• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5/30/09 Atlanta Revival SF4 & Brawl Monthlies @ GA World Congress Center Atlanta, GA

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
That's right I am at it again to bring the southeast a form of constant competition to keep our level of competition as high as it can and no longer make the south a "free" territory. . Which means one thing, we need a form of competition where we can step our game up. So I present to you "Atlanta Revival" monthly touranment series. The tournament will be once a month at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, GA. It's located right downtown in Atlanta, Ga (where the first Impact Clash were held.) to ensure that everyone can make it through riding the train, driving, etc. The room we've rented is not very large but we are going to see how this first month goes. If it goes off good then we'll get a larger room next month. The community spoke about having a tournament closer to the downtown area and I have listened.

After the tournament we are having an after gathering right across the street from the venue (it's walking distance) at the Taco Mac sports bar for those of you interested. :woot:

When: May 30th

10 a.m. begins registration
12:30 p.m. registration end
1 p.m. tournament begins

As far as start times go we may start later than the time posted. But that does not mean you should bank on it and come whenever you want to. If you are running late call me directly at 770-329-8286. I will have a shorter tolerance for tardiness as it holds up the tournament and inconviences everyone.

Venue:
Georgia World Congress Center
285 Andrew Young International Blvd., NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30313-1591

Room B317

$10 door fee
$10 per game

If you bring a setup your door fee is waived. Please guys we need a few setups to ensure a nice smooth tournament even though we don't have many games running. I hope you guys come through with the setups. Please, please please bring Street Fighter IV setups. We don't want another IC4 situation again

Riding Marta:
If you take Marta to the GWCC ride the train all the way to the GWCC/GA Dome/CNN train station. It's one train station west of Five Points train station. When you get off the train go up the escalator and go to your left, up the stairs. Look to your right and you'll see the GWCC buildling. It's that simple.

Remember parking is $10 at the GWCC. You can park for free if you park across the street at the Vine City train station which is walking distance to the GWCC. Here is the address to the vine city train station:

502 Rhodes Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30314

Street Fighter 4 will be there every month and we will rotate which other games will be there monthly.

Street Fighter IV
Possible teams if enough time is left for SFIV
Soul Calibur IV
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Street Fighter IV
PS3
Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character.

Marvel vs Capcom 2

Game version: US Dreamcast
You may not use any glitch that prevent the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
Deadbody infinites are allowed to gain a positional advantage, but not to delay the game.
Button switching during the loading screen is allowed (e.g. Holding ASSIST 1 to switch your first assist with the point).
You may not use the same character twice on one team.
Winner keeps the same team, while the loser can switch teams.

Soul Calibur 4
PS3
Standard Tournament Rules
US Version

No Custom Chars
Random Stage Select ONLY
Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character.
Default Damage
Default Time
Buttom Mapping Allowed
Camera altering glitches banned

Super Smash Bros: Brawl

Super Smash Bros: Brawl

Super Smash Brothers Brawl "Regular Brawl
Nintendo Wii

Double Elimination Bracket Best 2 out of 3 matches
Winners Finals= 3/5 matches
Losers Final= 3/5
Grand Finals=3/5, the player from the losers must win 2 sets of 3/5

3 Stock, 6 MINUTE TIME LIMIT for singles

All items OFF (including Smash Balls)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: (BRING. YOUR. OWN. CONTROLLER.) NO WIIMOTES OR CLASSIC CONTROLLERS!!! Gamecube controllers only!!!

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Stage List:
Starter
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island

Counter
Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Lylat Cruise, Halberd, Pokémon Stadium 1

Banned STAGES
75m, Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Corneria, Distant Planet, Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Hyrule Temple, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Bros., Mushroomy Kingdom I, Mushroomy Kingdom II, New Pork City, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Rainbow Cruise, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses, Spear Pillar, The Summit, Wario Ware, Green Greens, Mario Circuit, Onett, Pokémon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Dive, Skyworld, Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

- At the beginning of a set, each player may strike 2 stages from the available 11. Of these, only 1 can be from the 4 Neutrals listed above. You may however choose to strike 2 counterpick stages.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks- Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals or semi-fianls are left to the discretion of the tournament host, although best of 5 is recommended for time constraints.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, excessive edge stalling, or any form of stalling under the stage (DK spin, sonic charge B, snake infinite down B teching, etc).

- Any suicide KOs on the final stock resulting in sudden death will result in a loss for the user of this tactic. If it would be a suicide KO and the match screen shows a decisive winner, go with that instead. A Bowsercide final KO results in a win for the Bowser player.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. In the event of a sudden death, both players are to suicide IMMEDIATELY. No fighting with bombs @ 300. At the results screen, regardless of what the screen says, the player with the higher DAMAGE TAKEN is the loser. No exceptions. In the result of a tie, the match will be discarded and played over, same characters and stage. For teams, if this should ever happen, add the damage taken instead for both teams.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I might be interested in attending a few of/these. Sweet.

Edit: I might actually go to this, because Female's graduation is on the 29th (meaning I can't go to Florida).

Umby

Smash Master
I need you guys to come. This is closer to me the than the other tournaments I go to, so it's highly likely that I'll be there.

Unless you guys wanna go to Florida that day.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
This is just going to be a small tournament. Nothing near the scale of Impact Clash.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Hoping to see more of you there! Is there anyone coming for sure that's going to bring a setup with Wii and Brawl? I don't have a setup myself so we may be SOL if no one comes with one. I'll waive the door fee of whomever brings it. Lastly remember guys you can ride the train to this venue. If the turnout is good I'll make it a monthly event.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
I've got someone stating that they are bringing a Wii w/ Brawl so this month will definitely be popping. :) We have two weeks left.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
No problem, it's a monthly so you guys don't have to go out of your way to be there. We'll definitely have one next month.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
If attendance is poor this month hold out for next month. Two major tourneys on the 30th -- one in Tennessee and one in Florida. I know at least half a dozen to a dozen people who will be out of town that would normally attend this.

EDIT: Also can there be teams brawl or melee singles? I know it's not exactly the most important event at the monthly, but if I'm paying $10 for door I'd like to have more than one event to enter... though I'm sure I'll be picking up some more street fighter if I'm in the area. No idea if the melee crowd would attend though.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Doubles will only happen if there's enough teams. We are having a Street Fighter IV 2 v 2 tournament because quite a bit of people are attending for SFIV but it seems that Brawl is a little lacking. We'll keep it in next month's tournament. I didn't know there were so many other tournaments going on May 30th. We should have better luck next month. This will be a continuous monthly tournament.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Doubles will only happen if there's enough teams. We are having a Street Fighter IV 2 v 2 tournament because quite a bit of people are attending for SFIV but it seems that Brawl is a little lacking. We'll keep it in next month's tournament. I didn't know there were so many other tournaments going on May 30th. We should have better luck next month. This will be a continuous monthly tournament.
There's also one in Louisiana that a lot of people are going to... so yeah :\ bad day coincidentally. You can probably count on my attendance next month though.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
^^^^
Wow, what a pouplar date! Just remember June 27th will be Atlanta Revival's June date.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
I tried but not many people saw it. I am having another one next month. So we'll try again. It is a monthly tournament series.

Top Bottom