• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3rd on the tier list, really?

Gichan

Smash Champion
I was thinking the other day, yeah Wario may get 3rd in the tier list, cause he owns. BUT, the reason why Wario may seem so high or that he is winning tournies is becasue when the other characters looked too good, people found ways around them to eventually beat them. That means that Wario will be next, people will concentrate on his weaknesses and owning him. Something we are going to deal with soon.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I was thinking the other day, yeah Wario may get 3rd in the tier list, cause he owns. BUT, the reason why Wario may seem so high or that he is winning tournies is becasue when the other characters looked too good, people found ways around them to eventually beat them. That means that Wario will be next, people will concentrate on his weaknesses and owning him. Something we are going to deal with soon.
Their way of dealing with us was grab release, and that hasn't stopped us, lol.

Gichan

Smash Champion
It's going to suck when there are a million wario mains, making him gay like Falco and ****. I liked going to tournies being the only wario or one of two, lol.

Gichan

Smash Champion
one of two or three people that play wario well (bold and underline this word)

Meaning there are other warios there to, but aren't good? What happens when they eventually become good? What happens when others see Wario is good, and pick him up, LOLOLOL. Jokes, what an exxageration. Unfortunately for ZSS mains, they must be sad cause ZSS is becoming popular.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
ZSS is just currently becoming popular. She is quite powerful in the right hands, you have to play her meticulously though.

But seriously, how many top tier characters have only 1-2 Matchups that are 40:60 at worst? Not even someone fairly solid at matchups (Marth) can compete with a record like that.

Wario, at his absolute peak, is probably #2. Right after him I think someone like Diddy or Marth is #3.

Now, something I think you all should notice:

Wario technically has a low number of placings. He has like 50 or so placings on this current list, while Falco and Dedede have like 70+. He is winning bigger tournaments/placing high at the bigger tournaments. Otherwise he would easily be behind. So, you might have to question whether the point system has an accurate ratio for small tourneys compared to large tourneys. Should it mean more for a character to place top 3 at a 100 person tourney or a 50 person tourney when both of them have the same skill level/even the same people?

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
I'm not sure Wario will get super popular. I mean, sure, he's a great character, but he's weird.

I just don't think he's likable/comfortable enough for most people to play him.
We're a select breed.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I just know that Wario is an amazing character lol. Gosh, Sheik mains like me have a long way to go..

Timbers

check me out
ZSS is just currently becoming popular. She is quite powerful in the right hands, you have to play her meticulously though.

But seriously, how many top tier characters have only 1-2 Matchups that are 40:60 at worst? Not even someone fairly solid at matchups (Marth) can compete with a record like that.

Wario, at his absolute peak, is probably #2. Right after him I think someone like Diddy or Marth is #3.

Now, something I think you all should notice:

Wario technically has a low number of placings. He has like 50 or so placings on this current list, while Falco and Dedede have like 70+. He is winning bigger tournaments/placing high at the bigger tournaments. Otherwise he would easily be behind. So, you might have to question whether the point system has an accurate ratio for small tourneys compared to large tourneys. Should it mean more for a character to place top 3 at a 100 person tourney or a 50 person tourney when both of them have the same skill level/even the same people?
what happened to snake lol.

Even if you want to argue that Wario is better than Snake, there is no way in a frozen hell that Marth or Diddy is better than Snake.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well think about it:

Snake has a lot of bad and very even matchups. Pika, Dedede, Wario, MK, Olimar, Diddy, Rob, and I know some people count Falco in there as well.

I'm pretty sure Marth and Diddy don't have that many bad or even matchups.

IDK I value Diddy's absurd OOS game compared to what Snake has.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
And Wario goes even with MK, nuff said.

Really, once there are a ton of Warios, us big mainers will still be a step ahead with expiriance. Not to mention grab releasing a Wario to waft O.o

Top Bottom