• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
MyAnimeList Accounts of (Mostly Regular) Posters
SWF Name: MAL Profile - Anime List (MALgraph Detailed Analysis)

For anyone that cares enough to want to be added to this list, just post in this thread the link to your MAL account, and I'll add you when I see your post.

[collapse=The history of how this thread came to be called what it is today, for those that care.]First off, if you don't know what "tsundere" and "yandere" mean, click HERE and HERE.

This thread was originally started by Steel2nd (Steel now), as a K-ON! thread when the anime first came out. K-ON!'s cuteness caused this thread to get a fast stream of posts about it every week as more episodes aired. Afterwards, when the K-ON! hype died down, Steel changed the thread to the KyoAni/Key thread due to recommendations from people, since Kyoto Animation and Key (visual novel studio that Kyoto Animation has done many adaptations from) were the primary things that were talked about at this point.
Occasionally, Steel would change the thread title on a whim, often (more like always) to something witty. This thread would on occasion go off topic quite a bit, and a couple of times, mods/admins (Mic128 one of the time) had to come it to tell us that this isn't meant to be a social group, and that if we wish to continue, this will be locked and we can continue by making a social group about it. (The funny thing is, Steel had previous made a social group for a similar purpose to this, but no one posts there with the existence of this thread due to the combination of no way of getting notified of posts there at the time, as well as, for some people, not 1up-ing posting count.) We would also get told to change the thread title to something more sensible and specific so that people will actually know what the thread was about (I think it was called the "Moe Thread" at that point in time). (When the 2nd season of K-ON! aired, I suggested to Steel that we should temporary change the thread title to K-ON!, and talk about it (exactly) like everyone did before, for nostalgia's sake. That was something memorable for me. LOL)
Time passed, and Steel somehow abandoned anime (he was so into it before, too), so he, being an Administrator at this point, decided to transfer the thread to me, changing the first post of the thread to be mine, after everyone in this thread (everyone that spoke up, anyway) agreeing to this. At the point, this thread was called "The Tsundere Thread (with some anime)". After the transfer, I decided to be "less" discriminate towards the other ~dere archtypes, so I changed the thread title to "The ~dere Thread ...but mostly the tsun-type (with some anime...)". But Steel, being very anti-yandere, quickly noticed and wasn't having any of that, so he added the "(and never the yan)" part. A lot of people, including myself, though it was funny (even the yandere-lovers laughed), so I kept it as that...
...and here were are.

The title didn't often matter unless it's for the purpose of informing random posters that decide to drop in, only to never be heard of again afterwards, as regular posters of the thread know exactly what this thread is about, and how we conduct business 'round here. New posters eventually adapt over time if they stay long enough, and when they do, it' becomes 2nd nature of them.

A long time later, I decided to shorten the title a bit (without taking any of the meaning away, of course) to add in "CHECK 1st POST", so that new people would stop coming in, being clueless about the thread, and start asking questions. It also makes newcomers aware that such a list exists, without me having to tell every new person that comes here to check out the first post.

~Perfect Chaos[/collapse]

Last edited:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Haha... well.. they look really cute...!

I might check it out because of that fact alone.

Vts

Smash Champion
maybe i'll let jack tell me if its good first before i waste my time on it.

or if anyone else i trust to tell me its good :).

the quality of the anime i must say is amazing once again i'm amazed by how far anime has come.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol I have a feeling this anime is gonna be really fanservice-y

humorous plot, very very cute girls, very clean animation quality

probably gonna be even more gimmicky than Kannagi

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yeah, that's exactly what's gonna draw viewers
and otaku

like me....

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I watched the OP several times in HQ, haha.

I didn't know Youtube could have that kind of quality now o.o

Vts

Smash Champion
hey chok be a bro and tell me if this is any good cus i'll most likely forget about it since FMA and Dogs/bullets & Carnage is also coming out and few others on that list i got from 4chan lol

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
im planning to watch this as the WS ver is broadcast
im tired of the 4:3
looks good tho

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Haha I'll let u know vts, i'm downloading the first episode now.

God they are so cute

maybe they'll surpass the kannagi chars on the cuteness level

maybe..?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
kannagi was just "good" to me.. not one of my favorites. i think i will really like this one though

Vts

Smash Champion
Haha I'll let u know vts, i'm downloading the first episode now.

God they are so cute

maybe they'll surpass the kannagi chars on the cuteness level

maybe..?
maybe on the cuteness factor beating kannagi.

<3

i like the one on keyboard since i love piano and keyboard lol.

but all look so cute like man do i really wanna hit that or just stare at how cute she is lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
perhaps lucky star + music lol

or BECK MONGOLIAN CHOP SQUAD with girls

dangit... bad link! gahhh is there a sub out yet?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
animesuki.com

unless you dont care for quality then just google search ep 1

BTW DO NOT download the one by Chihiro or w/e.. click on the one with like 2300 peers . its a troll sub and apparetnly a "late april fools joke"

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
lol chihiro is terrible subbing quality
never download from them

ill guess ill get it now with all this hype from here and other sites

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm mainly watching this because it's made by Kyoto Animation. I love their work, since anything and everything they make are always awesome!
So I saw the first episode about 24 hours ago, and since then, I've been listening to the OP and ED theme over and over (especially the OP theme, "Cagayake! GIRLS"). And when I'm not listening to it, it plays in my head. I love it so much, but it's still annoying sometimes when I need to focus on something but can't get it out of my head. XD
I really like the first episode. It was pretty interesting and funny. I especially like Yui. She's so awkward, but that bubbly personality of hers is so cute and charming for some reason. Yui's currently my favorite, with Mio as a close second, followed by Tsumugi. I don't really like Ritsu that much, at the moment.

Fun fact: I find it interesting that the family names of the four main girls are named after former members of the disbanded band "P-Model". In addition, the instrument used by each of the four girls also matches with the instrument used by the cooresponding P-Model member.
Yui Hirasawa from Susumu Hirasawa (Guitar)
Mio Akiyama from Katsuhiko Akiyama (Bass)
Ritsu Tainaka from Sadatoshi Tainaka (Drum)
Tsumugi Kotobuki from Hikaru Kotobuki (Keyboard).
In addition, there are other characters that have family names matching those from the band "the pillows" (one of my friend's favorite artist). They include:
Sawako Yamanaka from Sawao Yamanaka (lead vocal & rhythm guitar)
Nodoka Manabe from Yoshiaki Manabe (lead guitar).

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace

Yeah i really have absolutely no comment on this thread whatsoever I just felt it was necessary to break the combo of everyone posting in this thread having Anime avatars(All but one female) just going "OMMGGGG SO CUUUUUUUUTTTEE <33333" every thread needs some negativity. : D

I generally think it looks rather crap because I have no interest in Anime's that exist for no reason other then to spark some truly disgusting fanfics on Deviant Art. But I must at least agree with one guys comment about the quality of the animation being pretty good compared to the genre as a whole. It's often pretty absymal how sometimes entire conversations can be made with one looped animation of the same three mouth moving animations. It's nice to see an Anime getting away from that poor quality of work. Even if I do hate it all the same.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Lol that's a bit of a cynical view on anime. I guess I can see where you're coming from.

But hey, we are guys. A bunch of cute girls forming a band? I'd watch it. They all have lovable personalities, and the story is very simple.

I guess slice-of-life animes are sort of an acquired taste with anime watchers... if you can handle Lucky Star, you can definitely handle this.

so vts.... it's up to you if you want to watch it or not haha. Check out the 1st episode. If you like it, you like it. If it screams BORING, then that's what it'll be.

And God they are so cute. I can't help it.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Lol that's a bit of a cynical view
That's how I roll.

But hey, we are guys. A bunch of cute girls forming a band? I'd watch it.
Ehhhhhhhh I'd like to think guys in general are a little harder to entertain then this, what happened to substance? Would you say people like you are the norm? I truly don't know. : D

Lucky Star
*Foetal position*

so vts.... it's up to you if you want to watch it or not haha. Check out the 1st episode. If you like it, you like it. If it screams BORING, then that's what it'll be.
Well obviously. Thanks for your wise words but I don't really think I need someone to specifically tell me "If you like it you'll enjoy it but if you don't you won't" for the idea to sink in. : D What does vts mean though?

And God they are so cute. I can't help it.
No comment.

I don't really see them as cute at all. The word "Sickly" is in fact the first thing that comes to mind.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The word "Troll" is in fact the first thing that comes to mind.
That's how I roll.
More like...
That's how I troll.
I guess some people have to take up some of their time to unnecessarily bash on others in order to feel better about themselves. Why are you even reading this thread in the first place if you are so anti-anime? And as for avatars, you're talking about ours, when yours is simply some female's body... I guess I shouldn't be "feeding the troll", but oh well... :ohwell:

But to answer your question, "Vts" is the username of someone that has posted in this thread, so choknater wasn't even talking to you when he said that. :laugh:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
This looks cool, I'm going to give this series a shot. Wow, this would be the third thing today that made me glad. =D

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
The word "Troll" is in fact the first thing that comes to mind.
More like...
Ahahaha. I've already given my comments about people who don't have the faintest clue about trolling here before. I won't do it again. Don't try and constantly point out something you can neither recognise nor understand please.

I guess some people have to take up some of their time to unnecessarily bash on others in order to feel better about themselves. Why are you even reading this thread in the first place if you are so anti-anime?
Or maybe in fact some people can hold a discussion about something they don't really like or agree with without attacking people? Maybe I was just happening to chat about the Anime as that's what this whole thread was about and I slipped in that i am not a fan of the genre in general nor this show to clarify where I stand? There was no bashing shown or implied to the people in this thread.

Now you'll see me attacking you.

Get the **** over yourself. Everyone who dislikes something is not making a personal attack at you or your most closely held hopes and feelings. Not everything is about you and the level of arrogance that you display in this post is ungodly. Shut the hell up and learn to be able to hold a conversation with somebody who may not like something you do without it degrading to a personal "You vs Us" war. The sooner you realise that not everybody gives a crap about things you hold dear but that doesn't mean they hate you or should be treated with hostility the sooner you may actually be able to get somewhere in life socially. Because if youc an only communicate without hostility with those who share the exact same opinion and sentiments as you in every situation then you have a very serious social issue and need to learn to talk to people. A discussion is just that, discussion and it is free for anyone to participate in for whatever reason they see fit whether it be fandom or simply boredom. Accept other people and shut the **** up. It's partly oversensitive idiots like you that give the Anime community such a bad name to others not involved with it you know.

Love Xia~

<3

And as for avatars, you're talking about ours, when yours is simply some female's body...
:O A FEMALE'S BODY???????!!!!!11

But to answer your question, "Vts" is the username of someone that has posted in this thread, so choknater wasn't even talking to you when he said that. :laugh:
Haha yes I see that now. He was quoting me and the comment kinda made sense when thrown in my direction. I assumed vts was some kind of acronym. My bad. : D

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Well

Your first comment was that you have no real input except that you didn't like our avatars

Your second comment was you thought it was utter crap, but it doesn't seem you like anime in general.

This thread is for a new anime, something that a lot of people like. Why are you here and why do you feel the need to express your thoughts if you have nothing good to say?

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Well

Your first comment was that you have no real input except that you didn't like our avatars
Lies! I commented that everyone had Anime Avatars. Where did I say anything about not liking them. Your slander hurts me. :(

our second comment was you thought it was utter crap, but it doesn't seem you like anime in general.
I said at a glance it looks rather crap to me because I don't like Anime's in general and this one seemed rather unsubstantial to me. I was expecting someone to disagree with this and I was wondering if it does have a little more to it. Maybe not being too self absorbed could be a good thing. Heaven knows too many Anime's try to take themselves far too seriously. I also commented on how the quality looked pretty good for an anime. But I guess you wanna skip over all the nice comments focus on the bad ones and misinterpret the neutral ones eh? Are you as a community ("You" meaning general Anime Fans) really so desperate to defend your "precious" that you actively try to seek out attacks and respond where there are none? It seems to be the quite the trend to shoot first and ask questions later eh?

This thread is for a new anime, something that a lot of people like. Why are you here and why do you feel the need to express your thoughts if you have nothing good to say?
Eh I'm not an Anime lover or into the genre. Doesn't mean I can't peek around at it now and again if I'm bored or just happen to stumble across something by accident does it? Indeed how can someone truly say they dislike something when they have no experience in it. I poke around the community form time to time looking at stuff and talking to people. It never hurts to try not to be ignorant you know. Hell if I end up finding something I like then all the better. It's one more Jewel in the rough I wasn't expecting to find. Everyone likes a pleasant surprise no? Try not to be so defensive when there is no need for it.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Frankly, I don't really care if others have different interests as me. Everyone is different, so I don't expect everyone to like what I like. It's just that when someone comes just for the purpose of adding negativity (you said so yourself that you're doing this because "every thread needs some negativity"), it's annoys me.

Yeah, I noticed how you could have mistaken that as directed at you if you didn't realized that Vts is a SmashBoards member, so it's understandable.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I don't care if you don't like anime, but we don't really need negativity that just sends us off topic. If you didn't like the particular show for a certain reason and cared enough to explain why then we wouldn't be hostile. Though, even that would be hard since there is only one episode out.

Also wow@ you calling us self-absorbed >_>

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Frankly, I don't really care if others have different interests as me. Everyone is different, so I don't expect everyone to like what I like.
Mehhhhhh. Empty words to be honest. I don't particularly disbelieve you however someone who is the exact opposite generally tends to just lie and say the same words you just did all the same most of the time. Nobody likes to admit their bad qualities too much. : D

Try to show it rather then say it is the best policy.

It's just that when someone comes just for the purpose of adding negativity (you said so yourself that you're doing this because "every thread needs some negativity"), it's annoys me.
Haha. There are two parts to my posting. There's serious. And there's not serious. That was an example of not serious. Take things with a pinch of salt when I (Or anyone else) make outrageous claims. It'll do you good. No need to get annoyed over foolishness.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If it weren't for the new sig rule, I would sig that picture with my current sig Vts. XD

Wait... there is a way. >=D

Top Bottom