• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

U.B.E.R tourny. another in the making...hopefully

r3d d09

Smash Master
U:Utah
B:Brawl
E:Extravaganza
by
R:r3d d09

SBR Certified

Games
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. Teams
*Super Smash Bros. Melee
*Super Smash Bros. 64

* side events

Schedule
Saturday, August 1st.

Time
Tourny STARTS at 1:00
friendlies at 11:00
Break between singles and doubles

3958 W Deer Hill Way, Bluffdale, Utah, 84065

*my house*

Be respectful and obey my wishes. I could cancel it in the middle of a bracket, don't screw it up for everyone.
Follow rules and we will get along fine. :)

Entry
Singles - 5
Doubles - 5 per person. 10 for team

Prizes and rewards
~Pot: 1st - 60% 2nd - 30% 3rd - 10% 10% House Cut*house cut is 10% of entry fee, left over is pot**might change*

Tournament Format
(RR pools possible into) Double Elimination Bracket
3 stock, 8 min
Best 2 of 3 (finals best 3 of 5)

BOYC: Bring Your Own Controller

Additional Rules (all rules match Utah and SBR rule set)

Knock-out: After the first stage is chosen, each player may choose ONE stage to knock-out for the entire set.

Advanced Slob Picks: First match stage will be decided by striking. Loser chooses the next stage, then the winner chooses character, then the loser chooses character.

Stage Striking: Players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set.

Items: OFF and NONE

Double Blind Pick, where both players secretly choose their character, is available for the first match of every set.

Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counter:
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Halberd
Luigi's Mansion
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island

(non-banned stages may be counter picked)
(first stage in the set may be random if both players agree)

Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not counterpick a stage you have won at in the current set.
Unless opponent agrees on it.

Team Attack: ON

Life stealing is allowed

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player or team.

Host contact info
r3d d09
Smash boards account:r3d d09
All is Brawl account: r3d d09
Phone: (801) 828-7981
E-mail: r3dd09@gmail.com
MSN: r3dd09@gmail.com
AIM: r3dd0909 *yes two 09's*

Co-Hosts
Dark Ryu - left hand man

Side Notes:

Lots of stuff is in the making. Nothing is final except location*that I can remember*.Name change is likely as of other things.

List:
r3d d09
Minato
Rade/Har
Anonano
Perfect Chaos
Gangstakirby
Lanky + *possible friend*
Marsulas + bro
Phx
Rockmix
Spudz
Dark Ryu + mexi brigade
Darth Polo/Rich (Friend)
*Jes (Friend)
*Hawk (Friend)
*DVD (Brother)
7+locals
*post to get your name up here*

Gear being brought

Wii's
r3dd09
marsulas
Minato
colbusman
Perfect Chaos

TV's
r3dd09 3+
marsulas
Rockmix

Disks
r3dd09 2 Brawl(one is a back up disk) 1 melee
marsulas Brawl
Rockmix Melee
colbusman Brawl
Perfect Chaos Brawl

bring gear, but tell me what you're bringing please
Surge protectors
r3dd09 ?

Results:
Singles:
1: Dark Ryu ($51.30)
2: Lada ($25.65)
3: X ($8.55)
4: Rade
5: Spudz
5: mars
7: zeth
7: Minato
9: PhxDragon64
9: colus
9: Anonano
9: Lanky
13: Swift
13: monkey
13: r3d d09
13: serve
17: flying J
17: Gangstakirby
17: ElDee

Teams:
1: **** Mcgee(lada + x) ($37.80)
2: Push It (Dryu + Rade) ($18.90)
3: We have hot girlfriends (zeth and staz) ($6.30)
4: Team Sneaky (Lanky and Spudz)
5: Badass Bros (mars and colus)
5: Sons of Delusion (red and phx)
7: Presidents of Ridicule (ano and gkirb)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Utah has a tourney???

This isn't just fail.

This is U.B.E.R. fail.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'm in this tournament. I think PhxDragon said he was going to come down from Ogden? If your looking at this Phx I can give you a ride or maybe if your driving I could follow you? I'm horrile with directions so any help at all is greatly appreciated cuz I don't want to go looking for the place for half an hour lol.

I'm bringing myself and my 16 year old brother.

Why is Halberd not on this list? Halberd should be a counterpick stage.........Pokemon Stadium 1 should be a counterpick stage....seriously Poke Stadium 1 is better than Poke Stadium 2 in every way. Castle Siege should be a counterpick stage and you should take Pirate Ship off of the list.

Edit: Also I can bring a wii and my copy of Brawl.

Edit 2: Does anyone have any recording equipment that they're going to be bringing?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Yeah, I think we're missing a few stages in the CP section...

Like I said before, I'm coming to this. Thanks for the address, now I'll know exactly where it is.

I contacted my friend, so I'm just waiting on some word for him to see if he'll want to come.

Yay for me coming up with the temporary tourney name!

r3d d09

Smash Master
okay. give me a complete list of maps for starter and CP. i just copied from ToF thread.

If you can bring wii's and stuff. that'd be great. a tv as well. I have a few, i believe three we can use. one is a big screen. some people complain about it. It doesn't bother me.
about recording devices. I have a kick butt capture card that i can use. It's done me well in the past.

Like i said. things in OP are subject to change, i just wanted to get a thread going before I went to bed.

I'm asking the forums to get everyone that we know that went to ToF and what not to post here. I want a good number at this event.
So if you have numbers. text or call. if you have msn or aim. IM them. I want this to be a good event. Who knows. I might hold one the next month as well.
if any of you need to get a hold of me. just email or text. I have both of them in the palm of my hand.

lanky, who was the guy that plays luigi and zelda that was at your house when i was there? Slicked back hair and what not.

Driving from Ogden to my house is not that hard. Google map it, it should basically be get on your highway, go to I-15.
then turn onto bangerter, go to 13400S if i'm correct. take next left at a light, there should be a school and a gas station keep driving. watch out for the two big speed bumps ^.^ go past two stop signs. and turn left onto Deer Hill Way. 2nd house on the left.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Here, I'll edit this post with the stage info in just a sec.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Starter/Counter can and must be placed in either the Starter or Counter categories. Counter/Banned must be placed in either category.

Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter:
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Counter/Banned:
Distant Planet
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Norfair

Banned:
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Onett
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

Personally I'd put Halberd and Lylat Cruise as Starters, and Castle Siege and PS1 as Counters.
Ban Green Greens, PORT TOWN AERO DRIVE (xD), and Yoshi's Island (Pipes). Put the others as Counters.

That's just my opinion though. :)

r3d d09

Smash Master
Thanks. I'd like to get some other opinions on this stuff from our top ten or so.
I was thinking the same about for the starter/counter maps.

about counter and ban, i'd like opinions. So people start posting

-Final-

Aria♪
lanky, who was the guy that plays luigi and zelda that was at your house when i was there? Slicked back hair and what not.
Flying J? He is the only person I know who plays both Zelda and Luigi...

No Melee Tourney. >_>

Delfino should be a starter :) (Even though I know it won't be)

harpuia190

Smash Ace
i would add halberd to starters, so that we have 5 for counterpick, and move port town to counterpick :D but thats just me

Flying J

Smash Rookie
Yes, that was me.

When did skyworld get banned? I know the floors are stupid, but even pictochat is a counterpick, and it has a lot of stage hazards.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Yes, that was me.

When did skyworld get banned? I know the floors are stupid, but even pictochat is a counterpick, and it has a lot of stage hazards.
I was thinking it was you. you should attend. now for maps. I'm still thinking about it.

No Melee Tourney. >_>

I was thinkin maybe a side event of melee, we can hook my GC up to a small tv ;)

Edit: updated maps. how does it look?

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Oh, this is going to be at your house?
Dang, my friends won't be coming then. They were expecting it at a public store or something. Their parents won't go for a house. And my brother has said he pretty much doesn't want to compete so soon off of his mission, so...

I'll still be coming though.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Oh, this is going to be at your house?
Dang, my friends won't be coming then. They were expecting it at a public store or something. Their parents won't go for a house. And my brother has said he pretty much doesn't want to compete so soon off of his mission, so...

I'll still be coming though.
... well you will be there so you could protect him xD. but it's okay. and just tell your brother it's friendly play that you pay for ;) plus. you guys can change at my house and go straight to the temple.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
No Melee Tourney. >_>

Agreed on both of these, even though the chances of it are low.

Melee as a side would be nice.

Because on Skyworld, there are a few characters that can do a few infinites, I believe, on a wide cast of characters. I don't know, I may be wrong on this info.

But even with the Pictochat hazards, the knockback/damage doesn't go too high unless the character is meant to die anyway.

Thanks. I'd like to get some other opinions on this stuff from our top ten or so.
I was thinking the same about for the starter/counter maps.

about counter and ban, i'd like opinions. So people start posting
I would put Lylat or Poke Stadium 1 as the starter, the rest as CP (no offense to Halberd, but that stage has some serious hazards when you land to be a starter). Notice I said or, I think only 5 stages as a starter.

For banned/CP...Distant Planet, Norfair, and Luigi's Mansion for CP, everything else in banned.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I would put Lylat or Poke Stadium 1 as the starter, the rest as CP (no offense to Halberd, but that stage has some serious hazards when you land to be a starter). Notice I said or, I think only 5 stages as a starter.
The claw is extremely easily avoided, and most bad players can DI out of the cannon. The bombs are only an issue if the opponent tries to combo you into it. Only the cannon has severe knockback.
Seriously, my friends (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPsUGJEJur8) can DI out of the cannon. That is saying something.

That's my opinion. How about you put in Lylat, PS1, and Halberd so you have 7 starters? Still keeps an odd number.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Agreed on both of these, even though the chances of it are low.

Melee as a side would be nice.

Because on Skyworld, there are a few characters that can do a few infinites, I believe, on a wide cast of characters. I don't know, I may be wrong on this info.

But even with the Pictochat hazards, the knockback/damage doesn't go too high unless the character is meant to die anyway.

For banned/CP...Distant Planet, Norfair, and Luigi's Mansion for CP, everything else in banned.
I love delfino so maybe. And melee as a some yes. But distant planet idk. I don't think its that great
I can bring a tv.
Good job. What about a wii

The claw is extremely easily avoided, and most bad players can DI out of the cannon. The bombs are only an issue if the opponent tries to combo you into it. Only the cannon has severe knockback.
Seriously, my friends (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPsUGJEJur8) can DI out of the cannon. That is saying something.

That's my opinion. How about you put in Lylat, PS1, and Halberd so you have 7 starters? Still keeps an odd number.
Maybe we shall see

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I can bring a wii, my copy of brawl, a tv, and an extra controller if anyone needs/breaks/forgot one.

PS1 is a horrible starter stage. when you guys say "starter" i'm assuming you're aware that these stages are supposed to be neutral. PS1 is in no way a neutral stage. Halberd is easily more neutral than PS1 even with the stage hazards. PS1's transformations just favor characters with wall infinites amongst other things like the ******** ledges which would usually be characteristics found in a counterpick stage.......which is what PS1 is supposed to be.

Starters should be:

Lylat
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island

If you want to have more than 5 starters make the list like this:

Lylat
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Delfinos Plaza
Halberd

r3d d09

Smash Master
count me in.

is this location a house or like a public place?
house

I can bring a wii, my copy of brawl, a tv, and an extra controller if anyone needs/breaks/forgot one.

PS1 is a horrible starter stage. when you guys say "starter" i'm assuming you're aware that these stages are supposed to be neutral. PS1 is in no way a neutral stage. Halberd is easily more neutral than PS1 even with the stage hazards. PS1's transformations just favor characters with wall infinites amongst other things like the ******** ledges which would usually be characteristics found in a counterpick stage.......which is what PS1 is supposed to be.

Starters should be:

Lylat
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island

If you want to have more than 5 starters make the list like this:

Lylat
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Delfinos Plaza
Halberd
I'm thinking of sticking with 5. but maps might change.
are people going to be bring melee? i need a saved file for my memory card.
I have melee, a GC, small tv for it. I believe you can just transfer over the data from MC to MC unlike wii and its shenanigans.

EDIT: Can people help me out and get players from this earlier list to comment on the thread and see if they can still attend this one, i want a really good turnout. More players=More Fun=Moar cash xD

r3dd09
Dark Ryu
PC
Kenny
Rade
PHXDRAGON
Final
Joke
Marsulas
Lanky
X
Lada
Anonano
Minato
*Maybe Staz*
*Maybe Spuds*
*Maybe Sage/Fate*

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Okay guys, if anyone wants to (and if there's an open TV for my Wii), I'll be taking SSB64 money matches.
Japanese version, on Hyrule, VS my Link.

Any offers?
And if anyone wants to, they can MM my Jiggs also.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Okay guys, if anyone wants to (and if there's an open TV for my Wii), I'll be taking SSB64 money matches.

Any offers?
And if anyone wants to, they can MM my Jiggs also.
Emulator? the 64 emulator i was using sucked. but that was months ago. since you have homebrew. is there a way to receive videos from other wii's and not update?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Emulator? the 64 emulator i was using sucked. but that was months ago. since you have homebrew. is there a way to receive videos from other wii's and not update?
I don't know what you mean by videos...
But the Smash 64 I have on my Wii is the official Japanese release. Runs smooth. No more slowdown.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I'll play 64 with you when I'm not in a match, but I can't MM. Semester is coming up, and I need to save for books. I can pay for the tourney, but nothing more.

I guess marsulas made a point about PS1. But I never play on it. Figured if Melee had it as a starter.

I still think Halberd shouldn't be a starter though.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
i have a question, can we start with singles, i may have to leave around 5, so that would be sweet

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
I might be able to go if I get a ride up there and back.
I could a bring a tv, a GC and Melee if you want me too...The thing is the tv is small.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If anyone is curious, the official JPN version of Smash 64 actually has different controls.
They're just like Melee and Brawl, but you can't use the C-stick for aerials.

So this is better than the hacked version for homebrew. The hacked one had R for throw and Z for taunt. Ew...

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
I wish I'd known about this tourney before so I could've planned for it... Kenny might've mentioned something but I don't remember. Maybe next time I can show up and take your guys' money ;)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I live in orem
You live near Kenny, right? I'll have to take University Avenue to 800 North, so I can pick you up and take you.
*This is on the assumption that the tourney is starting from 12pm-1pm. If its earlier, I'll probably be late anyways.

Top Bottom