• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pride of Brawl (MK Banned) 5-23-09 Results. Cape Coral, FL

nevershootme

Smash Master
Doubles

1: Sensei Brick (Seibrik & Chops)
2: MOB (DewDadash & ******)
3: Star Wolf (EmoWolf & Fuego Fox)
4: L!X (M!X & SheikSSBM)
5: Next Level (Abscent & TRA)
5: Intercision (Poltergust & ScaryLB59)
7: Log on (Dra & GDog)
7: Team Failure (tet & axel)

Singles

1: Seibrik (Snake / DDD)
2: Chops (Snake
3: Shaky (Ness)
4: SheikSSBM (Luigi)
5: Alex (It was Advent Lee, Diddy)
5: R@yvn (Pit)
7: DewDaDash (DDD)
7: Abscent (Diddy)
9: Poltergust (Yoshi)
9: M!X (Snake)
9: Luis (Snake)
9: Emo Wolf (Wolf / G&W)
13: Matt Ball (It's actually Firefox due to change request, Fox)
13: Yummy (Pit)
13: Axle (Actually F-18, played Snake)
13: ScaryLB59 (Sheik/Zelda)
17: DRA (Pokemon Trainer)
17: DC (Ike)
17: ****** (ROB)
17: Vtec (DDD)
17: CRAHiC (DDD)
17: TRA (Marth)
17: F-18 (Actually Axle)
17: Dfear (Diddy)
25: 911 (Wario)
25: Mike
25: Hobie
25: Crush
25: CJ (Marth)
25: Will
25: Firefox (Actually Matt Ball)
25: John
33: Jdog
33: Tet
33: Chalupa
33: TRA (Stupid Tio magically randomly added another player for some strange reason, it's a bug btw)

Seriously, why the hell am i need to take charge of a tournament on my own birthday weekend extravagana -_-;

Bracket images coming soon.............

Doubles

Singles

OverLade

Smash Hero
Showing up to this mightve been sorta cool, though having MK banned didn't seem to affect the results much.....

Good **** SFL.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
good job shaky. you didnt team with polt? and when there are more low tiers in the top, it is proving something if mk is banned.

OverLade

Smash Hero
good job shaky. you didnt team with polt? and when there are more low tiers in the top, it is proving something if mk is banned.
But those people would've placed high anyway. The only good person using MK in this tourney was Seibrik....and he'd win regardless of the rules. Sheik SSBM got 3rd at the last naples tournament, with plenty of MK players.

Banning MK doesn't change anything in FL. The good MKs/players will still place and the bad MKs/players wont.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Chops and Seib had to work their assess off to get the win in doubles.
If they had Metaknight, it would have been an easy win.

nevershootme

Smash Master
KEEP IN MIND THAT I WAS NOT THE HOST OF THIS TOURNAMENT.

caps.... shaky played seibrik's mk (non tourney match) and did quite well until he went beast mode (sandbag mode?)

also, 50% of the players there are new people in the tourney scene

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
DEW DA DASH: We never got to play our match.

Shaky: Really good matches, hope to play you in tourny sometime.

I didnt lose to a player, I didnt even lose to a character, I lost to RAINBOW CRUISE. Talk about being double counter picked. Good matches though man. Hope we can play again.

-advent-

Master Raven

Smash Master
Chops and Seib had to work their assess off to get the win in doubles.
If they had Metaknight, it would have been an easy win.
No, it would be an easier win that it already was in the first place.

This tournament is a fun experiment, but the results wouldn't change much with MK in. Seibrik would be the only notable MK winning. Some of the other best MKs in Florida don't even go to many tournies yet.

Polt good job at almost knocking Seibrik out LOL

Shaky keep repping that Ness, get a secondary though for those real hard matchups and you'll place even better :p

-!-

Smash Lord
Tourney Matches
@CRUSH: ggs man, keep it up ^.^
@Axle: I had fun playing you, long time since you showed up to a Tournament though lol Damm I can't believe the outcome in Rainbow Cruise hahaha
@Shaky: ggs man, it was really fun fighting you ^.^
@ScaryLB59: good **** man, teams was fun and our friendlies was great the night before. I'll see you next time bro ^.^
@Poltergust: ggs in teams, really fun... No MM again :( ahhh... I should Stop mms people since I'm always distracted with other things like seeing Naples Matches >.<
@ABscent: Good **** man, teams was really fun as Expected. See you next time.
@TRA: Damm bro, nice seeing you again. Teams was a blast, next time we should MM Snake vs Marth. I need the practice :)
@Emo^Wolf: Good **** dawg! it was fun doing teams and watching you fight your matches in Singles. Your getting closer dawg ^_<
@Fuego Fox: Good **** man, nice riding with you. teams was great. You did good in Singles, getting kicked out of Singles to our Leader isn't that bad ^_< good **** man.
@DewDaDash: F* man every single time >_< I Still can't get it right, but I'm satisfied at how I did though... considering the matchup, I think I did well Snake vs DDD lol maybe Next time ^.< teams was insane.
@******: Daaaaammmmmmmm, you make me proud, Best R.O.B. in Fl. Teams in Grand Finals F* man, so close... the match was for M.O.B. :ohwell: Maybe Next time.
@SheikSSBM: It was fun teaming with you, and seeing you play Singles. That Dair Spike was too good :laugh: Good **** bro.
MMs
CRASHiC: good **** man, had fun doing our mm, keep it up... all you really need is more experienced.
ScaryLB59: damm bro, I had fun with our MM. Finally we did it hahaha I'll Re-MM you next time!
I think I'm missing someone... or maybe not >.<
Friendlies:
8-Bit: Damm bro we didn't get to play much dittos... ahhh maybe next time... it was still fun though ^.^
StarWolf: Fun warms ups.
Yummynbeeffy: It was really fun having those teams the night before... but please... Don't take my Stock!!! :laugh: we never played one on one though o.O???
Seibrik and Chops: those Snake teams warmups where fun :laugh:

@8-Bit: Thanks a lot for all your help bro :) helping run the tournament and all, you did a really good job! You going to Fl. Gaming???
@CRASiC: You did a good job with the tourney, for being your first time of all... it was really good. Keep it up dude ^.<

nevershootme

Smash Master
Here is the most angriest post i've ever made in my entire career.

About the tournament

-Keep in mind that my b-day was on friday and my plan of going to this was to play nonstop friendlies for several hours with players in preparation of Florida Gaming. That became the complete opposite in a sense.

-The tournament was ranned ok, but the key issue was that the host (CRAHiC) did not have a computer and relied on me for everything. Pretty much i've ran the whole tournament (Calling out matches, balancing the bracket). completely opposite of my intentions of coming to this.

- The live stream was absolute crap and at it's worst. literally little viewers (since more were watching the Texas tournament and midwest tournament somewhere)

-The venue was fine, but paying for wifi access was not needed at all and that's how hotels operate, internet don't come for free

-Some matches were played as Money matches and refused to be kicked out for a toruney match that's needed to be done. wtf... this seriously goes for DC big time for doing that (playing a full set of a money match where a tourney match must happen)

-Some *****ing occured, don't blame me at all. But screaming and trying to start a fight is gonna put me into a hate for life mode and i could have made serious damage

-The brackets were troublesome being that I was doing my best, but playing against your friends in losers bracket was something I cannot avoid at all costs...

Players

- First off, I was fine playing some of the players. but there were 2 players (I know who you are) and you have pissed me off to the extreme. doing what u requested (where other hosts don't do that) and say happy birthday after is unacceptable. literally you ****ing complained about playing your friends. I went to several tournaments where I had to fight against the same ****ign friend again and again. I didn't complained alot, but I do blame the program having it's flaws. This is pointing out to emo wolf and fuego fox. Friendlies were fine per say, but that *****ing attitude was not acceptable.

-NO ****ING JOHNS YOU 2

- Yummynbeefy: you ****ing annoyed me too much that day and I'm pissed off on that ****, nagging me nonstop for a live stream where i consistently cant get wifi access cuz you ****ing have to pay for it.

- Naples people I know: Thanks for some of the friendlies, I wish I could have play more with you guys, but it didn't feel enough to me and especially being have to cut it short........

- ScaryLB (ed): I appreciate the friendlies, especially with the new sheik infinite i was expecting more f-tilts to see if i can break it with n-air with mk. but we can try that again in FL gaming,.

- To some players that I played in friendlies using mk... well I was preparing for Florida Gaming... and if i 2-3 stocked u guys, well i'm sorry about it. but see the true reality of all of this

This tournament is placed 4th-5th in my worst tourney experience ever

1. Play-n-trade (The hammocks)
2. Metrocon
3. Gigabits March
4. FIU GameNARP (November)

edit: no thanks to the host for being unprepared and failing to acknowledge my services completely. your hosting wasn't at it's best and do **** right next time

-!-

Smash Lord

About the tournament

-Keep in mind that my b-day was on friday and my plan of going to this was to play nonstop friendlies for several hours with players in preparation of Florida Gaming. That became the complete opposite in a sense.

-The tournament was ranned ok, but the key issue was that the host (CRAHiC) did not have a computer and relied on me for everything. Pretty much i've ran the whole tournament (Calling out matches, balancing the bracket). completely opposite of my intentions of coming to this.

-Some *****ing occured, don't blame me at all. But screaming and trying to start a fight is gonna put me into a hate for life mode and i could have made serious damage

-The brackets were troublesome being that I was doing my best, but playing against your friends in losers bracket was something I cannot avoid at all costs...

Players

- First off, I was fine playing some of the players. but there were 2 players (I know who you are) and you have pissed me off to the extreme. doing what u requested (where other hosts don't do that) and say happy birthday after is unacceptable. literally you ****ing complained about playing your friends. I went to several tournaments where I had to fight against the same ****ign friend again and again. I didn't complained alot, but I do blame the program having it's flaws. This is pointing out to emo wolf and fuego fox. Friendlies were fine per say, but that *****ing attitude was not acceptable.

-NO ****ING JOHNS YOU 2

2. Metrocon
3. Gigabits March
4. This.
5. FIU Game NARP (November)
I know, It really sucked of what happened... you doing mass amount of work which left you with not much friendlies in the end. it was deff. not a good B-day weekend :( maybe I should have had taking that Tequila with me lol

And I didn't knew that Emo^Wolf and Fuego Fox where complaining at the time they where until you told me afterwards, other wise I would of told them myself that it was silly to ask such thing... Fuego was mainly complaining since our friend F-18 barely came, didnt played teams with his partner (Emo^Wolf) and played sigles and prob loosing twice if he where to loose to him that is. I know you seeded well... I think you did a really nice job with it all, and I kept telling both of them on the way home that they should be really thankful to you because no one else would of put up with what they where requesting. And like I was telling you and CRASHiC before we left, you can't really look for what "may" happend in loosers, only winners and how people advance. u seeded well for us to not meet till like the third round or so in "Winners", for the size of this tourney it was good, but since half of us went to loosers on round one or two... well then its inevitable to meet right after. thats just how it is, with such small amount of people you can't do much about it. I really thank you for doing what you did.

also, MetroCon was really bad... damm.

CRUSH_

Smash Cadet
I didn't see any of that hostility/fighting business. Must've happened after I left. My sincere apologies for asking about the stream, I should've known the dude at the computer would be busy as hell. It was cool to see how I stack up against Emo^Wolf and M!X, even though I got slaughtered XD. Who was that that beat me in the second round with his Pit? That was horrible ><

Me and the 4 people I came with got eliminated immediately again. Guess I got a lot to learn. The skill spectrum on this game is soooo big. Seems like for every good player there's another one who could make him look drunk =D

-!-

Smash Lord
I rather Fight MK then DDDs :( but no one listens lol but seriously, no need to ban any character... they all have their weaknesses, though MK gets people to whine about...

ummm when I fought those DDDs in this tourney, I actually had lot's of fun with that match up... it's only a matter of time before I get it right though :)

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman

About the tournament

- The live stream was absolute crap and at it's worst. literally little viewers (since more were watching the Texas tournament and midwest tournament somewhere)

-The venue was fine, but paying for wifi access was not needed at all and that's how hotels operate, internet don't come for free

-Some matches were played as Money matches and refused to be kicked out for a toruney match that's needed to be done. wtf... this seriously goes for DC big time for doing that (playing a full set of a money match where a tourney match must happen)

Players

-NO ****ING JOHNS YOU 2

- Yummynbeefy: you ****ing annoyed me too much that day and I'm pissed off on that ****, nagging me nonstop for a live stream where i consistently cant get wifi access cuz you ****ing have to pay for it.

- Naples people I know: Thanks for some of the friendlies, I wish I could have play more with you guys, but it didn't feel enough to me and especially being have to cut it short........

- ScaryLB (ed): I appreciate the friendlies, especially with the new sheik infinite i was expecting more f-tilts to see if i can break it with n-air with mk. but we can try that again in FL gaming,.

- To some players that I played in friendlies using mk... well I was preparing for Florida Gaming... and if i 2-3 stocked u guys, well i'm sorry about it. but see the true reality of all of this

2. Metrocon
3. Gigabits March
4. FIU GameNARP (November)

edit: no thanks to the host for being unprepared and failing to acknowledge my services completely. your hosting wasn't at it's best and do **** right next time

i didnt meanto piss you of 8-bit but i did say thnks alot. cuz i know you did alot for naples. you tryed to understand us and thnks man. and just incase if you dont remember i saaid happy birthday as soon as i got to the venue and while you were playing my brother vtec. again my bad for you having a bad weekend and thnks for everything fuego did get pissed off and was cussig i just ask you if there was anything you could do. but fuego was only concerne for f-18 he didnt do teams with me and then if he lossed it would of been loosing 2 times in a row then thats it. well thnks for helping us again and yourr too cool man you need to relax alil man hopefully ill go to FG so ill see you theree

Shaky

Smash Ace
Just to clear some things up, the Ness vs Snake, Marth and DDD matchups are all harder than MK. Banning Metaknight might make the tournament easier for some characters, but this is not true for Ness. Besides, none of the players I beat in tournament were MK mainers, so I believe me getting 3rd place had nothing to do with MK being banned (especially since Seibrik won anyways and beat me in tournament too).

OverLade

Smash Hero
I think if A MK player can beat a good ness, they could probably also do the same with another high tier character/The ones Shaky named. Other than getting gimped Ness doesn't seem to have any severe weaknesses to MK, not that getting gimped isn't a serious weakness though.

Shaky

Smash Ace
I think if A MK player can beat a good ness, they could probably also do the same with another high tier character/The ones Shaky named. Other than getting gimped Ness doesn't seem to have any severe weaknesses to MK, not that getting gimped isn't a serious weakness though.
This post is even better than mine.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I don't know **** about Ness' matchups in general but all I'm going to say is that there are plenty of characters besides MK who can take out Ness.

Plus the difference in skill level between Seibrik's MK and the other MKs who were there is very, very big.

shiekssbm

Smash Ace
Is that because of me???

Tell your cousin Dew Da Dash that we didn't get to play our match.

-Lee-
not just you.. id imagine every diddy kong does this when they play.
i felt as if every second of the match was about bananas.. like someone put the items on very high, lol.
couldnt get through them, atleast not with luigi.

but your diddy kong was good and smart, ill cya at FL gaming.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
not just you.. id imagine every diddy kong does this when they play.
i felt as if every second of the match was about bananas.. like someone put the items on very high, lol.
couldnt get through them, atleast not with luigi.

but your diddy kong was good and smart, ill cya at FL gaming.
Thanks man, you were like the first Luigi I ever played. Good Stuff.

-Advent-

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
No, it would be an easier win that it already was in the first place.

This tournament is a fun experiment, but the results wouldn't change much with MK in. Seibrik would be the only notable MK winning. Some of the other best MKs in Florida don't even go to many tournies yet.

Polt good job at almost knocking Seibrik out LOL

Shaky keep repping that Ness, get a secondary though for those real hard matchups and you'll place even better :p
The way I see it master ravyn is that you are dumb as **** because you didnt see the matches between mob and seibrik and chops they gave them a run for their money and even took a set of of their team the last set wen 2-3 seibrik

get your **** right if they had mk it would have been 3-0 seibrik no second set I think anyone who saw tha matches would agree

And 8-bit Im sorry for gettin angry with you however that is my way of expressing my feeling l0l i wasn't about to let my friend get kknocked out by me you can say all you want but im sorry if I annoyed the **** out of you but I thought you were pretty chill Sorry for ruining your b-day dawg at least I said it. Mines friday if you wanna prank call me all night or sum **** to ruin mine back go for it pm and ill give you my number....... I wasn't screaming I was using my inside angry voice

Crashic you owe me 3 dollars dawg from our mm

Chops we had some fun friendlies next time well play some more and you can give me some T!Ps

Seibrik good **** winning u are unreputedly the best in fl you gotta train me dawg you got me we havent played yet but hopefully soon ill be ready for you guys

Lee-**** your bananas
banana locking me from one side of fd to the other that was too good I was not ready for any diddy rapage that you laid down sorry bout the RC cp had too do it dawg couldn't let you 2-0 me

DC- lol your funny man I think you should have taken our match more seriously but thats fine lol i cant belive you cp me Ike wasn't expectin that im down to play with you when I visit from NJ.

Wolf- we were too good at this tourney next time we gotta take MOB DOWN you got me

M!X..............<3 no homo

Leader you know who you are pretty soon your GOING to BE BOSS

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
The way I see it master ravyn is that you are dumb as **** because you didnt see the matches between mob and seibrik and chops they gave them a run for their money and even took a set of of their team the last set wen 2-3 seibrik

get your **** right if they had mk it would have been 3-0 seibrik no second set I think anyone who saw tha matches would agree
I think if anyone wins without using their main, then they can win by a better margin with it.

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
exactly what I was saying seibrek would have ***** ROB in the 2 vs. 1 scenarios they were in anyone would agree

OverLade

Smash Hero

I disagree.
Atomsk and Inui got knocked into losers by a Pit and Lucas (albeit a NASTY (pun intended, the lucas players tag was nasty) pit and lucas).

How good MK is in teams is highly dependent on who his opponents are, similar to singles matchups. It's POSSIBLE they would've have done better, but I think there are definetly times when a D3/Snake team would be more effective than MK/Snake.

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
I disagree.
Atomsk and Inui got knocked into losers by a Pit and Lucas (albeit a NASTY (pun intended, the lucas players tag was nasty) pit and lucas).

How good MK is in teams is highly dependent on who his opponents are, similar to singles matchups. It's POSSIBLE they would've have done better, but I think there are definetly times when a D3/Snake team would be more effective than MK/Snake.
doesn't atomsk play dedede and inui plays mk. That is different then the double snake that seibrik and chops used mk snake would have been more effective on a d3 and r.o.b. team

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
2 things.
Anyone expecting drastic changes in outcome from a Florida banned Metaknight tournament would be silly. Are Snake's and DDDs out number our Metaknights.

2. I kind of lean both ways in the double argument. I know Seib and Chops worked their ***** off for that win, more than they had to when they fight CO18 and RED HALBERD.

Top Bottom