• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CT Bi-Weekly #1 Results

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Brawl Doubles:

1: I dont care (TeeVee + Buuman)
2: Icy Bizkits (IcyLight + Bizkit)
3: Team that just beat you (Hayato + Unknown Force)
4: Two guys one button (Scrub + Bloodcross)
5: Transvestites
5: Adventures in the Dark Black Forest
7: Team Spam Stuff
7: Team We Hope We Dont Suck

Bracket Image:

Brawl Singles:

1: Bizkit (Snake, Metaknight)
2: Unknown Force (Metaknight)
3: IcyLight (Olimar)
4: TeeVee (ZSS, Diddy, MK, ROB?)
5: Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew (Diddy)
5: BC+ (Falco)
7: Buuman (DDD)
7: POF (Marth/Snake)
9: Hayato (DK)
9: Dark.Pch (Peach)
9: Mini (???)
9: Rylix (Ike)
13: Scrub
13: Haggs
13: Elegost
13: Copacetic
17: Kiwi
17: Tempest
17: Nameless
17: ICW?!
17: Captain Crunch
17: ThreeSided
17: Arcane
17: Tymer
25: Bomberman

Bracket Image:

Here's the results. I'll shoutouts a little later. I had to re-create the file in tio, since DM uses a different program, so if you see any mistakes, feel free to correct me. They looked right to me. Also tell me if I got any char usages wrong, they were all based on what I saw.

Anyway, fun tourney. Good turnout for only a weeks notice. Thx to everyone who came.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
No he shouldn't have, lmao. He's the one who always knocks me into losers.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
^I almost knocked you into losers. err i ****ed up that first match so badly at the end. At least I lost to first and second place and not bad people.

My main is Marth....secondary Snake so I'm going to be a jerk its more like Marth/Snake. haha

I'll do shouts later.

Oh yeah, three meta knights in top 8. :)

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow Buu, I love you man but you placed with POF...that should be all the motivation you need to get better. Let's play soon so this doesn't ever happen again.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
man kyle, you have gotten so much better :D did you know if you dtilt with metaknight against oli it will break my grab immediately and you only take 6% initial grab damage? meta knight can't really be grabbed if you are careful, and you are a very careful player ^_^

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Okay fine I"ll change it, lmao. I saw you use Snake against me and that other Snake player, so I assumed. ALSO you didn't "almost" send me to losers if you got 2-0'd. >.>

"Oh yeah, three meta knights in top 8. "

In all fairness, my MK was only used against Buuman in a set. I just figured that's enough to list MK in my usage. TeeVee randomly uses MK too.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
man kyle, you have gotten so much better :D did you know if you dtilt with metaknight against oli it will break my grab immediately and you only take 6% initial grab damage? meta knight can't really be grabbed if you are careful, and you are a very careful player ^_^

careful is an understatement...

IcyLight

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles:

1: Bizkit (Snake, Metaknight) -- got me this time...next time it's my turn
2: Unknown Force (Metaknight) --you've gotten so much better, nice to see you again
3: IcyLight (Olimar) -- ****ing olimar
4: TeeVee (ZSS, Diddy, MK, ROB?) -- good job in teams, you and buuman are really good team
5: Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew (Diddy, DK) -- lolol ace loves brawl+
5: BC+ (Falco) -- keeping a steady top 5, need to get that extra boost! keep it up
7: Buuman (DDD) -- quadruple buuman trap -_-
7: POF (Snake/Marth) -- my pichu is better than you in melee
9: Hayato (DK) -- very nice dk, scary to fight in teams
9: Dark.Pch (Peach) -- too bad couldn't make it for doubles, nice seeing ya
9: Rylix (Ike) -- ike beasting as usual :D
13: Scrub -- scrub
13: Haggs -- pretty good lucas, i think you just weren't used to oli matchup too well
17: Kiwi -- had a lot of fun versing you in oli dittos. you have a ton of potential with olimar, keep up the good work ^_^
17: Captain Crunch -- stop ****** my luigi :(

also, thank you every one for keeping your matches running steadily and reporting. there were very minimal friendlies on tourney tv's and got off immediately when asked, tourney ran very smoothly thanks again

****, giving shoutouts is way too much typing, this is my last time unless notably deserving.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mini plays Lucario I believe.

And Kyle's always been a crazy careful player. i'm sad I missed the first tournament he's been to in a loong time. Hopefully I'll see you soon Kyle!!(UF)

DotHack

Smash Apprentice
Ugh. I was doing so well today. Then I broke my own flow with hand spasm johns for the SD. xD

Really, all my shout outs to everyone today would be the same "Good ****." Aside from like...Dark Peach and Ace. Rylix because I lolwalkedthroughyourD-smash.

Dark Peach gets my respect for pulling his act together so well and being an all around friendly/fun person to play against. Many lulz were had in brawl+. =D

Ace is amazing. Thanks for the ride and **** close matches. I'll be pulling you aside to help me learn the match ups for both DK's. :3

Edit: Correction. Emmy deserves one as well. She should get this pretty well. THE PINK MONSTER NEEDS TO FEED! OM NOM NOM!

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
2: Unknown Force (Metaknight) - Your MK is extremely scary, you're very patient and smart. You gotta use the platforms on BF better though, MK deff has an advantage there over Snake.
3: IcyLight (Olimar) - I was going to go Marth, but last second decided to stay Snake. Didn't expect to win. Don't give up though, we always tend to go back and forth lmao.
4: TeeVee (ZSS, Diddy, MK, ROB?) - Good stuff in doubles. You and Buuman were a tough team for sure, and all our fights were epic close, or most anyway.
5: Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew (Diddy, DK) - You're getting really good these days. Keep getting better.
5: BC+ (Falco) - Gotta work on your temper d00d no one likes when you lose cuz of it. And it messes with your gameplay if you're upset.
7: Buuman (DDD) - Wasn't sure if I should have gone MK or Snake so I tried MK, and it worked lmao. Fun friendlies though. Thx for the practice.
7: POF (Marth/Snake) - Fun set as always. You're Snake is weird but good lmao.
9: Hayato (DK) - Good stuff in doubles, scary DK.
9: Dark.Pch (Peach) - Nice to see you being mature these days.
9: Mini (???)
9: Rylix (Ike) - Fun..friendly, lmao. Tell SS ggs too, he was fun to play.
13: Scrub - WE DIDN'T PLAY WTF HOW
13: Elegost - Saw your Snake in some sets, you have a pretty good Snake.
17: Tempest - Fun friendlies

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
For the sake of correctness, take my DK out. I went DK in one match, and lost.

My DK used to do so well against Icy, I thought I'd try it... I really really shouldn't have.

EDIT: I'm a huge pain I know.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
NP, fixed. The one match you used him in I happened to be watching, lmao.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
1: Bizkit (Snake, Metaknight) - We never play anymore. It's clearly cause you hate me. Thanks for taking the file and recreating it and all that. Much Appreciated. Good stuff today.
2: Unknown Force (Metaknight) - Kyle! I hope you'll be around a good bit this summer. You've been missed. Hopefully I can help you learn Diddy.
3: IcyLight (Olimar) - Never going DK again. My DK has gotten worse and you've gotten better in the match up. I'll have your number next time.
4: TeeVee (ZSS, Diddy, MK, ROB?) - Good games. So mad I didn't SDI that Nair right. It woulda set up for a bair and potentially different outcome game two.
5: Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew (Diddy) - You're hat is awesome.
5: BC+ (Falco) - Chill out. Good "seriouslies"
7: Buuman (DDD) - You and Unknown Force had easily the hardest brackets. You'll **** this **** next time, I've no doubt.
7: POF (Marth/Snake) - Thanks for taking Dark.Pch man.
9: Hayato (DK) - Nice seeing you. Good friendlies. If we meet in bracket you're done though sir. :p
9: Dark.Pch (Peach) - Good stuff today. You'll get 'em next time. Really rough day for you man, sorry.
9: Mini (LKucario) - YOU BEAT HAYATO?! Good **** man. Good ****.
9: Rylix (Ike) - Fun teams matches. You've got a nice Ike.
13: Scrub (Metaknight) - Good games sir. Good games sir. You're learning the matchup more and more every time I play you.
17: Kiwi - Your Mini Olimar Lesson helped. Come to more tourneys, we need more non-Snake/Meta mains around
17: Captain Crunch - It's always good seeing you. Stop being so hard on yourself though. It's hurting your game.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
damm, I did not do so hawt at this. I played so sloppy in both friendlies and tourny. I don't know wtf is going on with my Peach. This is not how one of the top Peach players in the U.S.A should be playing. If I played on point, I think I could have gotten first.

I'll fix this problem and then come back to beat the hell out of people. So take the wins you have over me for now. Next time it is straight murder!

Gg to all I played.Marth in brawl plus is too fun.

oh and edit the characters I used. I went mostly Peach and Zelda.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
fun times. ill bring back my monkey for a 2nd shot. next time ill plan to not sd or screw myself over so much. :) but for the most part i was on a roll in teams until the end.

1: Bizkit (Snake, Metaknight) - Fun teams. Wish I got a chance to fight you in singles.
2: Unknown Force (Metaknight) - Very good MK, you improved much. I don't think my python stands a chance anymore.
3: IcyLight (Olimar) - Ill figure out that Olimar sometime. I just gotta play it more and not get hit so much.
4: TeeVee (ZSS, Diddy, MK, ROB?) - fun teams. I dont know zss much maybe i should play her more and figure it out. but it was quite the challenge for my monkey.
5: Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew (Diddy) - little monkey has to beat the big monkey. its only natural! i set this up goot for you eh :p thought you were goin to fight me ayy mate. i tend to get knocked out early. :)
5: BC+ (Falco) - good job in 5th dood
7: Buuman (DDD) - King DDD King DDD! I havent played kirby in so long :( thought i give it a shot. you are the first to make me bring out one of my mains.
9: Hayato (DK) - Train that Monkey some more. and Start practicing with your mains.
9: Dark.Pch (Peach) - Supp guy. goot seein thou again. we shalt meet again.
9: Mini (LKucario) - You have defeated me handily. Next time im going to go all samoose on you so you better prepare yourself! :p
9: Rylix (Ike) - Playing your ike almost feels like playing myself cuz i use to play ike lol
13: Scrub (Metaknight) - You took out my marth good job.. next time ill try to do better in that matchup. I like the MK vs Marth challenge even tho its sucks for my character.
17: Tempest (Link) - You are pretty goot with Link. Hes just a challenge in general. I play him too for friendlies but I suck with em.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Fun event! It was great seeing the old players again and meeting a lot of new people. I'll try to make it out to more tournaments but I've got to make as much money as I can working while I'm here! I need to start paying off my grad school loans *sigh* but I'll do my best to keep my hours Monday-Friday.

Emmy thanks for the ride! You were doing well at the end you just need to overcome the psychological aspect of this game a bit. You just need to figure out which advice to listen to and which advice to ignore. It's impossible to implement all advice so focus on the most important stuff you hear most consistently.

Icy, I didn't know that at all heh I would have tilt rushed a lot had I known! I just tried to switch up my approaches as much as possible and saved a certain approach until the end. Even though we were both defensive the matches were fun since you're a smart player and we kept adapting. We'll have to get a number of matches in next time (I'm curious to see what happens if I try to be really aggressive).

Hayato, it was great seeing you again! I dunno what happened though lol maybe use more Python? I'll step it up in teams next time, but those two top teams were tough! I'll have to see whats going on today but if I can't make it out I'll be up for seeing you next weekend for sure.

TeeVee lol if you had gone ROB I'd have been ultra aggressive but I've literally never played a Diddy who knew what he was doing before and so I had to study your patterns nonstop (your Diddy is defensive too but its how he's meant to be played heh). Close set!

Kevin good matches! You adapted quickly after our first match. I didn't know Snake was so deadly on the platforms on BF lol I really don't want to misspace vs him there. Hope we can get a lot of matches in next time; I need to figure out more methods of approaching and not setting the nades off! I look forward to a tournament rematch as well.

Ace you did really well and I was right in my previous thought that you had lots of potential! I only made it to two tournaments previously in the East coast and I don't think Fatal had started playing back then (oh, and the mini RI/Fall River tournaments too). Good seeing you again and fun matches. I appreciate the offer and I'll be happy to offer any advice on the best MK killing in return lol.

I want to play you too Fatal lol hopefully at the RI event next week. We'll have to get a lot of friendlies in cause I usually don't get enough of them. Should be a good challenge and challenge is what makes this game fun!

Buu we should have gotten more matches in as well your DDD is deadly and amazing in teams!

Whitemage and Jake hope you guys make it to the next event! I was hoping you guys would be there.

Elegost your Snake is good I was taken by complete surprise! POF also good matches in both brawl and melee we'll have to play more. Mini your Lucario is also crazy and you beat Hayato and almost Ace too jeez! Rylix also an awesome Ike and BC+ good Falco but you gotta keep calm if you fall behind you can always come back in a match. DrkPeach obviously really good Peach I know your game was kinda off it happens. Marth player (I'm sorry, I didn't hear your name properly when you told me!) good friendlies. Your Marth can be good for sure just keep playing and figuring out your mistakes and you'll learn fast. Kiwi and partner you guys were up against tough teams but likewise its the best way to learn I'm sure you'll pick up a lot from playing tough teams! Tempest good Link and cool guy!

Think thats everyone I talked to lol I suck at short shoutouts but I don't want to forget anyone.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Kevin - I'll give you props, cause during our tourney matches, I could feel the stress. You wanted to beat me soooo bad. You did what you had to do with MK. Be sure next time, I'm coming to get ya. I love how we played after my first set in tourney with emmy (***** her MK >,>). Then played yours...it was so close..I WILL NOT GET GIMPED NEXT TIME. Props for the aggressive edge guarding and smart play though. I'll get you next time.

Kyle - Good to see that you're back man. Smart meta knight player. We'll play more soon.

Icy - Thanks for running the tourney....too bad we didn't get to play in grand finals ... -_-

Teevee - You're a very chill kid and a smart player...You're diddy kong is nice. Let me know when you're in the area, I need more of your hax diddy trainin. Honestly...I felt like I was playing ADHD. I'm not joking. I played him at apex...and you guys play exactly the same.

ACE - <3 You're the man, I love your outburst on teevee when he said he can play every char...that was hilarious. More diddy training for me. Me and teevees tourney set was close...and wtf @ us playing so early lol.

Bloodcross - Learn to relax a bit more and you'd be golden. Solid falco, keep it up

BUUMAN - LOL AT YOU GETTING 7th, step it up. You can beat MKs

Hayoto - You're wicked chill, sick *** kirby and a smart player...I could see the melee in you when we played in tourney.

Mini - Best Lucario in NE. Kids getting too good. You beat hayoto? Crazy mang. Keep it up

Elegost - Almost beat unknown force. Kids too good. We're gonna play soon. LMFAO AT YOUR COMMENT TOWARDS LT in the car ride home xD

LT - Didn't enter but you're the man.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST >:D

Metaknight - I will be ****ing you up consistently soon.

Final note:
I could be counterpicking chars against everyone...but that's no fun. I have made it perfectly clear to many people now, that I'm going strictly dedede. I have many people that can vouch for me, that I could counterpick snake, MK, marth, zero suit, kirby, diddy, ROB etc. But I've decided that once I learn all of Dededes matchups, nothings going to stop me. And I'm on the road to mastering many of his bad matchups already...

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
BC+ good Falco but you gotta keep calm if you fall behind you can always come back in a match.
Yep I suck lol. "Good" not good enough. It's what DarkPch told me, my mind ****ed up.

In Greenfield I used earplugs to block out potential distractions and to keep the overall atmosphere quiet so I can think better. They worked as I beat Turtle with them on.

Even though I play MK's on a daily basis, I still haven't thought of a good strategy against them. GET THESE ****ERS BANNED HAHAHA. I'll get you at RI *****.

edit: btw NO shoutouts, as they'll suck after how immature I acted. I could tell you all why my actions really occur, but... no.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Wow Buu, I love you man but you placed with POF...that should be all the motivation you need to get better. Let's play soon so this doesn't ever happen again.
that sucks!!!!
I don't play this game half as much as most of you do yet I'm still pretty good at it. Don't underestimate me as a player. I've always placed well at tournaments.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
1: Bizkit (Snake, Metaknight) -- I didn't get to play you in singles! good **** winning and thanks for killing icy for us on that last match for doubles XDDD
2: Unknown Force (Metaknight) -- Cool dude, nice doubles and singles set. if only i was a smarter player and i didnt sd with a percentage lead and like 20 seconds left...
3: IcyLight (Olimar) -- Good doubles set, we were comboing the **** out of eachother
4: TeeVee (ZSS, Diddy, MK, ROB?) -- stop being amazing in doubles but choking in singles
5: Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew (Diddy) -- lolol fun set, cool guy (diddy mains who use mk against diddy cant be beat)
5: BC+ (Falco) -- i choked so hard against you first match of our set and i lost because of it...my mk will be back and it will be 10X gayer
7: Buuman (DDD) -- good **** sir. amazing doubles partner, we ****ing *****. we gotta team again sometime
7: POF (Marth/Snake)-- lol you are good for someone who doesnt play brawl that much, fun melee friendlies with dark pch and noodles too even though i didnt know what was going on XD
9: Hayato (DK)-- i really underestimated you and unknown in doubles, really close fun set
9: Dark.Pch (Peach)-- you fail for coming late to every tourny i want to team with you for, fun set and fun friendlys. teach me melee, its fun even though i just fair randomly with dk
9: Rylix (Ike)--lolol fun set as always, really good ike.
13: Scrub--fun friendlies/doubles set
13: Haggs--i think we had a friendly pre-tourny...im not sure though
17: Nameless -- i expected you to be m2k

fun tourny, i wont choke in singles next time...

IcyLight

Smash Lord
i only play this game on tournament days, and im sure half of the people out there are the same way. doesn't mean the game is easy or that's how it should be, just that's how it happens. anti-brawl players gtfo we don't flame melee for being stupid as ****

Banks

Smash Hero
cool story bro

i was just saying hi to unknownforce and quoting hayato. didn't see any brawl haters around.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
1: Bizkit: yup yup, my snake is weird. I <3 him though. I know how traditional Snakes play so I kind of try to counter that. I choked so bad against you both matches.
2: Unknown Force: Fun melee friendlies sir. Stop playing Meta Knight for the love of god and use Marth or someone that does not Tornado.
3: IcyLight: You suck at life.
4: TeeVee: I played your MK (my worst match up) so I did not get much of an idea of how much better you got. :ohwell:
5: ACE--Good friendlies. I always play you at the end of tournies. Next time, enter as Pet Detective? haha haha too good.
5: BC+: You need to learn to calm the **** down. I can only imagine what you would be like playing Melee. LOL. You have a nice Falco but I found it weird how my Snake beat you and not my Marth....hmmm
7: Buuman: Good to know youd on't use Meta Knight. We should have played a bit.
7: POF (Marth/Snake): Work on your ****ing Captain Falcon in Melee!!!!!!!
9: Dark.Pch: If you stopped caring about this game so much and just relaxed about it, you'd do better. I dont give a crap and I do pretty good. lol.
9: Rylix: Nice Ike, Marth still ***** him though. :bee:
13: Scrub: I don't care what you say. Meta Knight is still dumb. :)
17: Nameless: Work on your grabs.

Top Bottom