• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character has the highest potential when the game is played perfectly?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Transcending all human limits and only being limited by the 60 frames per second limit, what one character could absolutely not be beaten no matter what?

In Melee, it was a tie between Fox, Falco, and Bowser. Fox and Falco can never be hit if they multishine frame perfect, and Bowser has an infinite ledge stall. The match would never end because nobody would ever get hurt.

In Brawl, who can never be beaten assuming perfect play?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Considering not every tactic of every character has been discovered yet, it's hard to say, but I suppose Top Tier is where you should look at.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Well we have to deal with the knowledge we have, that's a given.

We certainly have enough knowledge, though.

MK's Infinite Dimensional Cape would obviously give him the win in Top Tier (and the rest of the game), but that's just ******** and we shouldn't really consider it.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Wolf because down special have SA and almost no punish lag. Frame perfectly, you could negate almost any hit and counter. Maybe oli......

Pretty sure there was already another thread on this.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I don't know who for sure but I can tell you its not Diddy.

Everyone would be able to perfect shield his bananas.

bleyva

Smash Ace
if every character was player perfectly without any blemishes, they would all be perfectly equal.

otherwise, they wouldnt be perfect.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
...I'm liking the intelligent discussion so far.

Anyway, Olimar's Down B super armor lasts for 15 frames: Frames 2-16, and the move ends on Frame 20. There is 4 frames of incapacitation after the super armor ends. The fastest thing you can do after a whistle is whistle again, which means you'll need to wait an additional 2 frames before you can get more invincibility, making the grand total 6 frames of vulnerability after a successful whistle.

If you think that's unpunishable, you're insane.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
...I'm liking the intelligent discussion so far.

Anyway, Olimar's Down B super armor lasts for 15 frames: Frames 2-16, and the move ends on Frame 20. There is 4 frames of incapacitation after the super armor ends. The fastest thing you can do after a whistle is whistle again, which means you'll need to wait an additional 2 frames before you can get more invincibility, making the grand total 6 frames of vulnerability after a successful whistle.

If you think that's unpunishable, you're insane.

Thats why I said wolf

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Game and Watch maybe?

Or it could be a tie between him and Snake. They could just tech chase if the game was played "perfectly."

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That would mean every match would time out with neither player being hit. You can still play perfectly, but you're never truly safe.

Any character with fast, ranged attacks, good aerial speed so they can dish them out quickly and still retreat. And any projectile with a grab follow-up puts you in a bad postion. You'd have to perfect shield AND spotdodge every time. It just won't happen.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Toon Link.
Defiantly.
Just look at him.

And with this, I break my 6,666 post count. :mad:

Hiiiiiii

Smash Cadet
Assuming everyone is perfect nobody would win since EVERYBODY would perfect shield everything or perfectly dodge every grab.

Assuming there isn't perfect shields everytime, DK for his huge hitboxes.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Lol if Olimar just did nothing but whistle super armor. That wouldn't make him win, though, so I'm going to say...Jiggs! Invisibility frames on rest means no one can get near her...Huzzah!

daisho

Smash Lord

Here's a new idea:

Only post if your account is...2 years old or older
Its a open forum... anyone can post.

That being said... anyone who has a guarenteed GFSC would only need to get a footstool jump in... Im sure that would be possible... the rest of the time then could perfect shield and dodge everything.

Im gonna say DK because his GFSC pwns.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
getting a footstool is once again something that would never be done at perfect level play

because you will be dodging everything possible to dodge

the only strategies are undodgable attacks or making yourself completely unhittable.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
That's like saying "If chess was played perfectly, no piece would ever get lost."
lul GBD.
Actually this kind of gets me thinking.

I would say that not taking damage takes priority over dealing damage, by and large - you can always find an opportunity to deal damage later, but once it's tacked on it's there forever.

So ANY time in which a player gets hit, they've made a mistake.

Therefore...if SSB was played perfectly, no character would ever get hit >_>

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I pretty sure there are enough characters with enough ledgestalls to show you what happens at frame perfection.

Top Bottom