• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beyond the Limit Results! - First Major Brawl+ Event! (5/16) Videos Up!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Videos of most of the exciting matches late in the tourney can be found on the Beyond the Limit page on FRTC. Click on the FRTC Posts and Media link on that page for the videos. High Quality matches will be up soon.

(Yea that's right, a Chibo tourney that ran quick, smooth, and was 100% on time, all with enough setups!)

Tourney thread here

Thank you everyone who attended Beyond the Limit!

I'd like to personally congratulate the winners of the tournament, AndyG, MexiMadnez, Teh_Spamerer, GuruKid, Blackanese, and RyokoYaksa, all who placed top 3 in either Singles, Doubles or both.

It was amazing watching Brawl+ played at such a high and competitive level, it really re-kindled my love for the game. AndyG with the Olimar and everyone's favorite - Falcon, MexiMadnez with this being the first time playing Brawl+ in about 6 months, and Teh_Spamerer with the drive to win, and a truly nasty Fox. Blackanese and GuruKid were beast at Doubles, very impressive.

The commentary on the final matches was obviously hilarious by myself, Phillyrider, Truth, and Count Kaiser. My Professor Birch-like knowledgeable commentary was too good! Get at me!

The interactive livestream with the polls was hilarious!

JCaesar is awesome for living up to his end of the *****-up match, I was so scared I would have to do it :/
It takes a real man to do it!

My condolences to Shell, who had his van broken into last night while parked in Philly.

Thanks to the WBR for helping me get a solid codeset and for building this game to what it is today. Squirtle, Marth, and Fox are too broken!

A BIG special thanks to the out of state attendance at the event! Not only did we have the locals, but we had players from NJ, from NY, MD, as north as RI, and as far out west as Ohio and Arizona! WTF! You guys helped make this tourney stand out amongst all others!

The FR Tourney Central site worked awesome for it's first use. You can check it out here, with the page for BtL here. At the BtL page on FRTC, you can find the chatroom, images of the bracket (soon to be updated so their filled out), and videos from the event (low quality with commentary, high quality will be uploaded tomorrow). These videos can be found in the ustream window on the page.

Doubles (16 Entrants)

1: Masturbation Association Annihilation (GuruKid + Blackanese) ($96.00)
2: Your Face For Dinner (MexiMadnez + RyokoYaksa) ($48.00)
3: Tacos of Calamitous Death (NinjaLink + AndyG) ($16.00)
4: JTUSM (JCaesar + TUSM)
5: The Stolen Frosty of Justice (ChiboSempai + Vex Kasrani)
5: Brandon Mother ****ers (Turbogilman + Steve Harrison)
7: Zansatsu - It's What We Do (Lord Knight + Spammer)
7: Almas Likes Trouser Snake (The Cape + Shanus)
9: Night Elf Sausages (Silven + Basic Sausage)
9: The Mustard of Hazard (Shortline + Yeroc)
9: We Bless The Rains In Georgia (Beat + Africa)
9: The Count of Muppet Treasure Island (Gonzo + Count Kaiser)
13: Team Turkey (Ruckus + Goon)
13: **** Yo' Couch (Ruidz + Truth)
13: I Don't Know (Zozma + Shell)
13: Kings of Poor Imagination (Krazz + HND)

Singles (41 Entrants)

1: AndyG ($280.00) :olimar::falcon:
2: MexiMadnez ($80.00) :squirtle:
3: Spammer ($40.00) :fox::marth:
4: Vex Kasrani :lucario::marth:
5: Gonzo :kirby2::zerosuitsamus:
5: NinjaLink :pikachu2::diddy:
7: GuruKid :pt::squirtle:
7: The Cape :mario2:
9: Truth :falcon::falco::kirby2:
9: JCaesar :squirtle::rob:
9: Ryoko :zelda::shiek::zerosuitsamus:
9: Turbogilman :dedede::fox:
13: Basic Sausage
13: Shanus :fox::squirtle:
13: Thunderhorse :falco:
13: Count Kaiser :gw:
17: Rush :diddy:
17: Lord Knight :fox:
17: ChiboSempai :rob::warioc:
17: Shortline :rob:
17: Silven
17: Steve Harrison :dk2:
17: TUSM :dedede::kirby2:
17: Phillyrider :peach::zerosuitsamus:
25: Krazz
25: Ebo
25: Zozma :lucario::sonic:
25: CMP
25: Naza
25: Africa :dk2::wario:
25: Yeroc
25: Cylf :luigi2:
33: Shell
33: Flizzz
33: Celus
33: Bakuryu
33: Bolt
33: HND
33: Ruidz
33: Goon
33: Ruckus

You can find the bracket images for Singles and Doubles (along with some vids) at the FRTC page HERE.

Almas

Smash Lord
ChiboSempai said:
7: Almas Likes Trouser Snake (The Cape + Shanus)
D:

I'm really happy to see Brawl+ to progress this far. Congrats to all the winners =). I'm kinda sad that Truth didn't recognise the name of some of the contributors on the project in the commentary (he had never heard of Paprika!), but I guess that just goes to show how fast this is spreading.

Awesome stuff.

Rocann

Smash Lord
2: MexiMadnez - amazing falcon dittos at the end. each so close. SO good squirtle
3: Spammer - olimar is gay, we still had good matches.
4: Vex Kasrani - I didn't get to play you any for real :-\
5: Gonzo - cool meeting you, fun kirby
5: NinjaLink - saving for after
9: Truth - sick commentary
9: JCaesar - fun squirts and rob. fun times on the lag TV.
9: Ryoko - sweet peach/zelda. one of the scariest matches of the tourney here
9: Turbogilman - showed me how they do in MD/VA
13: Shanus - sexy falcon
17: Rush - dthrow dthrow dthrow dthrow utilt
17: Lord Knight - "BECAUSE I WAS INVINCIBLE YOU ****" rofl I love you
17: ChiboSempai - awesome tourney
17: Shortline - good games early on
17: Steve Harrison - real talk people that use their real names are cool kids
17: TUSM - ;)
17: Phillyrider - captain falcon captain falcon ganondorf. ganondorf. captain falcon captain falcon LUCAS! ganondorf.
25: Krazz - Arrows are deadly.
25: Zozma - killer player
25: Africa - bless those rains.
25: Cylf - always a pleasure
33: Flizzz - I hate FFIV
33: Celus - come to more stuff!

blackanese it was awesome seeing you even though we only talked a little

NINJALINK I AM SO SO SORRY FOR MY ****TY PERFORMANCE IN DOUBLES

I killed you like 10 times today and got gimped myself like a little girl in all the matches we lost against mexi/ryoko. I wasn't pulling my weight at all, it felt like. I feel really horrible :( if you never wanna team again it's cool :(

Fun fun tourney

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm so glad this tourney was so fun and amazing :)

I'm also so tired from it all... I'm sure 2.5 hours of sleep the night before it didn't help :laugh:

I have a lil more work to do on it and I'll get to videos tomorrow hopefully. Maybe I'll do shoutoutz tonight.

Everyone add the characters you used.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
im pretty sure gurukid also used PT even though I wasnt there. just saying, since he's a PT main. nice at guru and blacka winning. nuff props to yall

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Cape is all 100% + now. He's still around. It's just that he's in the Army so he's always movin' around and stuff (currently stationed in Arizona but flew to Philly to meet up with his family and for this event), but he'll be back in PA for a bit starting in September.

Ryoko's always been floating around here but never entering tourneys too often. We play smash on occasion at my place since I live a block away from one of his friend's places in Philly.

Yea LK was mad random lol. But he said he almost likes vB better. So do I, but I can't deny how much fun this game was today. LK also pops into some of the DSO Biweeklies on occasion.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
This was entertaining and fun to watch on livestream. everyone there made it cool to watch and made it a good time. Even though i wasn't allowed to go, i still had fun(if that makes sense)

btw needs more sonic :(

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
1: AndyG-Don't get any ideas. Congrats, anyway.
2: MexiMadnez-Nice job. Since I almost beat you, I feel like I should've gotten like third or fourth.
3: Spammer-Didn't see you too much, but nice placing.
4: Vex Kasrani-Your Lucario is kinda scary.
5: Gonzo-Now I know who created the Gonzo Combo.
5: NinjaLink-(taunts)Moar Booser(taunts)
7: GuruKid-Nice meeting you, looking forward to next time. Good ish in doubles. Again, since we almost beat you and Blackanese, I feel like JCeasar and I should've gotten second.
7: The Cape-Didn't see much of you throughout the tourney, but we had a fun doubles set.
9: Truth-This space was intentionally left blank.
9: JCaesar-To be honest, we did WAAAAY better than I thought we would. I had my "sorry I let you down speech" ready and everything. Just imagine if we won our first match...
9: Ryoko-Didn't see much
9: Turbogilman-I don't dislike you; I just dislike your character. Pikachu is gay.
13: Basic Sausage-Didn't see...at all.
13: Shanus-See Cape
13: Thunderhorse-Didn't see
13: Count Kaiser-I had fun in our doubles set.
17: Rush-Only person here begging to play regular Brawl.
17: Lord Knight-Didn't see.
17: ChiboSempai-You can't play B+ effectively with a Brawl mindset. Also, I used Dedede a little more than I used Kirby.
17: Shortline-Didn't see
17: Silven-I wish we had a chance to play, your Ike looked great.
17: Steve Harrison-Full name FTW, but I don't remember seeing you.
17: TUSM-Too much to say. First off, amazing 2v1 taunt against NinjaLink and AndyG. Amazing taunting in general, really, don't stop. If people haven't taken notice, they must be blind.
17: Phillyrider-You're only as good as the person you train with.....I don't know where I got that from.
25: Krazz-Didn't see
25: Ebo-Didn't see
25: Zozma-Didn't see
25: CMP-Do I have to keep going.
25: Naza-I give up...
25: Africa-Stay longer next time.
25: Yeroc-Again, I had NO idea that was a tourney set. Good games nonetheless.
25: Cylf-Nice seeing you again.
33: Shell-Didn't see a lot.
33: Flizzz-Keep practicing, you'll get up there soon.
33: Celus-Didn't see
33: Bakuryu-Didn't see
33: Bolt-You have potention, just keep playing more.
33: HND-Didn't see.
33: Ruidz-Didn't see
33: Goon-I vaguely remember you
33: Ruckus-Didn't see

Blackanese-Why didn't you enter singles?

Anyway, if any of the "Didn't see's" wanna specify who they are ang jog my memory, place do so. I don't like to forget people I played or chatted with. It's slightly disrespectful....no, not exactly disrespectful, just.....what's a good word, not curteous, there we go.

10wiinettypingskills

By the way, anyone remember Aztec Avenger saying that exactly 41 people would show up? Is he psychic?

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
You wrong tusmbox. Can't even give your boy a shoutout.

@Almas - Sorry bout that.

And chibo, i used Falcon, Falco and Kirby.

Posting shoutouts tomorrow...buddy boy needs some shuteye.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The turnout of this is making me think I might want to make our tourney on the 6th more + centric.... hm.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Tournament was too fun. Muchas gracias for running this, Chibo. Brawl+ doubles is the best.

I wanted state crew battles...

Shoutouts later today; a bit tired now.

100razorleafs

GuruKid

Smash Ace
7th out of 41 is considered "wrecked"? Sad face.

PSH NEKO YOU WOULDN'T STAND A CHANCE HERE IN OUR REGION, YO (moretrashtalkohsnaps)

I won doubles, so I'm more than content with that.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Pretty nice turn-out for a Brawl + event.

Andy G completly owned today.

Spam got a taste of B+ tourney life.

This new game is aight.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
7th out of 41 is considered "wrecked"? Sad face.

PSH NEKO YOU WOULDN'T STAND A CHANCE HERE IN OUR REGION, YO (moretrashtalkohsnaps)

I won doubles, so I'm more than content with that.

Pfft. You know blackanese was doing all the work in Doubles. You were consistently being the first one out. Get *****. Dragging down your team fool.

And yes. 7th out of 41 is considered wrecked because you got wrecked by 6 people. OHSNAPS

this is an understatement lol
I couldnt agree more.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
whatever, patient to shoot like 400 razor leafs for about 3.5 minutes shows the qualities of a true pro

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Good ****ing **** Count Kaiser. That was probably your first major tournament, congrats on knocking out some regulars.

Good stuff JCaesar and Turbo and Gonzo as well

The live stream was fun, I was watching it when I wasn't commentating on our own live feed.

shanus

Smash Hero
epic tourney, will post shout outs later.

PS flying home to RI in 1 hr is too epic

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Well, I didn't go to this put I was watching and making comments. I have to say the best commentator that was there had to be Truth. Everyone else wasn't doing much, although I wasn't able to hear sound during finals(my pc's fault). I was having fun rooting people in the Chat room, but I never got to see the Dair to Pawnch so that's a sad face. I love how people bully Xzax, especially the black people XD. Two things I shouted during the tourney, especially in doubles were.
P.S- I was in our family store the whole day, which is why I was able to watch, it's not that I have no life. Holy **** I was right 41 people.

"The power of christ compels Andy" when it was 2 against 1.
"Mexi is the Michael phelps of Brawl+"

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Great tournament. Full shoutouts later, but for now...

TUSM: Awesome teaming man. We did so well for our first time. I take full responsibility for losing our last game, I think I SD'd twice and even killed you once :ohwell: my bad, guy. Other than that we *****, we even 3-stocked the 1st place team in our very first match of the day with hardly any practice.

Chibo:
Gonzo used ZSS and Kirby.
Turbo gilman used DDD and Fox.
Thunderhorse used Falco.
Count Kaiser used G&W.

Brawl+ ftw, there's no jones about it.

Kylekrazz

Smash Rookie
I had alot of fun at this tournament. Props to Chibo for putting together such a great brawl+ tourny. was a little dissapointed that i lost my first match since i beat the guy every time in friendlies but i still had fun

ps. LordKnight next time im at a tourny we should go play some melty blood.. i was forced to leave early cause my freinds parents were *****ing at him

jalued

Smash Lord
just to say, when watching this. i HONESTLY thought that the falcon grandfinal was just friendlies...cause i couldnt believe that there could ever be a falcon ditto grandfinal

brawl+ rocks!

D

Deleted member

D:

I'm really happy to see Brawl+ to progress this far. Congrats to all the winners =). I'm kinda sad that Truth didn't recognise the name of some of the contributors on the project in the commentary (he had never heard of Paprika!), but I guess that just goes to show how fast this is spreading.

Awesome stuff.
it's paprika KILLER >_>
:p

the matches that I did see were awesome (though barely ever saved).

gratz to the winners!

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Alright, good stuff guys. I want to make it out to the next one if my family members don't have birthdays that weekend like this time!

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
The only gay thing in B+ is Fox imo

But I had such a great time. I lost my first match and went straight to losers, but ask anyone, and they tell you I play more brawl than brawl+. I played a couple games with Beat today, I'm still looking for my character of choice in the game, I haven't quite found it.

Also people need to loosen up at gatherings like these.

But all in all, B+ is taking the circuit by storm, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it become much more prevalent in tournaments instead of just an "event on the side"

Props to:
Everyone that attended
Chibo for hosting
The people who collaborated for changes in the evolving codeset.

I'll be at the next gathering of B+ for sures.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
How good is Ganondorf in this game?

I don't want to hear "oh he's good." I'd like to know where he would stand on a tier list in this game. Is he at least top ten?

If he's good enough to take 1st at something like this, I'd love to play this game.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

I don't want to hear "oh he's good." I'd like to know where he would stand on a tier list in this game. Is he at least top ten?

If he's good enough to take 1st at something like this, I'd love to play this game.

Not top ten, but he can deff win a tourney if you know what you're doing.

imo, near top 10.

Top 15.

But really, everyone is good enough to take first.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

its really tough to say where anyone is because the game is so balanced. matchups are still prevelant, but pretty much every character is viable and able to win tourneys imo. since the game is not all just trading hits like brawl was, and with more combos so when you capitalize on your opponents you can potentially deal major damage and or a death combo, it makes anyone possible to win with skill. while its easy to see who the better characters are in the game so far (marth, squirtle, fox), it doesnt mean no one else can win. ganondorf is rly good imo. DEFINITELY not bottom like he was in vB lol. hes prob around the high tier in my opinion. he kill so early, amazing at tech chasing, and has devestating combos

Top Bottom