• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerial Rave Major (LAINNNN)(Brawl+MELEE)(250$ BONUS) 11/7/09 Collinsville IL.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
HAVE JUST BEEN CONFIRMED SMASH WILL HAVE ITS OWN ROOM, SO AS LONG AS TIME IS ALRIGHT, WE CAN HAVE MELEE.

IF MELEE PEOPLE BRING THEIR OWN TVS, WE COULD SET THEM UP AND LET THEM DO THEIR OWN THING AS WELL.

GPX GAMING AND PTX-SUX PRESENT AERIAL RAVE 2.0 MIDWEST MAJOR

DATE: SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2009

One Gateway Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234
Google Maps Directions
It's about 7 miles east of St. Louis

Sponsors:
GPX Gaming - #1 in Gaming Events and Products

Times:
0900 - Registration begins
1100 - Street Fighter IV
1100 - Super Smash Bros Brawl
1400 - Soul Calibur IV
1400 - Tekken 6
1600 - Super Turbo HDR
1600 - The King of Fighters XII
1700 - BlazBlue
1700 - Marvel vs Capcom 2
1800 - Tekken Tag Tournament
1800 - Tatsunoko vs Capcom
2300 - Venue closes

Cost/Payout:
$20 - Venue Fee
$10 - Street Fighter IV - 70/20/10 + $500 BONUS POT
$10 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 70/20/10 + $250 BONUS POT
$10 - Tekken 6 - 70/20/10 + $250 BONUS POT
$10 - BlazBlue - 70/20/10
$10 - Super Turbo HDR - 70/20/10 [hit up NKI for details]
$10 - Soul Calibur 4 - 70/20/10 [hit up MissingPerson for details]
$5 - Tekken Tag Tournament - 70/20/10
$5 - Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 70/20/10
$5 - Tatsunoko vs Capcom - 70/20/10
$5 - The King of Fighters XII - 70/20/10

Tournament Rules:
• ALL GAMES WILL BE PLAYED ON PS3 (except for TVC and SSBB obv)
• Double Elimination
• SFIV, HDR, BlazBlue: rounds are best 2/3
• Tekken 6 and TTT: rounds are best 3/5
• Standard matches are best 2/3 games
• Semi-Final and Final matches are best 3/5 games
HDR Finals (Winners/Losers/Grand) are best 4/7 games
• Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are best 3/5 games
• Winner keeps same team/character
• Pausing the game will be handled on a case by case basis (probably a game loss)
• Programmable pads are BANNED
• Game Freezing glitches are BANNED
• Game Resetting glitches are BANNED
• (MVC2) Dumb glitches are BANNED (you all know em')
• (HDR) Akuma is BANNED
• (TVC) Fiery Ruins Stage is BANNED
• (BB) UNLIMITED characters are BANNED
• (SC4) Custom characters are BANNED
• (SC4) Random stage select ONLY
• (SC4) Camera altering glitches are BANNED

Hotels:
There are 6 hotels within 1 block of the convention center.

Doubletree Collinsville
1000 Eastport Plaza Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234
618-345-2800

Fairfield Inn
4 Gateway Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234
618-346-0607

Super 8
2 Gateway Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234
618-345-8008

Hampton Inn
7 Commerce Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234
618-346-4400

Comfort Inn
8 Commerce Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234
618-346-4900

Days Inn
12 Commerce Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234
618-345-2000

A very big thank you goes out to GPX Gaming for supplying us with 20 kick-*** monitors for the event. Bonus money will increase if more sponsors come on board. I'm currently working out the details with a few local shops, so we should have an incredible pot.

Feel free to email me (Jeff) with any questions. kurasa AT gmail DOT com

Since we Gamers like to eat, here are the food places within 2 miles of the ConCen:
Arby's
McDonalds
Burger King
Bandana's BBQ
Applebees
Steak and Shake
Ruby Tuesdays
Bob Evans
Long John Silvers
A&W
Little Ceasars
Pizza Hut
Dairy Queen
An Italian/American restaurant (can't remember its name)
Taco Bell
China King
China Buffet
Supreme China Buffet
Subway (in the Walmart)
Golden Corale
Ponderossa
Denny's
Culvers
Porter's Steakhouse
Zapata's Mexican Restaurant

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl (singles and doubles)

The following list was created by members of the Smash Back Room (SBR). For version 2.0 discussion took place between January and March. While it is always up to the Tournament Organizers (TO) to determine the rules that best fit their tournaments, we recommend these rules be used as a base guideline to new and experienced TO's alike.

General rules:

3 Stock
8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"
All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

If you need information on housing/hotels/etc, PM me on message me and I'll get you numbers to call, or see if I have any room at my house, as of right now, it seems 3 are staying at my house, so I might be able to fit some more, so just message me at:

Aim: The Porch Monkie
MSN: Leavantanimaction@hotmail.com
Or PM me here.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Pre Register List: By location

1. STL (Melee People too, so many people from STL coming, lol)
2. Wichita (Possibly)
3. Iowa (Possibly)
4. Kit's Crew (Dunno location, lol, Kirksville?)
5. Indianapolis
6. Northern Indiana
7. M2K and his people (Now that the Bonus Pot is confirmed still, I hope he's still coming with his people)
8. (Dunno location, but) God Kais
9. Will keep this here for more Pre Reg's.

Tell me if you're coming.

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
Boom!

This hasn't been made into a Tournament thread yet on SRK, as I don't think Jeff has everything 100% finalized, but I doubt it's going to change much from what you see here.

So far, the only place he has made this public is the St. Louis thread on SRK, but get hype guys! Spread the word, we're trying to get this to be MAJOR up in the Midwest.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I talked some details out with Kurasa, most of the hotels are are next to the Center anyways, so it'll be good for those coming from out of town or just want a place to stay.

Still contact me if you need housing information.

In regards to TV's, he doesn't want us bringing any, he is getting them all himself, so we have that covered, so all we have to bring is our own controllers/systems.

He is paying a lot of money for this to happen out of his own pocket, so all I can ask from me is to be respectful to him, the other people, myself, and all the other smashers, this can be a fun event if we allow it to be.

In the general area of the Convention Center, there is a lot of fast food restaurants, gas stations, my house is super close to the Venue, so we will be smashing the night before all night probably, I can house a few more people possibly, depending on if MP decides to bunk with me and his crew, and depending on how many people he brings.

Kurasa said he doesn't have the TV's finalized yet, but every game will have the Grand Finals on the projector, and If they have internet I can stream, and if not, we can record any matches requested, more then likely recording the Winner's semi's up.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Dude this looks sick, We are probably close enough to just come out during the day. Collinsville is only like 45 mins from my place, and prolly not to bad from Metal's either. I most likely will be able to get to this, but it is still a little early to tell. Don't worry about respecting Kurasa you know im cool, and i will keep the rest of STL in line lol.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Good to hear Steve, we'll be having a Smashfest the night before at my crib, so if you guys don't feel like drivin' back, we can all just crash here and go there the next day, whatever you'd guys like.

Here's a checklist of the people I'd like to see at this one FOR SURE.

Metal (You especially, You haven't went to a tourney in forever.)
Legan
AltF4
Brawleen
Future
Mike
Seth
Everyone from Wills
Slido
Bino
Zoze
Missing Person
Thinkaman
Kirksville

Confirm you're arrival guys, make me a happy kid.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
I'll just say I can go now. I need to check for sure, but I'm 99% confident I can go.

Cook

Smash Master
Good to hear Steve, we'll be having a Smashfest the night before at my crib, so if you guys don't feel like drivin' back, we can all just crash here and go there the next day, whatever you'd guys like.

Here's a checklist of the people I'd like to see at this one FOR SURE.

Metal (You especially, You haven't went to a tourney in forever.)
Legan
AltF4
Brawleen
Future
Mike

Seth
Everyone from Wills
Slido
Bino
Zoze
Missing Person
Thinkaman
Kirksville

Confirm you're arrival guys, make me a happy kid.
I'm GUESSING me and Nicole (Ironboots) will be there, but it's hard to tell right now how busy we'll be in November.

Cook

Smash Master
kk, I never got a chance to meet you guys, and you seemed like you hated me ASC, so I didn't add your name. :(
Hope to see everyone there.
I did (and do) hate you.

JK. Did I even play you? I don't remember hating anyone...

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
I talked to Gambino tonight and told him about the added pot. He's in. He isn't sure if he's coming up to Milk's Friday yet or not, it will depend on his work schedule.

I'm sure Zoze will be down. But I haven't talked to him yet.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
You're name is crossed out Future because you are coming for sure, and you have no say in it whatsoever.

METAL YOU ARE COMING.
Everyone too, my house is like 5 minutes away from the venue, so we can just all play here Friday and stay here if you don't wanna' drive back home, and just leave that morning for the tourney.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I unannounce my probable arrival as I am not invited. If bonus pot is confirmed, we should place that in the title: having to only go to St. Louis to play the top players would be sweet!

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
I unannounce my probable arrival as I am not invited. If bonus pot is confirmed, we should place that in the title: having to only go to St. Louis to play the top players would be sweet!
My bad sir.

I was just trying to get everybody's hopes and dreams up so that there will be more hype over this.

You dashed hopes, Rob!

Dashed them...

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
At least he hasn't lost to someone with a name like futurewrestler or teh_future or some bs like that. Haha, you both are too good.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
XD Yeah, I know... That annoyed the crap out of me losing to that guy. I play like such garbage after I just get up. D:

Teh Future

Smash Master
At least he hasn't lost to someone with a name like futurewrestler or teh_future or some bs like that. Haha, you both are too good.
LOL at least my name makes some sort of sense from an english standpoint. When people put borders and crap on their name it just looks ********.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Future your name is dumb.

Also, depending on how well BBrawl does up until this tourney at Aerial Raves, we could possibly feature BBrawl as our main game, I'll keep everyone informed, along with Think.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
I really hate to say this, but I kind of have to agree with Future on this one. BBrawl as a side tourney is a great idea, no problem there! However, I would advise you not to feature it as our "main game." If we decide to do that, we aren't ever going to get any competition, because, let's face it, even if a game is ten times better than its counterpart it won't draw nearly as large of an audience if its not an official game with its own cd and crap.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Come tourney day, we'll see what the vote is, as of right now it seems a lot of people don't want it as a main event, so Think, Jeff, and I will discuss it soon I suppose.

Either way, we are going to have BBrawl there one way or another.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
So I am coming to this to hang out with Kurasa... XD

I'll try to bring some Chicago peepz with me to play in Brawl, since I don't want to drive alone and I am sure they will come down to play some Brawl with you guys. Not sure on BBrawl though....

See Milk, I told you I would come down there to play in a future event after you came to my first Clash event. lol

I just like hanging out with Kurasa and getting destroyed by him in TvC... =p

Top Bottom