• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Assuming the bracket remains as is (and that I'm counting correctly), one out of Nietono, 9B, M2K, and Otori must place no higher than 13th.

clowsui

Smash Legend
>look at bracket
>Mikeneko vs RAIN WR3

Bad Luck Marth Main:

Made it to bracket with first seed

Hope I make it far in loser's

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Yeah this bracket is set up incredibly strangely. So far we've got Nietono vs 9B and M2K vs Otori... in WR4, and the winners of that will play in Winner's quarters. Admittedly I'm not all that familiar with the various japanese players, but it's hard to imagine the other quarters of the bracket being anywhere near that stacked.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
>look at bracket
>Mikeneko vs RAIN WR3

Bad Luck Marth Main:

Made it to bracket with first seed

Hope I make it far in loser's
You think that's bad? Get load of Nietono vs Aki, Kuroobi vs 9B, daiki vs Maguro, Shu vs Yui and Brood vs Vinnie in WR2 then.

:059:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Hasnt m2k lost to a pit, gotten exposed in doubles and lost a set to kyuubi while on the very tip top of his game?

So far, I have seen absolutely ZERO evidence that would lead me to believe that M2K is going to win this tournament.

Sounds like anybody who does might be jock riding a little too hard.

:phone:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Hasnt m2k lost to a pit, gotten exposed in doubles and lost a set to kyuubi while on the very tip top of his game?

So far, I have seen absolutely ZERO evidence that would lead me to believe that M2K is going to win this tournament.

Sounds like anybody who does might be jock riding a little too hard.

:phone:
M2K did team with Vinnie, who was never that great at doubles.

He has been going even or beating the players Nietono, Brood, 9B, and many other top players.

I don't know if he can win, but he surely has chance at it. Its not like he's guaranteed to face the Pits or Ocean at this tournament.

clowsui

Smash Legend
You think that's bad? Get load of Nietono vs Aki, Kuroobi vs 9B, daiki vs Maguro, Shu vs Yui and Brood vs Vinnie in WR2 then.

:059:
It's more like Mikeneko is 0-10498310984 against RAIN lmao. Of course other parts of the bracket are ridiculous but out of the 14 other people he could've played he faces the one person who he has NEVER won a set against? This kind of misfortune is reserved for Marth mains.

Also I was wrong, it's WR4. Didn't realize it was a 96 man haha

Luigisama

Smash Champion
The stream's still not up is it?
it's up during Japan's time. Different time zone. So you have to be awake in the morning to watch the stream. Also the stream has been up, but only during the morning of US time. You can find the matches on fillips twitch channel.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Today's stream is slated to start at 9:30 AM again (Sunday), which is 8:30 PM (Saturday) EST. Unfortunately, the streams seem to be starting 30 - 45min late consistently, and once they start, there is usually another hour of nothing happening.

The previous one was even worse, because after that we had to watch their FFA side event instead of pools. Today should be 100% brackets, though... I hope...

zmx

Smash Lord
it's up during Japan's time. Different time zone. So you have to be awake in the morning to watch the stream. Also the stream has been up, but only during the morning of US time. You can find the matches on fillips twitch channel.
I'm well aware of how timezones work but I didn't know what time they were planning to start it/stream it.

To the other poster thanks. 9'30 AM...sounds pretty darn early.

Djent

Smash Champion
So I should tune in about 10 p.m. tonight? Good - I have another livestream to watch all day anyway. :bee:

EDIT: Regarding M2K, he's going to either get Top 3 or completely flop. It's going to hinge on whether he can beat Otori and the winner of 9B/Kuroobi/Nietono/Aki. If he does, he probably gets super confident and plays great all the way to winners' finals. If not, he goes to losers' early and probably doesn't finish top 8.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Crews are happening now. A wario is destroying lifes. He beat M2K, Magarua(sp? a top mk that took 1st in teams with kakera iirc), Kei, and took a stock off mashas falco for 8 stocks with his 3.
Oh.

My.

That is ridiculous.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just tried making a prediction post based on the bracket...it's too hard :(. I have no idea what's going to happen lol. I think M2K will either get top 5 or 13th depending on if he beats otori or not. Vinnie I see getting either 5th or like..17th lol depending on if he beats brood. I think Rain/Kakera will go far and 9B will win.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The commentator just said that 9B did in fact play his pool and didn't drop a single game.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't know what the commentator was talking about then lol.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
U missed Quik bein a lil sexy
Im stuCK watChin WHOBO vids...

I've been watChin ESPY vs RYO over and OVER....

:sonic:

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
Updated Bracket

65: Wanapero/わなぺろ
65: Seruka/セルカ
65: Nyagato/にゃがと
65: Akira/あきら
65: Manegi/マネギ
65: TMNS/たまにゃそ
65: Coral/こーらる
65: Medou/メドウ
65: Nyanko/ニャンこ
65: U-non/ゆのん
65: FILIP
65: Aile/えーる
65: Metaby/メタビィー
65: Shimamura/しまむら
65: Kairo/かいろ
65: Yukikaze/雪風
65: Umeki/梅原昌希
65: Frea
65: Smasher/スマッシャー
65: Sigma/シグマ
65: Eve/イヴさん
65: Kuraudo
65: skpk35
65: harvest
65: SweetPea/スイートピー
65: PG/グラフィティ
65: Torin/トリン
65: Rakyawo/らきゃを
65: 2inT/ついんて
65: Minaki/ミナキ
65: Gengar/ゲガン
65: Runpa/るんぱ
97: Fuwa/ふわ

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Thanks for the brackets Nuerotic. I'm at a party now so I can't watch the stream atm but these updates are great.

Top Bottom