good ice climbers dude that match was close on lylat 2 gimps but anyways good ice climber
Thanks man, sorry I got your name wrong in the brackets, and I'm glad you had fun. Look forward to playing you in the future.

Shout outs:

N3xus: Good match, man. Your Falco is awesome.
GG's man. I don't know why we started winning after we finished the tourney matches. Guess I'm not a good tourney player.

I have no idea why anyone would hold a tournament there.

Our apartment is way bigger, and we don't take money out of the pot.

There are plenty of peoples houses in CFL that are spacious and would be much better for tournaments.

That room was the size of my closet.

Don't host any more tournaments at that place, please. It's a shiit venue.
LOL WTF is you're deal man? As I look at the gamezone thread, I see nothing but positive and supportive comments from you, and since you came yesterday, you know that GP can hold more people than gamezone and their tourneys are just as fun. The only thing I saw that could be fixed is the removal of the extra shelves and other necessary stuff, and we should have the tables along the wall next time. So yeah, I'm just having a little trouble making logical sense out of your post.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
now for some shot outs...

<3 - fun doing doubles as usual. Did a lot better against Hbox and kyon and I feel next time we'll do a lot better and go farther. and thanks for beating me in singles jerk! what we should of done was just go random singles cause that would of been better i think :p

Teeco - fun actually playing with you so that was a good time. Really good rob so i definitely have to get a little more practice in. I dont know what you're talking about off your game cause you were on it yesterday ha

Walnut - Really glad i got to play you. Never really had any good Mario experience but you showed me some yesterday it was pretty awesome. ha im never jumping off the edge again against a mario player.

HRnut - thanks for that redue last match :p but it was fun playing though. Lucky you misplaced that last mine on Norfair though. it was good so dont worry next time i'll try to give you a better match just watch out for Ivy cause he's going to go crazy.

Hbox & Kyon - doubles went a lot better then last time actually really close matches. good peach and D3 team except for that second match when Hbox was playing just button mashing and playing with his eyes close.

Drkson (rob and diddy) - friendlies we're fun and dont worry we were all off our game yesterday ha. you did fine just a little off.

Mgwort - still have to play your kirby and see how my PT will match up against you.

Gallax - seems like your getting better and better each time so thats good. keep practicing that Pika cause you gotta start killing!

Kei and Gindler - Fun doubles match even though I dont know how you go so fart to the loser bracket with us :p Good job on winning and good job kei on getting 3rd for singles. Gindler you need to do some singles now!

Rx - make sure tap jump is on for PT cause you could do a lot more with squirtle and own. fun doing dittos though we'll have to do it again sometime. and stop complaining about tournaments...If you dont like them don't go.

crsn - if you want some advice for PT just ask, its nice to know another starting out PT player.

sorry if i forgot anyone but fun tournament, really enjoyed everything even the homeless man trying to get in walnut and kei car.

Gindler

Smash Champion
lol PT>>>DK . mata scares me now really bad. i do not want to play him in a tournament.
Lol, mata has gotten pretty beast. He makes yoshi's CG on squirtle worthless now (harder to grab than a wario :))

once mata stop jumping into sheilds and getting himself gimped he'll be so good.
He should try the empty jump behind shield into grab, I like doing that with wolf. :laugh:

Ha, and lending Kei my controller probably wasn't the best idea. That float cancel nonsense wrecked my joystick

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
ha alright i'll stop jumping into shields and gimping myself starting today :p

not sure what your talking about gindler...you'll have to show me next time.

Dierksen

Smash Rookie
now for some shot outs...

<3 - fun doing doubles as usual. Did a lot better against Hbox and kyon and I feel next time we'll do a lot better and go farther. and thanks for beating me in singles jerk! what we should of done was just go random singles cause that would of been better i think :p

Teeco - fun actually playing with you so that was a good time. Really good rob so i definitely have to get a little more practice in. I dont know what you're talking about off your game cause you were on it yesterday ha

Walnut - Really glad i got to play you. Never really had any good Mario experience but you showed me some yesterday it was pretty awesome. ha im never jumping off the edge again against a mario player.

HRnut - thanks for that redue last match :p but it was fun playing though. Lucky you misplaced that last mine on Norfair though. it was good so dont worry next time i'll try to give you a better match just watch out for Ivy cause he's going to go crazy.

Hbox & Kyon - doubles went a lot better then last time actually really close matches. good peach and D3 team except for that second match when Hbox was playing just button mashing and playing with his eyes close.

Drkson (rob and diddy) - friendlies we're fun and dont worry we were all off our game yesterday ha. you did fine just a little off.

Mgwort - still have to play your kirby and see how my PT will match up against you.

Gallax - seems like your getting better and better each time so thats good. keep practicing that Pika cause you gotta start killing!

Kei and Gindler - Fun doubles match even though I dont know how you go so fart to the loser bracket with us :p Good job on winning and good job kei on getting 3rd for singles. Gindler you need to do some singles now!

Rx - make sure tap jump is on for PT cause you could do a lot more with squirtle and own. fun doing dittos though we'll have to do it again sometime. and stop complaining about tournaments...If you dont like them don't go.

crsn - if you want some advice for PT just ask, its nice to know another starting out PT player.

sorry if i forgot anyone but fun tournament, really enjoyed everything even the homeless man trying to get in walnut and kei car.
Dierksen (Drksn) so you know. And thanks bro. Haha

Kei-Kei

Smash Cadet
Lol, mata has gotten pretty beast. He makes yoshi's CG on squirtle worthless now (harder to grab than a wario :))

He should try the empty jump behind shield into grab, I like doing that with wolf. :laugh:

Ha, and lending Kei my controller probably wasn't the best idea. That float cancel nonsense wrecked my joystick
oh really x.x; ? maybe thats why all my controllers start to go to ****.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Yeah kei, stop breaking stuff! Hey tony I finally got my controller fixed and it was kinda annoying getting those screws back out without the special screwdriver. Just so everyone knows, I'm looking into what day to host the next GP tourney. So keep checking back here and I'll keep you posted. Oh yeah, HRNut, I'm kickin you out of Luigi's mansion. That's my house now.

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Alright, first off, let me apologize to all the people who played friendlies on the youtube tv before the tourney. Thanks to the craptacular windows movie maker, the program ended up crashing during some of the streaming and i lost all those friendlies :(

Anyways, I did get a few tourney matches recorded though, so here are links to the matches I've got.

Doubles:
Blaccuweather Forecast vs. Blue Bunny 1
Blaccuweather Forecast vs. Blue Bunny 2
Blaccuweather Forecast vs. Blue Bunny 3
Blaccuweather Forecast vs. Chubby Chasers 1
Blaccuweather Forecast vs. Chubby Chasers 2

Singles:
Sensei vs. HRNut 1
Sensei vs. HRNut 2
Sensei vs. Mohongwort 1
Sensei vs. Mohongwort 2
<3 vs. N3xus 1
<3 vs. N3xus 2
Sensei vs. Walnut 1
Sensei vs. Walnut 2

I also got all those friendlies that took place after the tourney, but I'll upload those tomorrow. I wanted to get the tourney sets that I had up first. I apologize again to anyone who was in a match that the footage got lost.

Now that those are out the way, I never gave my shoutouts for this tourney.

Walnut: You already know what it is. Mario FTW. Plus your Snake is getting better, just need to learn the matchups.
HRNut: It was good to officially face you in tourney. I did better than I expected, but I think my nerves got the best of me.
CRSN: It was good teaming with you. We'll have to practice the cape **** more for doubles next time.
HBox and Kyon: Good Games. I need to find a way around that D3.
Gallax and Tony: Good games. Check out our set on youtube. And Tony, awesome friendlies after the tourney.
Mohongwort: This kid is the future of smash!! No joke. I couldn't believe it when I saw you almost take out CO18. GG's in our set also.
Kei: ***** me in our set, no lie. I had to redeem myself the second match, but still your Peach is too good. I need to learn that matchup. Good job taking 3rd.
TEECO: GG's on the friendlies. I'm starting to learn the ROB matchup more, but your ROB is still beast.
Spike: Good seeing you there. We need to get some friendlies in next time.
<3: Your Sheik AND Bowser are too good. We need to play more.
Mata: I still haven't played you in singles yet! We need to change that next tourney.
N3xus: Thanks for hosting the tourney first of all. We had some good sets in doubles, unfortunately I went **** mode when it was 2 vs 1 lol. And your Falco is getting better. I got all those friendly matches from after the tourney recorded and I went Mario in at least half of them so sooner or later you will learn that matchup inside and out lol.

Anyone else I forgot, GG's and see you guys at gamezone next week.

gallax

Smash Hero
if there is anyone trying to break into my car im gonna blame you n3xus. so who wants to team with me for this?

tony? kei? gindler? teeco? spike? hrnut? hbox?

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Lol I just park in the back so I didn't have to worry, but you would know that until know ha ha ha.

mohongwort

Smash Cadet
if your going to this make sure you bring yugioh cards/pokemon cards cause you will be bored not doing a match

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Why am I not surprised that you posted what you did retro? Why am I not surprised?
Don't you know we're just messin around, and that we got nothin but love for the kid?
You two should kirby ditto, I'm curious as to what the result would be.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
the best kirby in FL isn't HRnut anymore......

I wanna go.

Thanks for the vids sensei.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom