• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TGWP 2009 West Coast Edition - GARUNTEED +500$ 4 1st PLACE- POSTPONED TILL SUMMER

Status
Not open for further replies.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
Regional Tourney

T.rue
G.angstas
W.ear
P.ink
due to the fact that we havent gotten many out of staters interested....

first place brawl singles gets 500$ garunteed, and for every 10 people over 45 people im adding 100$ to 1st place 50$ to second place and 50$ third place

a utah tourney hosted by gkirby Saturday October 3rd-4th depending on the turnout

Venue
Name: Gangstakirbys huge αss house
Address: 2522 horseshoe circle
south jordan, Utah, United States
Notes: park in the back parking lot please... theres ALOT of room that way everyone can get in ^_^ follow the signs they will lead u to the tourney area

BYOC&C (bring your own controller&console)
bring TV's if possible aswell!

times:
friendlys 11:00 am
tourneys 12:00pm

tourney games - 5 dollars of the entry is part of the venue fee which i will waiver if you bring a full setup as in TV, Wii, and copy of brawl

brawl singles 15$
brawl doubles 30$ for team so 15 bucks each
brawl+ wut ever the most recent nightly build is singles $15
brawl+ wut ever the most recent nightly build is doubles 40$ for each team

Rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

Starter Stages:

* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Smashville

Counter Pick Stages:
*lylat
*yoshis island (brawl)
* Brinstar
* Delfino
* Frigate Orpheon
* Jungle Japes
* Pictochat
* Pirate Ship
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Rainbow Cruise
* Distant Planet
* Luigi's Mansion
* Yoshi's Island (Pipes/melee)
* Norfair
* Onett (is banned in 1v1 ONLY)

HOUSE RULES:
if these are broken u shall be immediatley and with out question ejected from my household and permanently banned from future tourneys SO READ NOW!!!

1. stay down stairs in the tv room for brawling

2. dont go into the bedrooms surrounding the tv areas i do not have permission to use those tvs and will not give it... how ever there will be a room with a restroom that i will allow u to use but DO NOT CROWD IN THERE!!!

3. no swimming, i know the pool is nearbye but no this is not allowed by anymeans

Theres lots of fast food places nearbye, less than a 5 minute drive away from the venue, and as for housing... i can house 1 or 2 people but no promises till a later date first come first serve..

Flying J

Smash Rookie
Starts at 12 AM, tournament starts 11 hours before the friendlies? Might want to fix that. Also, charging $10 a person for singles and $5 per person for doubles seems a little off. Most local tournaments charge $5 per person for each. Not sure how much of a following Brawl+ has around here. And most of all, we need to know the date, you're going to want people to show up on the right day.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL @ the midnight start time! :chuckle:
Oh, and I doubt a Brawl+ tournament will happen, but it's going to be the lastest 4.2 B+ nightly that'll be used, right? I guess I would have to prepare a version that's without personal mods like no air-dodge out of tumble, etc., just in case...
Oh, and as for the no shoes rule: I think it's best to make everyone take off their shoes. If you don't, then you would have to check everyone's shoes, and then you would have to determine if it's "slightly too dirty" or whatever. And then what if someone steps on someone else's bare feet when they have shoes on... ;)
As for the random stage list...talk about bias. Having Lylat as a Counterpick with the other 7 as neutrals... :p I think it's best to just simply use 3 starters. It makes stage-striking much easier/faster, and there won't be any complaining about stages (if there are, then there'll be so few that it'll be essentially non-existent).

Banned via Warnings
LOL @ the midnight start time! :chuckle:
Oh, and I doubt a Brawl+ tournament will happen, but it's going to be the lastest 4.2 B+ nightly that'll be used, right? I guess I would have to prepare a version that's without personal mods like no air-dodge out of tumble, etc., just in case...
Oh, and as for the no shoes rule: I think it's best to make everyone take off their shoes. If you don't, then you would have to check everyone's shoes, and then you would have to determine if it's "slightly too dirty" or whatever. And then what if someone steps on someone else's bare feet when they have shoes on... ;)
As for the random stage list...talk about bias. Having Lylat as a Counterpick with the other 7 as neutrals... :p I think it's best to just simply use 3 starters. It makes stage-striking much easier/faster, and there won't be any complaining about stages (if there are, then there'll be so few that it'll be essentially non-existent).
i have the very first 4.2 nightly release as i can rarely update my sd card... but i will have the newest one by saturday so yes the most recently nightly release as of thursday or friday of these week i will let u know which one, and please keep the music and pretty shields tho :p

and im keeping it at seven becuase its an odd number and lylat really is the worst <.< the rest of the list after starters is straight from sbr, and at least i left it as a counter pick... xP

of course if theres a more than 2/3 vote against any of my rules aside from the house rules i am willing to change them. and also i may remove the ban on the cape glitch... and change it to no using it for more than 4-5 seconds or sum such thing... i gotta decide on a way to measure how long and stuff like that first so i doubt i will

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I say just use 3 neutrals: Final Destination, Battlefield, and Lylat Cr... Smashville.

And if you want, I can always update your SD Card with the newest build at the tournament. I bring my laptop to every tournament, so if you have your SD Card with you, I can give you the updated stuff pretty quickly.

r3d d09

Smash Master
I saw we try and keep the same rules from tourney to tourney.

Maybe have a little discussion and set utah rules and what not. that'd be bawler.

I'm stoked for this. Boorah. I will bring my swimming suit ;)

Banned via Warnings
I say just use 3 neutrals: Final Destination, Battlefield, and Lylat Cr... Smashville.

And if you want, I can always update your SD Card with the newest build at the tournament. I bring my laptop to every tournament, so if you have your SD Card with you, I can give you the updated stuff pretty quickly.
lol xD

thatd b awesome thanx bro! its gonna have ur awesome music to right XD that was epic wen u had hare hare yukai as the main theme :p

and r3d d09 <.< im watchin u

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I going to see if I can come to this, I'll need to ask my parents.

If I can, first tourney. I look forward to seeing how well I can hold up.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So I won't be going to this... still :(

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Might be able to go. My cars' been overheating so I don't know if i'm gonna have a vehicle to get up there.................mayb i'll ask Phx for a ride:).

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
$10 dollar entry fee is way too much. Utah is cheap, no one will show up if it's that high. Just make it the usual $5 for singles and 10 total (5 each) for a team

Good luck getting people to even pay $5 for brawl+. Just letting you know, most people don't really compete in that, even if they enjoy messing around with it.

I would suggest moving the stage striking to three stages. BF FD and SV. Stage striking can be tedious and take quite some time with 7 maps to choose from.

Also, green greens should be banned. DDD can infinite against the blocks there. I would also suggest moving port town aero drive to banned as well.

And don't try to create a different rule for infinite cape glitch. It is way too hard to patrol that way. Just keep it banned period.

Just some advice, from one TO to another ;) Also, I can help you with whatever you need. I have a ton of experience running tourneys, and pretty much everything relating to it.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
True. It will be much easier. >_> <_< >_<

Also, I can barely even read the OP. You should change it back if you want people to actually read it and know the rules.

Banned via Warnings
True. It will be much easier. >_> <_< >_<

Also, I can barely even read the OP. You should change it back if you want people to actually read it and know the rules.
i changed it... the pretty text is at the bottom now...

if i come up with another way to get "icecream" ill signal u to come take it... i got 4 ways i could do it setup depending on how things go down

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I vote you move this tournament down to St. George. The attendance will really skyrocket.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
id tell you why but i already know what you guys will say, and besides, i hear wang isnt attneding

r3d d09

Smash Master
I vote you move this tournament down to St. George. The attendance will really skyrocket.
I will probably be going down to ST George soon, if i do, i will see if i can host a tourney down there.
How come there isn't any down there anyways? St George is packed with people. I'm sure hurricane would travel to a tourney as well.
you could host one Xsyven. I'm sure you'd get a nice turn out.
Another thing, I haven't seen anyone else post from southern Utah on the boards. what gives?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'm going to college at Dixie so i'll be down in st george for a couple years starting later this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom