• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
Daiki (Wario) & Umehara (Peach) defeated M2K & Vinnie in losers bracket.
All of American and European teams are out.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
what did m2k and vinnie place?

:phone:
Stream said they got destroyed.

Edit: They lost to Daiki + Umeki in losers, a Peach and Wario team.

Edit: The streamer is saying there is a big debate in japan right now on which is better in teams: Double MK or Double Wario. Semi finals right now is double mk vs double wario. kakera and maguro vs yukke and abadango

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
PikaPika and Shadow outplaced M2K/Vinnie >_> lol.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
M2Vinnie vs. Kakera/Maguro wasn't really destruction, but they did lose pretty badly. We didn't see them get eliminated in losers, though, so who knows how that went.

We saw the team that beat them, though, and the didn't look particularly good.

EDIT: If the NND info is accurate day 2 will start at 9:30 AM Japan time, and they'll need to switch to the second stream 6 hours later at 3:30 PM. For those of us on EST, that's http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv103281473 at 8:30 PM and http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv103281662 at 2:30 AM.

But y'all should just watch on http://ja.twitch.tv/filip1122 if not both. Thanks as always to Unneurotic for the links.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yup, Japan is undoubtedly the superior country in doubles. Convinced of it now.

Good **** to the Japanese Peaches btw.

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
"East Japan vs Other regions" Crew battle (8 vs 8) will be happened tomorrow.

East Japan - 1: Nietono 2: Rain 3: Otori 4: Yui 5: Brood 6: Mikeneko 7: ? 8: ? (the two players aren't decided yet)

Other regions - I guess the members will be selected from M2K, Vinnie, Earth, Masha, Sakasaka, Kakera, Maguro, Kie, Aki and quiKsilver.

Cassio

Smash Master
Carlos Zambrano
Ok...

1. Japan is WAYYYY better in doubles than we all thought initially. Remember what it was like at Apex? Now imagine half the room having weird shenanigans.
2. A lot of their randoms would 3 stock our randoms.
3. Wario is completely underrated in the US
4. %80 of MK`s can keep up with M2K (What does that tell you about our MK`s?)
5. They all have an eagerness to learn easily exceeding the US`
6. They don`t even play for money normally!!!
7. North America needs to step it up...NOW.

Carlos Zambrano Let me give you a reference point**

Vinnie and M2K got 17th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
SRT Doubles Results
Bracket

1: Kakera&Maguro
2: Otori&Misaka
3: Brood&Yui
4: Yukhoe&Abadango
5: Earth&Fuwa
5: Sakasaka&Syuin
7: Torin&Ken
7: Nietono&El
9: Pikapika&Shadow
9: Rain&Namarta
9: Masha&Nariyasu
9: Kairo&Mikeneko
13: Aki&Wanapero
13: Daiki&Umeki
13: Kurobi&SIN
13: Sigma&Soul
17: Sol&Koda
17: Raoh&Shimamura
17: Mew2king&Vinnie
17: Canpy&Ren
17: Dio&Tige
17: Lagnel&Laki
17: Kamemushi&Titana
17: Mofmof&Oprin
25: TMNS&Bori
25: Rakyawo&U-non
25: Nyagato&Sandaga
25: Suinoko&SYGNUSS
25: Kuro&Kie
25: OToMo&Taro
25: Havok&Hall
25: MnZok&Harvest

clowsui

Smash Legend
Apparently Vinnie has a reputation for being *** in doubles in NY (source: ANTi) but it's still worthy of note that while M2K could carry people alone to top5 in the USA V+M2K placed outside t16 in JP

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
For everybody who was asking "omg is _______ gonna be on youtube????111!!!," just trawl through the videos on fillip1122's twitch.tv channel. SRBT from yesterday as well as (I assume) all of Sumabato is up there, so just find the match you want --> download/record --> upload to YT yourself.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Only one twitch link, which will switch between the two NND links for us when it's time.

Tesh

Smash Hero
M2K/Vinnie had no teamwork. Its hard as hell to kill double MK when you aren't setting up kills.

Maguro and Kakera kept getting kills with bthrow-shuttle loop and whatnot. Vinnie and M2K should do alot better in singles.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't know how you can really get any more destroyed than that at high level play...

Djent

Smash Champion
Mew2King/Vinnie losing to Kakera/Maguro isn't *that* surprising (those guys are freakin' good), but I'm surprised that Daiki's team managed to knock them out of Losers'. Please tell me that it was at least a Bo3 set - I always thought Bo1 Losers' obscured some of the great talent in the Japanese Doubles scene.

Tesh

Smash Hero
its bo1 all the way until semi finals i think. so who knows what could have happened.

Dcold

Smash Lord
I think it's WB is best of 3 and LB is Bo1? I'm really not sure and haven't been paying the most attention, but that's what it seems like.

And I don't believe M2k and Vinnie have ever teamed, so they kinda were going into that as 2 people good at Singles playing doubles. And I'm not sure how good Vinnie actually is in doubles, but nonetheless they did get lit up, but not as if it were by a laughable team. Bair+Dthrow though.....@____@

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
If you guys haven't watched their goofy matches you should they are hilarious. Duelist with a random metaknight and Ganon trios with bumpers on some crazy custom stage lol

Looks so fun.

Top Bottom