• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

::MAJOR EMERGENCY::"TOASTY'S LAST STAND" has moved! Because he's about to, too! ;__;

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I have absolutely no legitimate details right now. I just decided to do this today.

I thought the SoVa Melee Revival this past weekend was going to be my last event, but the response was so overwhelmingly positive and the turnout wasn't what I wanted so I can't possibly go out on that note!

Here's what I DO know:
-Melee is the focus.
-Brawl+ will be a side event, depending on how the scene develops.
-I want this to be in the middle of August before people leave for college and such [so any dates you can give as "too late for you to attend" will be very helpful in organizing this...after all, I do this for YOU]
-I want this to be ****ing HUGE.....................relatively speaking. SoVa isn't the biggest scene but any OOS who's been here [NYC, NJ, MD, Northern VA, NC, WV] can attest that we're ****ing awesome and always show everyone a good time.
-Oh...and it will either be in Virginia Beach or Norfolk, Virginia

- oh and lastly: REGULAR BRAWL WILL ALMOST DEFINITELY NOT BE INCLUDED!!! Why? Because I just don't feel like it. [Translation: too many reasons I don't feel like I have to justify to anyone. That's just the decision I made.][/s]

EDITZZZZ: one more thing!!! There's a 1% chance that I will have to cancel this but I won't know for another month or two :( Good news: it's only a 1% chance :)

So what do y'all think?!

Any relevant suggestions and questions are welcomed and encouraged! ^_^

...so...yeah.

I'll give details later, but the point is, the new event for "Toasty's Last Stand" will have to be THIS:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233796

I'll see what I can do about getting the venue to open earlier so that there can be Doubles and Singles...also, THERE WILL BE BRAWL along with Melee and Brawl+ [but only because the event that this will be taking place at was already including Brawl]

Foxy

Smash Master
YESSSSS Brawl+! I commend you for adding the possibility of a side-tourneyy.

Another epic Brawl-less tournament, it just kinda ruins the atmosphere and takes FOREVER to run. =]

I will actually plan on making this, especially to make up canceling my plans to Melee Revival at the last second.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
yeah we missed a LOT of you NC bros this weekend. I was a sad toasty toast :( Good thing I'm an awesome host even outside of tourney to make up for the OOS coming to a lower-than-optimal attendance =D

But yeah figured I'd get the word out way before hand because as far as my life goes right now, that will truly be the last event I host...so I want it to be beyond epic ^_^

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You mean Brawl+, right Kadaj?

Anyway yeah, my orientation starts August 20th, and I start school at the end of that (27th I believe), so those days are no good.

I need to get to a SoVA tournament!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
As bad as I am at melee, if this is truly Toasty's final event, well then I need to be there. Maybe it'll be my first trip to SoVA?

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Something tells me that that I move into college on the 15th. yeah sure its just me, but im moving to raleigh/durham, so idk if all of the NC people have to move in around the same time.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol Kadaj you silly bro.

Lookin forward to playin everyone (been over a month since I've played anyone besides Twitch....)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
there is no brawl Stop being in denial ........

this is TOASTYS event!
listen to this man...good **** Luis...

KADAJ CALM THE **** DOWN FOR REAL. I have no idea what event Otis told you about [unless it's the one in June or some **** with a crapload of other fighting games there...in which case: do yo thing boyyyy]
edit: ah I see you got the memo XD!

Lil B: that's a shame...you'll miss out on all the toastiness that comes with coming to a toasty toast event boi!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
No Brawl? AWESOME! Get that **** outta here.

toasty I can run the Brawl+ tourney if you want. I'm running the one at Apex so I'll have experience. I also stay well-informed about the latest developments in the B+ community, being in the back room and all ;)

toasty

Smash Hero
JCz YAYUHHHZZZZ YOU GOT IT BOY! Goooood ****. I even have a SMALL shot at getting this sponsored [get at me being related directly to a media company that works for Clipse/NERD/The Neptunes among others]

Lil B: if you come to this, I will make you nachos :)

I'm considering having an option for the type of venue fee you pay.

Let's just PRETEND here that the venue fee is $10. If you're entering at least two tournaments [must be paid at the same time as venue is, unless I end up having to do pre-reg for this], then it's $5. If it's one event, then the venue is $7.50 or something.

So basically, any amount of venue fee above $5 will go toward the pot total of the tournament(s) they are NOT entering. This can only be applied to Melee teams and singles winnings as that will be the main event and it will be harder/less impacting to handle the extra cash among all the tourneys together.

Like I said, hypothetical dollar amounts here...the idea is that if people want to come to the event, play friendlies and hang? That's fine, but I'm not about to repeat what happened this past weekend [65+ people, 48 entrants] and screw over anyone who traveled or had to save up for the event etc etc.

I aim for low venue fees in general, so I'm going to maintain my stance on never waiving venue fees [even I paid venue fee at my own tournament, the provisions for which came out of my own pocket]

HMS: I know what you mean. I feel bad for doing it because I love the community and I know the community has a large enough Brawl following, but I have no real interest [at this moment] in including Brawl. Time constraints and an all-too-stressed atmosphere are things I don't want to mess with. Plus I've essentially retired from Brawl, myself.

Besides, Brawl+ is going to be a side event with a lower tourney fee and I don't even know if it will be just singles or both singles AND teams. I have no idea what I'm going to do with B+ yet. I just know that if any kind of Brawl is going to be at this, it's going to be B+.

I'm already including a legit [read: non-side event] SF4 tourney so that's two full tourneys with one side tourney.

Sorry for the letdown, again it's just my decision.

This is going to be so much ****ing fun. It could most likely work out! ^_^

rhan

Smash Hero
Date during the Summer please?

I can't attend anymore tourneys until the school year is done. :(

toasty

Smash Hero
Learn to read, please?

It's going to be in August regardless, I just need to find the exact date.

Part of me is saying August 8th. It seems like anyone going to college will be going to orientation and/or moving in on the 15th and it'd be a shame for them/anyone to miss this ^_^

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
brawl+ huh?? dunno about tourney for a game ive never played. melees always good i guess.

i like brawl.

how bout sf2 side tourney then? lol ill bring the set up

toasty

Smash Hero
H4X, if Brawl+ is indeed going to be at this, you best believe SoVa will have had a taste of this game by then! Don't worry! And I never said I didn't like Brawl. Just FYI. It's an executive decision I had to make for the sake of running this the way I want it to be run :)

c3gill

Smash Ace
a Brawl+ tournament, in VA? in SoVa, no less? yea im already there. <3 for teh Brawl++++++

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hmmm by this time a more solid release of Brawl+ and a more solid ruleset for Brawl+ will have been developed. This will make things easier.

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
well, this sounds fantastic.

I certainly can't confirm myself as of yet, however, i will try my very best to get down here. I will even try and bring my good friend. The only thing that might be a hindrance is that I am trying to go to Florida over the summer, but I have no idea when, if i am at all.

This being said, I would need housing since its the summer and half a dozen other things apply.

Just keep up posted Senor Toast. :D

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Imma try to make it to my first Toasty event :D

Top Bottom