• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beyond the Limit Results! - First Major Brawl+ Event! (5/16) Videos Up!

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
How good is Ganondorf in this game?

I don't want to hear "oh he's good." I'd like to know where he would stand on a tier list in this game. Is he at least top ten?

If he's good enough to take 1st at something like this, I'd love to play this game.
you won't beat ivysaur. He'll just camp you away and forced you into a combo scenario where you'll get pissed and ultimately complain about it. Then your ideas will be trashed and ivysaur will receive more buffs making ganon fail more and more.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
you won't beat ivysaur. He'll just camp you away and forced you into a combo scenario where you'll get pissed and ultimately complain about it. Then your ideas will be trashed and ivysaur will receive more buffs making ganon fail more and more.

That was really unnecessary.

10wtfsthatsnotcool

Rocann

Smash Lord
Yeah, Inui. Really, you're able to pick any character you want, and you generally will win with them if you are better than your opponent. There are still some iffy matchups and that's good; it makes the game a game of counterpicking (unlike Brawl).

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
So he's still heavily countered by camping? ~_~

I'll just learn Marth and Ike as well and be fine then?
yea i'd suggest those characters. they are pretty solid and more tourney viable. i do admit more characters are tourney viable than brawl.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
lol Neko. MM whenever I see you, my dood. :)

I would have LOVED to play a Ganon at the tournament... sad face. I needed more time for friendlies against characters I'm unfamiliar with...

whatever, patient to shoot like 400 razor leafs for about 3.5 minutes shows the qualities of a true pro
Remember... Ivy needs it! :ohwell:

BtL2 in the works for the near future?

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Fox is broken as all hell x_x
j/k but him, Squirtle and Marth are all def. top tier material right now
and yeah Ivy's razor leaf is f**king stupid, we all remember the match yesterday between Gurukid and Basic Sausage lmfao

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Fox is broken as all hell x_x
j/k but him, Squirtle and Marth are all def. top tier material right now
and yeah Ivy's razor leaf is f**king stupid, we all remember the match yesterday between Gurukid and Basic Sausage lmfao
did it get recorded lol

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Ask spam about my ganon : )
Your Ganon got 3-0ed in the MM and I wasn't allowed to shine spike :laugh:. The ONLY good thing about Ganon is that his dair hits as horizontally as his fair, so if you try to challenge it you get *****.

My biggest problem with Brawl+ is the ULTRA sh
itty ledge invincibility. I don't care if it was nerfed to get rid of planking if you can't jump onto the stage with an attack safely. All you are going to do is ENCOURAGE planking because it is unnecessarily difficult to get off the ledge. It also sucks balls because there are like 5 characters in the game that can be edgehogged and attempting to do so on anyone else is just going to force you to get off the ledge or result in you getting stage spiked. I could go into the other ones but this is by far the worst thing about Brawl+. I should be able to get off the ledge without getting hit by Olimar fsmash.

Shoutouts
1: AndyG ($280.00) :olimar::falcon: - Good stuff. I was just a little mad cuz all of Olimar's smash attacks have obscene shieldstun now and you take 60 from being grabbed.
2: MexiMadnez ($80.00) :squirtle: - Good games, I wish the ledge didn't **** me so much though :(
3: Spammer ($40.00) :fox::marth: - Good thing you didn't enter with that name.
4: Vex Kasrani :lucario::marth: - Yes, I hate Olimar now too :laugh:.
5: Gonzo :zerosuitsamus: - Sneaky swallowcide, I never saw anyone go for it like that.
5: NinjaLink :pikachu2::diddy: - We had a great set, thanks for not picking Kirby :). Great friendlies too, you're a lot of fun to play and you do lots of cool ****.
7: The Cape :mario2: - We still didn't play :(
9: Ryoko :zelda::shiek::zerosuitsamus: - Nice seeing you again :D
9: Turbogilman - Nice meeting you, full hop dair is too good.
13: Basic Sausage - One more! :bee:
17: ChiboSempai :rob::warioc: - It took entirely too long. When we got there you said you were starting brackets in 10 minutes but it took ~45.
17: TUSM :dedede::kirby2: - Didn't see a lot of you either. I heard you a lot though :laugh:

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I tried the most updated version of b+ yesterday...they nerfed sheikd soooo much wtf??!?!?!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

17: ChiboSempai :rob::warioc: - It took entirely too long. When we got there you said you were starting brackets in 10 minutes but it took ~45.
This delay had legit johns lol. Shell's car was broken into the night before and that morning temporarily he had his van parked in front of my apartment with no window and all the glass shattered in the car, so I ran there to help him clean it up and make a temporary trash bag window replacement. The bracket still started not long after 4pm, all events finished, and my time approximations were correct.

shanus

Smash Hero

Your Ganon got 3-0ed in the MM and I wasn't allowed to shine spike :laugh:. The ONLY good thing about Ganon is that his dair hits as horizontally as his fair, so if you try to challenge it you get *****.

My biggest problem with Brawl+ is the ULTRA sh
itty ledge invincibility. I don't care if it was nerfed to get rid of planking if you can't jump onto the stage with an attack safely. All you are going to do is ENCOURAGE planking because it is unnecessarily difficult to get off the ledge. It also sucks balls because there are like 5 characters in the game that can be edgehogged and attempting to do so on anyone else is just going to force you to get off the ledge or result in you getting stage spiked. I could go into the other ones but this is by far the worst thing about Brawl+. I should be able to get off the ledge without getting hit by Olimar fsmash.

Hit me up in a PM sometime so we can chat on AIM or something. I'd like to hear more feedback.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Yeah, overall, the tourney went smoothly.

Philly, you should have gone Ivy. Peach vs. G&W really isn't in your favor. :laugh:

Obviously, Lucario's up b needs to be toned down. Squirtle is too good, but beatable, and Razor leaf probably needs to be less spammable.

Overall, though, I'd say that this tourney was a success.

Also, Chibo, I used G&W during the tourney, if you want to put that up there.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I still feel like this game carries the vBrawl poison of "if I camped more/better, I could've won that." I could've camped all day vs. Olimar to run the clock, but just didn't feel like it. It's just not fun to play his game. Not that fun and money are necessarily interrelated with Smash, but after 8 years of playing I can't bother myself to get depressed or take an empty victory over a video game anymore. My competitive edge... ran out!

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Fun times uall, shout outs to my boys
Jceaz thnx for the rideup
Yerac thnx for the ride home
Count Kaiser fun teams dude, we lost all b/c of me dude sorry
Singles was fun **** Vex i'll get u next time for sure (as soon as they nerf Lucario lol)

TurboG!!! This was fun as hellz dude 6 blocks FTW def gotta hang out more and play some of that brawl crack!

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
basically stupid moves like uptilts that combo into uptilts need to be gone. make the game more varied and not everybody doing upthrows to upairs the entire time because it always works until kill%, then it kills, blah. too vertical; too repetitive.
I think this sums alot of my thoughts up I saw multiple situations like this and I wish we did have more varied combos then utilt to death.

In other news I sucked major balls I got dolphin slashed to death the first round, had no idea how to deal with that. Second round I got chainsawed to death by Ice Climbers which was probably the lamest think I have ever seen. Lucky I got a good amount of friendlies in to make it worth although at this rate I might as well have not even entered I couldn't handle spammers and chain grabbers to even get to someone who plays the game semi interestingly. Oh well back to training =\

P.S Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough, but I didn't see many/any Falco players

homicidalrapist

Smash Apprentice
In other news I sucked major balls I got dolphin slashed to death the first round said:
:laugh:Ssorry about that. At least i didn't 0%-death you like i would in vbrawl. it's different chain grabbing light characters in brawl plus on 50 handi cap. heavy's are still the same tho.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
P.S Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough, but I didn't see many/any Falco players
Played Falco the entire tournament except with maybe one friendly that I played Sonic in.

Anyways, awesome tournament, thought I could have done a bit better though (Vex I'll get you next time! lol good **** dude, I'm bringing by iPod next time for anti-aggression and hype). Shoutouts to MD/VA reps and everyone I fought both in tournament and out. Felt good to be part of history in the making...in a way :p.

Getting there ***** me though. Whoever thought it was a good idea to stick 3 tolls on the way over there should be shot.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Philly, you should have gone Ivy. Peach vs. G&W really isn't in your favor. :laugh:
It wouldn't of been fair if i picked ivy. lol. I had the 1st match in the bag. Then i had a dumb *** sd. I went peach a 2nd time cause i wanted to see how bad the matchup is in brawl+. The 2nd match i went in with a vbrawl mindset instead of a brawl+ mindset like i did in the 1st game. Even though i lost i feel the matchup while still in g@w favor it's not at all impossible. Just bait the bair and unleash a dair combo and always follow up on a fail tech.

And have u seen my ivy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgMIs0GJb5s

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Shoutouts:

1: AndyG - blargh I hate Olimar. Good stuff, you **** in B+
2: MexiMadnez - wish I got to play you, your Squirtle is niiiice
4: Vex Kasrani - my #1 fan!
5: Gonzo - shoulda stayed ROB, or at least not SD'd. I'll get you next time.
5: NinjaLink - great friendlies
7: GuruKid - wish I got to play your Squirtle a bit other than in teams
7: The Cape - thanks so much for everything this weekend man, wish I had gotten to play some more friendlies with you
9: JCaesar - stop SDing nub
9: Turbogilman - fun car ride, bumbumBrandon!
13: Shanus - good stuff flying down for this, nice meeting you, wish we had gotten some friendlies in
13: Thunderhorse - good stuff making that drive just for this
13: Count Kaiser - keep practicing G&W and coming to tourneys
17: ChiboSempai - great tourney, I'll get you next time when I stop SDing so much
17: Shortline - funny guy, good meeting you
17: Steve Harrison - bumbumBrandon!
17: TUSM - awesome stuff in teams
25: Yeroc - glad you came even with that ridiculous drive, fun friendlies

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
1: AndyG good job takin first man
2: MexiMadnez crazy squirtle man, i wanted to get to play you
3: Spammer good **** dude, ur fox is really good sorry for gettin pissed like i did, btw i'm king of kirbycides lol
4: Vex Kasrani: nice matches dude, **** lucario, i hope they nerf him
5: Gonzo: stop SD'ing u idiot
5: NinjaLink: Step it up man, hot hacks on ur wii BTW
7: The Cape: good matches dude and thnx for housing us, wish we had got in some friendlies
9: JCaesar: u shoulda stayed ROB it would have been a lot closer
9: Turbogilman: Good Shiz dude! i gotta come by ur place for more of that brawl crack fo sho
13: Shanus: Nice to meet ya, PLEASE NERF LUCARIO AND MARTH!!!!!
13: Thunderhorse: Nice to see ya dude, wish u coulda came up for teams.
13: Count Kaiser: Yo great job in teams man, i'm sorry for SD'ing so many times, sorry
25: Yeroc: Dude thnx for the ride, i'm really sorry about the run around when i fell asleep, thnx again so much cuz i really needed it.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Please, PLEASE tell me you have the loser's semifinal doubles matches somewhere. I have to watch my epic 2v1 battles. Over and over and over again. Then, A-B replay my taunt. You gotta admit, taunting in a 2v1 and not getting punished is pretty sweet.

I know I'm bragging a lot, but it's my interrogative.

lolwut

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Please, PLEASE tell me you have the loser's semifinal doubles matches somewhere. I have to watch my epic 2v1 battles. Over and over and over again. Then, A-B replay my taunt. You gotta admit, taunting in a 2v1 and not getting punished is pretty sweet.

I know I'm bragging a lot, but it's my interrogative.

lolwut
Uh don't you mean your prerogative?
"My interrogative" don't make sense.
LERN 2 ENGLISH NUKKA.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Say wut...
I'm about as far from ghetto as a black man can get.
Thats it, no more e-hugs for you kitty boy.

Axonic

Smash Rookie
A little off topic, does anyone know the name of the stage hack for final destination alot of people were using? The background was red it was really awesome.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
The one that looked like a coochie? It's supposed to be Giygas. It's on kittycorp (i think)

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
That was me that posted about Final D btw, anyway I found the Giygas, but rumor has it that it only works on an ISO of the game, but I say people use it at the tourney what gives?

Top Bottom