• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**$1000+ POT BONUS** MIB #1 - Michigan VS The World, Ann Arbor MI [LATE SEPTEMBER]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
-=/MIB#1, Michigan VS The World\=-

The first MIB event, Michigan VS The World held in Ann Arbor MI, is coming August 28-30th (the date has been moved a week earlier to August 21-23rd) with a pot bonus of at least $1000! This will kick off the single biggest league the Midwest has ever seen, with big names like Mew2King, Ally, and Anther already confirmed to be going!

The official MIB league thread can be found here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231247

How it works

MIB is a Super Smash Brothers Brawl League that will span 6 months (August 2009 - January 2010). We are currently in talks with several sponsors, and can assure you that this will be the biggest Smash League that the midwest (or perhaps the United States) has ever seen. There will be huge pot bonuses at every tournament along with prizes such as Nintendo Wii's, DS's and other gaming related products.

Here's how the scoring system will work:

At each tournament, players will receive MIB points based on their results. The point breakdown will look like this:

1st - 1000
2nd - 900
3rd - 800
4th - 700
5th - 600
7th - 500
9th - 400
13th - 300
17th - 200
25th - 100
33rd and below - 50

At the end of the season, each player will divide their TOTAL POINTS by 5 to determine their end point value and rank in MIB Season 1.

However, one thing that is unique about MIB is that when the league comes to a close, players will be allowed to drop their lowest score from the season. This means that if you have a horrible performance at one tournament during the season, you can still recover by placing higher at all the other ones. Also, if you are unable to attend a specific event, you can use that as the score that you drop at the end of the season. If a player chooses to drop a score, their total will be divided by 4 instead of 5 to get their end point value.

MIB will also feature a Crew Championship. Here's how it works:

Crews will register online with a crew name and up to 10 crew members.

At each MIB League event, there will be a crew battle. Each crew will be allowed to use 4 - 8 of its members for the crew battle.

Crew Battle Scoring

1st place crew - 3 points
2nd place crew - 2 points
3rd place crew - 1 point

Schedule (Tentative)

Friday, August 28th:
12pm - Doors open
8pm - Crews

Saturday, August 29th:
10am - Doubles/Singles Registration Begin
12pm - Doubles Pools Begin
4pm - Singles Pools Begin

Sunday, August 30th:
11am - Doubles Bracket Begins
3pm - Singles Bracket Begins

Housing

Everyone can sleep at the venue!

Come and play Smash with some of the best in the world for 3 days and 2 nights straight!! All you have to pay is a single charge that combines both the venue and the housing fee for only $20!

Venue information will be updated later.

Prizes

At the end of the season 1st - 4th place in each category (Singles, Doubles and Crews) will receive prizes/money. Thanks to sponsorship and advertising, we are expecting a massive pot by the end of the season. The MIB League will take 10% from each event along with any extra venue fee money to use for the prize pool.

We will also hold a RAFFLE at these events, with prizes that range from a free drink to new controllers to a Nintendo DSi.

Rules

Will be posted sometime in the near future.

Pre-Registration

There will be a website for people to pre-register! The URL will be posted once the website is finished.

Setups

We need setups! You will get a discount off of the venue fee if you bring one, and you will help make this a success. We're counting on you guys!

List of Attendees

1. Mew2King
2. Ally
3. Anther
4. SamuraiPanda
5. Rofa
6. Lain
7. Judge
8. Omniswell
9. Bowyer
10. Needle of Juntah
11. Hunger
12. Nope
13. Cake
14. Capem
15. Champ
16. Fonz
17. Lou
18. Dark Kakashi (+ a full car)
19. Eighteen Spikes
20. ASC
21. Kit
22. Jordan
23. Nicole
24. Busa
25. EpicProportions
26. Fino
27. Hilt
28. Ook
29. Sago
30. Overswarm
31. dj_Iskascribble
32. TheBlueBlade
33. XeroXen
34. King Yoshi
35. Mister Eric
36. Xisin
37. IrisKong
38. The Sauce Boss
39. Dope

...And many more to come!

Nope

Smash Lord
Springfield will probably at least make it up to this first one put Nope, Cake, Capem, Champ, Fonz and Lou on that list please! This sounds like a lot of fun

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I'll be showing up, I like Michigan and I like traveling there anyway. lol

I'll see who I bring with me, but it will be probably be a full car of Illinois Smashers. lol

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
whoa, asc and fino are coming to this? good ****.

expect louisville as well. We'll definitely be making it out to this.

cant wait :D

ook

Smash Lord
hell YES, put me on the list :bee:

Gonna be awesome, can't wait.

I'll be showing up, I like Michigan and I like traveling there anyway. lol

I'll see who I bring with me, but it will be probably be a full car of Illinois Smashers. lol
:)

EDIT: What does it mean by "$1000 pot bonus"? Is that $1000 in addition to the normal entry fee pot? (by like, sponsors and stuff)? cause that'd be amazing

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
im not sure when the move in date for michigan is, if im still at home during the tourney then i can house some ppl, i guess, depending on who you are =P

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Put me down for this, since there is gonna be no more MWC...

I will also try and bring a full car, probably get Asdioh and Xero to come.

King~

Smash Champion
long as nothing dramatic happens around then i should be there with the rest of the NE ohio kids who play brawl at the time

IrisKong

Smash Lord
pft, August? thats plenty of time to request it off, ill be there to get rocked, hopefully I will at least be a challenge by them :p

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Expecta new marth outta me in the next few weeks. Working on a different style :) I'll be here like Eric said and will finally have more than one dominant style to work with while playing my character... should help my placing.

be warned I'm taking top 3. :)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Expecta new marth outta me in the next few weeks. Working on a different style :) I'll be here like Eric said and will finally have more than one dominant style to work with while playing my character... should help my placing.

be warned I'm taking top 3. :)
Speaking of training.... In a matter of a week I will have exhausted any and all responsibilities and am considering some hardcore training.

As in driving to another state and playing smash for a few days, sleeping on another smasher's couch and playing a ton of smash to improve with multiple characters / matchups and create a lot of cool videos.

If anyone is interested in doing some hardcore training... lemme know. Send me a PM, I feel like I might actually live this summer Forward style, I'm just not too sure on the details.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Don't you have to make money at tournaments to live Forward style?
I quit my job several months ago and have been living off tournament money ever since.

FYI, I have a better tournament record than you. ;D

START THE TRASH TALK NOW. It must go on for four months straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom