• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pastaboy Saves Only in Niagara - JULY 4-5th - MELEE AND BRAWL - RECONFIRM EVERYONE

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
SORRY FOR THE MASSIVE DELAY. I HOPE EVERYONE CAN STILL COME.

OK, this isn't Ayaz, its Lawlb0t on his account. PASTABOY FOUND A NEW VENUE. HE IS SIGNING THE CONTRACT THURSDAY/25 JUNE. SO THIS IS A GO PRETTY MUCH.

Pastaboy has no idea how big this venue is, but I am it will be a good size. So all the information I am posting is basically from him. I don't know anything, I am just presenting it.

*IGNORE THE FRIENDLIES DAY*

*EVERYONE WHO IS INTERESTED, PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THIS TOURNY AND GET PEOPLE TO RECONFIRM*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CORRECTION KAY VENUE IS NOT IN CLIFTON HILL, MISUNDERSTANDING. ITS 43 FACER, ST CATHARINES. BY 'FAIRVIEW' MALL
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pastaboy Saves Only in Niagara

July 4rd-5th

Ayaz sux

Events that will be confirmed

- Rain or shine, this will go down

- 2 Day event ? Pastaboy told me July 4th and July 5th - Possible one day?

- We will try to house as many as we can

- Brawl and Melee

- Live stream - Assuming the venue has internet access

Scheduled events

Day 1
Friendlies and chilling, this is what Niagara is famous for
Greet and meet
At 4 PM Brawl pools will be posted, and will begin. We hope to get through rounds 1 and 2 by the end of the day

Day 2
Brawl Begins....
Doubles will start at 10 AM
Singles will start at hopefully 3 PM

Day 3
Melee Begins....
Doubles will start at hopefully 10 AM
Singles will start at hopefully 2 or 3 PM

Set-ups (give me a PM if your bringing any kind of set-up)

T.Vs
Stos x1 - RECONFIRM
Ayaz x2
Lawlb0t x 1
Pyrnight x1
Pastaboy x1
T.O Joe x1 - RECONFIRM
Maximillian x1 - RECONFIRM
Marth126 x1 - RECONFIRM
Zaf x1 - RECONFIRM

Wiis
Ayaz x1
Percon x1
Lawlb0t x1
Pyrnight x1
KC x1
T.o Joe x1 - RECONFIRM
Maxamillian x2 - RECONFIRM
Marth126 x1 - RECONFIRM
Pho x1 - RECONFIRM
Ally x1 - RECONFIRM
Zaf x1 - RECONFIRM
Patches x1 - RECONFIRM

Cubes
Lawlb0t x1
Stos x1 - RECONFIRM
WorldJem7 x1 - RECONFIRM
Jer x1 - RECONFIRM

--ATTENDANCE--

- Percon (RECONFIRM) - BRAWL
- Pastaboy - BRAWL
- Lawlb0t - DUNNO
- Nasir - BRAWL
- Pyrnight - BRAWL
- Nikok - BRAWL
- PNDMike (RECONFIRM) - DUNNO
- Anth0ny - BRAWL
- Stos - MELEE
- Idea - MELEE
-
-
-
-
-
-

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Housing

*Niagara, if I listed you, and can't house or already have housing arrangements, please update me*

The amount of dashes underneath someone's name for housing doesn't mean that's the amount of spots, I just decided to add that many.

Nikok
-
-
-
-
-

Pastaboy

-
-
-
-
-
-

Percon * Probably can't house*

-
-
-
-

Ayaz/Nasir

-
-
-
-
-
Lawlb0t *Ppl might already have dibs*

-
-
-
-
-
-

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
----------------------------------------------------------------
SBR Recommended Rule List v2.0: Brawl
----------------------------------------------------------------
SBR Recommended Ruleset v2.0
Super Smash Brothers: Brawl (singles and doubles)

The following list was created by members of the Smash Back Room (SBR). For version 2.0 discussion took place between January and March. While it is always up to the Tournament Organizers (TO) to determine the rules that best fit their tournaments, we recommend these rules be used as a base guideline to new and experienced TO's alike.

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

TOs must move stages from the starter/counterpick into either the starter or counterpick categories and must move stages from counterpick/banned into either the counterpick or banned categories.

Stages in the Starter/Counter and Counter/Banned list did not receive 2/3 majority, indicating no consensus could be reached on the stage.

The SBR Recommended rule list uses the stage striking system. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set. There must be an odd number of starter stages. There are up to 8 stages available for stages striking under the SBR stage list (4 in starter, 4 in starter/counter). We recommend as a TO that you decide on the ideal number of stages to use for striking at your tournaments (3, 5, 7).

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Delfino (moved from S/C)
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Counter/Banned
Distant Planet (moved from C)
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion (moved from C)
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Pipes) (moved from C)
Norfair (moved from C)

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria (moved from C)
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone (moved from C)
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit (moved from C/B)
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Onett (moved from C/B)
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Skyworld (moved from C/B)
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

Additional Rules for Doubles Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

* Hanenbow may be moved from Ban to Counterpick for Doubles

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
MELEE SINGLES AND DOUBLES RULES FROM SBR
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 4 *
* The time limit is set to a minimum of 90 seconds per stock **
* All sets are best of 3 matches
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose the stage they last won on
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)
*In the event of time constraints 3 stocks may be used
**120 seconds per stock should be considered high priority

Set Format (in order of procedure)
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List **
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for this match
**Opponents may instead agree upon a random stage

Random Stage List
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise *
Past Stages: Dream Land
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List
Dream Land: Green Greens *
DK Island: Jungle Japes
F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City
Kanto Skies: Poke Floats
Lylat System: Corneria
Mushroom Kingdom: Princess Peach's Castle *
Mushroom Kingdom II *
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
*These stages were very close votes and could be on either the Counter or Banned Lists

Banned Stage List
DK Island: Kongo Jungle
Eagleland: Onett
Eagleland: Fourside
F-Zero Grand Prix: Big Blue
Hyrule Temple
Infinite Glacier: Icicle Mountain
Lylat System: Venom
Mushroom Kingdom I
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Island
Past Stages: Yoshi's Island
Planet Zebes: Brinstar Depths
Superflat World: Flat Zone
Termina: Great Bay

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON
* Add Termina: Great Bay to the Counter Stage List
* Add F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City to the Banned Stage List
* Add Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams to the Banned Stage List

Let me know if anything doesn't add up for the rules, I don't really play Brawl that much so I don't know if their is a slight modification to the rules around here.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
WOW CONFIRMED

Canadian GENESIS!!!

Come on over Mew2king, Azen, Chudat, Mang0, dashizwiz, ninjalink, Dojo, DSF.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
This would be my last tournament in the GTAN area as well, since I'm off to school in Ottawa. So let's make this one count. Sign me up and put me down for a Wii + Brawl.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Yes

Kevin is with me rigt now, were finding a venue at this moment...... I got Brown connections so finding a venue won't be hard lol

more HYPE people, this **** is GOING to be the BEST Niagara tournament thus far

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I'd definitely bring a TV and Wii for this ****. If it gets as big as it should (200+ people?!?), I'll have no problem bringing a setup.

The only problem is that my Wii might be completely dead by then LOL. It barely reads discs right now :(

Anth0ny

Smash Master
You should includes side events for both games (Low tier and stuff) if time allows. but great ****, I'm coming to this
Use your power of convincing people to convince people to come to this!

Also, we should have side events on day 1 instead of just pure chilling.

Crews? Smash 64? Low tier tourney? Brawl pools because Brawl takes forever?

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
it says what ever you want

if you want to play other games or low-tiers go ahead

i'm not stopping you

Do WHATEVER you want, YOU can even host a mini tournament in my tournament on the first day. I really don't care.

This is also near Genesis, but will be like 2 weeks in time difference.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
it says what ever you want

if you want to play other games or low-tiers go ahead

i'm not stopping you

Do WHATEVER you want, YOU can even host a mini tournament in my tournament on the first day. I really don't care.

This is also near Genesis, but will be like 2 weeks in time difference.
Fair enough. But unless we get an absurd amount of setups (hopefully), I'm not sure if we could finish Brawl Singles and Doubles all on Sunday. Maybe we could do teams on Friday? Or do/start pools on Friday? I think we should wait and see how interested people are first, but if we get 100+ people confirmed within the next month or so, I'm not sure if we want to have all of Brawl in only a single day...

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Hell yes.

10charmanders

Also don't forget time for Crew battles!!!

Just doing a crew tournament of 4-6 people or so, and have everyone make their crews on their own will be the hypest. Then after+ maybe regionals?

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Fair enough. But unless we get an absurd amount of setups (hopefully), I'm not sure if we could finish Brawl Singles and Doubles all on Sunday. Maybe we could do teams on Friday? Or do/start pools on Friday? I think we should wait and see how interested people are first, but if we get 100+ people confirmed within the next month or so, I'm not sure if we want to have all of Brawl in only a single day...
hmm

I see your point, but I wanna get pools all done before the tournament, so we can jump straight into them and hopefully finish everything.

Remember this is a REALLY right draft, this week i'm going to confirm the venue and converse with Max about how this is going to run.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
can this please be after june 25th? i think thats when my exams are finished, if i have exams during this i think ill commit suicide:(

its my birthday on the 24th, so i can probably stay all 3 days if someone houses me :D

zaf

Smash Lord
Ok, so i am confirmed for this.
I no longer will be going to the actual genesis, but i will go to this one.
Since i am going i can confirm ally, holy, chet and elef with me in my car.
Since you said we can do whatever we want on friday, it's cool that i host a 32/48 sf4 tourney?
Not a real big one since i dont really know who plays, but we got like 32 in montreal for our mini sf4 tourney at ffyf2.

If ayaz is cool with this, would like 5 people be able to bring ps3/xbox30s?
Ill bring mine, so we can have like 6 set ups and it will go smooth

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
can this please be after june 25th? i think thats when my exams are finished, if i have exams during this i think ill commit suicide:(

its my birthday on the 24th, so i can probably stay all 3 days if someone houses me :D
yeah man, this is AFTER school ends fer suuuure. Just not sure of the exact day

Since you said we can do whatever we want on friday, it's cool that i host a 32/48 sf4 tourney?
Not a real big one since i dont really know who plays, but we got like 32 in montreal for our mini sf4 tourney at ffyf2.

Sweet! if your buds wanna bring Ps2's and stuff, go ahead on the first day but and the days of Brawl mainly your buddies might have to surrender their T.V's until a lot of people have been eliminated. (prolly after the first or second round of pools of the expected 3)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
WHY LATE JUNE ;_; can't it be some other time!!! Maybe early July? or right after genesis? i have plans for all of June *cries*

edit - actually i just checked, the very last week of june is fine, altho id prefer first week of july (not that im in control of it just saying that's the only way i could go and i REALLY wanna go :( )

Anth0ny

Smash Master
WHY LATE JUNE ;_; can't it be some other time!!! Maybe early July? or right after genesis? i have plans for all of June *cries*

edit - actually i just checked, the very last week of june is fine, altho id prefer first week of july (not that im in control of it just saying that's the only way i could go and i REALLY wanna go :( )
I agree. Not only because I really want M2K to come, but because this shiz has to be after exams.

First week of July is fine, but it is only one week before Genesis. Hopefully people will still come to this even though the two events are so close together.

Just think of it as (3 days long, extremely awesome) practice for the biggest Smash tournament of all time.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I agree. Not only because I really want M2K to come, but because this shiz has to be after exams.

First week of July is fine, but it is only one week before Genesis. Hopefully people will still come to this even though the two events are so close together.

Just think of it as (3 days long, extremely awesome) practice for the biggest Smash tournament of all time.
It would be really cool if this tourney is one week before Genesis sort of because then everyone that does go to Genesis would get insane practice.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
ya id MUCH rather have this be around the time of Genesis but idk if you can do that

if so it would be REALLY appreciated and my odds of going would be like 99% if you made it in July

1 week before genesis seems so ideal though if you could do that. Being close together i don't think will matter since people are either going to go or not going to go anyway. Attendance will be the same if not bigger making it 1 week before genesis, especially since nothing else big will be planned then anyway.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
I should be making it down for this unless something unexpected comes up out of no where.

If you guys are running a SF4 mini-tournament on Friday then I'll definitely join.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
^LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

yeah The dates are NOT in concrete I want this tournament to happen at the earliest in late june, it can be easily moved to July, but I ddn't want it to interfere with Genesis people, but if you want it then fine!

also did anyone notice that my colors are the St.Catharines colors. lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend

Oh.. Oh.. I see how it is.

By the way the warrior and the robot has spoken. Ayaz lol. Early July seems good. =P

idea

Smash Master
^LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

yeah The dates are NOT in concrete I want this tournament to happen at the earliest in late june, it can be easily moved to July, but I ddn't want it to interfere with Genesis people, but if you want it then fine!

good, cause i want to go to both genesis and this =)

yay, niagara in summer...i bet there won't be any homeless people in my bank this time! :bee: (i need housing =P)

Percon

Smash Lord
Hype.

Me, Ayaz and Kevin are discussing this tournament and what and when is best for everyone.

haha... St.Catharines has poopy colours :/

why does it have to end? I work full time and I still go to tournies.
It's the "final" one because after this most of Niagara will be split up. I keep playing for sure and try to continue to host tournies but it won't be in Niagara anymore. Well, maybe during the subsequent summers...

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
IF U DONT CARE About the date then make it either the week before genesis or right after genesis
Because not everyone is M2K and wins money at tournaments lol.

I want people to have money to go to both Genesis and this one, but If more people want this right before Genesis then i'll agree.

good, cause i want to go to both genesis and this =)

yay, niagara in summer...i bet there won't be any homeless people in my bank this time! :bee: (i need housing =P)
I said that EVERYONE will be housed. Don't worry no smasher will be left behind, Niagara doesn't fail when we work together.

why does it have to end? I work full time and I still go to tournies.
Because Max, I, and others are all splitting apart for university :( so while were all Niagarians were going to host the most badass tournament that this city has ever seen

Also, I just got more info on the Venue. It's ON clifton hill, so those who come can chill in the best part of Niagara :)

because of Brown connections, the Venue is looking both cheap and good :)

Hype.

Me, Ayaz and Kevin are discussing this tournament and what and when is best for everyone.

haha... St.Catharines has poopy colours :/
no...... look at the St.Kittz trasnit colors......

idea

Smash Master
I said that EVERYONE will be housed. Don't worry no smasher will be left behind, Niagara doesn't fail when we work together.
okay, sounds good. if you're wondering about the story behind my comment <_< i went to the last OiN, but didn't have housing. i asked, i think, far enough ahead of time, but for whatever reason i didn't get any. so two other melee guys and i went anyway. we figured we'd hang out in a tim hortons, or the bus station, or anywhere that was open all night until the tournament started. yeah...turns out nothing is open in niagara past about 10PM. we wandered around in the snow for over an hour before finally giving up and deciding to stay in the unlocked front area of an RBC bank.

on the following night, our bus didn't come. no explanation really, the weather wasn't bad enough for it to not come at all. would have been nice to have some sort of explanation, so we didn't have to wait so long and probably approach frostbite in our feet, but meh, gg greyhound. oh, actually, first the bus from the venue to the station didn't come at all, so we took a taxi, then the bus from that station to toronto didn't come as well. so we went back to RBC again cause i (and probably the other two) couldn't stand the cold anymore. this was 2AM sunday morning and i hadn't slept since thursday night, since we left friday night around 10PM (toronto bus to niagara delayed too). i also had had two slices of pizza, a donut and a small hot chocolate over these few days. should have had more pizza but someone took my last slice :( to conclude, one of the three guys' parents miraculously picked us up and dropped us off at our houses, which meant several hours of driving at 3 AM on a sunday in horrible conditions for him.

so. you can see why i'd need housing to go at all and why i'm happy it'll be in the summer. i'm not mad, though, it was a very memorable trip :laugh:

tl;dr - read it all anyway, it's funny

Top Bottom