• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Cape used in Singles match! (Versus MK)

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Wow, this just blew my mind. O.o

Lol, you can't even see Metaknight fly off the screen while in slow motion :laugh:.

Awesome music choice ;). I really like this music, but I don't get to hear it a lot (if ever) when I play.

It seems like if you cape Meta when he reappears in front of you, he will rocket off the screen. If you cape Meta when he reappears slightly behind you, he will get the nerfed version.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Firemario officially makes kickass videos. *Puts my seal of approval on that video*

Now let's see what else this works with? :D
Did you managed to do the frame by frame thingy yet? :(

I'm still speed theory cruising on the applications we can use for this ._. Kinda gay since MK doesnt regular use Diminsional cape lol. Do you think we can do this on Mach Tornado? Like push his momentum upwards for a star ko or something? O_o

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I can't do the frame thing until tomorrow, but its easy enough to time that the frames don't really matter. It comes down to "cape a little bit before he appears".

@Xero

Ness, if he uses his second jump+PK fire may be affected. I WANT TO SEE LUCAS be caped during zap jump.

Zap jumping + caping with only myself = really hard...

How to ZJ with Lucas: Second jump + PK fire

it makes him go REALLY REALLY REALLY high.

Mario + Cape on Lucas during ZJ === ??? :( I'm curious.

Also if it'd help I can work on moves I'm 20% certain affect momentum in strange ways so you guys can test it. (I don't main/secondary Mario so TBH I don't really care. I just like being helpful)

Test:
Lucas during Zap Jump
Ness doing the same thing (I think they call it something else...)
Lucas from behind RIGHT as he starts PK magnet while moving in the air. (It has strange momentum issues, you can test this by doing a pk fire then PSI magneting right after...)
Sheik before/just after Vanish
Zelda if possible as she reappears. (Not sure if her hitbox comes out before shes vulnerable)
Squirtle as his Hydro Plane animation begins.
Sonic during his side-B / down-B
Samus during her down-B jump thingie (yah, it was more weird in Melee. w/e)

I know you guys know cape affects Falcon punch. Does it affect Warlock Punch? If not, test an AERIAL Warlock Punch.

What happens if you cape a tether recovery? Oo /curious

EDIT:

What sucks about this:

You just made MK's most useless move that is rarely used, if ever, as an attack. More useless. <_<... -_-

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Nothing happens when you cape a tether recovery. You have to cape them BEFORE they do their recovery, but otherwise, once their in the tether recovery, they only take the dmg from the cape.

edit: when they got the tether sweetspot the edge, you can cape them but they'll still be hugging the edge but still take dmg

SuSa

That's sadly what I thought hippiedude. :( Just couldn't remember. *hasn't played as or against a Mario in... months Oo)

It's not matchup changing. Please find me any top level MK who actually uses down-B offensively.... and if they do, they won't know because of this. <_<

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
That's why me or at least the other Marios are theory schemeing right now, instead of getting a silly boner from a silly diminsional cape kill. >___> Isn't there any other moves that are highly similar to MK's downb mechanics? The zap jump does sound cool though.

What about Pikachu's upb?

SuSa

I think you just reverse that.

I mentioned everything I felt altered momentum in 'bizarrre' ways. Such as I really don't know why Lucas goes as high as FD on it's side when he uses a second jump on the same frame as a pk-fire input....

The closest thing to MK's dimensional (not demensional ;) there is a typo in the video) I could think of was Sheik's/Zelda's recovery.

It's also stranger that this glitch (going to call it that..) only works if MK attacks.

(where were Sakurai's testers on this one?... can't even test 1 move against another?)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Thrilla's been testing it all night, and so far nothing, though he has found other cool stuff.

In any case, it doesn't work on Vanish or Pika's UpB.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
What effect does the cape have when someone does a reverse B in the air to change their momentum?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
OMG, that was epic, I hate Meta-Knight so bad, I know matchups is 65/35, I'll say 60/40 b/c of the cape ****, it depends if the Meta Knight player uses it on you.
Wow... like an MK player would ever use down-b offensively...

Believe me, MK can just not use down-b offensively against Mario and he'll do just fine. The only reason I can think of that'd make him want to is if he's IDCing.

shizzlee

Smash Apprentice
This is the best thing I have ever seen. Had to come out of lurking so I could comment on its awesomeness. Instant Transmission lol. (goes back to lurking)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I know a few top level MKs use it as a mix-up for recoveries, but not much more.

Either way, this is one of those gateway discoveries that'll lead to more discoveries in the future. If we understand how this works, why it only works during the attack and not during the movement, we'll understand why/how we can use this on more and more characters and make this a general threat when you think of Mario as ANY character.

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
True. The only thing is, I've caped these before and NOTHING like this has ever happened...

The timing must be really strict. Plus, FireMario caped him after he reappeared...maybe that's the key.
S*** I think I dont wanna play anymore man

JUDGE

Smash Lord
sexy!!!!!
so marios cape is stronger then mk cape huh??? lol
does this always work???
is the timing hard???

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Lmao, I forgot you were a Shiek now. I keep thinking you still main Fox XD

Yeah...you're screwed if I figure out how this works :chuckle:
Good luck, I hope you do.... Thrilla couldn't make it work at all on Vanish (though caping the reappearance of Vanish does pop her in the air in freefall long enough to get a Fmsash in, so not quite as good, but still awesome.).

bobson

Smash Lord
It's not matchup changing. Please find me any top level MK who actually uses down-B offensively.... and if they do, they won't know because of this. <_<
I think M2K got a kill once with dimensional cape when his opponent was near the top.

Zephil

Smash Ace
I just realized that mario don´t uses the cape, the cape uses mario!! little by little the cape is going up in the list of the greatest moves of brawl... really that sideB is scary

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Most of us have nobody to test with, and I can't test worth crap!

EDIT: Also, after reading Fromundaman's sig, I feel the urge to say. That being said, mabye I'm completely wrong.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
On that note could you stop ignoring cape teleport Mario boards? Cape teleport is still your AT with the most potential.
I keep trying to tell them. I was able to stage-spike Popo with Cape Teleport long before he was even able to move.

Top Bottom