• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Towson Melee-fest!!!

Brock_Lobster

Smash Cadet
SMASH FEST IN TOWSON!!!
*Postponed*

On Friday, June 19th, I'm gonna be hosting a Smash Melee fest, starting around 5pm this time. This seems to be the time most people be showin up to this thing. Plus thats good since i want to play decently into the night w/o my hands falling off (maybe play some Smashed Brothers?). My living room is sufficient to hold 6 or 7 decent sized TV's, at the very least. I will try to have this thing be bi-weekly, if not monthly and will update this as time and availability permits. My address is @ 15 Kenlawn Ct. Towson, 21204. PM me if you need a ride, I'm not promising anything, especially @ last minute, but IF you need a ride, someone here Might be able to pick you up if you live close enough! :)

This is a melee smash fest first and foremost, though tournaments are definitely always a possibility if enough peoples show up. If we are having tournaments here, I'll be sure to lay down the rules and conditions. This isn't limited to smash melee, we have other games and systems here, last time we played Perfect Dark from the n64, we have other games from most systems down to the atari. I'll try my best to get some free foods here, but there will definitely be free drinks and probably alcohol :chuckle:. We will probably do pizza runs, and there are plenty of food places near the area! If you do get too drunk too early, i can't promise you the most comfortable of spaces to pass out in! :bee:

Also, for the optimal smashing conditions, We will need people to bring in extra TV sets, GC/Wii's, along wit copies of the game and memory cards! Also, and this goes w/ out say, Bring Your Own Controller! Can't promise we have enough if you don't bring your own.

I do live in a fairly confusing assortment of apartment complexes, so additional directions may be necessary. The whole place is called the Colony @ Kenilworth, and if you come from 695 - West street or York - West, head down West until you see a cross roads, you should be at the intersection of West/Kenilworth dr. Go across the street, you should see the sign to the Colony at Kenilworth, just head straight across, there should be 2 hills going up and a road leading left and right. Go up the left hill. You should pass 2 road bumps while going up, then take a left at Riordan Terrace which should be after the 2nd bump. This is the area in which i reside. Go down the hill to Kenlawn Ct. Our house should be on the right after you descend the stair case. We are the ones with the biggest outside fence around. This is how you find the house, but you may need to park on the street. *NOTE* you will need to find a VISITOR parking spot or park on the street or else you car runs the risk of being TOWED :mad::mad::mad:

Also, if you get lost or need directions on the fly, contact this number: 410 533 3432 or 443 694 1616.

Parking on the street right outside the colony is permitted, just find a spot along side of the road amongst the other cars you'll see.

What we Have...

- 4 Decent - Large sized TV's
- 2 GC/Wiis w/ game & memory card

What we Need...

We have a decent number of TV's here, so bringing setups is 1st priority.

- 3 TV's
- 5 Setups

Vist

Smash Champion
this sounds good, I could probably make it later on around 9ish after I get off work.

On a side note, there will be smashfests and tournaments coming up at UMBC that will include melee. Check out the thread :cool:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i would probably come with vist whenever he comes up ur guys way.

Brock_Lobster

Smash Cadet
The night of my Prom.... /johns
On Friday.. Man, Weekend would be better.
Well... This isn't set in stone or anything, its still a few weeks off... And this isn't getting much attention as it is, i will probably have to postpone this thing till the weekend, (23rd or 24th) or a later date, unless i get more support on this thing.

I'll be sure to keep this updated for any changes.

Thanks again for any and all input! :p Ima need mad help if this is gonna work out.

Brock_Lobster

Smash Cadet
Ok, so would you guys prefer to have the smashfest on Friday, or the weekend? I need to come to a consensus on this. Either way it doesnt matter to me, I just want to make sure that as many people as possible can make it to this thing.

Brock_Lobster

Smash Cadet
I'm down for either, although people usually have more free time on weekends for fests and such..
Weekends are better overall.
Ok, so I've moved the date of the smashfest to Saturday, May 23rd, also, I moved the actual time back to 6pm, since it seems that most people wont be comin till later, which is fine. If you have any questions/suggestions, feel free to let me know. K, thx, bye! :lick:

skyheart

Smash Lord
I think the time should start earlier at like 1-2pm. Because some people wont be able to stay that late, that way people can come early or late. Thats the time most fests usually start anyways around 1pm

Brock_Lobster

Smash Cadet
I think the time should start earlier at like 1-2pm. Because some people wont be able to stay that late, that way people can come early or late. Thats the time most fests usually start anyways around 1pm
Point taken. I'll re-reformat this to have the 'doors open' as it were at 2pm. (1pm at this point in time in the summer still a lil too early for me) My main goal is to try to get as many people as possible to this thing. I dont want to have it so that everyone shows up and leaves at different times throughout the day so that a true smashfest never occurs. So the smashing will begin at 2 and will continue till everyones gone. If we do get enough people to be here, we'll get a tournament goin.

As a reminder, this is an apartment (w/ a giant *** living room :p) so we have a limited amount of supplies. For best gaming experience, it's recommended that you gather all the supplies you can, and make sure you label them somehow as to not get confused about what's who's. :chuckle:

Brock_Lobster

Smash Cadet
So how many setups max can you have? Just so we can see how many to bring or not.
I've never done this before, but I estimate at least 7 set ups. We have 4 decent - large sized TV's and several smaller ones, but i hope it doesnt come to using them :p

We also have 2 GC/Wii and 2 copies of the game w/ memory cards

I'll post what we have/need as far as set up supplies go in an edit...

The Newb

Smash Ace
This **** looks gewd. I'll be there, possibly with a Twig in tow.

I may also be able to bring a full setup. I'll get back to you on that.

skyheart

Smash Lord
I may bring a tv, but its very unlikely only cause im too lazy to carry it around. but im 100% sure im bringing melee, cube and memorycard

The Newb

Smash Ace
um. pardon me for not knowing better. but wtf is a twig in tow?

also, sweet!
Twig is a smasher from the Frederick area (same as me) who has been playing since 2005. Plank referred to himself in the third person whilst talking to Vist, so I thought I'd be really cool like him and refer to Twig in the same fashion. Now, if only I could camp like Plank...

Also: I suppose it was a little presumptuous to invite myself, considering I highly doubt I've ever met you. I won't break anything and I promise not to steal anything :)

Brock_Lobster

Smash Cadet
Twig is a smasher from the Frederick area (same as me) who has been playing since 2005. Plank referred to himself in the third person whilst talking to Vist, so I thought I'd be really cool like him and refer to Twig in the same fashion. Now, if only I could camp like Plank...

Also: I suppose it was a little presumptuous to invite myself, considering I highly doubt I've ever met you. I won't break anything and I promise not to steal anything :)
haha, no problems man, you and your friends are welcome, the more the better.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Aw ****, I forgot my parents are going out of the country this weekend. :(
I can't come. ;______;

skyheart

Smash Lord
awwwww, I cant make it =( i have things to do saturday. If only you didn't change the date from friday =(

Top Bottom