• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I.L.M.B.B.S 1//Ft. Wayne, IN--July 11th\\SMYM PRACTICE!!!

Tink

Smash Hero
Ft wayne people present---"I Love My Big Black Shoes".....ok people, The Ft Wayne crew really wants to get a tournament going(and possibly many more)...We are like, perfectly central to everyone, so no one should have any johns. We should get a decent sized turnout, so dont scrub it up by not coming. i want to see some OH/IL/MI/and a good amount of IN support for this.....the last tourny ft wayne crew had here got around 40 people and were looking to get much of the same, if not more, at this tourny. This will be greatttt practice for the upcoming circuit championships(smym). hope you can make it out for the good times and now onto some of the rules....

Date-July 11th
Time-Sign ups will start at 10 a.m. and doubles will start at 11 a.m.

---new info(7/7)---

the Double Elim bracket will be secret, as to prevent shenanigans.

There will be also one person in each pool in charge of making sure matches are happening at all times. that person will have a star by their names more then likley.

location-It's going to be held in a room in the Manchester College Physical Education/Recreation Center. It's very close to where we held our last tourney for the few of you who were here for that. Use google maps satellite to find the intersection of College Avenue and East Street and you'll see what's in my picture down below. It's the big building with the white roof slightly east of that intersection and just west of the running track.

It's a little trixy to find so I've made up a picture to help. And we'll have signs up leading you from the parking lot to the room so don't worry about losing your way. The blue line in the picture is the drive you'll need to take into the parking lot. Enter the NW corner of the building with the arrow pointing at it.

The room is upstairs and down a hall, but not too hard to find.

604 East College Ave N. Manchester, IN.

Rules-

$5 venue fee (waived if you bring a setup with a TV LARGER than 13")
$10 per person for teams
$10 for singles

-pot split-
singles
1 - 60%
2 - 30%
3 - 10%
4 - money back

teams
1-60%
2-30%
3-10%

Tournament Rules
there will be pools for singles, and doubles if time allows(if we get too many people, we might not do pools for teams)
Doubles pools will feed into a bracket of 8 teams; singles pools will feed into a bracket of 32 players.

•Stages/Characters:
••Stages limited to the 6 starter stages for random, others open for counterpicks.
••Starter stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium
••Stages banned: Yoshi's Island, MKI, MKII, Venom, Big Blue, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Termina, and Yoshi's Island 64++(added green greens)
•Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not pick the last stage where you won in the same set.
•Knock-out: Each person may knock out one stage for the entire match. This stage must be selected before any stages are chosen for the set.
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind pick for the first game of a set may be called at any time
•Wobbling is banned

•Special Team Rules:
• Team Attack ON
• Life stealing allowed
• Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned
• MK 2 is allowed for teams

Other Rules & Special Issues

-- Controller modifications: removal of components/buttons and cosmetic changes are allowed. Turbo or programmed buttons are not allowed.
-- Stupid Fastliketree Rule: Various dickery such as throwing round robin matches may be grounds for disqualification.
--Being absent for your match for more than X minutes/calls will be grounds for forfeiture, where X is subject to time constraints and the TO's remaining patience.
--No stalling or making matches unfinishable or other such evildoing.
--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

i pretty much copied everything for the smym thread with a little changes...thanks aob :p.

Kels88

Smash Lord
I would go to Genesis but I don't think the money spent will be worth it for one day of melee. If it was a 2-3 day melee event I wouldn't have a problem with going.

Tink

Smash Hero
ya, genesis is for nubs :p...jk =), rep the MW big dizzle!

everyone else, this is gonna be the place to be!

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
I guess since I'm reserving the venue, maybe I'll make an appearance. Why isn't Green Greens BEE BYE BO BANNED? The jankyness seeps into the marrow of my bones and gives me the lukemia.

Tink

Smash Hero
ya, i def can big c....also, if you dont want green greens, we can take it out....its our tourny, so if one of us doesnt like the rules, we can change them a littttle.

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl, i just wanna surprise everyone at this =)...the skill is returning, dont worry :D.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Jekyll+PEEF. In control like a chief.

See ya there. KneeBash will be representing the bottom pool spots haha.

Tink

Smash Hero
rofll...your not quick enough zuesy =).

edit: btw, i would just like to say thati finally past big C in post count, and thats not easy to do when the guy went on a spam war back in the day =).

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
In case there's time, (we're supposed to be out of the venue by 10pm...) any suggestions for side tourneys? Personally, I'd like to be holding my own Goldeneye $MM booth off by the TO desk, just in case anybody wants to lose some money.

Tink

Smash Hero
people should tryyyyy to bring TVs too!!!

idk how many setups we have, but i can bring one....can people lmk who else can bring any TV or cubes/wiis o_0?

Top Bottom