• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: U.N Owen Was Jigglypuff LIVESTREAM!!!- JUNE 27TH NORTH NJ

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
LIVESTREAM HERE

U.N OWENS WAS JIGGLYPUFF

Starring Jigal Le Puf!!!

WATCH VIDEO HERE

LIVESTREAM LINK http://followingrevolution.com/frtc/?page_id=31

Gee Wiz Dapuffster, why should I come to this tournament?

The Venue I'm hosting this tournament at is non other than my Mom's Jazzersize Center.

• [*] It can fit up to 150 people and its 4,000 Square Feet
    [*] Wireless connection in the Entire Building
    [*] Livestream with Commentary!
    [*] A PA System. This IS Jazzerice you know. Speakers are everywhere! The person calling the matches can get everyone's attention with ease. They can also call the match any where they want because they'll be wearing a headset.
    [*] There is food all around the area, within like 2 miles are Mcdonalds, Wendys, Pizza Hut, IHOP, Fridays. You can walk to the Hogie Shop, or you can get delivery from Pizza Hut.
    [*] I'm supplying 5 TVS on my own already.
    [*] During Friendlies there will be TV's for Brawl+, Melee, SSB64, and Texture Hacks!

Date

Saturday, June 27th, 2009

Time

11am - Venue Opens
Noon - Doubles and Low Tier Doubles Starts
*Low Tier Singles Start as soon as one of the doubles tourneys finishes*
5pm - Singles Start

19 State Route 10 E
Succasunna, NJ 07876-1748

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Succasunna&state=NJ&address=19+State+Route+10+E&zipcode=07876-1748

Descriptive Location

When coming down route 10 your not going to be turning onto a street but rather into a strip mall, on the right side of rt 10 East, after you pass a street called Eyland you'll come across a tiny rail road track, about a few feet after that there should be a super smash bros brawl sign and an abby carpet visible. Take a right into there and then you should be in like this strip mall. Go past the first set of stores and then there should be a building behind it that says ONE somewhere on it. Take the left there and then use the parking spots around to the left. Walk back to the front of the ONE building and you'll probably see either a smash bros sign or if not a Jazzersice sign, then your at the right place.

Price

Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 per team (Low Tier Doubles is 10 per team)
Low Tiers: $5
Venue Fee: $5

Payouts

Doubles: 60/30/10
Singles: 60/30/10
Low Tier: 60/30/10
Low Tier Doubles: 70/30

Will Modify to Pay out Top 4 or 5 entrants depending on how many people show up.

Singles

• 3 Stock
  • 8 minute time
  • No stalling or running away to purposely run out the time limit (running out minimal time is one thing, multiple minutes is just ridiculous)
  • First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
  • Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
  • You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.
  • If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You can not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
  • No MK infinite cape
  • Currently DDD's infinite and small-step chaingrabs are banned.
  • Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling.
  • If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
  • Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
  • If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
  • If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
  • GOTM's Rule Modified: Standard Dedede chain grabbing is allowed, but greatly encouraged to be used as much as possible on Inui. lol.

Neutral Stages
    • Final Destination
    • Battlefield
    • Smashville

Counterpick stages
    • Delfino Plaza
    • Castle Siege
    • Frigate Orpheon
    • Battleship Halberd
    • Rainbow Cruise
    • Brinstar
    • Pokemon Stadium
    • JungleJapes
    • Lylat Cruise
    • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Doubles
  • Same standard rules and stages as singles.
  • Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.
  • Stock sharing is allowed.
  • Team Attack is on.

Low Tier Singles

All rules for low tier singles are the same as standard singles with the exception of which characters are allowed to be played in the tournament. Only the following characters are allowed:
  • Bowser
  • Zelda
  • Pokémon Trainer
  • Ike
  • Lucas
  • Mario
  • Ness
  • Yoshi
  • Samus
  • Jigglypuff
  • Link
  • Captain Falcon
  • Ganondorf
  • Solo Popo
  • Solimar

This will change if a new tier list comes out before the tournament.

Other Rules
  • Please arrive on time. If you are late, I can not guarantee you a spot in whatever tourney you are late for.
  • There are no refunds
  • Whether you are in a tourney or not, if you are in the venue you must pay the venue fee
  • Trash talking is allowed, and is encouraged! We love the hype! However, please do not distract the players too much at their discretion. Respect their right to focus on a match
  • Any destruction of anyone's property at the venue will not be tolerated, and in the case of such an event, you will be asked to leave.
  • No drugs, alcohol, or any crap like that in there. If you have any, you will be kicked out.
  • You may not be a commentator on the live stream without first having consent by myself, or any other approved tourney helper there. If you are commentating on the live stream, please act professional. Focus more on the match at hand instead of giving people tons of shutouts in the chat. No cursing at all. By all means keep it lively and fun though, but it will be monitored for possible business relation opportunities with the ECRC2.
  • Chibo's Videos For The Masses Rule: By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match.
  • Other standard rules apply, don't be stupid, lets all have an awesome time!

TV's
  • Dapuffster - 8
  • Camalange - 1

Wii Consoles
  • Dapuffster - 1 Wii, 1 GC, 1 N64
  • Chibo - 1 Wii
  • Camalange - 1 Wii
  • Xzax - 1 Wii

Entrants
    Bold=Definitely Going
  • Dapuffster
  • Dapuffster's Dad
  • SilentScOper
    [*] ChiboSempai
    [*] Keitaro
  • Kai
  • Cross
    [*] Vex Kasrani
    [*] Xzax
  • .Com
  • noodles416
  • KayLo
  • Palpi
  • NME-TempesT
  • NME-Tymer
  • NME-Kiwi
  • Rukkiko
  • JBand
  • M2k
  • PhillyRider
  • Aztec
    [*] Inui
  • Kai
  • Kush! (Tbagz)
  • Coke! (Graz)
  • Pants
  • BTK

Contact
You may contact (me) Jigglymaster via
-PM
-email: marioflys[at]yahoo[.]com (remove brackets)
aim: dapuffster2
cell phone - 973-459-9858

Pictures of the Venue
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7678/dsc00248v.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9393/newfloor.jpg

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
this is gonna be amazing, i cant wait

although ouch at the cp stages - can u plz take off yoshis island brawl? lol

also why not the standard 5 neutrals with stage striking procedure?

edit: o wait its yoshis island brawl, not melee lol. disregard that

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
This sound Jigglymastastic!!

I'm sure ill be there.

inb4Inui: DON'T LISTEN TO INUI REGARDING CPS!!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
put the words somethin like brawl tourney in the title lol
i think UN Owen Was Jigglypuff is just confusing ppl lol

THIS SHOULD HAVE WAY MORE HYPE WTF - ITS BEEN POSTED FOR LIKE 6 HOURS PPL STEP IT UP

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
fest sounds misleading lol

this is a giant tourney, not a tiny lil fest lol

if ur out of room in the title, take out the city name and put North NJ

JFox

Smash Hero
The name of this tournament is bad enough that I actually clicked on a BRAWL tournament thread (which I have no interest in attending) just to post how bad this tourney name is. In other words, its so bad that I took time out of my life to tell you how bad it is even though I couldn't care less about this tourney. Its so bad that I actually feel bad for you.

That is how bad the name of this tourney is.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
The name of this tournament is bad enough that I actually clicked on a BRAWL tournament thread (which I have no interest in attending) just to post how bad this tourney name is. In other words, its so bad that I took time out of my life to tell you how bad it is even though I couldn't care less about this tourney. Its so bad that I actually feel bad for you.

That is how bad the name of this tourney is.
Ur Just Jelous.

10jigglypuffs

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the fact that the name was so bad that it got ppl posting here means its amazing and doing its job lol

i love the accompanying vid

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'll probably come to this.

It's close enough, and it'll be good practice right before Genesis.

No idea where Succa-wherever is, though.... o.o

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Indeed it is. I come up with the best tournament names lol.

It makes the hype hyper.
I saw no Simpsons reference in the tourny title so it is fail. My apologies.

Anyway, how come its not for another couple of months? I'm definitely coming regardless but I'm curious to know why it's such a while away, unless of course you couldn't access the venue before that date.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I saw no Simpsons reference in the tourny title so it is fail. My apologies.

Anyway, how come its not for another couple of months? I'm definitely coming regardless but I'm curious to know why it's such a while away, unless of course you couldn't access the venue before that date.
1. Its a big enough place to be a regional tourney so I want to give it time for people to notice it.

2. I preferred to have this tournament once I got out of school and started summer.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Did somebody say texture hax?????
I can try to make it to this, just gotta find out how long of a drive it is from Philly to Suscawhatchamacallit. I'm in Jersey all the time and never even heard of this place. If I do come i might bring my Wii which has Brawl+ and texture hax on it.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Yes atm we are way ahead on TV's then wii's lol.

If people can bring both thats great, but if your deciding on one or the other than plz bring a wii lol.

Cause Tv's are great w/o the game.

NME-TempesT

Smash Rookie
Low Tiers is sick though, I'll be probably coming and bring my brother and sister from CT soooo...yea. If I can go I can probably bring a wii and brawl if needed.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Dapuffster's Dad's coming?? ****!! That's auto 2nd no matter who comes. I heard he beat M2K with Lucas jv 5 stock on Fountain of Dreams in Brawl.

NME-TempesT

Smash Rookie
Just so you know my brother and sister should be coming for entrants (NME-Tymer and NME-Kiwi), this is once again, assuming I can make the 2 hour drive

SilentSc0per

Smash Cadet
I see 2 posts of this on the tournament page and on the atlantic north page. Since I havent posted on this one I'll just quote my other post to this.
Ive never noticed how Im only 8 mins away from this tourney. :eek:

Put me up on the list Puff, Im bringing my Wii, and im definitley going to this.

Top Bottom