• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo South America - Results

TheMike

Smash Lord
The Press Start Smash Bros tournament is the biggest SSBB tournament in Brazil, and occurs in annually at the Anime Friends event. This year (2009) it occurred during days 10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18, 19 of July and was organized by the PowerShield Smash group.

The entry fee for the tournament was of 10 R$ (Reais) though all participants had to pay additional fees varying from 0 R$ (VIPs only) to 30 R$ depending on the day and payment options for gaining entry in the Anime Friends event.

The SWF v.2 ruleset was applied, though the matches were mostly single bracket eliminations. Those who were eliminated were allowed to compete at the following days. The winner from each day was invited for the grand finals on 19 July. The grand finals were disputed in double bracket elimination fashion. Those who were eliminated were allowed to compete at the following days. During days 18 and 19 the champion and the vice were invited to the grand finals.

On day 12 however, occurred a crew battle were no player was appointed. As I’ve found no ruleset model for crew battles in SWF, I will list the rules applied:

- Single Bracket elimination;
- Crews with 4 to 5 members, each crew with a 15 stock share. Each player could have from 3 to 4 stocks;
- Double blind pick of players and stage banning;
- Only neutral stages allowed. The crew cannot conterpick stages in which they have already won in the same set, “Random” was viable as a stage counterpick choice capable of overriding the previous rule;
- Each player is limited to use one character for each set;
- The first crew to lose all its stocks is eliminated.

Without further ado, the results:

Day one

1. Affinity (MK)
2. Banzé (Diddy)
3. Solid (Snake, Wario)
4. Kovarish (Olimar, Mario)

Day two

1. Kovarish (Olimar)
2. R (MK)
3. Phoca (Pikachu, Snake, PT)
4. nRick (Toon Link)

Day three (Crew Battle)

1. PowerShield Smash (Kovarish, Mc$³³, Banzé, Chaudgobay and Affinity)

2. Crew ABC (Leso, Doctor Luigi, Bobesco, Dede and Luke)

3. Lobo dando footstool gosta de peru light com água benta (TheMike, Kako, Bent, Lemis and Lightosia) & Batavo Top (Zero, DD, Samui and Xeon)

Characters used:

Kovarish: Olimar

Mc$³³: Luigi

Banzé: Diddy Kong

Chaudgobay: Snake and Lucario

Affinity: MK

Leso: King Dedede

Doctor Luigi: Ike

Bobesco: Marth

Dede: R.O.B.

Luke: Lucas

TheMike: R.O.B.

Kako: Wolf

Bent: Diddy Kong

Lemis: Falco

Lightosia: G&W

Zero: Yoshi

DD: Mario and Lucas

Samui: Zelda

Xeon: Wario

Day four

1. Chaudgobay (Wolf, Snake and Lucario)
2. Nego (Snake)
3. Azgner (Snake)
4. Banzé (Diddy Kong)

Day five

1. Djudjo (Peach)
2. Fakinha (MK)
3. Solid (Snake and Wario)
4. R (MK)

Day six

1. R (MK)
2. Azgner (Snake and Lucario)
3. Nego (Snake)
4. Noob (Ice Climbers)

Day seven

1. Nego (Snake)
2. Leso (King Dedede)
3. Hell (MK)
4. Player 7 (MK)

Grand Finals

1. Kovarish (Olimar)
2. Djudjo (Peach)
3. Leso (King Dedede and Lucas)
4. Chaudgobay (Snake, Wolf and Lucario)
5. Affinity (MK) & R(MK)
6. Nego (Snake) & Azgner(Snake)

TheMike

Smash Lord
it was not money for the 1st and the 2nd

Kovarish won a Nintendo Wii and a plane ticket for Las Vegas, Evo World(i think, not sure)
Djudjo won a Nintendo DS

money just for the crew battle, not much and i dunno how many =p

Guilhe

Smash Ace
The entry fee for the tournament cost 10 Reais, that’s about 5US$. As the tournament occurred as part of the Anime Friends event, most of the contestants had to pay additional 15 to 45 Reais depending on the date and if they bought the ticket anticipated or by the door. VIP participants didn’t have to pay the event entry fee.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Bumping because of the rest of the information and more details =D

Affinity, u r great <3

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
man i still cant believe brazil has tourneys, i cant wait till i go on vacation der next time lol but i dont know how to speak brazilian..****

TheMike

Smash Lord
Oh, it has being EVO since last year and here in Brazil, people see it as EVO, too(i mean, the Street Fighter community and other games)

Btw Affinity, there will be a good championship here at November 29th, any chances of comming? =DD

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Oh, it has being EVO since last year and here in Brazil, people see it as EVO, too(i mean, the Street Fighter community and other games)
I was told by a few different people that it wasn't really EVO. Anime Friends just paid to use the EVO name.

It makes sense, considering 1st prize was just a Wii.

Btw Affinity, there will be a good championship here at November 29th, any chances of comming? =DD
lol No

I'll let all you guys know on the 1up forums the next time I'm going to Sao Paulo.

Top Bottom