• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Insomniac" NYC's first Brawl+ crew!!! ~OFFICIAL crew thread~

XSilvenX

Smash Lord

Who we are
To help generate more interest and activity in New York, the Atlantic North region and beyond for Brawl+, Insomniac was formed. We're a cool group of high-level smashers that not only love to play and represent the game together but hang out and chill together as well. The name fits us perfectly. If you have any of our members added on AIM you'll notice that we truly are insomniacs because you can catch most of us online beyond 5am on a normal day (if we have nothing to do the next day that is). We usually have smashfests at least once a week and we do live streaming whenever we can.

Members

Silven
Bio: "Been playing Smash competitively since Melee back in 2003 or 2004 I can't really remember the exact year. All I remember is seeing people go crazy about wavedashing and I saw my first vids of it and I had to learn it. From there I learned Samus and stuck with her until Brawl. I tried Samus in Brawl but didn't like her and went to Ike. From there I went to quite a few tournaments with a few decent results but usually disappointing. I was getting bored with the game until Brawl+. From then on I haven't really looked back since Brawl+ ***** vBrawl in every way. "

Tournament Characters
+

Just for fun
+

GuruKid
Bio: "I never got into competitive Melee. Got into the scene through Brawl, starting with local tournaments in Brooklyn (where I met Rykoshet and Nakayorz), and my smash career thus began. Since November '08 I've attended most New York City tournaments. After growing to hate the original game and learning about the Brawl+ project, I almost immediately switched to the hotter sister. Just aiming to be the very best, like no one ever was. I love Green."

Tournament Characters
+
+

Just for fun

Blackanese
Bio: "Raymond aka Blackanese, 18 (and single lol ;]). Been playing smash since Melee, but came in the scene kinda late so wasn’t really good at it :[. Pretty good in vBrawl, but got to the point where it got somewhat boring, which bring me to playing Brawl+. Anyways I’m pretty much known as a decent player, but more known for being the funny guy/trash talker. If you ever get the chance to play me you’ll understand perfectly BEETCH AZZ NUGGUH"

Tournament Characters
+
+

Just for fun

Glick
Bio: "I started playing vBrawl competitively when it first came out. I've been playing Jigglypuff all my life. My Brawl+ style is a mixture of my Smash64 style and my vBrawl style. I fall asleep inside people."

Tournament Characters
+

Just for fun
+

Khanti
Bio: "Probably one of the best smashers from North Coast Nassau County (the other being Eaode). Unfortunately there isn't really any competitive scene out here. Loved Melee but didn't start being competitive until about 4 years ago. Loved Brawl when it first came out for all the new content but quickly became boring. After reading about the Brawl+ project, I immediately homebrewed my Wii and started playing. Been loving it ever since, playing Brawl the way I had expected it to be, or close to it. Due to lack of good players out in my area, I need to play with some good people so NYC was the place to go."

Tournament Characters

Just for fun

+

Shin
Bio: "I love Melee. I love vBrawl, but I sleep with Brawl+. It has nice legs. Seriously though I play this game because it's just more fun for me. Nothing more. Nothing less."

Tournament Characters
+

Just for fun
?
Crew Videos

Matches

For match videos you can visit these Youtube channels and simply search any of our names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCaesar007

http://www.youtube.com/user/XSilvenX

http://www.youtube.com/user/Guru2Kid

Others

New York City Brawl+ Community Combo Video

Tournament Results

"Apex" Brawl+ singles tournament

Silven 7th out of 33.
Blackanese 9th out of 33.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Beyond The Limit" Brawl+ singles tournament
Silven 17th out of 33
GuruKid 7th out of 33

"Beyond The Limit" Brawl+ doubles tournament
Blackanese + GuruKid 1st out of 13
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"S.N.E.S." at Game Unicon Brawl+ singles tournament
GuruKid 2nd out of 29
Silven 13th out of 29
Blackanese 5th out of 29
Glick 9th out of 29
Khanti 13th out of 29
"Hackfest 3.0" singles tournament
GuruKid 1st/2nd (split with Chu) out of 17
Blackanese 5th out of 17

"Hackfest 3.0" doubles tournament
GuruKid + Blackanese 1st out of 9
"Beyond The Limit 2" singles tournament
Silven 17th out of 25
Blackanese 5th out of 25
Glick 4th out of 25
Khanti 17th out of 25

"Beyond The Limit 2" doubles tournament
Glick and Skip 5th out of 17
Blackanese and Ref 3rd out of 17
Khanti and DaiAndOh 9th out of 17
"Hackfest 5.0" singles tournament
Silven 3rd out of 13
Blackanese 9th out of 13
Glick 4th out of 13
GuruKid 7th out of 13

"Hackfest 5.0" doubles tournament
GuruKid and Blackanese 2nd out of 5
Glick and Waffle 3rd out of 5
"Pound 4" Brawl+ Singles
Silven 25th out of 63
Blackanese 17thout of 63
Glick 4th out of 63

"Pound 4" Brawl+ doubles
Silven and D1 13th out of 25
Blackanese and Glick 4th out of 25

Live Stream

Our next livestream is currently not scheduled

If you have nothing better to do and feel like watching a bunch of us play Brawl+ then feel free to watch. I highly suggest you create a Ustream login or else you won't be allowed to participate in the chat. :ohwell:. By the way the smashfests usually have people outside the crew so it shouldn't get boring... People like Ninjalink, Starzonedge, D1, Yingyay, Skip and Blue Terrorist have been known to drop by at times.... ;)

Here's the link.

The stream will probably be up from 4'ish to 10 PM

Recordings

Silvenfest 6/26/09 Part 1

Silvenfest 6/26/09 Part 2

Highlight - D1's beast commentary. **TOO FUNNY!*

Highlight - Silven's footstool gimmick

Highlight - GuruKid's ninja squirtle

Glickfest 6/29/09 Part 1
Glickfest 6/29/09 Part 2

Silvenfest 7/31/09 Part 1
Silvenfest 7/31/09 Part 2

Highlight - Game and Watch is broken

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Least I got something to look forward to
SOON GLICK! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Also that blind guy from bleach hasnt done anything for like 5 months wtf

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Oh shnaps...Insomniac vs Explicit Aggression? Sounds good to me :)

too goods guys. glad to see NY involved. D1 MA DOO BRAWL+ WITH US

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
The new site looks pretty fresh. Very amazing work since it explains everything done to make it easy to understand for newcomers coming from vBrawl.

Good sh*t Shanus.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
4v4 is fine lol. All we really need is **** talking...Blackanese can you do the honors for both crews? Just run back and forth from side to side...

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
In the words of Blackanese..."GET THAT TRASH OUTTA HERE !!!"

No mascots kthnxbai. This crew isn't called "Kibble 'n Bits".

Eweh eweh

Lord Khanti

Smash Journeyman
rawararar. i would like crew admission but i work to much : /

Friday was fun tho at smashfest, i want 2 attend more but depends on my friday plans since i usually have fridays covered with other things.

D1

Banned via Administration
Nothing better than spending a Friday night w/ the Insomniacs in the city.

You guys are a REAL CREW.

You fvcking play smash together, and fvcking hangout together afterwards.

I love you guys.

<3

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
A crew huh? Finally made this official,

Well good luck to you guys :). Hopefully I can come this Friday.

After all, Guru would get disappointed if I don't give him his rematch :p.

Top Bottom