• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Too Poor for Genesis Sunday, July 12th, 2009 Scarborough, ON, Canada BRAWL tournament

Gichan

Smash Champion

50 person cap
445 Midwest road
Unit 34
Scarborough
Sunday, July 12th, 2009

Thank F1ZZ for the venue, Toronto ( Scarborough, whatever) finally has a tournament, yes Niko, it happened. Depending on the attendance for this tournament, the venue may be used for future events, possibly monthly, preferably bi-monthly, or even 2-day events! So show up, this tournament just adds to the Smash Month of July and it will only help us to maintain a more consistent smash community in the future.

Schedule: (will be updated)
10am-11pm

10am: doors open
10-11am: set-up and friendlies
11-11:30am: Doubles and singles registration begins

Prices:
Venue fee: $5
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 ($10 per person)

Food:

There is a Tim Hortons that is right across the street and a Subway that is about a 5 minute walk away.

Also the owner wants to do a BBQ with hamburgers, hot dogs and cans of pop. The hamburgers and hot dogs would be $2 each and pop would be $1.

-thank you F1ZZ

Directions from TTC transit:

From the TTC subway ( on Bloor-Danforth line, green) take the train to Midland station. When you get off there, take a bus as you are in the Scarborough district

From the Yonge- University line (yellow) transfer to the Danforth line either on Spadina, St. George, or Bloor-Yonge and follow directions above (Bloor-Danforth)

Once you reach Midland station, take the 57 to ellesmere road. 5 minute walk to venue.

There are other ways to reach the venue, choose your preference.

For driving:

google maps people, google maps
update on parking soon.

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl

SBR Certified

General rules:
-3 Stock
-8 minute timer
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Infinite Grabs: Gentlemen's rule (we don't like it, but if you need to do it to win, go right ahead).

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

Starter:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:

Castle Siege
Delfino
Distant Planet
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:

Everything else.

Additional Rules for Double's Play:
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON

Optional Rules:
-Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime or the sudden death will be played out. The TO needs to decide which of these will be used before the tournament. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.

-Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or

-Sonic and Lucario can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

-Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

General Rules:
-no illegal substances, no alcohol, no green.
-don't smell, please shower
-Tournament matches have priority over friendlies. MMs have priority over friendlies
-Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face

There will be SF4 and melee casuals present. So if you are interested in these games, show up, mad skill will be present.

Staff:

Gi
Dud
Mikey (you know you want to)

Wii + Brawl:

Gi x1
F1ZZ x1 (Brawl +)
5ive x1 (Brawl +)
Painted Ghost x1 (Brawl +)
T.O. Joe x1
SilverDoc x1
Patches x1
AvariceX x1
Danny x1

T.V.s:

F1ZZ x2
5ive x2
Painted Ghost x1
Owner of venue x1 (what a champ, lol)
Mikey x1
Stos x1 (maybe)
Distructo91 x1 (maybe)
AvariceX x1 (maybe)

Extension Cords:

Mikey x3

Power Bars:

Danny x1

Recording Stations:

5ive x2

Attendence List:
Melee people are welcome to attend, would be awesome
1. Gi
2. Dud
3. F1ZZ
4. 5ive
5. Mikey
6. Painted Ghost
7. Poison Mist
8. lkp4
9. Anth0ny
10. Decoy
11. Hylian Akatsuki
12. Toronto Joe
13. SilverDoc
14. Holy
15. Stos
16. FatalX
17. Patches
18. Distructo91
19. Guru/uber mage
20. hype
21. AvariceX
22. ViTal (maybe)
23. Danny
24. Nickcam
25. xLeafyx (maybe)
26. KingAce
27. Eh Doh
28. SRTM
29. Pho (maybe)
30. MisaMeka
31. Masterdrenin
32. Cyan (maybe)
33. ub3rno0b (epic name!)
34. Phil Gee (maybe)
35. Pastaboy (maybe)
35. Ner Ner
36. Ambrose
37. Minus
38. Jack
39. Ray Kalm
40. Yoh
41. Raidos
42.pnd mike
43. KC
44. Sanuzi
45. Thugz
46. JustNoOne
47. Inle~Orichas

WE NEED T.V.s PEOPLE! THE MORE THE BETTER. It will help for this tourmament to run smoothly and extra time means a Brawl + side tourney, tempting isn't it?

Gichan

Smash Champion
Reserved for extra space.

Just want to let everyone know, this tourney wouldn't happen if it wasn't for F1ZZ and 5ive, as you can see, even with supplying a venue, they are supplying a **** load of stuff.
So thank them when you see them. They asked me to run the tournament, I'm assuming due to age, but I did not supply the necccesities.

Thank 5ive for the epic name, as it is now scheduled on the Genesis day, it is fitting, if you are too poor to go to Genesis, well...you can come here, lol.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
SO many tournaments in one month... Holy Jesus.

PaintedGhost

Smash Journeyman
I'm coming, I'll bring a wii + brawl for sure. I'll see if I can get a t.v.

I also have a hacked wii so look forward to B+

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
The new date for this is unfortunately on the 12th. If any of you are going to Genesis, I'm sorry, but hopefully if you back out last second, this tourny can be of interest for you. If you want to see the live stream of Genesis, I will be providing a laptop with the stream at hand. 5ive will also bring his laptop if needed. Remember, if this tournament is successfull, we can have consistant tournies on a monthly basis, something Toronto really needs. Hope you can make it.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
The new date for this is unfortunately on the 12th. If any of you are going to Genesis, I'm sorry, but hopefully if you back out last second, this tourny can be of interest for you. If you want to see the live stream of Genesis, I will be providing a laptop with the stream at hand. 5ive will also bring his laptop if needed. Remember, if this tournament is successfull, we can have consistant tournies on a monthly basis, something Toronto really needs. Hope you can make it.
monthlies??? good lawd, everyone better support this !_!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
whoa brawl +???

im coming LOL.

also you dont have to pay another fare when getting on a bus from a station.

edit: if the busses dont go in the station, you can just take a transfer in the station and show that to the driver.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Thanks for the info Stos

I really hope we can do a brawl + tourney as well, evebn if it is at least a side event. That game is too goodz.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ no problem yeah put me down for staff also I got this LOL, well if you need help :p

brawl+ mms?

Gichan

Smash Champion
Probably, $2 my PT vs your...(most likely) Link?

And this event is only a brawl event, so you don't need to worry yourself, BUT you can run the Brawl + tourney if it happens.

Patches

Smash Master
You guys should give me some Brawl+ pointers. If I stick around for the side tourney, it'll be my first time touching it.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
God daaaaamn, if there's a live stream of Genesis on hand, I'll come. But ONLY if there's a live stream of Genesis. I CAN'T miss that ish.

Patches

Smash Master
There is indeed internet at the venue. So there will be live stream.
What bus would I need to take if I was leaving from Kennedy Station, or around it?

Edit: Nevermind, I guess I can just take the TTC to Midland and then take the instructions.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
You guys should give me some Brawl+ pointers. If I stick around for the side tourney, it'll be my first time touching it.
Same over here.
ill friendly with you guys if you'd like,im nothing special at it but i know some fundamentals of the game,its actually really easy to make the transition from brawl to b+ so you guys should be fine after a couple rounds

cant wait for this =D

5ive

Smash Champion
**** you Joe. Fox is top tier potential in B+. If I'm not prepared for Brawl in time for this, I'm playing Brawl+ all dai.
Also, Gichan, when are you going to put this in the Canada thread?

Patches

Smash Master
ill friendly with you guys if you'd like,im nothing special at it but i know some fundamentals of the game,its actually really easy to make the transition from brawl to b+ so you guys should be fine after a couple rounds

cant wait for this =D
Sure, I'm game.

Top Bottom