• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE Dragon's Den Tournament July 25th Poughkeepsie, NY

Rykard

Smash Ace
Hey everyone! There is finally a tournament in our area so a lot of people better come to this. Much thanks to T.Webb for setting this up.

Address:
2600 South Rd. (Rt. 9)
Poughkeepie, NY 12601
Phone: 845-471-1401

Sign ups for the tournament will begin around 11am and we are hoping to start it around 1pm. Please arrive during that time to make our job a lot easier. There are 3 TVs already there that we are allowed to use as well as a possible projector. Anyone who has a setup is welcome to bring one though so don't be shy.

Venue Fee: $10
Singles: $5
Doubles: $10 (per team)

Rules For singles:
- 4 stock matches with an 8 minute time limit
- Items off
- Each set will be best 2 out of 3 except for winners, losers and grand finals which are best 3 out of 5
- no excessive stalling tactics (ex: jiggly's rising pound, peach bombing, etc)
- Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, both players will do a 1 stock match on the same stage with the same characters to determine winner.
- Wobbling is banned

Random Stage List:
- Fountain of Dreams
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dream Land 64
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
- DK Island: Jungle Japes
- Mute City
- Poke Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Kongo Jungle 64

All other stages are banned

Doubles Rules:
- Same as singles
- Life Stealing is allowed
- Team attack is set On

Random Stages:
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dream Land 64
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Yoshi's Story

Counterpick Stages:
- DK Island: Jungle Japes
- Poke Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Kongo Jungle 64

All other stages are banned

Set Procedure:
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
4a. The loser may also agree to pick "Random" for the counterpick
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character

**No player is allowed to choose the stage they just won on (unless both players agree)

I hope i didnt forget anything...

PK Webb

Smash Champion
so far the newburgh crew is coming (crew battle maybe), got a few people from long island coming. i hope AE shows up and maybe a few city smashers just take rte 9 up. plz people show up i want this to be as big as possible, sorry 2 correct you rykard the store owner said up to 7 tv's he can get plus a projector but we still need setups. im bringing a wii a memory card and a game but i dont have a tv to bring(fail). there should be CASH PRIZES i will confirm this monday. Rich im still trying to fight the urge to play marth and stay true blue fox but its so hard :(

Rykard

Smash Ace
go whoever you want. im the only person in the world that mains roy. actually thats probably not true...

anyways if people want to do crews we should probably try and set that up beforehand so that it doesnt run while the majority of the tourney is going on

and i feel like we should make singles $10. as for cash prizes, we are in charge of the money after all and its usually a 60% 30% 10% split for first second and third

PK Webb

Smash Champion
10 for singles would make the pot bigger but i was trying for that recession discount lol 10 it is though kk

dirty1

Smash Cadet
Im gonna try to make this tournament since it seems to be one of the few that i can make in the NY area. See if i can get some Fdale people to go too.

Not a promise i can make it though, but if i can i will try to bring a setup.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
easiest way i can tell u to get here from the tappan zee because i no u no where that is after u cross the tappan coming away from no johns, get off at tarry town and the main road in tarry town is route 9/9a i forget which 1 its called but they are both the same thing and stay on that road till 9a and route 9 split stay on 9 ad drive until you see toys r us and the dragons den is in that plaza. if u want a alternate route i can give u 1

phish-it

Smash Champion
Well considering I haven't spent my Dragon Dollars from last time, I have no choice to stop by and drop a few loads.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
well this 1 should have cash prizes so yea stop by and drop watever u want

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Just Sexed u dont want to come back up here and get demolished by me AGAIN do u?????? Naw im lying out my a$$ lol but i do want to play u when i aint rusty. if u guys do come (alukard,jman,etc etc) if u could plz bring a setup

im recording this

Rykard

Smash Ace
sorry about the double post but if anyone is bringing a setup, please arrive to dragons den as early as you can because right now, everything is very vague about how many TVs will actually be there for us to use.

also if you cannot bring a setup, please try and bring at least the game and memory card because they will most likely not have either for the TV's they are supplying us with

Thank You!

PK Webb

Smash Champion
i talked to the owner and he said he has gamecubes but i dont think he has copies of the game so plz bring those we dont all need to bring memory cards because once u load the game up its all good :) only a week left any1 down for a crew battle?

Alukard

Smash Hero
Yes people, Bino is attending this.

About the Crew Battles... lets put money up on this. $5 per person in the Crew Battle... who wants a piece of AE?
me and my crew would have done so ... but we have to be at herb on this date ... we can't make it to this anymore -___- sry peeps

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Interested just cuz I wanna go to Poughkeepsie after seeing a random *** movie based in it.

If I don't go to herb I'll make an attempt for this

The Bino

Smash Lord
me and my crew would have done so ... but we have to be at herb on this date ... we can't make it to this anymore -___- sry peeps
Don't worry my mid man, we can do it the following week since AE is hitting up Alex's tourney in Jersey. I can't wait to have some matches with you guys lol, been mad long so im dying to see what i've been missing out on and what new tricks you guys have put together and see where my skills stack up

Rykard

Smash Ace
bino take me to jersey next week =]

i hope the doubles portion of this tournament is fun cause i have never done melee doubes before

bolt.

Smash Ace
If pof goes I would go too if he will would be willing to give me a ride. I would pay him, of coarse.

runaway_mario

Smash Apprentice
I am most likely going to be here. If I can't get my friend to go with me then I'll need a teammate. Looking forward to this

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Newburgh crew should be there tmrw! :D

Good luck everyone, and hope we get to play some good warmups/friendlies.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Bino should be arriving around noon... I have many things i have to get done prior to coming to this, im also going to the gym prior to this so i can relax when i get home.

There is a Newburgh Crew? This shall be highly interesting

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Newburgh crew should be there tmrw! :D

Good luck everyone, and hope we get to play some good warmups/friendlies.
11am-1pm is all friendlies and after the tourney MORE FRIENDLIES and then after that we are going to friendlies to get some food:laugh:

PK Webb

Smash Champion
ok here are the results: I might be wrong on the 2nd and third place singles sry i no the placements look odd but with the by passes and crap and the way losers were made the placements r weird next tourney will be a lil bit more organized though already trying to schedule the next 1
singles:
1)HBK
2)Sol
3)Ky
4)Tuna
5)Bailey
5)Storms
7)Bino
7)Book
8)OTG
9)Phish It
11)T Webb
11)Rykard
11)J.P.
11)R. Kelly

Doubles:
1)Thomas and Richard
2)Twin Rippers
3)W.T.D.S.I
4)Dont Give A Fudge
5)Tuna
6)Smooth Criminal
6) THE F_CKING TEAM

Now for my shout outs Thank u bailey for protecting the prize money good looks. HBK and bailey for helping make those loser bracket because i was confused. Storms and the murt murphys for all those comedy moments. Rykard just cuz he plays roy ftw. And the westchester crew for coming up and wrecking good stuff. the owner of the store said i can run monthlies or some and i'll try to run them on the opposite week of the bi weeklies so theres no conflict. Vids will be up as soon as i sort through almost 6 hous of play time. when i post them just pm me a link of the vid your in and i'll change the title.Sol u need to main mew2 that combo on my marth was shadowclaw 4 worthy

otg

Smash Master
Wait, didn't I outplace phish-it? He got knocked out by Book, than book took me out next round... eh w'e don't matter just curious. I'm too lazy to do shoutouts for everyone, especially since some guy ****ing crashed into me JUST as I was pulling into my ****ing street. I'm fine but my cars not, luckily enough for it was the other driver's fault so I'm legit.

shout outs to everyone, tons of fun playing y'all, the only person I missed out on was Ky. It was a pleasure playing all of you, GG's to all. Stormz and Bailey are too funny, next time we gotta burn it up so you can see me when I'm playing at my finest (no johns, but I truly play at my best when I'm baked, ask my crewmates). HBK is sexy, Avalanche is too good (**** the Double Dragon though and w'e the **** that gay name was for that game *** DK stage), mad props to T.Webb.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Otg u are so right with the bi passes and crap i messed up really need that T.O. program lol. Its all screwed up like if u look at my brackets u 2 would be like wtf. 4 get it as long as we know who 1 2 are we good. Sry bout ur car dude i would had beat him down. Do u still wanna play 2morrow????

Top Bottom