• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Towson Melee-fest!!!

Twig

Smash Journeyman
Curious, how many people are we expecting for this, with sky/bomb dropping out?

skyheart

Smash Lord
hmmm thats a good question, about 5-6 people were gonna come with me. but i have things i gotta do saturday

Brock_Lobster

Smash Cadet
....what? seriously. i don't believe this. at all. Things to do? can you be more specific. or is this a joke. i hope it is :(

Brock_Lobster

Smash Cadet
Aw ****, I forgot my parents are going out of the country this weekend. :(
I can't come. ;______;
and there's no way you can make it down, just for one day? i fail to see how parents going out has to do w/ having to be present at your house. hire someone to look after **** if you have to! this is way too ****ty to be true!

skyheart

Smash Lord
Well saturdays I have youth group to go to. I was going to just go to your smashfest instead but my old praise and worship leader is coming back this saturday so I have to be there. srry, i really really really really really really wanted to go to this. been waiting to go all week but ehhh things happen =(

Brock_Lobster

Smash Cadet
Well saturdays I have youth group to go to. I was going to just go to your smashfest instead but my old praise and worship leader is coming back this saturday so I have to be there. srry, i really really really really really really wanted to go to this. been waiting to go all week but ehhh things happen =(
:( alright, well despite all the setbacks, im still hosting this, Skyheart, you should tell your friends about ****, so maybe they can still come? Everyone should try to bring as many people as possible to this now. hopefully this will still be decent sized. also, thx for everoyone still supporting this! :lick:

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I don't know anyone who would drive me there.

Although I can come if you do it again some other Saturday.

Bliss

Smash Rookie
I am pretty sure I'll be able to come, and if I do I might be able to bring a wii, gamecube, 2 copies of melee, 2 memory cards, and a tv. I'd have to find the second copy of melee but I'm pretty confident I'll be able to. I'll try to bring a friend as well.

Brock_Lobster

Smash Cadet
I am pretty sure I'll be able to come, and if I do I might be able to bring a wii, gamecube, 2 copies of melee, 2 memory cards, and a tv. I'd have to find the second copy of melee but I'm pretty confident I'll be able to. I'll try to bring a friend as well.
That is so freakin Gangster, you have no idea...

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
Also, I'm brinin' part of a handle of captain.

ALSO, I probably will break and steal things, but everything i break and steal will belong to vist, the newb, and DOSV.

Just tossing that out there.

The Newb

Smash Ace
Turned out pretty well. From about 2:00 to 6:00, Twig, his friend, Anthony, and I were the only ones besides Brock there. Other people eventually showed up, and Vist made his star appearance later in the evening. Overall, it was pretty sick. I had a great time, and I hope there's more in the future.

Bliss

Smash Rookie
Yeah it was lots of fun even though I got ***** by The Newb and Twig for hours. I definitely hope there are more so I can redeem myself. Oh this is Craig btw.

Brock_Lobster

Smash Cadet
Yeah it was lots of fun even though I got ***** by The Newb and Twig for hours. I definitely hope there are more so I can redeem myself. Oh this is Craig btw.
...you were the guy with the sick nasty guitar skillz right? I'd prefer to have that kinda mastery over smash any day :p Honestly tho, seeing that is gonna make me freshen up on my music theory and guitar playing abilities

With that said, had a freakin awesome time, definitely gonna have another one in 2 or 3 weeks, with hopefully more people that can make it. And Twig, Newbercruiser, and DosV definitely owned my face.

The only thing i regret is not finishing off that captain morgan :p

The Newb

Smash Ace
Doesn't matter how you play in Smash when you can play the guitar like that. That being said, your Falco is definitely pretty good. Keep working on it.

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
hahaha

Welllllllllllll

The captain was brought incase of a different turn out of gentlepeople. Sadly It got late quick, and I did have the priority to come home.

=,[

Vist

Smash Champion
fun stuff; looking forward to the next one :)

wish I could have come earlier / been there longer but it was better than nothing. It was cool meeting everyone that I didn't know and seeing some old faces.

good stuff twig ****** my **** when i first got there XD i definitely needed to get the brawl mode beat out of me

also good stuff newb we didnt get to play lol :( you lost a lot of weight man that's really impressive

I will keep everyone posted about the rescheduled UMBC sheezy...

The Newb

Smash Ace
fun stuff; looking forward to the next one :)

wish I could have come earlier / been there longer but it was better than nothing. It was cool meeting everyone that I didn't know and seeing some old faces.

good stuff twig ****** my **** when i first got there XD i definitely needed to get the brawl mode beat out of me

also good stuff newb we didnt get to play lol :( you lost a lot of weight man that's really impressive

I will keep everyone posted about the rescheduled UMBC sheezy...
I have a bad habit of not playing as many people as I'd like to at whatever tournament/fest I go to. Get that UMBC tournament shiz worked out and I'll be there for sure.

Twig

Smash Journeyman
Good games everyone! Thanks a ton for hosting this Brock, perfect dark was too good!

Hopefully there will be more fests like this in MD/VA, revive that melee ****zzz!

Brock_Lobster

Smash Cadet
Good games everyone! Thanks a ton for hosting this Brock, perfect dark was too good!

Hopefully there will be more fests like this in MD/VA, revive that melee ****zzz!
hahaha, yes, there will be more perfect dark on the next smash fest, as well as *atari Warlords which i will be sure to set up next time. Proxy Mines FTW! :lick:

Next time, I think Ima hold it a lil later, prolly around 5ish, since that seemed to be the time most people showed up, I want to have it so most people show up around the same time.

And yea, I'll be practice up definitely since i know whats up. That and look around the threads for more Smashfests around the MD/VA area. Also this w/ Vists smashfests, should make for a great Melee Summer.

skyheart

Smash Lord
you dont know me, but i know you...well kinda sorta know who you are i guess? but yea srry i couldn't make it to this. the only way i'll be able to make it is if its on a friday =(

Brock_Lobster

Smash Cadet
you dont know me, but i know you...well kinda sorta know who you are i guess? but yea srry i couldn't make it to this. the only way i'll be able to make it is if its on a friday =(
Well I don't really have a preference either way, I could hold the next one on friday, it doesn't really matter to me. The only reason I had this one on saturday was because bombe1c commented that it was more advantageous to have it on saturday, and no one really objected to it.

For now, at least, it's in the power of the majority of who wants to come when which decides when my smashfests are going to take place :lick:

The Newb

Smash Ace
Well I don't really have a preference either way, I could hold the next one on friday, it doesn't really matter to me. The only reason I had this one on saturday was because bombe1c commented that it was more advantageous to have it on saturday, and no one really objected to it.

For now, at least, it's in the power of the majority of who wants to come when which decides when my smashfests are going to take place :lick:
I, for one, don't really care what day it is, so long as it does not conflict with other possible smash events.

Bliss

Smash Rookie
Doesn't matter how you play in Smash when you can play the guitar like that. That being said, your Falco is definitely pretty good. Keep working on it.
Thanks, and yeah I've been trying to get in practice with the few people I know that actually play melee.

Can't wait 'till the next one!

Brock_Lobster

Smash Cadet
This is going to be postponed, I probably should have gotten to this sooner, but I was kinda busy fora bit. The next one may be a few weeks from now, I'll be sure to keep it updated.

skyheart

Smash Lord
Chyea im def coming to the next one, but pleeeaaase try to make it on a friday. if its saturday i dont think me and my crew can make it.

Brock_Lobster

Smash Cadet
Chyea im def coming to the next one, but pleeeaaase try to make it on a friday. if its saturday i dont think me and my crew can make it.
And friday should be good for a lot of people, too. :D
Your wish has been granted...

The next Smashfest at Brockhouse will be on Friday June 19th.

So make sure to try free your schedule, I'll try to make sure this time to have phone numbers that should be available to reach. Sorry for the inconvenience last time.

Top Bottom