• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3rd on the tier list, really?

J-Money

Smash Apprentice
How does it feel to be right below mk and snake in a tier list? Are you afraid that with wario climbing up the ranks, people will start to complain that he is overpowered with his stubby legs and round tummy?

b0wzr!

Smash Cadet
Overpowered? Nah.
Hearing people complain? Yah.

When someone gets beaten by a high tier character, most people complain.
Meta Knight for example.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Not really, I'm sorry but people like Spammer who only hit you once then jump around forever doesn't make it seem too hard to use Wario. the only thing really needed is patience, lots and lots of patience.

Gichan

Smash Champion
True, but it was sooooo close against ****ing Ally!

I wouldn't want Wario so high on the list considering he is nowhere near as easy to use as Falco, Mk, and Snake. So yeah, he shouldn't be that high.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
I do not think that Learning curves and such do not have to do with effectiveness.
All it takes is more effort.

Right now I probaly suck him, having picked him up a week.

Buy maybe one day I can master him.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Spamerer did well b/c he's a very good, very smart player. If you are patient but can't predict anything worth ****, you can try to camp as much as you want and you will probably lose, lol.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Good point phantom, I like how you tell me how I'm wrong unlike a certain idiot, Excellence you're soo cool!! Can you please be my role model? ******.

J-Money

Smash Apprentice
Spamerer did well b/c he's a very good, very smart player. If you are patient but can't predict anything worth ****, you can try to camp as much as you want and you will probably lose, lol.
not to mention is amazing di.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's not a far fetched of an Idea for Wario to be that high. His learning curve will always be a problem, so will Marth.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Marth's biggest problem isn't his learning curve, it's his bad matchup with MK. If MK didn't exist Marth would easily be top 5.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Its like saying that Fox and Falco arent top tier in Melee =\
Fox is. Falco... not so much.
Wario WOULD be third if it wasn't for those grab releases.

RPK

Smash Lord
Yeah, those grab releases **** Wario pretty bad. But everyone has some thorn in their side. For Wario its grab release. For other characters its Pikachu.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
That's just the current idea of Wario. There are probably more efficient ways of playing Wario. And Spammer lost because he killed Ally with his down-b.

RPK

Smash Lord
Wait, wait, wait...He lost because he KILLED Ally with his down-b. Wtf? Your saying it wasnt a bright idea to take his stock? Be more clear =\

Ace55

Smash Lord
Fox is. Falco... not so much.
Wario WOULD be third if it wasn't for those grab releases.
Wait rewind, you think Falco isn't top tier? What game were you playing?

Not to mention Fox got chain grabbed by everyone and their mother. If the character is good enough stuff like that won't stop him.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Grab release is not that big of a deal against higher tier characters, though.
Metaknight can't do it, and Snake you can just smash DI out of what Snake is going to do to you. Sure, he gets a free uptilt, but uptilt is as easy to land as a grab. >_>

Gichan

Smash Champion
Grab release is not that big of a deal against higher tier characters, though.
Metaknight can't do it, and Snake you can just smash DI out of what Snake is going to do to you. Sure, he gets a free uptilt, but uptilt is as easy to land as a grab. >_>
Wow, that is suc a good point, stupid Snake and his broken *****.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
I hate the grab releases, my friend uses Captain Falcon and he can nail the Sweet Knee of Justice every time so when he grabs me im always screwed and get hit with 21 % or so. He always kills me like that and to hti me anotehr time before i fly off teh screen he tells me to show my moves, and i cant cuz im dead D:

BUT IM ECSTATIC THAT WARIO IS THIRD IN OVER ALL TOURNEY LISTINGS

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yes, Ally is broken. I'm just saying though, the grab release to utilt is a biotch, other than that though, I usually do well against Snakes.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
LOL, Don't get grabbed.

and anyways, doesn't Snake have a high learning curve? Yet he is still 2nd.
Or is it just false info?

Timbers

check me out
learning curve=/=amazing character

I'd be surprised if Wario didn't pass Falco, but Falco needs to fall on the list anyways imo lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think Wario should be over the characters that are fairly easy to gay with camping from a growing list of characters(Dedede and Falco for example have trouble with Wario himself, G&W, Pit, Pikachu, and they also have trouble with IC's pretty bad overall). They just seem too easy to counterpick compared to Wario. He certainly has fewer bad matchups than either Dedede or Falco.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Only bad matchup is Marth, otherwise Wario has no real bad matchups. I still think the MK matchup is 50:50, just DI the Dsmash and really MK has no killing power.

Popertop

Smash Champion
without grab releases, I would put him as number one.

and Marth isn't impossible at all.

I just can't fight certain characters with Wario lol. (Sheik, Meta, Falco)

Gichan

Smash Champion
^

Yes, that is extremely gay. Especially since the cg on Falco isn't really working for me...I feel the timing is a little too demanding, BALLS. Fiction, aren't you pro against Falcos now?

Top Bottom