• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Foward Throw Chain Grab List

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
First of all, special thanks to nothing. aka Michael Hey for his cg blogs. Here's the original source. http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=15761

These only work if you buffer a running grab! If you don't buffer, they can easily escape with a jump or a spot dodge.

Here's how to buffer a running grab. During the last 10 frames of her foward throw, flick the control stick foward and tap Z once fast. Do not hold foward or the Z button or it will not work. You must release foward and Z before the foward throw ends.

If you start the cg at a higher percent or unstale your fthrow, then the ending percent may be lower. Now for the list.

Inescapable

:bowser2: Bowser
0%-64% + regrab

:falcon: Captain Falcon
0%-60% + regrab

:ganondorf: Ganondorf
0%-60% + regrab

:dedede: King Dedede
0%-60% + regrab

:snake: Snake
0%-60% + regrab
*Can drop a grenade between grabs at some points, but you can cg past them before they explode.

The next four cgs are weird. Try to start at least on that percent and don't go over too much or you won't cg as high. You could probably do these from 0% and to a higher percent if your foward throw is stale.

:link2: Link
14%-39% + regrab

:wolf: Wolf
14%-39% + regrab

:falco: Falco
7%-39% + regrab

:fox: Fox
17%-26% + regrab

Escapable
You can only escape with whatever is noted. You can't escape these with a buffered jump or spotdodge.

:dk2: DK
0%-64% + regrab
*Can escape with a buffered jump+airdodge at some points.

:ike: Ike
0%-60% + regrab

:charizard: Charizard
0%-60% + regrab

:sonic: Sonic
0%-56% + regrab
*Can escape with a buffered jump+airdodge or Up B at some points.

:shiek: Sheik
0%-47% + regrab
*Can only escape the first regrab with a buffered spot dodge.

:zerosuitsamus: ZSS
0%-47% + regrab
*Can escape with Down B.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
What the hell.

This is so dumb.

Can someone please get us something on a character that gives us problems, by the way? :p Like, maybe an infinite in Falco or MK? ;)

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Snake and DDD are not that bad and the CG on Falco is limited in application and doesn't help much. Maybe someone will disagree and find a good way to use it. I hope so.

noradseven

Smash Lord
You could glide toss to chain grab to get Falco.
Because no one sees that coming :D.

Falco's stops at too low of a damage to be really worth it or likely to matter, snakes and DDD could be useful in a couple of situations but even then its not that great unless you start at like 10% or lower.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
This seems like it could be great against Snake, you fthrow him until he's off the ledge and now you're in a great position to wrack up even more damage on him. With down b spike, or maybe even dair spike if the cypher reliably saves you from suicide (has anyone tested this?), Snake will have to be very cautious in this position.

If you could get him off either spiking for a kill or bair/uairing Snake could lead to lots more damage. With such predictable recovery he might just C4 to avoid a spike, in which case he's still taking more damage.

We had the matchup as slightly in Snake's favor, I think if this was confirmed it could shift to even or slightly in ours.

Edit:

Falco
7%-39% + regrab

I tested fthrow on falco a while back with my brother and without buffering we found it chained at 0%. I didn't even have to move, just grab quickly because Falco doesn't move very far at 0. We may have done poor testing, but I think it warrants more research if it could lead to a less weird grab, 0-40% would be really nice, and put us in a situation to ledge guard falco

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Dead Disco, it's not fast enough definitely, but my thought is once they (anyone with predictable/bad recovery that we can CG) is off the ledge we could chase them and attempt to spike or knock off the side for early kills.

Snake's cypher recovery hits you if you knock Snake off it from above, so my thought was that it might be a viable spike and way to avoid the suicide, but it's probably too risky unless you surprise Snake. He can just airdodge and C4 and it's a stock off you, and Down B is probably just as effective without that much risk (albeit slower). And Snake won't challenge you in the air, he'll just be looking to try and get high and recovery from above, so you're usually free to mess with him as much as possible til he gets back.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
I haven't tried this, but could zamus do a down-b spike if she cg-s them off edge and insta?
Not inescapably but if they immediately use their second jump they'll go perfectly into the spike. Worth a try...Maybe, but don't count on it.

Bouse

Smash Ace
If you think about it, from after when you grabbed. Flick forward twice, then hit grab. Flick #1: Throw, Flick #2 +Grab=Buffered dashing grab.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It helps to tap the grab button really quickly, because if you hold it too long, you'll buffer a shield instead.

DeadDisco

Smash Cadet
=D Yaaa Bouse did a down-b spike in the vid~ I'm going to go be an *** to my friends now xD thanks for the guide/list Hopes this gets stickied!

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Ooh, I like this! Hehe, it reminds me of an argument I had about the ZSS DDD match up on AIB a while ago... Not even any more, *****es!!! >=D

Chali

Smash Cadet
Can't they just buffer one of their own moves to escape?

Edit: SFP, that sig of yours is awesome.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
We've got you infinited, don't worry ;)
The infinite never worked... Seibrik and I tested this a little, and found out that Wario can DI away from ZSS after being air-released and then the d-smash will never hit him. ZSS can only follow up with normal attacks like everybody else.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
The infinite never worked... Seibrik and I tested this a little, and found out that Wario can DI away from ZSS after being air-released and then the d-smash will never hit him. ZSS can only follow up with normal attacks like everybody else.
Nick, you know that you can just grab-release and then grab again right and DI doesn't save him? I can't believe how few people knew that.

Top Bottom