• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Gen

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
~The Next Gen of Pokemon~

Approved by Zook.

So, in a further attempt to raise the activity of the PC, we will be making another next gen thread. For those not familiar with the old thread, here it is.

We will be following a similar idea to the old one but with a slightly change.

~Pokedex~

The location for the ____ gen Pokedex. Still in progress but were getting there. Remember certain pokemon haven't been included like tuskithor because we dont know what numbered location would work for them but they will still be part of the pokedex when we progress further.

2. Zebravanah

~IDEAS~

New Pokemon
~A bug Trio
~A pre-evo of tauros and miltank
~An evolution of both feebas and magikarp that joins the two families together
~A wolf pokemon (type ideas include ice, ice/ground, dark and ice/dark)
~A Baby Skarmory
~A chinese water deer pokemon
~A tucan
~A seel/otter
~A fire ant
~Skylamp Pokemon
~Tuskithor
~Chatot Evo (Read Page 16 for more info)
~Ninja/Samurai/Thief Trio
~A bug/dark pokemon
~Zombie and Mummy Pokemon
~Ragada
~Sphinx/Pyramid Pokemon
~Ghost/Ground marowak
~Fighting/Ice Polar Bear
~A virus
-----------

Starter ideas
~Water Buffalo
~Grass Zebra (the most likely idea for grass starter)
~Fire Panda

For more info on Starters read pages 4, 13-14
------------

~A barren Area with mountains and a volcano
~Area that requires a lot more exploration with things like digging underground and diving underwater (like gen 3)
~Multiple Island environments

~A desert Location that could contain these pokemon:
- Duskull/Dusclops
- Riolu/Lucario
- Seviper
- Sandshrew/Sandslash
- Onix
- Cacnea/Cacturne
- Phanpy/Donphan
- Skorupi/Drapion
- Hippopotus/Hippowdon
- Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
- Garuda/Ra Family
- Sphinx/Pyramid Family
------------

Plot
~Blaziking17's idea (page 6 for more info)
~Timssu's idea(More Info on Page 7)
~Green's idea

General Ideas

~Pokemon Rust
~Past and Future Idea

Moves

PH Beam
Poison Type Move
Power: 40-125 (6-1)
Acc: 95
Based on the PH scale, a very acidic compound is launched at the opponents, eating away at any organic material in the way, and eroding stone.

Food Poison
Poison Type Move
Power: --/--
Acc: 100 ; Lasts for however long the opp Pokemon is on the field.
When a berry is used by the foe, it poisons them instead of the intended effect. Steel types have a 50% chance of poisoning.

If I'm missing anything just point it out.

~RULES~

I wont have many rules so if you think we need some more please tell me.

• Before we decide what Pokemon to make, we need to decide a purpose, type and look (unless you've already made a picture or sprite of the pokemon). If your not familiar with this, it will be similar to the CAP on smogon.
    However, we will not be taking NEARLY as long as they did. Likely, pokemon will be made relatively fast and all new ideas are welcome
  • In the case you want an evo of an old pokemon, just say what poke you think deserves one and follow the same criteria for a brand new pokemon.
  • We will need people to help in the story so if you want to help out and make a new story just ask.
  • Sprites for pokemon would be awesome. It would be great if people could help in anyway possible (drawing pictures etc.). Though it's not required that a sprite/picture be made nor is it necessary.
  • Base Stats for the poke and move list would be great as well (though other members can help out on that)
  • New moves are allowed however they must first be addressed and you must tell what they do. You cant just add a move like "Dragon Blast" and not tell what it does. Think wisely when making moves.

Have Fun!

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Sexy 2nd post. I'd love to contribute to either the story or even the spriting if I can find the time to perfect it.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
That's fine.

So, what overall climate do you think we should have? Sinnoh was pretty cold, Jhoto and Kanto seemed moderate (fall/spring).

Maybe summer?

Or mixed seasons?

-:bowser:Bowser King

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to see a more exotic, tropical region...

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
New Pokemon ideas should definitely be based around that...

Our new pidgey perhaps? lol

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yeah, tropical would be nice.

Edit: YES. Actually make a good parrot.
Edit 2: Or give Chatot an evolution.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
A tropical theme definitely gives alot of potential for evolutions and new pokemon. I would even love to see a salamander-esque lizard pokemon that is capable of land and water forms. I guess more like a mexican walking fish: HERE

Grunt

Smash Master
a 90 power 100% accurate physical rock move.
Rock...beam...yeah.
EDIT:
isnt that thing what mudkip is based off of?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Rock...beam...yeah.
EDIT:
isnt that thing what mudkip is based off of?
There should be an ability or move that does something to SR other then rapid spin.

That or a good rapid spinner other then donphan.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
A tropical theme definitely gives alot of potential for evolutions and new pokemon. I would even love to see a salamander-esque lizard pokemon that is capable of land and water forms. I guess more like a mexican walking fish: HERE
That looks strangely like a mudkip >_>

Rock...beam...yeah.
How about "Stone Crush"?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Hmm...
Kinda...

But I was thinking more emphasis on the lizard-like parts of him, and he would naturally have to look tropical as well, which Mudkip doesnt really do.

I think his typing would have to be something unique too. Heck, if you make him look scary and transparent enough he could be Water/Ghost. Or Water/Fire somehow. I can see the Pokedex already:

On land, Axonaut's frills can cause enough friction to keep a constant fire burning, whilst in water they remain useful for detecting changes in water currents and temperature.

So the little red fringes on the thingies on his head (for lack of many better words) would be flames on land...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I think they need to go back and fix up some of the "lolwut" bad pokemon like Farfetch'd and Luvdisk. I can definitely see Farfy as some kind of Samurai duck thingy when it evolves. >.>

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I think they need to go back and fix up some of the "lolwut" bad pokemon like Farfetch'd and Luvdisk. I can definitely see Farfy as some kind of Samurai duck thingy when it evolves. >.>
haha, that would be cool. Like a bamboo sword. It could be a hold item that raises *name of evo here*'s atk or something.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Rock...beam...yeah.
:flame:
The Last Generation gave Rock, Steel and Ground type Pokemon far too many boosts. Lets be fair and give the other 14 types a couple of advantages here and there.... I'd like to see more Droughters and Drizzlers...

I'd also like an actual FIRE/DRAGON Starter, somewhat based off of Godzilla, starting as a 4 Legged Lizard, turning into a hunched over 2 legged creature, and then turning into a Giant Monster, but with Fire instead of the Plates on his back. :p

If we are talking about Tropics, I feel that we should also have a Squid based Starter. I actually don't think we've had a Squid based Pokemon Period, the closest being the Tentacool Series (which we all know are Jelly Fish).

And for the Grass Type, definitely a type of Jungle Plant. :p

And for Gyms, lets see...

Rock, Water, Electric, Grass, Poison, Psychic, Fire, Ground.
Flying, Bug, Normal, Ghost, Steel, Fighting, Ice, Dragon.
Rock, Fighting, Electric, Fire, Normal, Flying, Psychic, Water.
Rock, Grass, Ghost, Fighting, Water, Steel, Ice, Electric.

Normal:2. Fire:2. Water:3. Electric:3. Grass:2. Ice:2. Ground:1. Rock:3. Poison:1. Psychic:2. Flying:2. Bug:1. Ghost:2. Steel:2. Fighting:3. Dark:0. Dragon:1.

So, in all fairness, the next gyms should have Bug, Ground, Poison, Psychic, Flying, Fire, Dark, and Dragon Type Leaders.

And since we are talking about the Tropics again, there should be a Grass type Entry Hazard, and Corsola deserves an Alternate form. Pikachu should be given the ability to Learn Surf naturally, and all Female Trainers are required to wear Bikinis. Joking, but there shouldn't be any Hikers out in the Tropics. The clothing should be ... Tropical! They should also bring back the Cue-Ball Trainer, just for laughs.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
If we are talking about Tropics, I feel that we should also have a Squid based Starter. I actually don't think we've had a Squid based Pokemon Period, the closest being the Tentacool Series (which we all know are Jelly Fish).
Awesome idea. Its final form would be monolithic to say the least.

Grass Starter. I think it would be cool to have a grass monkey... and the final form could be a giant grass gorilla.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Throw something in for the Grass Starter so he is actually the sexy one of the three. Seems appropriate for Grass to be the strongest given the theme. Plus, how often is Grass ever the best?

Edit: I love Grass types.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Throw something in for the Grass Starter so he is actually the sexy one of the three. Seems appropriate for Grass to be the strongest given the theme. Plus, how often is Grass ever the best?
Sceptile. Enough said.

I still think the Fire Starter should actually be the Dragon that Charizard wished he was, with a Godzilla like appearance to him. Seriously, smooth out his skin, make the spikes on his back Fire, and turn him either Red or Black. Godzilla would make an awesome Pokemon!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We got a monkey starter last gen though =/

Still, that thing looking like a palm-tree monkey would look really cool P:

If there can be two "Turtle" starters, I don't see anything wrong with two monkey starters

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Notice how Sceptile isn't OU while Swampert is...

Granted, Sceptile beats Swampert 1 v 1, but it's a triangle anyway.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I personally think Swampert is much better than Sceptile. :x Playing R/S/E with Treecko was hard because it really didn't learn many good moves. Swampert is an extremely solid pokemon though. Sceptile, not so much.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
There could be more unorthodox approaches to the Grass Starter:

Zebra?
Snake? (definitely would be weird)
Echidna?
Kangaroo? (coz Kanga is barely a kangaroo)
Frog?
Elephant?
Moose?

I guess it comes down to what people like the most. I personally think Moose and Zebra would be interesting.

Edit: n00b secretion cleaned up

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, makeing the grass starter the Squid may be a good idea...

Who watched that "future Creatures" documentary and saw the Squid's that climb trees?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
lol pwnt myself.

Actually, makeing the grass starter the Squid may be a good idea...

Who watched that "future Creatures" documentary and saw the Squid's that climb trees?
Sounds awesome, but making a grass squid sprite would be no easy task, and would definitely look odd.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Being OU does not mean litteraly being better. It means being OverUsed (Hence the name). Granted, there is a huge difference between NeverUsed and Used, but plenty of UnderUsed Pokemon can do just fine in the OverUsed environment. The only Pokemon that are really better than all others are those that have been noted to be too strong or too good, and are put in the Ubers (except Garchomp, who only got in because it's counters are so few, and Wobbuffet who has the game's cheapest ability). Sceptile is a perfectly fine Pokemon, and is one heck of a grass type, only really being outclassed by the Substitute Seeding Shaymin (since that's what Grass Types do). And it was OU in the last game, but in this generation, it goes more to Mineral like Pokemon.

Also, False Swipe, Fury Cutter, Leaf Blade, Quick Attack, Sword Dance, Earth Quake, Thunderpunch, Crunch... how are those bad moves?

I still think that the Squid should be the Water Type (only because of the appearance of the Giant Squid off in Japan, who was definitely not found climbing trees), but a Grass Squid would be.... just plain weird, actually. I know Pokemon doesn't make sense, but still, a Grass Squid? That's like meth weird... A Zebra Grass Starter would be kinda cool though...

When it comes to Pokemon, we need to list what creatures HAVEN'T been used by Nintendo as Pokemon... they've done a lot, from Dragons to Viruses to Fairies.... but I'm sure they've missed a few here and there.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I still think that the Squid should be the Water Type (only because of the appearance of the Giant Squid off in Japan, who was definitely not found climbing trees)
I lol'ed.
Agreed though.

supermarth64

Smash Ace
For lolz, Smogon's CAP already made a Squid-like Pokemon.

But no one here cares anyway.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion

The fact that all 3 evo's will be made makes it a tonne cooler anyway.

Only a couple ideas for fire starter have been thrown around.
So far we have a better remake of a fire dragon resembling Godzilla with flames as plates on its back.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord

The fact that all 3 evo's will be made makes it a tonne cooler anyway.

Only a couple ideas for fire starter have been thrown around.
So far we have a better remake of a fire dragon resembling Godzilla with flames as plates on its back.
That squid dude is freaky...

And now I feel bad for referencing Godzilla so much, but still, we need some type of Flame Dragon... and he just seems to fit the bill....

Oh! Oh! Oh! Legendary! There should be either a Deer or an Ape for the legend this time around. :p Deers are like natual forest Guardians, while Apes are quite litteraly the Kings of the Jungle.

Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! And the tripple Legendary should be different types of bugs! Quite hard to find something that roams around and is 2 inches long, but when it Megahorns your Rhyperior to death instantly before running away, you'll notice it. :p We've never been nice to the poor Bug Pokemon...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

And now I feel bad for referencing Godzilla so much, but still, we need some type of Flame Dragon... and he just seems to fit the bill....

Oh! Oh! Oh! Legendary! There should be either a Deer or an Ape for the legend this time around. :p Deers are like natual forest Guardians, while Apes are quite litteraly the Kings of the Jungle.

Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! And the tripple Legendary should be different types of bugs! Quite hard to find something that roams around and is 2 inches long, but when it Megahorns your Rhyperior to death instantly before running away, you'll notice it. :p

I like the idea of the new legendary trio being bugs

Edit: Hopefully pokemon the next generation doesn't have anythign as ugly as the ferangi...

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I think lizard can work, like a Galapogos Iguana type thing for the first evo...

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Well I'm pretty sure they haven't used zebras or squids yet. A zebra and squid starter would be pretty cool.

Also I think this would be pretty cool as the place where you start you adventure (just pretend that those houses aren't run down :laugh:).http://www.bing.com/fd/hpk2/NupsstadurFarm_EN-US182736156.jpg

Those houses look really cool. It would be interesting to have some houses in a valley behind a mountain or on top of a mountain.

Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! And the tripple Legendary should be different types of bugs! Quite hard to find something that roams around and is 2 inches long, but when it Megahorns your Rhyperior to death instantly before running away, you'll notice it. :p We've never been nice to the poor Bug Pokemon...

How about giant Bugs? You know, a trio that could sound as strong as the first 3 trios.

They could be Ground/Bug, Electric/Bug and Flying/Bug (Though a non-generic one that wouldn't be hurt by it's typing that much).

It creates a semi-triangle like all legendary trio's.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Yeah I always like the triangles.
So whats gonna be the go?
How are we collecting all the opinion and suggestions so far and how are the final decisions sifted out from just ideas?

Edit: I have some ideas for the opposing force/team and plot also..

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I want Staryu to be alittle more common in that game, Staryu mostly is always rare ( except for some games, but... ) And maybe a 2nd evolution to Staryu, or a evolution of Starmie ( its name can be Staruss )

Top Bottom