• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HERB 2: Gboro NC, Melee/Brawl(July 25th-26th) M2K CONFIRMED!!! *NEW VENUE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilt

Smash Lord
Bro Love Presents:

Update!
For certain reasons, I have to change the venue location. Luckly the new venue costs me just the same as the last and is way nicer. It is still a hotel venue so you can rent a room and just come downstairs to the main floor and have a good time. Rooms are a bit more expensive but way better than the last venue.

Also I am implementing the Mages DQ RULE!
TVs will be numbered and I will call out your matches out loud so I don't wanna hear johns. I will give PLENTY OF WARNING on when matches are going to start.

PRE-REG AT http://herb2smash.weebly.com

PRE REG IS STILL UP!

If you don't have a credit card to pay online, there are no johns because of Visa Gift Cards.

Use this link to see where you can purchase the Visa Gift Cards at a close location to you: http://visa.via.infonow.net/locator/giftcard/jsp/index.jsp?origin=personal

General Info
About the last HERB.

HERB is a series of Smash Tourneys in Greensboro, North Carolina. Run by Vilt and BEHR.HERB 1 had lots of great competitors for Brawl and Melee.Great names for Melee were M2K,Scar,Wife,H2YL,chaddd and Tope and much more. Melee attendance was about 50+ which was a decent size.Hopefully HERB 2 would bring more people for Melee and Brawl.Big names that we had for Brawl were M2K,Boss,Pyronic Star,Reflex and H2YL.Brawl had 50+ entrants, Im hoping that we get more than 50 at least 70 people to come play Melee and Brawl.

Hopefully the above players will come back to NC and come for HERB 2.

Date: July 25-26. Mark your calenders!

7067 Albert Pick Road
Greensboro, NC 27409
Phone #: 336-668-3638

Please call to reserve your room and make sure that you mention that you are with the group HERB, if you want the special price.

Room price is $59.99 plus tax.

Click here for Map.

Contact Information: Call me with any questions and keep my number if you need directions.
Vilts Cell: 336-965-3058

Event Info
Schedule

Estimated times.
July 25 - Saturday - MELEE

Registration 10AM-12PM
Doubles: 12PM-4PM
FOOD TIME 4PM-5PM
Singles: 5PM till ???

July 26 - Sunday - Brawl

Registration 10AM-12PM
Doubles: 12PM-4PM
FOOD TIME 4PM-5PM
Singles: 5PM till ???

Housing:

Option 1: The venue is a hotel. Rent a room. $59.99 is the price You will be at the venue. No need to drive anywhere. Just get up and walk 2 minutes and play smash. :O

If you live in NC and want to offer housing PM me and I'll put you on this list.

Pickups:

Airport: I live 20 minutes from the airport, so if you need a pickup call us and we will come to get you. We will be charging a small fee for gas money.

Greyhound: I live 30 minutes away from the Greyhound, so if you come through that way, we can pick you up. We will be charging a small fee for gas money this way as well.

Money:
I am really sorry but there is nothing I can do about the door fee since everything is coming out of my pocket.

AT THE DOOR! New prices!
Door Fee: $10
Tournament Fee (singles): $15
Tournament Fee (teams): $20 per team

Bundled prices for pre-registration: These are the amounts you will see on the website all depending on what you wish to enter.

Remember that you are only paying half of the entry fee for teams. Your partner pays the other.

Door Fee, 1 Single Entry: $25
Door Fee, 2 Single Entry: $40
Door Fee, 1 Teams entry: $20
Door Fee, 2 Teams entry: $30
Door Fee, 1 Singles Entry, 1 Teams entry: $35
Door Fee, 1 Singles Entry, 2 Teams entry: $45
Door Fee, 2 Singles Entry, 1 Teams entry: $50
Door Fee, 2 Singles Entry, 2 Teams entry: $60

Pot Splits: 60/30/10 for Doubles tournaments. Five way split for singles.

Rules

Brawl Rules:
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Standing Infinites are banned.
* Suicide Wins: If a person performs a suicide move that takes the last stock of both players (Ganoncide, kirbycide, Wariocide, Diddycide..etc..etc..) the person who performed the suicide WINS that match/set.
* Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 70 ledge grabs and you lose the match.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Couterpicks:
Lylat
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per person
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit

Melee Rules:
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List
Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Green Greens
- Corneria

Banned:
everything else

Attendance/Interested:
If you are coming or considering coming, PM me or just post and I will add you to the list.

Hosts: Vilt, Behr and NisP

1.M2K
2. Dr. Peepee
3. Foxy
4. Behr
5. Ragnar0k
6.TRC
7.Dark Hart
8.darknessblae
9.Rhan
10.Mister Eric
11.Xisin
12.Kadaj
13.Stingers
14.Jim
15.LOZR
16.TC
17.Pacstrifer
18.Bill
19.KARN
20.Foxy.
21.F for FataL
23.Sushi-Man
24. Fiz
25. DUB
26. Seth
27. Mini
28. Rohan
29.Crystalnite
30.Vist
31. Thataintfalco
32.G-Reg
33.Pyrospark
34.Toasty
35.Everylasting Yayuzzz
36.Hungrybox
37.East
38. Blade1844
39.Sugarsheik33
40.Full Metal
41.Boss
42.JMan8891
43.Omnipik (+5)
44.Mango
45.Malco
46.Plasma Pikmin
47.FTWin
48.Ares
49.Jon?
50.Keith
51.Desu
52.GofG
53.Chu Dat
54.R3NO
55.Duo55
56.East
57.Patriotic Zero (PTZR)
58.Zio
59.PLUR(+5)
60.Smith
61.Philmaster
62.Dorsey
63.Famous
64.dobee
65.Alukard
66.HBK
67.Scar
68.defsithe
69.Eggz
70.Thunderbolt333
71.DJRome
72.Audi
73.GawdImFoxy
74.Deez
75.MattDotZeb
76.Dr.PeePee
77.DAftFlip
78.Hinryu
79.Lambchops
80.Dr.Neo
81.scrapecity
82.Cyrain
83.Tope
84.G$
85.LadyLegion
86.defsithe
87.Shady
88.theONEjanitor
89.RTF(+5)
90.PolMex
91. Lenca

Money Match List.
These matches will be recorded so you have proof of the ***-whooping you'll had out. Call out your own characters too.

1. Vilt(Pichu) vs Dark Hart(Anything) $10 3/5 (Accepted) Melee
2. Vilt (Samus) vs Rhan (Samus) $5 2/3 (Accepted) Melee
3. Behr (Jiggs) vs kack (ICs) $5 ??? (Accepted) Brawl

BEHR

Smash Hero
Make this more flashy.

Edit- Good Job for Copy pasta.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Charlie you need to work on your posting skills.

Here are your problems.

-Why is "what" in the Title?

-So much "What" in the first post.

-Try to get peoples attention like different colors.

-Be straight forward.

-No Emotes

-No Emotes

-No Emotes.

-and try to talk like this is going to be a big tourney to me the way you posted this, it seems like a local tourney.

Step your game up.

Zip.

Smash Lord
oh wow..4 months from now, i should be able to make this..(i cant go to genesis anyways x__X)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
HERB 1 was great enough, so many pros like m2k and azen, chu, chillin, etc

This will be bigger and better. We better get the hype train rolling now!

Vilt

Smash Lord
Hey Behr how about you actually do something when you say you wanna help. And actually run a good tourney.

I used one emote. Shut the **** up.

Edit: Thanks for the advice but I am seriously sick of you constantly whining about my emotes.

Double Edit: >:O

Yeah I had to add one. >.> Sorry two. XD Three.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Haha nice.

We should play more this time, M2K. I definitely didn't get my fill last time. =p

VILT

Make sure to make one of these in the tournament listings sections (say M2K is going for hype ok????) after a while aight?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Okay, good stuff. Since the last one did have ustream, I guess I can do it right this time. But the amount of views from the last one was less than stellar. And that is because NO ONE WANTS TO MISS EPIC, REDEFINED. >_> Anyway, I won't squander, and will make this one, definitely. Get drunk with Bill - I heard that's a trip. But expect some .gifs, ads, and the like from me for this. Appreciate them. :embarrass;);):embarrass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom