• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gigabrawl Results (Midwest Circuit- West)

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Thanks for a great tournament everybody. Really interesting results this time around. Tried to put everyone's characters down that I can remember. I wasn't present for Melee, so I can't say what they would have been, but if anyone wants to correct the info for me, feel free.

Brawl Singles:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...awlsingles.gif

1: Ratman - Snake
2: Zeton - Fox
3: Holmes - Zero Suit Samus
4: Amazing Ampharos - Game & Watch
5: Razor - Meta Knight
5: Joker - Snake
7: Kit - Wario
7: Affinity - Meta Knight
9: Inferno - R.O.B.
9: ASC - Olimar
9: Blank - Kirby
9: Mr. Doom - Ike
13: Zezufep - Meta Knight
13: MJG - Toon Link
13: Stealth Raptor - Pikachu
13: Thinkaman - Jigglypuff
17: Schizm - Game & Watch
17: Captain Love - uh....
17: Nicole - Peach
17: MetalMusicMan - Falco
17: Karmacide - Snake
17: JLO - Peach
17: Pokkit
17: Kudo
25: Frank the Foot
25: SP
25: Ben
25: Mushroom Ring
25: Trent
25: Blarg
25: VST
25: Zhao
33: Hertz
33: Amp
33: Edward
33: Devon
33: Bubby lite
33: Josh
33: Aqua
33: Beren

Brawl Doubles:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...awldoubles.gif

1: THE Twin Snakes (Ratman & Karmacide) - Snake & Snake
2: Why so SERIOUS??????? (Joke & Razor) - Snake & Meta Knight
3: Dr. McNinja and the Raptor Riding Brazilian (Inferno & Affinity) - R.O.B. & Meta Knight
4: The initiative ( Kit & Zezufep) - Meta Knight & Wario
5: Twin Zetons (Zeton & Thinkaman) - Jigglypuff & Fox
5: Loves to Yif (JLO & Blank) - Peach & Kirby
7: We wear Magnums (Nicole & ASC) - Peach & Olimar
7: Sherlocke Doom (Holms & Mr. Doom) - Ike & Zero Suit Samus
9: Colorado Sucks
9: Weiners (MetalMusicMan & Schism) - Meta Knight & Game & Watch
9: bolts & gyros (Duck & StealthRaptor) - Pikachu & R.O.B.
9: Unit Voltage (Hertz & Amp)
13: Hurricane Jim
13: Green Machine
13: Share Stock

Melee Singles:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...leesingles.gif

1: phat
2: JBM
3: Dmac
4: Jace
5: Tyser
5: 8 bit
7: Dekline
7: Strong Bad
9: Skizm
9: Honda Foo
9: Uli
9: Captian Love
13: Mushroomring
13: Duck
13: Stealth Raptor
13: SP
17: Unknown
17: Orfner
17: jlo
17: Big E

Melee Doubles:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...leedoubles.gif

1: Dmac + Phat
2: I season a falco
3: Poop sloop
4: Victorious Secret

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Good times, guys! I'll post shoutouts when I have more time.

Inferno, can you change me to "MetalMusicMan - Falco" please? I didn't play DeDeDe except for 1 pools match. Thanks.

gantrain05

Smash Master
tourney was pretty good, i may have played like crap but it was fun lol. shoutouts later. see you guys at the championships?!

Trent

Smash Champion
Probably doesn't matter since I placed 25th, but I played Sonic if you wanted to edit characters used.

Pokkit

Smash Cadet
i don't really know if you care either, but if you feel like it I played as Pit and placed 17th, right under JLO

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Snake has been ****** everything lately. He's getting his dominance he had last summer back.

Is Zeton that really good Fox player I met at WHOBO? Skinny black dude? He's pretty good.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Hey, I saw Karmacide doing the same dance as the girl in his sig! Mindblowingggggg :tnt:

Great tourney, I'll have shoutouts later.

Blargy

Smash Journeyman
man i sucked at here to........well at least i learned alot and i shall do better next time!!!!! and Zeton awesome :D

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
First of all an ANNOUNCEMENT! Someone left what looks like a white laptop power cord in my basement. If it's yours, please contact me ASAP so we can figure out how to return it to you.

I'll throw out the characters for people lower down I remember...

Pokkit - Pit
Frank the Foot - Pikachu
SP - Kirby
Ben - Marth
Mushroom Ring - Sonic (I think?)
VST - Toon Link
Devon - Luigi
Aqua - Fox

Anyway, more importantly, shout-outs!

Ratman - We didn't really play or talk much at all, but a congrats is in order for surprising everyone and winning the tournament. You should definitely try to make more events, assuming you like money!

Zeton - Best Fox anywhere, no questions. You beat me pretty convincingly in loser's (if only PS2 transformations were the whole match, right?) and then after the tournament complained you had a broken controller... You also hung out for quite a while after the event, and we had a nice conversation. It was good stuff.

Holmes - ZSS is so weird (says the G&W main). We had super close matches, and I'm still kicking myself a bit over throwing away that PS1 match and over ever losing on Norfair, especially since my key was a few frames away from coming out on that final uair. It was good stuff; you're definitely an elite player. I am just going to be studying up on ZSS for next time.

Amazing Ampharos - 4th place huh? You must hate money.

Razor - We ran into each other twice, and I can say I was very much in doubt of winning both sets (though we both played kinda terrible at times in the second set; I really wish our first set were recorded instead). Sorry you had the SDs; I guess it's just reason to look forward to our next meeting.

Joker - Haha, we had serious electric issues back at my house with your recording equipment. If I ever host a tournament down there intentionally, I'll be sure the situation is better thought out.

Kit - We didn't really run into each other at all, but I don't want you to be the only top 8 member I don't shout out. Hi?

Affinity - I think I'm going to make my shout-out to you in the form of a PM. I will say here that I am very satisfied with myself for beating you.

Inferno - We didn't get to play any other than in doubles, but we did get to have decent conversation for a while. Thanks for the input about Balanced Brawl.

Mr.Doom - If I beat you and you beat Anther, does that mean it's the same thing as me beating Anther? Anyway, Ike is still really scary; good job continuing to remind everyone of that. Also, good job stepping it up and helping out with keeping brackets running; tournaments run so much better when there's a group rotating about the computer keeping track of things.

"Zezufup" - We also had some good conversation; you're a cool guy. I hope you enjoyed the hospitalities of my basement, and I look forward to running into you at a future event.

MJG - Haha, our teamwork leaves something to be desired, but this was literally the first time we ever played as a team. We did run into some really hard teams though, and for that we didn't do completely terribly...

Stealth Raptor - Thanks for organizing the venue and such; despite a lunch break that was way too long (should have been 0 minutes IMO), it turned out to be a pretty good tournament, and as TO you can claim credit for that.

Thinkaman - We didn't actually talk much at all even though we were just meeting again after such a big occasion. I'm still really disappointed that we didn't get to see Bbrawl in action much at all at the tournament, but we can discuss assorted matters elsewhere anyway.

Nicole - Your hat caused a massive scandal at my house; you have no idea. My mother and my sister both didn't see the small print word at the bottom, though they seemed less appalled after I explained the joke of the hat. We didn't get to play each other any this time, but there's always next time.

Karmacide - I thought I was ready for Snake; I mastered spacing turtles on Snake's shield to not hit grenades, and I am good at avoiding his up tilt. You did quite the job reminding me there's more to Snake than that; I look forward to getting to play you more in the future so I can learn more about this matchup.

JLO - We had some really great matches in pools; in terms of pure fun they may have been my best matches at the tournament. Good stuff. Also, thanks for giving Bbrawl a whirl; having my huge personal interest in that, it always makes me happy.

Pokkit - You have really made progress; you held a lead against me in our first game in pools way longer than I was comfortable with at all and really did force me to throw everything at you. Ever since you started acting more serious about it I've been trying to explain how to play the game high level to you as best as I can (though I also have a road ahead of me!); I hope your improvement is attributable at least partially to that.

I could probably keep going, but this is already a lot. Like I said in the original Gigabrawl topic, I'm really satisfied with how I was playing at the event, and I had a really good time. To anyone who notes the food provided at my house, thank my mom for that and not me since that was all her (I actually told her not to do it and that we were already doing everyone a favor).

Karmacide

Smash Lord
First of all an ANNOUNCEMENT! Someone left what looks like a white laptop power cord in my basement. If it's yours, please contact me ASAP so we can figure out how to return it to you.
Omg, that's mine. I just checked my bag and it wasn't there. Whoopsie. Just hand it off the Stealth or the next Wichita guy that you come across. :) Luckily, I have the foresight to carry a spare.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
1: Ratman - wtf is this, a 14 year old snake winning a tournament?

...that isn't ultimate razer??

ratman you have a lot of potential imo, if you decide to start playing seriously competitive, there's no telling how good you could become.

Everyone else: Get ***** by a kid that plays for fun. lol.

9: Colorado Sucks - lol team name.

there's no rule that says you can't make a shoutout post for a tournament you didn't attend

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I wasn't present for Melee, so I can't say what they would have been, but if anyone wants to correct the info for me, feel free.

Melee Singles:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...leesingles.gif

1: phat - primarily Sheik. used Fox against me in 1 of the 3 games so idk.
2: JBM - Marth/Fox
3: Dmac - Fox/Falcon?
4: Jace - Ice Climbers & some Falcon
5: Tyser - Samus/used some other chars in Pools but IDK.
5: 8 bit - Falco
7: Dekline - Falco
7: Strong Bad - Fox/Donkey Kong
9: Skizm - Peach
9: Honda Foo - Peach
9: Uli - ?
9: Captian Love - Sheik/Captain Falcon?
13: Mushroomring ?
13: Duck - Sheik
13: Stealth Raptor - Pikachu
13: SP - Peach
17: Unknown - ?
17: Orfner - Sheik
17: jlo - ?
17: Big E - Peach
I filled in what I remembered. If anyone else played/are the ?'s or people with question marks after their chars they can help fill the rest in.

Sunday was really fun, especially since NE/IA as well as some people I've never seen from KS/MO showed up, even though some of the TV's lagged a lot and we had to use teeny ones lol. The reigner's center would have been superior, it's unfortunate that GIG couldn't get it.

IMO the tourney (Sunday) was run pretty well. Really lame that only 4 teams entered. 3rd place lost money by entering teams. <_< I was annoyed that I beat Jace 2-1 in pools, using a my trash Falco in one of the games (and then got 2nd seed... lol pool seeding) and then lost 1-2 in bracket in a close set w/ lame SD's. I hate Ice Climbers, by the way. :(
<3 Green Greens, though, I CP'd that like 4 times yesterday.

I believe that Phat & I had a close set (2-1 and last match was 2 stock and basically 1 hit away from a JV-2 or 1-stock), but he was probably sandbagging or something, so it probably doesn't mean much. :/
All and all I had a lot of fun & I'm pretty satisfied with my performance. I've still got a lot of work to do, though. ^^ I'm really mad I was too stupid to bring my VCR; I did some really **** stuff :(

Shout-outs:

KC/Lawrence area people: You're awesome as always and much <3
JBM Falcon: You're really good, come down again sometime =D
Tyser: Way to ****. Glad I got to meet and play you ^^
Dekline: Your Falco's really good :o It was fun teaming with you on Saturday, too, haha.
Uli: It was nice to meet you. ^^
Captain Love: I like your gamertag. Was fun playing you, even though you picked PokéFloats. I had to pick Green Greens to get you back :p
Big E: get ***** you're bad etc.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Ratman - Where did you come from??? At any case, if you don't come to future events, I will be disappointed, but don't worry; I won't tell anyone it is because you are scared of my low-tier threats. It will be our little secret.

Zeton - Simply the greatest.

Holmes - We didn't get to play single friendlies! Inexcusable.

Amazing Ampharos - Your character is so dumb that I planked you in a friendly, as Jigglypuff. That's all I have to say.

Razor - Wait, I didn't play you in singles either... crap!

Joker - No falcon dittos?!? This tourney is hear-by null and void, sorry folks. Until next time, I'm still in a dream.

Kit - You suck at driving.

Affinity - Crazy pools matches. Also, top tier FD texture. I continue to love your MK style.

Inferno - Douglas J. Falcon called, he "misses your touch".

ASC - So these eskimos were in a boat, and it was so cold they tried to light a fire in the boat, only it burned a hole in the bottom of it so it sank. That just goes to show you that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.

Blank - Hope you liked the little you got to play of BBrawl Sonic!

Mr. Doom - Always professional, always a pleasure.

Zozefup - Thanks for the rides between housing and the venue(s).

MJG - Glad we got to play some.

Stealth Raptor - Epic pools are epic.

Thinkaman - You got knocked out by Fox, Ike, and Samus. Wow. You must really suck at this game.

Schizm - I love people who like to play off-stage! Thanks for teaming with Metal.

Nicole - WHEN DID YOU GET GOOD AT THIS GAME?

MetalMusicMan - I have a plan to generate infinite amounts of electricity using a conveyor belt, a generator, and two TVs whose channels cannot be changed from CSPAN and MTV. We'll talk later.

Karmacide - Bwahaha, low tiers! Good playing you again.

JLO - We didn't get to play! -_- Next time!

Kudo - Close matches, I practiced against Wolf after last time!

Frank the Foot - Nice to play you.

Zhao - Good stuff in pools.

Bubby lite - Ditto!

Josh - Ditto again!

Aqua - I think Zeton should become a college professor.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Pretty cool tourney despite its small size. Props to Nebraska for making it out here (and Phat for housing them); it's always cool playing you guys.

I'm pretty sure I didn't successfully chain-grab anyone once the whole time lol despite always attempting it... Been playing too much falcon.

Dekline it was cool teaming with you. After being down 2-0 against JBM and Uli I thought we were done for lol

JBM you're lucky Dmac ***** my mind lol. But seriously good job you three who placed above me I can't wait to watch your bracket matches at SMYM.

8bit- Your Falco is serious business. Keep it up man and knock some sense into your brother lol

Strong Bad- GGs. You've shown a ton of improvement recently. Also, green greens is the worst stage ever

my boy jace getting 4th good job son
Thanks dude we'll have to play again at SMYM

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm going to have to disagree and say that Green Greens is the best stage ever. Pew pew pew pew. but seriously Jace when you put your token on Ice Climbers and hit A you give me auto-rights to be as gay as I have to. XD I'll get you next time =P
That Fox vs. IC's match was really ****ing boring and I didn't enjoy it at all. -_-

Pokkit

Smash Cadet
Here are a few shoutouts...

AA--what you have been teaching me is probably the biggest reason i did as well as I did. I'm quite sure the DI stuff saved my life more than once and allowed me to win a few matches.

Mr. Doom--Your Ike scares the bejesus out of me. You always had an upsmash ready to crush my face into a bloody pulp. Plus your mastery of jab canceling is astounding. Good ****.

Kit--The only Wario player I saw there. You kicked the crap out of me in brackets. I enjoyed your bike attacks, hehe.

Karmacide--I killed you a couple times! yes!

Fino

Smash Master
1: Ratman - wtf is this, a 14 year old snake winning a tournament?

...that isn't ultimate razer??

ratman you have a lot of potential imo, if you decide to start playing seriously competitive, there's no telling how good you could become.

Everyone else: Get ***** by a kid that plays for fun. lol.

there's no rule that says you can't make a shoutout post for a tournament you didn't attend
This pretty much describes a good hour of the 7.5 hour trip on the way home.... still needs moar wtf happened info.

~Fino

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Shoutouts I suppose . . . (Im a Melee player so if you main Brawl dont read this or Ill kill you. I was also the asian kid who wore the white Super Mario 3 hat :D)

Phat - Finally got to play against you. It was fun. Could have been more fun if I used Samus though -_- Youre a hella cool char.

Dmac - We got to play for the first time also I think. Youre pretty good at fighting Samus.

Jace - Our set was hella close. Youve got a sick Ice Climbers. It was cool meetin you finally also.

Strong Bad - Ive seen you before but never spoken to you until now. Youre a pretty legit char. Our pools matches were pretty fun too.

Joker - If I stayed at the tournament and just fired up poop (shit talking) I bet you would have won Brawl XD Ill be at your next monthly brah.

Love - You should come to NE so we can chill more. We're like brothers and shit :D

JLO - Hi JLO!

Raznerd (Razor) - Pretty much the same thing I said to Joker. If I was there you would have done a lot better XD 5th isnt too bad though. Ill see you at the next monthly.

Kudou - WAZZZUP!!?!?!

Schism - We didnt play any games this time around somehow. Crazy since we normally always play each other. Come with Greg and chill with me.

JBMfalcon08 - You were playing mad good brah. Its a shame we're only smash buddies now :'(

Uli - I saw you at work today.

Dekline - We had to play first round and it was gayer than gay men having gay sex. Stupid seeding bullcrap. You played mad good against me though.

Mushroomring - + Respect for entering Melee singles.

Random question: Did Zeton and Aqua get buck later that night? They seemed hella cozy XD
No, I dont know either of you and this is kind of an inappropriate question, but I had to ask.

Brawl folk - PLAY MELEE! RIGHT NOW! ITS MORE FUN!

gantrain05

Smash Master
finally shoutouts, i might not remember some names cuz im really bad at that.

Karmacide - good games in pools, u ***** me on lylat but thats ok, every snake ***** me on lylat, colorblind johns.

ampharos - i guess our pools matches were fun lol. i still hate G&W and his unapproachable *** lol.

Mjg? (toon link guy) - your Tlink is DISGUSTING, man where did u come from? u gotta get to championships dude you will do awesome.

MISTER Doom - freakin awesome matches we had, pools and doubles were fun. bob omb FTW lol.

Joker - you suck, i told you first place or nothin.

Razor - see above.

Captain Love - sucks we had to play each other first round melee, i'll get u next time tho.

schizm - good thing you didn't have to play a 12 year old kid this time and lose.

Tyser - HI TYSER.

JBM - good **** in melee. you coulda had that first place finish, you were really on your game i thought, they were close matches anyway. also why u **** me so hard in pools? lol.

Uli - good **** dude, every time i watch you play i swear you are getting better and better, your falcon reminded me of a little smeesh out there!

Kit - i didn't really watch alot of your matches, i just know that alot of ppl were complaining about you farting alot, so i guess you were doin it right.

Nicole - peach dittos? YEAH! so not really that fun, but we do it every time lol. also we tied for what like 17th? peach is so awesome.

Cook - your olimar sucks, get a new main, you'll never win anything with that char.

Zeton - you must be the best fox in the nation, also you are so good with fox you actually made me stop playing fox with the realization that i'll never be that good with him lol.

Blank - wtf blank, you suck, we should have won doubles and i blame it 100% on you, you freakin furry. also, i hate you for taking me out of the tourney. yiff yiff yiff.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Shoutouts:

Ratman&Karmacide: Teams were to intense I didn't got to play you guys in singles but maybe next time.

Zeton: Sorry I didn't give you my best but I was just so worn out, but next time I'll make sure I give you everything I got >.<

Holmes: Same here man I kept making mistakes so hopefully next time I'll play better and actually give you a fight ^.^

Amazing Ampharos: Yeah that thing was giving us more trouble that it should off, also I wanted to try B-Brawl but next time for sure

Razor: It seems that one tourney your on fire then the next one I'm it, but hopefully on the Championship we are both it >.0

Kit: All those Falcon matches were to epic.

Affinity: GG man the last game was really close I also didn't know what to CP without Green Greens XP

Inferno: GG plus is always nice talking to you also I was hearing some of your music when I was playing that was too good ^.^

Cook: Sorry I got you the wrong controller but at least I got the hoody right d(0.0)b

Mr. Doom: We finally got to play more then just one game and they were fun at that.

Zoze: GG man, DO A BARREL ROLL! XP

Stealth: Thanks for housing us.

Thinkaman: I can't believe it not a single Falcon match whats up with that it's like a must in every tourney.

C.Love: I should have listen to you and taken a 30min break or something but I didn't want to stall the tourney T.T

Nicole: It's was fun teaming up with you we should try more friendly ones next time >.0

Metal: Always a pleasure talking and playing with you.

NE crew: Sorry we couldn't go with you guys to eat but we didn't want to be home to late, by the way I'm sorry Matt I didn't brought my DS but I didn't expect you to go T.T

Trent: We couldn't finish our match but we should do it next time and hopefully you can make it to one of my monthlies.

Aqua: GG it's also nice to see more Female Smashers >.0

Anyone else I forgot GG and hopefully I'll see you guys at the next one.

Top Bottom