• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Memphis Has No Friends, July 11th 2009, Tewksbury MA

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Memphis Has No Friends
A Super Smash Brothers Tournament

NOTE - This information is not 100% confirmed and will be validated within a week
AIB - http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6339

Tewksbury, MA 01876-4720
http://ma.citysquares.com/tewksbury/retail-shopping/bookstores/batter-up-cards-comics

Event Information
Venue -
Singles - 10 Dollar Entry
Doubles - 10 Dollar Entry, 5 per person

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

You should start arriving @ around 11 - 11:30 AM. This will start PROMPTLY @ Noon. If you are going to be late, that's a john, and a bad one at that.

WE NEED SET UPS - Anyone that can bring a TV and/or Wii/Brawl would be greatly appreciated

This is also going to be the first time this venue has had a video game tournament in its facility, this is generally a trading card shop that holds various TCG tournaments. If we all respectful during the event we will most likely be able to use this great venue again.

Rules

Match Rules - 3 Stocks - 8 minutes.
Format - Double Elimination. All matches will be 2/3, with all finals being 3/5.
Seeding - Pools & Brackets will be seeded by skill level.
Items - Set to NONE and OFF
Doubles - Team Attack will be on with Life stealing is allowed

Advanced Slob Picks - will be used during all Brawl events:
- First match is a blind pick, where the competitors will tell their character to a judge, and proceed.
- The Loser of the first match will then pick the next stage, then the winner may choose his character. After, the loser will choose his character and begin. The same will happen for the third match, if forced.
* Dave's Modified Stupid Rule will be in effect. No player may pick a stage he's won on during one set.

Infinite chain grabs must be ended after 250%, any higher will considered excessive stalling. Avoiding a reachable position of combat to purposely run the timer is stalling.
- Standing infinites are banned only when used to stall.
- In the event of a dispute, controller ports, colors, and stage strike selection order will be determined by Odds and Evens. **** RPS
- Planking is banned , meaning if the timer runs out whoever have 50 or more ledge grabs will lose the match.
- Your controller, settings, and name tag are your responsibility prior to the start of the match. Always check you are using the correct settings and everything is working BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions or incorrect settings, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- Any action that can prevent an in progress game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, touching the equipment, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and will be held responsible for triggering one of these effects or any conduct preventing the match from finishing.
- Metaknight’s Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
- If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf’s over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins. If a player ends the match by swallowing with King DeDeDe or Kirby, and it counts as a tie the player whom initiated the swallowing wins. Unless the character breaks out prior to death and is shown winning the match. In which case, that stands as the correct result.

Each player will be awarded one (1) stage ban of his/her choosing at the beginning of each set.

Neutral Stages (Set to Random)
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Smashville

Counterpick Stages:
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Siege
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2

Other Rules & Special Issues

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc),
except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are
banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be
disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use
third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you
are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to
use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character
or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match
or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the
immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Sonic's Homing Attack Wall Bounce are allowed as methods of recovery or
to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively
stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath,
is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to
enforce this rule during a match.

You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable
for this tournament (wii mote/nun chuck/classic), just make sure people around
you are not also syncing at the same time as you.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im going to build up some money, so while i cant 100% confirm myself for this, I will do all that is in my power to not bail on you again

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
MC is employing the ledge grab rule...

also MC, how many do you expect to be in attendence for this shindig

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Avoiding a reachable position of combat to purposely run the timer is stalling.

lolplanking?
Sure.

MC is employing the ledge grab rule...

also MC, how many do you expect to be in attendence for this shindig
I feel the grab rule is stupid, but there isn't any harm in adding it. It isn't like anyone is going to plank at this thing anyway.

I'm thinking about a way to re-word it to so you can grab the ledge as many times as you want as long as it isn't planking. It is definantly possible to grab the ledge 50 times and not be planking, but I'm not really worried about it.

I actually have no idea how many people are going to show up to this, but I'm sure its going to be an above average turnout.

is these only brawl
Yes, but I totally support melee set-ups on the side, and I have no issue with someone running a side event for it. If there is time I want to either do a Low Tier or Brawl + event.

Haha No Friends
none

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You cant grab the ledge 50 times in one game without planking, unless you are scared as all effing get out, in which case you dont deserve to win anyway

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
i see that my brethren are coming. i will do my best to make an appearance here as well.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'll still try to attend, hopefully this doesn't overlap with anything...

Also Memphis, please check your PMs =<

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
yeah its during genisis, but most of the people here arn't going to that, i still expect around 30 people to show up.

but is there anyone with a personal issue that can't come? i would like to have as many people as possible

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
this doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention,

I know a lot of people have confirmed going, but why is no one posting? D:

Top Bottom