• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Cape used in Singles match! (Versus MK)

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Looks like the Cape **** isn't only for doubles any more! I haven't tested it yet, but this technique might just make Mario a bit more scarier.

EDIT: I'll have an official video out in about 1 hour. Gonna research it a bit.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
<----Just **** his pants

That's Soooooooo Awesome. What's more, it was MK O_O

Dude...MK had already reappeared...wtf, this is crazy

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Dude...who else does this work on? Who else has attacks similar to these? Mainly B moves...

I mean insta-death? wtf?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Zelda/Shiek teleport?

That's all I can think of >_>

also this is awesome lol
True. The only thing is, I've caped these before and NOTHING like this has ever happened...

The timing must be really strict. Plus, FireMario caped him after he reappeared...maybe that's the key.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm sure you guys already know this, but if you cape either of Sonic's spindashes, he moves too fast to stop himself and dies (He MIGHT be able to jump and survive if he knows exactly what's going on and reacts instantly).

SuSa

Banned via Administration
True. The only thing is, I've caped these before and NOTHING like this has ever happened...

The timing must be really strict. Plus, FireMario caped him after he reappeared...maybe that's the key.

You guy's haven't reconstructed this?

I can try to do frame-by-frame testing and cape each seperate frame for MK's down-B to see if that affects anything. Maybe it's only during 1 frame?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?

You guy's haven't reconstructed this?

I can try to do frame-by-frame testing and cape each seperate frame for MK's down-B to see if that affects anything. Maybe it's only during 1 frame?
That'd be awesome, hopefully it doesn't require such frame perfection though.

I know that the doubles version of cape **** requires you to cape during the initial knockback to amplify it enough...or merely be high enough in the air to star KO them.

SuSa

Before I test this frame by frame:

1) I'm going to go see what happens to Lucas if you cape his Zap Jump. Oo
2) I'm going to see what happens to Ness during his. :o
3) I'm going to try and recreate this, does anyone have the first hitbox for the Cape so I can be lazy? lol
4) I'm going to try and find other momentum changing moves and cape those. (Lucas's PsI Magnet comes to mind as he pulls it out...

Also I just found out cape multiplies knockback. That is **** in teams. (MK can die from a Bowser dash attack at 0% if caped it seems like....)

Do you have better frame data then http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206455 ?

I'm talking First hitbox / IASA(end frame if no IASA)

Because while I change my Brawl+ to frame-by-frame, I can get you guys more accurate frame data. (Won't be testing end hitbox frames. Sorry, but that's a *****)

Mario is sexy.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
The timing isn't too strict.

I'm researching it right now, but I don't know how to perfectly count frames. I have the replays if someone can.

SuSa

I have a frame-by-frame code. I could literally tell you between what frames you need to cape him on for it to work.

I can also see how strict the whole useless ledge grab reversal thing is. As well as to satisfy my curiosity of what happens when you cape someone during their getup roll at the start frames when they have no invincibility.

Also about that frame data... want it or no?

If it's not to strict, it shouldn't take me long to find the frames it happens during. ;)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey SuSa, can you do me a favor and while you test that, test to see if Sonic can survive getting his spindashes caped?

EDIT:

Also, frame data is always nice.

SuSa

It will depend where Sonic is on the stage I am sure. If he's going left on the far left of the stage, he may survive. But if he's caped while let's say... b-reversing a side-B on stage as a mixup he may die.

Sure, I'll test that for you.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Do you have better frame data then http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206455 ?

I'm talking First hitbox / IASA(end frame if no IASA)

Because while I change my Brawl+ to frame-by-frame, I can get you guys more accurate frame data. (Won't be testing end hitbox frames. Sorry, but that's a *****)

Mario is sexy.
[/color]
Bobson's awesome frame data is what we go by here. Let me dig up the thread for you...

Anyway, this thread gets a one week sticky because of such extreme manliness, Melee Captain Falcon just made Mario a sandwhich.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Here's the frame data.

Courtesy of Bobson.

The Bowser/MK think isn't exactly true. Apparently MK jumped or something so it wasn't exactly what it seemed. But generally you're right, This is an example of one of the ways it can be used in teams. There's another vid out where you cape after MK's Uthrow and get the same result.

This also works on Brinstar/Norfair's lava. Basically anything that gives outside knockback and allows Mario to cape during the knockback.

SuSa

Bobson FTW lol.

Cape hits on 12, that makes my job easier. lol

Soon as my batteries charge and I can plug my camera into my computer to update my SD card, I'll begin frame-by-frame testing of this.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Dam. SuSa your my hero and Mario boards hero for frame by frame sexy action omfg lmfao.

Edit on the timing, no clue, but the cape does relatively slower but has the same range as Marth's Fair so.... if it were a frame perfection, it shouldn't be THAT strict, I mean D3 can do a perfect frame running CG on luigi.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Edit on the timing, no clue, but the cape does relatively slower but has the same range as Marth's Fair so.... if it were a frame perfection, it shouldn't be THAT strict, I mean D3 can do a perfect frame running CG on luigi.
Well, that's different since it's a CG. You can buffer it as long as you're not a lazy **** and have fast fingers. The normal CG just has so much room for error that there's no need to worry about it.

Matt07

Smash Master
Lol well all MK's have to avoid is using Dimensional Cape. Most MK's never really use it anyways, but still this could work wonderfully for other characters.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
I saw this and was currious, so I did a bit of testing. It looks frame specific for the teleport of instant death, but it would seem that you can get a nerfed version that sends MK off the stage and into the helpless animation to his doom too. You need to hit him as he is reappearing to get the momentum. He seems to need to be attacking for it to work, too. People with better testing skills can confirm/disprove and give more details later, lol.

Edit: Just got the real one. MAN that's entertaining. :)

SuSa

Now if only this affected all of MK's moves..........and you guys didn't get infinited by D3.

(I need to find for myself how easy that infinite is... I still can't see it totally wrecking some characters viability... )

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
*Mashes out of infinite and gives D3 the finger*

It's only a true infinite at KO percentages, like 100+

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
*Mashes out of infinite and gives D3 the finger*

It's only a true infinite at KO percentages, like 100+
I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows this!

Seriously, the problem with D3 is no where near his infinite, it's his obscene grab range.

Top Bottom