• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SaSmash Presents S.W.A.T- Vol.1 (Brawl+ and Low tier will be side events)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi

Smash Lord
S- San Angelo
W- Wants
A- A
T- Tourney

That's right :) The time has come. San Angelo has finally decided to host a tournament. I would really appreciate everyone trying their hardest to make this. I'm not sure if there will be another after this. It's a week before Cake, Dojo, and my gradutation so it would be awesome to hang out with everyone the weekend before :) There's no time issue at this tourrnament. WE have ALLL Saturday. It's gonna be epicccccc. All of Texas Smashers under one roof.

<3 Mumble

Date:
May 23, 2009

San Angelo, TX

Start Time:
Registration will start at Noon Saturday and singles will begin at 3 p.m.
Ofcourse if you want to stay the night friday you can come anytime after 3 and stay at my house. Just call me and let me know ahead of time. I can house anyone that needs it. My parents are letting my use my whole house and they said I can have as many people over that want to come over.

Price:
Venue Fee: I'm going to make the fee 2$ for every person to help pay for the sodas/pizza etc etc
I just can't pay for all of that by myself. Sorry :/
Singles: 10$ per person
Doubles:5$ per person (10 per team)

Everyone please bring setups!!!!!!
San Angelo doesn't have a huge scene to start off with so we don't have a lot of TVs and Wiis to work with.

Feel Free to contact me if you have any questions
Contact info:
Santi- 325-277-9886
AIM: pokerplayasanti

8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"
All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 for any "finals" matches)
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock over time. Bowser's suicide klaw and Gannondorf's flame choke are exempt from this rule.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

In this system, players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set.

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Additional Rules for Double's Play
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON

BRAWL + RULES

SINGLES

* 4 Stocks
* 8 Minute Time Limit
* No Items
* If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You can not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
* First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
* Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
* You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.

* Neutral Stages (stages changed due to Brawl+ will be CAPS):
o Final Destination
o Battlefield
o Smashville
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
o Lylat Cruise
o POKEMON STADIUM 2
o LUIGI'S MANSION (Not what you're thinking. The house is gone and it's basically like a Final Destination except with those little floaty platforms.)

* Counterpick Stages:
o WARIO WARE
o Delfino Plaza
o Pictochat
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Castle Siege
o Jungle Japes
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium 1
o Onett
o BIG BLUE

* If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
* Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
* If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
* If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
* GOTM's Rule Double Modified: King Dedede infinite chain grabbing isn't in this game.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
This sounds fun.

San Antonio will try to make it. We gotta look out for our "little brother" SA...
I demand a crew battle: SA & SA vs. everyone else. lol.

Besides, I still need to play you in 1v1 Santi...we didn't get the chance at WHOBO.

Santi

Smash Lord
I'm also housing saturday night as well to ANYONE that needs it :)

and I may add a ledgegrab rule.
what does everyone think about that?
I think 100 ledgegrab limit is reasonable considering the games are set to 8 minutes.
Any thoughts or contribution?

Gnes

Smash Master
I'm also housing saturday night as well to ANYONE that needs it :)

and I may add a ledgegrab rule.
what does everyone think about that?
I think 100 ledgegrab limit is reasonable considering the games are set to 8 minutes.
Any thoughts or contribution?
I think around 55-70 Santi. Remember Light in our first match planked for the whole game and ended up with 92 grabs. It basically made the game unwinnable for me.

But hey...whatever u decide is cool with me.:) Ive got an answer to that **** now. I just dont want anyone else to go through what I did.

Santi

Smash Lord
That was a seven minute match.
Hopefully with 8 minutes 100 limit will work.
with spending an average of 2 seconds on the ledge with a grab... thats about 200 second... which is around 3 minutes give and take. So hopefully with 8 minutes that extra time will be spent fighting.
I just don't want people to worry about accidently getting like 55-70 on accident.
I can grab the ledge 3 times with my chain and I do that several times to replenish my invincibilty frames when edgeguarding.

Plus plankers wont get close to that number because Ill make everyone else pause their match and come watch the gayness and heckle the planker thats grabbing 80+ times a match :D
and after we'll throw that person down and hit them in the nuts with our controllers.

ABHdjsdbdhjdbjbh I'm so glad your coming Gnesssssssss :)

Gnes

Smash Master
That was a seven minute match.
Hopefully with 8 minutes 100 limit will work.
with spending an average of 2 seconds on the ledge with a grab... thats about 200 second... which is around 3 minutes give and take. So hopefully with 8 minutes that extra time will be spent fighting.
I just don't want people to worry about accidently getting like 55-70 on accident.
I can grab the ledge 3 times with my chain and I do that several times to replenish my invincibilty frames when edgeguarding.

Plus plankers wont get close to that number because Ill make everyone else pause their match and come watch the gayness and heckle the planker thats grabbing 80+ times a match :D
and after we'll throw that person down and hit them in the nuts with our controllers.

ABHdjsdbdhjdbjbh I'm so glad your coming Gnesssssssss :)
LMAO i comfortable with whatever u choose Santi I just want plankers to feel as unwelcome as possible.

And also...I will be the chief heckler. CHIEF HECKLE!!!

Mumble

Smash Apprentice

Hahaha oh man. Plankers get 3 stocked in the nuts by everyone?! :laugh:
You shouldn't have said that, because now people are gonna be wearing cups to this.
:psycho:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
LMAO i comfortable with whatever u choose Santi I just want plankers to feel as unwelcome as possible.

And also...I will be the chief heckler. CHIEF HECKLE!!!
Gnes...can I have friendlies if I go to this?
Pleeeeeeeeease? : >

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I could be interested in this. The semester is over and school is not a worry at that time.
We'll see. And perhaps, Santi, we can have those friendlies we owe each other.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
santi hosts a tourny at his house and immediately it attracts way more interest than mine do.
:(
man i suck at life

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Of course Espy just come up to me im always up for friendlies...

Also...by diddy nature...i will trash talk...but dont worry its all in good fun...its a diddy thing
That's perfectly fine, I can take it.
As long as you can take consistent side-taunts :p

You're too slow!!

Santi

Smash Lord
I could be interested in this. The semester is over and school is not a worry at that time.
We'll see. And perhaps, Santi, we can have those friendlies we owe each other.
COmeeeee
:)

santi hosts a tourny at his house and immediately it attracts way more interest than mine do.
:(
man i suck at life
awwwww
if you come.... then the interest will be tripled :) :)
Pleaseee OZz

What Beah Will Be Coming Omg!! Count Me In!!
Yes Beah is planning on coming :)
Ive already texted him.

XYRO
I will be running a low tier side event just for you and greyfox :)

Low tier singlesssssss :)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
fffffffffffffff

Google Maps said:
400 mi – about 6 hours 34 mins
Do not know if want. I'm tempted to go because it's ****ing Santi and he is a super cool guy, but the drive time is such a turn off. D:

That and the most I'd be going for is friendlies. x__x

Santi

Smash Lord
Trust me I know about the drive :)
it sucks.
I have to make that trip for every HOBO I attend.

Nike.

Smash Hero
fffffffffffffff

Do not know if want. I'm tempted to go because it's ****ing Santi and he is a super cool guy, but the drive time is such a turn off. D:

That and the most I'd be going for is friendlies. x__x
Considering how far San Angelo has had to drive for every single tourny in the past 12 months, im sure that the rest of texas can at least return the favor for once.

Real SA, we must go to this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom