• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gigabrawl Results (Midwest Circuit- West)

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Ratman - Grats on winning! I had fun playing you in pools and it was good seeing you again. Double Snake teams is ridiculous.

Zeton - RIDING THEM TRAINS ALL THE WAY TO SECOND PLACE!! You are probably the best fox in the world, definitely the best in the USA, pretty much no doubt there. Keep doing your weird Zeton thing, man. You're awesome!

Holmes - For ONCE we didn't play in brackets! <3 You looked like a little cat when you were sleeping with all that fuzz in your hair, lmfao.

Amazing Ampharos - I don't care what anyone says about "how" you play, you have skill and you did really well this tournament. I'm glad I didn't fight you again because I don't think that I would have won this time :) Also your basement is EPIC thanks for letting us take the tournament there.

Razor - I love seeing you Iowa folks-- good bracket matches. I thought I was going to take one off of you in pools and brackets but sadly it didn't happen. Also lawl at me scaring you in the car at Dairy Queen. You guys pulled the ace out of the hole with those 2 new guys in Crew Battles. I was like "wtf this pit makes NO SENSE!" lol. Next time, I wanna crew you guys with Future and Legan, I wish they were there :\

Joker - I AM THE SAMUS CHAMPION! ...for now... :p Dude Samus dittos with you are epic and lulz, also your Snake is as scary as ever. Tough luck on the Zeton matchup-- he's weird and he's Zeton though, and you can't beat that. You're one of my favorite smashers though. Iowa love!

Kit - Thanks for housing, I appreciate it. McGoo is the best dog ever.

Affinity - Too bad we didn't have a chance to play each other. It was good seeing you as always though.

Inferno - Dude, keep the beard. I approve of it. It's waaaaaaaay more awesome than not having one.

ASC - COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE! <3

Blank - We didn't get to play but I'm sure your Kirby was rocking like it always is. Your Sonic is really pro, but your Kirby is too. Either way you decide, I'm sure it will work out for you-- personally I'd go Kirby though :p

Mr. Doom - WHAT THE HELL IS THE IKE MATCHUP!?!?!? lol. Your Ike is too good man, I had no idea what to do when I played you.

Zozefup - I was happy that you liked teaming with my MK in friendlies :) I still have never played you in a tournament ever, maybe someday, haha.

MJG - We didn't play but I saw some of your matches-- crazy Toon Link man.

Stealth Raptor - Dude... I think the last time I played you was at No KOAST and you were good... but this tournament I watched you play Karma and it was all like LAWL LAWL LAWL PIKA PI PI CHU **** **** **** **** **** PWN PWN PWN PWN... holy crap you have gotten a lot better. I'm scared to play you again, also I am intimidated by your space ship.

Thinkaman - <3 Kyle. You are definitely the white Zeton.

Schizm - We didn't do too bad in teams considering that we've never played together before. Good games man.

Captain Love - Good pools matches. Marth is good don't let anyone tell you otherwise, he's really under rated.

Nicole - The cool part about going to tournaments with you there is that there is always someone to laugh at the dumb **** that I say that most people don't find as funny, lawlz. Annoying voices, UNITE!

MetalMusicMan - Not bad kid, but learn some matchups with Falco so he's as good as your DeDeDe already, jeeze.

Karmacide - I heard you got bracket fawked after we played? That sucks. Crazy Snake on Snake action in teams was AWESOME.

JLO - Always good to see you, dude. Iowa ftw. Sucks you were so hung over or w/e :\

Mushroom Ring - Good games in brackets, man. Work on not being nervous and you'll do a lot better I'm sure. I have the same problem and I still struggle with it :(

Trent - At first, I thought I was just playing crappy but your Sonic is actually REALLY GOOD. Seriously keep up the good work man, you have SKILLS.

I hope I didn't forget anyone. Good games, good times, good tournament.

POICE

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Joker: Thanks for housing and feeding me dude. I'll have to pay you back for your generosity someday.

Ratman: Oh man, we had some nice sets. You're a fun dude, grats on taking 1st with that Snake. I like yer little nade&explosion tricks, more Snakes need to do that stuff.

Zeton: Ahhh I heard so much about you the entire tourney. Shame we didn't get friendlies. Congrats reppin Fox and getting 2nd.

Holmes & Doom: That 6 stocking you did to me and Jlo on pirate ship was ruthless. Jlo and me were baffled we even won that set. Good set in pools too Holmes, grats on 3rd.

Amazing Ampharos & Thinkaman: You settled my BBrawl curiosity. Keep up the good work on it. :bee:

Razor: Everyone knows Razor's party van is the only way to travel. Hope you do well on your job interview!

Affinity: I had a lot of fun in our set. Probably the best match I had in brackets. Your MK is definitely one of the scariest.

Zozefup: Keep working on that Snake matchup. You'll get it, you just have to play him differently then other chars.

MJG: Never played a Toon Link so tough. Good stuff in pools.

Stealth Raptor: Thanks for the hospitality with housing us and all. Tourney was well-run. Your thunder tricks in both our doubles and singles' matches were pretty intense also.

Nicole: Your Peach is so clutch, and a scary matchup for me. Keep it up you're doing wonders with her.

MetalMusicMan: Fun seeing you again. We'll have to play friendlies next time so I can try that Falco of yours.

Karmacide: That dance is too good.

JLO: You know you loved our team name.

Trent: Your Sonic is nice man. I don't have as much dedication to stick with him, but keep up the good work. I saw you doing great against Razor.

Strong_Bad: Its a shame I didn't get a chance to hook up Brawl+. Maybe next time.

Nebraska: As always, fun seeing you guys. And also seeing you guys play Melee.

People that weren't at GigaBrawl: Come to championships!

Joker Joker Its A Joker!
God **** it you weren't right the first time-...

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Hurr, typing with PSP. Should be done by the time the next tourney starts.

First SERIOUS BIZNESS tourney, had a lot of fun, but I was intimidated as hell. I
was Edward on the list.

My pool(Razor, Ratman, Zeton, Metal, 2+2=?, I'm terrible at names..): Way to scare the hell out of me, thought everyone there was monsters like you. You guys rule.

Metal: That thing you were going to show me(turned Falco's chaingrab around), that anything like an angel step?

PSP character limit, lol.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Metal: That thing you were going to show me(turned Falco's chaingrab around), that anything like an angel step?
Oh ****, I'm sorry that I didn't show you that-- I wish I had remembered too :(

It's not anything like angel stepping as far as I know, but then again I don't play pit, hahaha.

It's called a boost-pivot-grab.

You do it by doing a dash attack and immediately pressing the opposite direction you are facing and grab.

There are some threads on it, but if you have trouble finding good info on it (i know i did) you can PM me :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Strong_Bad: Its a shame I didn't get a chance to hook up Brawl+. Maybe next time.
you were there? D: had i known i would have tracked you down... lol. i actually planned on bringing a wii that had hbc and my sd card but my sd card broke on friday X.X def. next time.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Hey, got real comp to work.

No worries, I'll have a look around and drop you a line if I can't find it.

OTHER PEOPLE, now that I'm not limited:

Razor: Thanks for the advice, think I forgot most of it though/

Uh... that Bowser player: Your Bowser's formidable. I never thought of fire breath as something that was actually useful before.

That guy I played for like 40 minutes (Played ZSS, TL, Zelda): Thanks for letting me play you forever. I learned some things. Like, Ledgecamping vs. ZSS = bad idea. If I wasn't Pit, would have killed me every time.

Trent: How the hell can I beat you? I watched you putting the hurt on people who buried me. And stop playing XI so we can smash more!

Nicole

Smash Champion
Huh, I never did shout outs.

1: Ratman - Congrats on winning, and I enjoyed our bracket matches. I need to get more experience playing Marth >_<

2: Zeton - Hope you got enough money! Your Fox is amazing as always, I don't ever want to have to play you in tournament because it's a ****in' scary thought.

3: Holmes - I finally got to play you! I have no idea what to do against Zamus but avoid her ****...would've liked to get more friendlies in, but our pools matches were fun, and that last one was just silly.

4: Amazing Ampharos - Sorry my hat caused such a stir at your place, I really don't remember I have it on half the time. Also, nice job getting 4th and proving that Gdubs is still a good character and that his bad matchups are still winnable.

5: Razor - Pretty sure we had some epic Falcon nonsense in our Falcon teams matches. Good **** in REAL teams also, you and Joker vs the Twin Snakes were great matches.

5: Joker - I predicted you were going to get first at this tournament Joker, way to let me down. Guess I'll see you at your next monthly.

7: Douchebag - Good job I guess. And thanks for letting everyone crash at your place again.

7: Affinity - Sorry I had to cheer against you when you were playing Joker. I wish we would've gotten to play some friendlies too, there just wasn't enough time for it. Next time for sure!

9: Inferno - I heard you went Pikachu on Zeton.

9: ASC - You'll do better next time. Get that Snake ready.

9: Blank - You're a Peach slayer, first me and then JLO. How do you sleep at night? Also, good job against Affinity, it was an enjoyable match to watch.

13: Zezufep - Bob-ombs....dammit. Also, I think my favorite part of our pools matches was you asking me once you got in the lead "Do you know if planking is banned?" I think I said no initially, then realized what that meant, and then quickly took it back :laugh:

13: MJG - Pro Toon Link. I've never played a good one and getting past the projectile spam was nearly impossible. Then when I DID get past the projectile spam I had to deal with your defensive game and smart playstyle.

13: Stealth Raptor - I thought the venue was nice, it just sucked we had to get out so early. The TVs were a little laggy, but I think most people stayed off the bad ones anyway. Also, I wanted to play you to see if I could beat you yet, but I guess friendlies next time.

13: Thinkaman - Goofus and Gallant is still the best thing ever. You made the ride back to Kit's far more enjoyable.

17: Schizm - JIGGLYPUFF?? Also, I want to play your Gdubs more, that is a matchup I'm not very comfortable with.

17: Nicole - You can't do it, so give up now. Whatcha gonna do when your dough runs out?

17: MetalMusicMan - Glad you go to tournaments to choke with me and laugh at the ******** things I say. Also, we suck. Also I just thought of the best Teen Girl Squad quote that we forgot.

17: Karmacide - Thanks for the friendlies at Ampharos's place, I wish I would've been more awake to do better (JOHNS OLOLOLOLOLOL). Good **** in teams also.

17: JLO - Grand finals Peach dittos. What else is there to say?

25: Trent - You played Sonic, yes? You gave me alot of trouble, keep improving and don't give up on Sonic, he's not a bad character anymore!

25: VST - Your Toon Link has gotten much better, and your Zelda is actually really good, I was impressed.

33: Aqua - My rival? Don't get so nervous. You've improved so much, just have a little confidence and you'll do well. Trust me, it's something I have to work on myself.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
This is the first time ever I've tried shoutouts... I normally jusy say "Thanks for the games, seeya next time!" I won't address my Wichita kin since they know what I think of them already, with one exception...

Ratman: When did you do this? When did you get this good? I don't think anyone saw this coming. We knew we were gonna prove that Twin Snakes was more than a novelty and wreck in teams, but you got greedy and decided to take all the money that day, huh? You gonna spend all that money on delicious cheese! Jokes aside - I'm proud of you, Kid.

Amazing Ampharos: Don't listen to the naysayers, you're a good player. I just knew the answer to Mr. Turtle. Thanks for your hospitality.

Joker: A real comedian huh? Private Joker! A Metal Gear fan after my own heart. It was nice to joke around with you a bit and finally play a game against you (in teams).

Razor: Nice guy, good stuff in teams! Sorry I didn't get that match with you before you left, but I had to see my cousin through to the end.

mjg: Sorry we didn't get to play in friendlies, but it was cool hanging out and talking with you!

MetalMusicMan: Good to play you again! IT was getting late that day, but I can't remember if you asked for a match or no. Anyway, next time.

Thinkaman: How many oddball characters are you good with? Always an entertaining guy to talk to and hangout with. The twin Zetons? Haha.

IronBoots: The Peach that shamed Rat Man's Snake. It was fun talking to you and playing against you finally. Is there a place online where I can find those shoes? Also, nice legs! ;)

I'd like to apologize to everyone that followed me to Ampharos house for the continuation of the tournament for that extra mileage. I'd like to make the same apology to Aqua and her mom for the extra mileage in finding the venue.

Note to self: don't forget to bring the GPS next time.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Shout-outs! .... finally....

Ratman - Good games in teams, I thought me and Joker were going to have you and Karma the second go-round when we went up 2-0 to start the set. But nonetheless we couldn't finish the job. It's too bad I didn't get to you in the tournament because I would have given you a run for that money if the matches went similar to our friendlies... but congratulations on both wins. I hope to see you in Iowa when we host our Midwest Championships.

Zeton - I can honestly say that there is no one that I have played that gives me the fear you give me. I am absolutely terrified of that fox of yours. You obliterated me in our first pools match because I was moving at like 1/4 speed and you were clearly at 2x. The second match is how I would like to think I would play you in a bracket match but you are too good man. Don't let that b^tch *** NE fox get you down because you are the god tier of fox.

Holmes - Congrats on third but I have never had the pleasure of playing you in friendlies, doubles, or singles. Hope I get to get some matches with you next time.

Ampharos - Well friend I can't say anything because I was given two opportunities at you and failed both times. I can say on no uncertain terms I wasn't running on all cylinders in either of our sets but that is a john. I need to learn to be more passive and to get out the way of that bloody key. And not SD! Good job with fourth though.

Razor - I can accept 5th and 2nd. Do better next time.

Joker - Well buddy we about had it for doubles. NEXT TIME! We are tied for the circuit lead in teams points so a win next time is absolutely necessary. You need to get over your john about not playing well because you don't get to play for a long time. Play friendlies or something if you need to, but that john has been heard too many times :/ You are too good to not place in the top 3 every time.

Kit - Nice matches in pools. I think that is the first time you have ever taken a tournament set from me. I wish we wouldn't have had to take an hour and 1/2 break between our last set. It's too bad Jordan couldn't make it, doubles wasn't the same without Team Real Team. Your Wario gets better everytime I play you. Keep up the good work.

Affinity - One of the things I regret the most about this tournament is not getting any friendlies in with you. It is too bad you had to take off when you did. At least we got to battle it out in doubles, although that clearly isn't the same thing. I would have liked to prove to you I'm not the push-over I was at Kahoka. That may have been the worst I have ever played in brawl. Next time for sure we will get some friendlies in.

Um... so this is as far on the list of placement I remember....

MJG - Best toon link I have ever seen man. If I wouldn't have held onto win that first match the set would have been yours. I think you SD'd twice on cruise? That is most unfortunate. I have great respect for you though. I hope to get more games in with you sometime in the future.

Cook - Sorry for taking you out again buddy... I'm sure next time you will have me. I totally jynxed us though. I kept running my mouth about how we had never faced each other in a tournament and now the last two we have had to fight. Best Olimar in the Midwest!

Nicole - Falcon dittos are what brawl was meant for.

Metal - I really enjoy you. Sorry I took you out of the tournament. It looked like it was just one of those days for you. Things just don't work out the way you plan on. Keep that Falco up. Hope to see you and the rest of St. Louis soon.

Karma - I really enjoyed our teams matches. Next time we will get you guys though. I really like your d-throw - f-smash. Next time we will do some singles! And I'm in love with your sig...

Trent - Your Sonic is really good man. Keep up the work with him. You have the blessing of playing a character that no one really knows how to play. If you keep working with him you could place really well in the future. I hope you can make it to an Iowa monthly in the near future.

Edward - Your Pit has some great potential as well. You need to be more passive with Pit. Pit is great at making other characters be more aggressive. Keep up the work as well and hope to see you in Iowa soon as well.

JLO - You are too good to keep placing where you place! I want the rest of the smash community to have the fear and respect that I have for you and you deserve.

C Love - Stick with Marth in my opinion man. He is your best by leaps and bounds. Keep practicing with him.

Kudou - I didn't even get to see you play a match, so I can't offer much in the form of a shout-out other than I'm glad you came with me to this tournament :)

Schism - Even though it hurts me to say so, you probably should plank more to ensure more victories. I'm glad you made it to your first brawl circuit event.

Blank - Read Jlo's comment. You are too good Blank so place to prove it. Huh? What?

Stealth - Thank you very much for housing us. Your house is beautiful. Thank you mother again for me. Our matches were really close in brackets. I have a lot of fear of that little yellow rat. Great job running the tournament. Hope to see you soon.

Inferno - We didn't get a Razor Challenge in :(

Anyone I forgot I apologize, I have a lot going on :/

MJG

Smash Hero
I apologize for any stupid-ness in advanced ...im tired XD

Ratman - Congratz on taking first. Im really impressed. Im disappointed that i didnt get to play you in friendlies at all though. Your team combos are amazing. Gl in future tourneys...although i doubt you will go to more consecutively after Oh Snap

Zeton - Wow...i am so impressed with your fox. I listened to part of your lessen for Aqua when you had to wait forever to play your matches and you know all of your fox stuff AND MORE (XD). Good job on getting 2nd and continue to keep getting better my friend :D

Holmes -Your ZSS is scary. I wish i could have played you more. I believe we went 1-1 in pools? We both lack experience in this match up so im glad i didnt play you or i would have been knocked out earlier.

Ampharos - Teams was for lulz...Good job on 4th

Razor - Good stuff...Ill be sure to not suck it up in my 3rd match next time..Rainbow Cruise=fail for me. Enjoyed the games we played. Hope to play you again in the future ^_^

Joker - Not much to say except that i wish i got to play you..on that note, i was actually looking forward to playing you more than anyone at the circuit.

Kit - Im impressed with your wario...i saw how u kind of got robbed when Holms Neutral Air stopped your waft early on in the match but i guess it can be stopped during the first 5 frames of the move (thank you Phantomx). I played you at JCCC awhile ago so i dont expect you to remember be. I fail at this match up so badly...so im glad i didnt get to play you XD. Good Job.

Affinity - INTENSE MATCHES :D. Not much to say because you already know how great of a player you are >.>. Good luck with your brawl future and what not. You punished my set ups like no other player

MJG - You main toonlink scrub, get GOOD.

Cook - I REALLY want to play you in the next tournament we go to...i play olimars basically everyday offline and i wanted to try a different one for a change >.>

Nicole- You have a very good peach. I was honestly bull ****ting in those matches because i dont know what to do agaisnt peach except throw stuff at her. Lol..where are you on SWF by the way? Good games in the tourney and in our pools.

Metal -Good stuff. I watched your set against Razor for a little bit and i wouldnt have been happy or sad to play either character since falco messes my game up a bit.

Karma - Good team combos u guys had on me before the singles pools started. I still have never played you in 1v1s and i am disappointed that i didnt when i had the chance >.>. Lunch at Chipotle was awesome.

Trent - Great sonic...i believe u were in my pools? Unless that was someone else >.. keep it up with sonic..Like to see more mid tiers like me ^_^

JLO -Wow...i got so lucky in the first match that i came back...especially since u were up 3 stocks. Like i said earlier. I honestly don't know what to do against peach players. Keep it up

Blank - Wow awesome kirby...u kicked the **** out of me in pools...was lucky to win a match. Good stuff..

Stealth - Stupid little rat...<3. Thanks for the venue and thanks for not learning QAC>up tilt>footstool XD

SOrry if i forgot anyone..sort of in a hurry to go to bed >.>

gantrain05

Smash Master
JLO -Wow...i got so lucky in the first match that i came back...especially since u were up 3 stocks. Like i said earlier. I honestly don't know what to do against peach players. Keep it up
lol, well you probably know just as much about the peach matchup as i do about Toon Link, so i guess it was a learning experience for both of us, i didn't know how to get past the wall o' stuff you were throwin at me.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
considering Aqua is 14 and Zeton is 20, no I doubt it.
Actually my parents were 15 years apart... so I can pretty much date whoever hehe. But yeah me and Zeton are just friends.

Random question: Did Zeton and Aqua get buck later that night? They seemed hella cozy XD
No, I dont know either of you and this is kind of an inappropriate question, but I had to ask.
What the heck does that even mean? And when the heck were we getting cozy?....
Zeton is my friend and my Brawl icon and that's all. x] Well also my Brawl teacher in a way.
:chuckle:

Aqua: GG it's also nice to see more Female Smashers >.0
Thanks. And yeah I know it's pretty much just me and my female rival Ironboots in the Midwest haha. x]

33: Aqua - My rival? Don't get so nervous. You've improved so much, just have a little confidence and you'll do well. Trust me, it's something I have to work on myself.
Thanks, Yeah I deffinitly need to work on that, I get so nervous and I don't have much confidence in my Brawling.. I don't have much experience against alot of characters, so it's hard.. And YES! YOU ARE MY FEMALE RIVAL NOW. =D Oh! And I'm sooo glad you are Peach now instead of G&W, I just don't really like G&W as a character, I didn't even know who he was before Brawl, and I love Peach.

This is the first time ever I've tried shoutouts... I normally jusy say "Thanks for the games, seeya next time!" I won't address my Wichita kin since they know what I think of them already, with one exception...

I'd like to apologize to everyone that followed me to Ampharos house for the continuation of the tournament for that extra mileage. I'd like to make the same apology to Aqua and her mom for the extra mileage in finding the venue.
You didn't even leave a shoutout to the Aqua but you left one to my mom!! =[ Karma... be my dad. :chuckle: *Blarg where are you? xD*

Haha, it's fine, I thought it was funny. I saw you mess up for once with tech stuff. xD Didn't think you could mess up lol... Your Karma, the guy who can fix everything.

Heres the thing... they all had a freaking gps!
Yet we didn't use it! We thought Karma knew where he was going more then our GPS. lol......

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i believe "get buck" means get really drunk or something to that nature

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
idk i speak english, MJG, so w/e.
apparently get buck is slang for get crunk which is slang for getting crazy drunk or wild/crazy. i don't understand -_- WHY

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
Hey, got real comp to work.

No worries, I'll have a look around and drop you a line if I can't find it.

OTHER PEOPLE, now that I'm not limited:

Razor: Thanks for the advice, think I forgot most of it though/

Uh... that Bowser player: Your Bowser's formidable. I never thought of fire breath as something that was actually useful before.

That guy I played for like 40 minutes (Played ZSS, TL, Zelda): Thanks for letting me play you forever. I learned some things. Like, Ledgecamping vs. ZSS = bad idea. If I wasn't Pit, would have killed me every time.

Trent: How the hell can I beat you? I watched you putting the hurt on people who buried me. And stop playing XI so we can smash more!
Heh. Yeah, good stuff Silver. I was that ZSS, TL, Zelda player. I really had a lot of fun playin against you; learned a lot of stuff.

Yes, I just now found this, so yeah, super delayed shoutouts.

Pokkit: I apologize for losing my cool with you, dude. I just got really upset; never fought such a frustrating match! Good stuff, despite what I said, and I hope we can fight again sometime.

Amp, Hertz, Beren (sp?), Joker, ASC, Aqua, Inferno: My poolmates. Really fun matches, guys. I learned a lot from fighting you all.

Ironboots: Thanks, but that Peach of yours is ridiculously incredible. And your Zelda is so much more beast than mine.

Anyone else I forgot to mention (VST, by the way): Good stuff.

Top Bottom